Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Not So Bad After All by prongsroxmysox11

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
James

Warmth overflows my body like hot water as Lily's lips press back on mine-

Lips.

Press.

Back.

On.

Mine.

WHAT?!

Lily Evans, the beautiful Lily Evans who has haunted my dreams for four years, is kissing me.

In utter shock, I stop kissing her sweet lips and stare.

"Um..." Is the only thing I can manage to get out of my mouth.

Lily's face goes scarlet.

"I, I didn't mean to do-, I mean, I-"

She bites her lip and glances up at me nervously before turning around and sprinting.

"LILY!" I yell after her but she's already gone.

Lily

No, no, no.... I'm hurting James AGAIN! I don't understand myself. I'm in love with him but the only thing I can manage to do is hurt his feelings, AUGH!

Furiously I run my fingers through my red hair and keep running down the hall to get as far away from James as possible.

"Ow!" A boy exclaims.

I look up and see Sirius clutching his head after I ran into him. "God, watch where you're going Li-"

He freezes midsentence after getting a good look at me.

I didn't realize I'd been crying the whole time I'd been racing down the hall. Heck, I didn't even realize where I was going.

Sirius' mouth opens and he just stands there gaping at me. He's probably deciding which to do first: yell at me, or ask what's wrong.

"Lily, what happened?"

I really did not want to get into this.

"It's nothing."

Sirius rolls his bright blue eyes.

"What happened?"

"I just did something stupid ok? Just leave me alone."

He crosses his arms and stares at me with a look that clearly states I'm not going anywhere until he knows what's going on.

"James just kissed me, ok?" I mutter and try to walk off but as soon as he hears THAT he grabs the back of my robes.

"JAMES WHAT?!" he yells.

I put my face in my hands.

"So what did you DO?" he asks.

"I kissed him back." I say as quietly as possible but it comes out muffled in my hands.

"What?"

"I kissed him back." I repeat, taking my head out of my hands.

Sirius' eyes widen and he lets go of me. You couldn't have surprised him more if you had shoved a niffler down the back of his shirt.

"Um, this is going to sound kind of mean on my part, but WHY?" he asks.
I whip around and glare at him with tears still pouring down my face.

"CAUSE I LOVE HIM YOU IDIOT!" I shout.

Sirius goes dead silent.

"Look, Lily, I'm sorry..."

"Just don't tell him!" I beg.

Sirius looks at me with eyes full of pity.

"But why don't you just tell him?"

My lip trembles.

"I don't know."

Then I'm back off down the hall.

James

I am so confused. If you DON'T like someone, you DON'T kiss them, but Lily, who just yelled at me for beating up Snape, KISSED ME! I have no idea how she feels about me or what I'm suppost to do!

Tears of frustration run down my face and Sirius walks in.

"James?"

I look up at him.

"Man, what's up Prongs?"

Furiously, I wipe off the tears on my face and start pouring out everything that happened, how I got my heart broken by Lily, started crying, ran into her and everything that ran through my head while I was kissing her, and about her kissing ME.

Sirius smiles, which I don't appreciate.

I glare at him.

"What's so funny?" I ask viciously.

Sirius looks at me calmly, as if he's about to tell me I'm either being executed or won a million galleons.

"You know something," I say.

Sirius shrugs nervously.

"You could say that."

"Is it about Lily?" I ask.

He nods.

My heart starts pounding.

"Well?"

"She told me not to tell you," Sirius replies.

I feel anger boil up in my blood.

"SIRIUS! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME! YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND AND SHE'S THE FORCE THAT MAKES MY HEART BEAT!"

Sirius raises an eyebrow and rolls his eyes like I'm some kind of ignorant 4-year-old.

"You didn't let me finish." he says calmly.

Silence.

"She told me not to tell you she's in love with you."

*sorry im ending the chapter there* :)