Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A 6th Year at Hogwarts by SomberBallad

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“He is wrapped around my finger, and I’m starting to see into his friends’ world now. Your gem has yet to fail met master, of course,” the young woman murmured her lips hardly moving, and her head bowed to the ground. “The boy doesn’t see the signs, he has no idea of your plan master.”

“Good, it is about time you have done something useful for me, maybe now I won’t have to destroy you. You might finally be living up to your intelligence,” growled Harry pleasantly, in a voice that was not his own, pleased with how his plan was unfolding nicely.

“A word of caution, your informant at the school, might not be so loyal to our side,” said the girl cautiously.

“Don’t second guess me girl!” he raged back, “he knows what is best for him, Severus knows what would happen if he aligned with that old fool Dumbledore. That crowd rejected him many years ago; we are his only real purpose and pride. He may have doubts but his skin still burns at night.” He emitted a cold dark laugh, twirling his wand contentedly.

“Our plan will unfold right before everyone’s eyes and no one will be able to do a thing about it, not even Dumbledore. No one can stop me from destroying Harry Potter, even when my servants are dangling right in front of his allies. My dear girl you have done well, your loyalties are well noted. Soon, when vengeance is mine. The next full moon shall be ideal I think, a night only a werewolf could love.”

The servant looked up and stared at the Dark Lord with a look of content and fear. Harry glared into Kira’s eyes for a long moment, becoming slowly apart from the dream.

“Harry are you positive?” asked Hermione in a high voice, fear now tearing through her, as Harry recalled his dream.

“I couldn’t make it up, I was there,” replied Harry softly feeling a cold chill run through he own veins.

“When is the next full moon?”

“I don’t know”

“Oh goodness, of course I know,” remarked Hermione pulling out her astronomy papers from a large pile of books and papers on the floor.

She breathed a sigh of relief, “We still have another month yet. Oh Harry, we have to tell Sirius now!”

Harry nodded reluctantly, gazing out the window at the one-o’clock sun. He knew he was going to get hell as soon as Sirius found out though, and his prediction was not far from the truth.
***
“What the hell is wrong with you Harry? Did you not learn anything last year? You didn’t learn anything when you nearly got dozens of wizards killed. What the hell have you been doing during Occlumency lessons if not learning? Although I know you have, I’ve talked Severus; he says you’ve improved. So that means you are purposely opening up your mind to be Voldemort. Do you have any idea how dangerous that is Harry? Do you have any idea whether this is a lie or not? No, no you don’t. It could be another ploy just like last time. And you…” rounded Sirius now turning to Hermione, “Did you lose all your common sense over winter break? You knew about his dreams and you didn’t bother to come to me or Remus about them,”

Hermione started to protest, but he silenced her, “No, no Hermione, you are smarter then that, end of discussion. You are both smarter then putting hundreds of wizards in danger.” His deep eyes stared intently, seemingly looking into the souls of both the young wizards, who looked very small in his gaze. “This is exactly why I objected to you all being part of the Order, you don’t use common sense.”

“What?” asked Harry sharply not exactly sure if he had heard correctly.

“Yes Harry, it was proposed that you be permitted to join the Order for informational purposes. But lucky for you, Severus and I knocked that proposition down flat, the only time I’ll agree with that man.”

Harry looked angrily at Sirius not really sure if he should yell at him or not. He was also not really sure if he didn’t deserve what he was getting. But felt somehow that he was being cheated in this whole situation.

“Alright you two, up to the headmaster’s office, Dumbledore has to hear about this,” sighed Sirius shaking his hair and running his hand through it, “I’ll meet up with you, I have to change.”

Harry and Hermione walked sulkily out of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and towards the gargoyle guarding Dumbledore’s office. They waited silently, as if being punished like seven year olds, until Sirius ran up behind them, muttering to himself. The stairs swung open and Sirius ran up first, dressed in his Professor Blanchet disguise. Hermione and Harry followed him keeping up with his quick step. Dumbledore was waiting patiently for them, sitting at his desk, arms crossed, leaning on them slightly. He motioned for Harry and Hermione to take a seat, which they did, again silently.

They didn’t speak until motioned to by Dumbledore. Harry recounted the dreams word for word all he could remember. Dumbledore did not look angry or enraged like Sirius, but he looked tired, somewhat disappointed. Harry felt really childish all of a sudden, and Hermione silently kicked herself for being so stupid.

Sirius paced impatiently and angrily behind them both. He looked as if he could have used a wardrobe to kick.

“Do calm down Sirius, it is not yet the end of the wizarding world,” remarked Dumbledore lightly. Sirius paused and leaned sulkily against the wall, not really wanting to be calm. His emphasis on yet made Harry shudder a little.

“Did you get all that Phineas?” asked Dumbledore resting his worn face in his right hand.

“Yes Albus I did, shall I report back?” asked the former headmaster dryly, gazing down jadedly from his frame, at the scene below him.

“Please, don’t leave out any details it may be imperative,” sighed Dumbledore, waving him off. “I’ve been afraid of this for a long time, I had no idea he was so desperate yet. It is just as well that some of us have been expecting this.”

“Shall we seize her Albus, then we can learn the names of others?” asked Sirius, still leaning on the wall, his hands crossed over his broad chest. Harry looked dumbly between them both wishing he knew what they were talking about.

“No, that would be rash, and then he will alert the others, a battle could be on our hands by the end of the night if we don’t play out cards carefully. First we must tell Mr. Weasley. Miss Granger, would you please separate him from his company, I suppose you know where to find them, bring him back here. Make it look as natural as possible if we are to get this to work,” ordered Dumbledore looking keenly at Hermione, who seemed to get smaller in his gaze. She nodded and excused herself.

“What about me professor?” asked Harry meekly.

“I am not going to send you into a trap if that is their intention Harry,” remarked Dumbledore smartly.

“But you would send Hermione?” retorted Harry defensively.

“It’s not Miss Granger he wants Harry,” replied Dumbledore, giving him a surprised glance.

“Sirius, retrieve Minerva and Severus for me, we have work to be done.”

Sirius quitted the room quickly, his robes billowing behind him.
***
Hermione walked quickly through Hogsmeade’s streets, wishing she had not worn her nice school shoes today. She weaved in and out of students, and tried to not be seen by classmates or teachers who would not stop her. Finally she reached the front of the teashop, she caught her breath and craned her neck trying to see in the windows, and sure enough Ron and Kira were flirting shamelessly in the corner. Or moreover, Kira was flirting with Ron; she leaned of the table and gave him a long kiss. Hermione grimaced, wondering how in the world they were going to tell him about Kira. She started pacing trying to think of someway for Ron to leave with her alone and without Kira.

“Look what we have here boys, little Mudblood Granger wandering around Hogsmeade by herself on Valentine’s Day weekend. I see Weasel is having a good time though, I do pity dear Kira,” Malfoy remarked gazing at the window behind Hermione, Goyle and Crabbe laughed foolishly, “Did Potter find a date with someone prettier? I can’t imagine why you’d be here, perhaps mourning your lack of a date.”

“You’re right Malfoy, I couldn’t find a date with two big and ugly Slytherins like you’ve got, you are so lucky,” she replied sarcastically giving him a curt smile and turning back around to enter Madam Puddifoot’s. She was secretly thankful Harry didn’t come with her now; he would have just made things worse with Malfoy. The thing that she did not realize was that fact that she had just made things worse.

“Immobulus!” yelled Malfoy, pointing his wand at Hermione. “Stay here,” he ordered Crabbe and Goyle.

“Now, let me make this simple, if you ever talk to me like that again, I can make things very painful for you. You aren’t as tough without your friends around either Mudblood,” snarled Malfoy, running his fingers lightly on the side of her face. Her brown eyes just glared angrily at him. Lucky for Hermione, Ron and Kira came through the door of the teashop arm in arm.

“What the hell do you think you are doing Malfoy,” asked Ron withdrawing his arm from Kira’s and pulling out his wand.

“Mobulus,” murmured Malfoy to Hermione, “You are quite lucky Granger.”

“Oh don’t mind me Weasley, just having a chat with your friend Granger here, no harm done,” he replied, placing his arm around her shoulders. “You have a good date now, I mean this is probably the best one you’ll ever get. I’m so sorry about your quidditch fall over the summer Kira, I do hope you get better, and your common sense is regained,” spoke Malfoy pleasantly, as if talking to good friends.

“Get off me,” snarled Hermione as if she were talking about something truly disgusting.

“With pleasure, now I have an excuse to buy new robes, c’mon Crabbe, Goyle.” With that, the three Slytherins walked away up the hill towards the Shrieking Shack.

“Hermione are you alright?” asked Ron coming over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Oh Ron, I…I…umm…feel fine…”said Hermione swaying a little bit. Ron grabbed her shoulder.

“What did he do…or is it…” Ron’s eyes got really big, and he looked at Kira pleadingly.

“I have to get her help, I’m so sorry, do you mind? I’ll make it up…I swear, please,” pleaded Ron looking very frightened.

“Of course,” nodded Kira her eyes full of concern, she kissed his cheek. “I’ll see you later.” She watched them leave her, in the late afternoon sun, but she noticed the dark clouds headed their way. She crossed her arms and smiled at them knowingly.

Ron supported Hermione all the way back to the Hogwarts grounds. Then she finally straightened up, and grabbed his hand. “Come on, we have to move.” Ron looked at her bewildered, which quickly turned to anger.

“You don’t have time to be mad at me, come on, “she urged again, realizing his own anger before he did. She ran with him to Dumbledore’s office where Sirius was waiting for them.

“Took a scenic tour?” he asked sarcastically, his mood apparently not improved at all.

“Malfoy,” muttered Hermione gliding past him up the stairs.

When the three of them were finally in the office, everyone was there. Sirius leaned once again on the wall in the corner farthest from Snape; who looked particularly annoyed about being there. Professor McGonagall stood attentively to the right of the headmaster’s desk. Harry was still slouched in one of the armchairs in front of Dumbledore’s desk, with his hands over his face, not even turning to look when his friends entered the room.

“Good, everyone is here, now it is time to start.”