Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Black Chronicles - An Ancient Legacy by the nutty imp

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Thanks to Orlaith for editing this chapter SeriousSiriusFan for the Snape song and dance idea Harriet Evans for that bit of advise on using transitions.

Chapter 9 - Draconian Methods

He did not know how he ended up in this room, although the room itself possessed a warm and airy feel. Smoke rose from the brass lamps that stood in each corner, and the high narrow windows were left open for the cool night air to enter. Sirius gingerly approached one of the unfinished portraits that stood in one corner, beside it were pots of paint, and brushes that stood upright in earthen jars. Some of the portraits watched the intruder with interest; others ignored Sirius and continued to go about their business.

"Where am I?" Sirius muttered as he took a seat on one of the two wooden stools that stood in the middle of the room.

"Your mind and consciousness is inside ‘The Chronicle’, at least in my section of it."

Sirius turned around to the sound of the voice; a man dressed in blue velvet with his dark hair parted in the middle walked in.

"Nathaniel?"

Smoky eyes glared at the young boy. "It is extremely foolish of you to pull off this stunt!"

Sirius looked at the man utterly confused. "But I only followed your instruction. You asked me to..."

"Have I not taught you enough? You should never trust anyone. Blind faith is not something you can afford."

Sirius bit his lower lip. "But you’re one of my ancestral guides...family..."

The man sighed and lowered himself unto a stool. "One should not always give too much faith in blood. Do you even realize that by coming here you are opening your mind to me...and if I choose to do so, I could take control over you?"

"Then why did you teach me how to do this?"

Seeing the boy’s strickened look the man gave the child a mischievous grin. "I merely wanted see how gullible you are."

"You do know that you’re such a prat."

"Although I was telling you the truth, you are putting yourself at risk and giving the consciousness that resides in this book the opportunity to control you. So I do not advise you do this again."

"Then why bother teaching me this trick?"

"You wanted to have a long talk and I find that speaking with you face-to-face is far easier than the usual way."

Sirius stifled a groan. He didn’t give too much credence to his father’s version of the Black’s family history and Aris only spoke in riddles. Nathaniel on the other hand was unpredictable, but at least he gave straight answers.

-0-

Heavy brooding men slouched by the nearby table. A man on a desk counted the galleons handed to him, before placing them into the cash box. On one of the small tables sat a short, chubby man with a pointed nose. He took a swig of his fire whiskey and wondered why his old friend had insisted upon their need to talk. Peter Pettigrew had not spoken with his childhood friends for almost 10 years. He wondered on the man’s sudden call, and his insistence on their need to talk.

"Hello Peter, it has been a long time. How are your wife and daughter?"

"Re-remus, why the sudden need of this... this reunion? Dolores is fine and Paerissa is looking forward to Hogwarts in a couple of years from now."

Remus sighed. "I’ve been having some dreams. I believe portions of my memories are coming back. I need to ask..."

-0-

Fred groaned as he struggled to open his eyes, he felt his twin stir beside him.

"Fred?"

He pushed himself against the cold stone floor to bring himself onto a sitting position. "What the hell happened and where are we?"

"I don’t know; the last thing I remember was delivering to Sirius that cursed book of his."

George frowned. "I remember we have a prank all planned out but I don’t remember what it is?

"You haven’t answered my first question: where are we?"

George looked around. "I think we’re in the Potions’ room. How we got here I have no idea."

The door swung open and Severus Snape entered and glared darkly at the two 3rd year students.

-0-

Remus Lupin shook his head, for he was now more confused than ever. "Are you saying that I told Voldermort you were the Potter’s secret keeper?"

The other man shifted uncomfortably. "Remus, I don’t blame you. Even I was not able to withstand the torture. You must not trust all of your returning memories. Remember that it was a gift of Regulus Black. You know how cunning the Blacks can be."

-0-

The man held a brush in his hand stroked the canvas gently. Behind him was a boy on a wooden stool, who watched him paint as well as listened to his tale. "Asclepius was a skilled healer during 1200’s BC. Eventually, through myth and legend he came to be worshipped as Asclepius, the Greek god of Healing. Asclepius always carried his ‘snake familiar’ on a staff wherever he went. The snake eventually became the Greek symbol of healing and wisdom. Asclepius was Aris’ father and teacher."

"You mean people actually believed that Aris was a half-deity?" Sirius laughed at the thought.

The painter gave him a lop-sided grin. "I’d imagine that the idea went through Aris’ head - thus his poor emulation of the Oracle of Delphi."

Sirius gave a bark-like laugh. "But how did he come up with that family crest and our family name? Black just doesn’t sound like a Greek name. Aris also said that he was the first of the Blacks."

"That he is. Asclepius focused on the art of healing and although Aris was also adept at this, his heart wasn’t in it. Aris’ love was for history, poetry and magical creatures. Initially he followed his father’s footsteps, but after Asclepius death, Aris decided to pursue knowledge and skills beyond those that his father has taught him. In his travels he developed a tight friendship with four misunderstood horse-type creatures. Aris vowed to protect these creaturesfrom persecution and extinction so he found a barren island full of black stones..."

"Black Isle?"

"Yes, people though him crazy to have bought such a place. Aris spent several years of his life creating a haven for his friends. He traveled far and wide to garner knowledge on magic, but always returned to the Isle. People started to call him Aris of Black Isle, it eventually became..."

Sirius smiled for everything made sense now. "Aris Black."

Nathaniel nodded. "The snake in our crest was placed there to honor Asclepius. The four horses are the creatures for whom Aris had created the Haven."

"But surely no wizard could have created an isle of magic all by himself. Hogwarts required four powerful wizards and witches..."

Nathaniel smiled. "The four creatures eventually heard of Aris’ goal and went to the Isle to assist him. Aris was able to channel and tap into these creature’s innate magic to create the perfect haven for them. To protect them he further enchanted the island with protection spells that will ensure that no one can enter without the consent of all four creatures."

Sirius looked puzzled. "Then why did Seidon say that for as long as there is a Black, the island will stay protected?"

"That ancient magic was linked to Aris’ blood. These magical creatures needed a medium from Aris’ bloodline to channel and strengthen the island’s defenses. Thus the Black family ring was made; this was passed on to all of Aris’ heirs. That ring allowed the creatures to channel their magic into Aris’ heir so as to continuously secure their haven. The side effect is that it enhances the heir’s inner magic. This is root of the Black family’s strength. It also stretches towards the direct family of the ring-bearer making them the indirect mediums of these creatures as well."

Sirius was now totally confused. "But Aris said that the ring is used to record all the wearer’s thoughts and emotions so that a replica would be available in this book for all future descendants."

Nathaniel smiled. "That part of the ring was created by Aris, for his only regret is that he was unable to pursue his love for history and poetry, thus he made a tool for which his family’s history will always be preserved.”

"But there was no such thing as leather-bound books during Aris’ time."

Nathaniel grinned. "The Chronicle used to be a slab of stone ... the book was an enhancement of mine. But that’s a tale for another time. It’s almost morning in your world."

Sirius frowned. "But I want to stay."

Nathaniel smirked. "You forget, in this realm I’m the one in control, and if I say that you should leave, I can make you leave."

Sirius tried to protest. "But I also want to know how you died. I had this dream..."

Nathaniel’s expression turned to one of anger. "Begone brat! I no longer wish to speak." He waved his hand and Sirius felt himself being pushed back and the scene about him began to fade.

Sirius woke and found he himself surrounded by unfamiliar white curtains; he then remembered that he was in the hospital wing. He groaned as his headache felt a whole lot worse. He grumbled about his lack of sleep and his temperamental ancestor. He looked down at the opened book and specifically at the third portrait. Instead of seeing Nathaniel’s face he saw a black horse. He wondered where his ancestor had run off to and closed the book.

-0-

Harry dragged a very sleepy Ron Weasley towards the hospital wing.

Ron yawned. "I still do see why we have to go at this ungodly hour."

"Ron, we just need to make sure that the idiot stays put. We both know how he likes to wake up early and wander about for his little escapades. After that concussion the last thing we need is Sirius getting himself into trouble again."

"What are we? The bloody idiot’s babysitters?"

"No, we’re that bloody idiot’s friends."

Both boys reached the hospital wing and proceeded to unlock the door. "Alohomora!" They walked inside and found the bed empty.

Ron frowned and wondered where Sirius got all that energy to wake up early just to set up his pranks, be a notorious hyper-active pest for the remainder of the day, and plan more pranks at night. "That bloody idiot has already left. Where do you reckon, he’d run off to?"

Harry frowned. "Let’s go check the lake first. If he’s not there, we might be able to get Seidon to help."

"No way Harry! I’m not in the mood to further inflame that overbearing kelpie’s ego."

"Oh come on Ron. Seidon’s not that bad."

"Really? Mr. I’m-an-all-powerful-kelpie, trivial human matters are beneath me, and if you don’t pay me the proper respect-I will drown you. Is not so bad?

Harry laughed. "He’s not allowed to drown anyone. That’s a term on that deal he struck with the Headmaster."

Ron rolled his eyes and followed Harry out the door and towards the lake.

Standing underneath an oak tree, Sirius gave an irritated grunt, for the Weasley Twins were late. He perked up a bit as he saw two people headed his way. "Hey Harry! Ron! Where are Fred and George?"

"Sirius!"

"So now that we’ve found the git, we don’t have to see the kelpie anymore do we?" Ron hopefully asked Harry.

"Fred and George are asleep, and you should be too."

Sirius grumbled. "Lazy gits. I suppose they sent you two to take their place. Come on."

"Wait-a-minute! Why are you headed for that lake! Do we have to see that damn kelpie?"

Sirius sighed. "Didn’t Fred and George explain it to you two? Snape is a Potions Master thus, he’ll likely detect the potion if we plant it on his drink. He’s also an expert in Occulumency, so voodoo mind control is also out of the question. Therefore, good ‘ol Seidon is our best solution."

"What the hell are you talking about, Black?"

Sirius blinked. "You mean those two didn’t even explain the plan to you!"

-0-

An Eagle Owl flew towards a great white house. A man with long white-blond hair and pale, pointed face opened the window and accepted the letter.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Dear Father,

I thank you for sending Kreacher over. His housekeeping skills have not improved, however he is of a great assistance in our endeavor. You were right, he is quite adept with the wand and has sufficient knowledge especially those of the Dark Arts. His former mistress taught him well.

It is unfortunate that Kreacher had to perform an obliviating charm. You need not worry, he used Goyle’s wand and not my own. But to be on the safe side, I have sent Kreacher home and made sure that he removed all traces that he had ever been here in Hogwarts.

Give mother my love

Your son, Draco

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Lucius Malfoy smiled proudly, for his son is a true slytherin.

-0-

It was just another boring day at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry; however, the students and staff did not believe it would stay that way for long. The reason for which, was the fact they found a small pink card on each and every table. Some waited in gleeful anticipation while others anxiously hoped it would be over soon and they not end up the victims of whatever S.P.A.W.N had planned.

Heads turned in surprise when Severus Snape entered the Great Hall wearing a red robe over lion printed pajamas. The scene was further enhanced by the fact the stern Professor was wearing fluffy pink bunny slippers, his greasy hair was set in curlers and he had a clothes pin clipped on his hooked nose.

All gaped except for Professor Remus Lupin, who was still deep in thought with regards to his conversation with Peter Pettigrew the other night. He wondered if his betrayal was the reason, as to why Peter made it a point to avoid him, despite the fact that they were the closest of friends during their Hogwarts days. He did not notice Severus Snape, as the man skipped over towards him until the former grabbed him and started to twirl him whilst singing, "Why can’t we be friends? Why can’t we be friends..." in a nasally high pitched tone.

The hall erupted in laughter and Remus Lupin did not know whether he should be amused or mortified.

A loud explosion was heard outside. Remus found himself sitting on the floor as Snape dropped him and sauntered towards the large door.

Snape turned around and once again and sang in that awful, nasally, high-pitched voice, "So long, farewell. I need to say adieu. Adieu to you and you and you and you..." And pirouetted his way out the hall.

From his position on the floor, Remus Lupin laughed.

Outside the Great Hall, Sirius Black looked thoroughly disappointed. "Professor Lupin was not even slightly pissed!"

Fred and George rolled over in laughter. "Brilliant! How did you guys get Snape to do that?”

Sirius stared at the two incredulously. "You both know that, that’s not Snape."

George looked puzzled, "Then who?"

Ron sighed. "Seidon the egotistical kelpie."

Fred looked surprised, "How did you managed to convince Mr.-Human’s-trivial-form-of-entertainment-is-beneath-me to cooperate."

Harry frowned. "First you two, don’t remember how you ended up in Snape’s dungeon and now you don’t even remember planning this?"

Fred and George shook their heads.

Ron rolled his eyes. "You two are too young to start getting senile. It must be all those inventions of yours. You gits should stop testing that stuff on yourselves. Anyway, it wasn’t that hard to convince the kelpie..."

Harry chuckled to himself, as he remembered the kelpie's haughty attitude when Sirius explained the plan to the creature...

Seidon snorted. "Those trivial human activities do not interest me. We kelpies are above such petty forms of entertainment."

Sirius pretended to plead, "Come on Seidon, It’ll be fun!"

"It is not even worthy of my attention." Seidon crossed his arms defiantly.

Ron rolled his eyes in an exaggerated manner. "Sirius, can’t you take no for an answer? Seidon does not want to do it."

Harry nodded. "Besides I don’t think Seidon’s capable of doing what you’ve asked of him. You’re over-estimating our friend’s capabilities."

Seidon turned towards Harry and glared. "Who says I’m not capable. A kelpie can take any human form and are natural actors."

Sirius sighed. "No Harry’s right. Kelpies are known to take on beautiful forms to seduce and tempt. We’re asking him to imitate an ugly greasy haired git and to sing badly."

"I can do it!"

Ron shook his head. "And don’t forget all that grease on his hair... Kelpies are water horses. We all know oil and water does not mix."

"You dare doubt my capabilities!"

Sirius gave the kelpie an understanding smile. "Its ok Seidon, your capabilities does not matter to us. We’re your friends after all."

The kelpie growled in frustration.

-0-

Draco Malfoy felt pretty pleased with himself. He placed the Weasley Twins in the potions dungeon and tipped Professor Snape off. This had resulted to Gryffindor's loss of 40 points, thus Slytherin was now leading in terms of house points. However, Draco was not through with Gryffindor yet. He saw Harry Potter enter the Great Hall together with the Weasleys and Sirius Black. Draco decided it was now time to set his plan in motion. He picked up a bag of sweets and approached the group with his two bodyguards behind him.

"Black."

"Hey, Draco!"

Draco smirked as Harry and the Weasleys glared at him. He handed the bag of sweets to Sirius. "Mum heard about your little accident with that troll, she thought you’d need this."

Sirius looked puzzled. "How could Cissy know, it only happened yesterday and she’s never sent me sweets before. I’d expect a long lecture letter on Gryffindor recklessness.

Draco rolled his eyes "Fine. I want you to have those sweets and mum won’t blame you for what happened. I already told her you were merely at the wrong place at the wrong time. The reckless idiots were only Potter, Weasley and Granger.”

Harry, Ron, Fred and George now stared at Draco suspiciously. Sirius, however was oblivious as he smiled brightly at the other boy. "Thanks Draco. Glad to hear I’m not in trouble for once."

"Black, you do realize that hanging around these sorts will drag you into trouble. I may not be around to save your neck all the time."

Ron glared at Draco. "Saved him! Get real Malfoy. Harry and I were the ones that ..."

Sirius placed a hand on Ron’s shoulder. "Ron, I’ll handle this." He then grinned at Draco and shook his head. "Draco, have you forgotten that I get into trouble plenty of times without anybody’s help."

Draco sniffed. "That may be true Sirius, but you’re still one of us. You do remember that some wizarding families are much better than others. By hanging around half bloods and worse - Weasley trash, you demean yourself. You’re welcome to sit on the Slytherins’ table anytime."

Ron Weasley angrily pulled out his wand. "That’s it Malfoy! I’ve had enough of your..."

Harry attempted to stop his friend. "Ron No!"

Draco smirked for Ron Weasley had reacted the way he was expected to. It was typical Weasley stupidity to lose one’s temper and threaten another in such a public place.

"What’s going on here?" All eight students turned around and all five Gryffindor students held back a laugh.

Severus Snape’s skin was a sickly shade of yellow thanks to the ‘Weasley exploding skin dye bombs’ planted on his quarter’s doorway. Harry had thought that it be best to have some sort of explosive signal to warn Seidon that the real Severus Snape was coming. However, given their present situation, yellow or not, Severus Snape looked intimidating.

Draco once again pulled the innocent act. "I was only inviting Black to come sit with us."

Snape sneered, "Well then, 10 points from Gryffindor and Weasley goes straight to detention..."

Sirius protested, "But it was only a misunderstanding."

"Shut up Black. Potter, the other two Weasleys will also join Mr. Weasley’s detention."

Sirius gaped. "But they didn’t do anything!"

"Mr. Black, unless you wish to lose more house points, I suggest you shut up and just join Mr. Malfoy at his table."

Draco smirked. "Come on Black. Let’s get out of here before those Gryffindorks drag you down with them." He then yanked Sirius towards the Slytherin table.

From the Gryffindor table, Hermione Granger frowned and her eyes followed Draco Malfoy and Sirius Black. She knew for a fact that Sirius Black was cunning, but the boy was an open book; he had always been straight forward when he picked on Neville. She however felt that Draco Malfoy was the subtle and devious one; Draco tried to get Harry and Ron into trouble on more than one occasion. She watched as Professor Snape limped slightly as he led the four boys towards detention. This seemed to be one of those occasions where Draco succeeded.

Beside Hermione, Neville Longbottom shivered slightly, for across on the Slytherin table, both Sirius Black and Draco Malfoy eyed him evilly. Both boys, individually picked on him on several occasions, but Neville did not want to imagine how bad it would be if both boys worked together.

Ron frowned as he heard a familiar bark-like laugh. Ron glared toward the direction of the Slytherin table. Draco Malfoy succeeded to have gotten him, Harry and his brothers into trouble. However, far worse was the fact that Sirius, their so-called friend had decided to hang out with the enemy. Ron turned around and took note of Snape's limp. He remembered Sirius had laughed about Snape coming in to Madame Pomfrey's last night with a bloodied leg which looked as if some large animal had attacked it. Sirius had told everyone who would listen that it was Mrs. Norris who attacked Snape. Ron wondered if the bite came from the large three-headed dog that guarded a certain trap door.

-0-

Some students yawned and others listened attentively as Professor Kettleburn droned about the Nosferer Leech’s ability to suck the vampire’s poison from a victim at an early stage of the infection. No one had noticed Sirius Black as he charmed some ‘Bat Wings Powder’ and ‘Vampire Dust’ to float toward Neville’s robe, no one that was, except Draco Malfoy who snickered with a malicious gleam in his eyes. He raised his hand...

"Professor, I can help you carry those leeches." All the Gryffindor and Slytherins present were shocked to hear Draco Malfoy’s offer to assist.

"That’s very nice of you Mr. Malfoy, Thank you.”

Draco walked up front and picked up the large wooden box. He then deliberately tripped himself and had the leeches fly-off to...

"Yaaarghh!" Neville Longbottom screamed as he tried to swat the leeches off. "Get them off! Aaaahhh!"

Professor Kettleburn gaped in shock. "They’re not suppose to latch on anything that not infected by vampires."

Sirius jumped up. "It must be all those detentions with Snape! Everyone knows he’s a vampire! Neville must be one by now!"

"Noooo! Someone please help me!" Neville continued to futilely try to swat off the leeches as more clamped on to him.

Draco Malfoy sneered. "I heard those Nosferrer Leeches are capable of draining a vampire dry."

Neville paled even more as Hermione attempted to help the panicked Gryffindor. "Someone call Madame Pomfrey!" As she attempted to pull a leech off, she noticed the light grey substances on Neville’s robe. She took a step back "Aguamenti!" Her wand sent a spray of water towards Neville, and thus washed off the gray substance; the leeches then fell off.

Draco Malfoy, Sirius Black and the rest of the Slytherins laughed at the red-faced Neville.

Professor Kettleburn shook his head. "I’ll take Mr. Longbottom to Madame Pomfrey. Please read Chapter 12 while you wait for my return."

As Professor Kettleburn and Neville left, Hermione marched right up to Draco and Sirius "You idiots! He could have gotten seriously hurt by that stunt of yours."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "How many times, should I repeat myself to you, Granger? He deserved it. And here I thought you’re smart enough to figure that out."

Harry frowned. "She’s right, Sirius. You’ve gone too far this time."

Ron nodded. "Malfoy’s definitely a bad influence to you."

Sirius blinked in shock. He never thought that Harry and Ron would go against him.

Draco smirked. "I told you, you can’t depend on them. They’re all traitors, blood traitors they’ll betray you in a blink of an eye. Mudbloods, half breeds, and Weasley trash will never understand you, or truly accept you."

Sirius glared angrily at both Harry and Ron, "Fine! Take his side. Take that cowardly, lying thief’s side! I don’t need you! You lot deserve one another."

"Sirius.." Harry tried to calm the other boy but, Sirius Black turned on his heels and left.

Ron felt a strong urge to hit Draco Malfoy's smug face but Harry stopped him. "Come on, Ron. Let's go after him." Ron sighed and nodded, for now was not the time to deal with the insufferable Malfoy prat.

As soon as he was out of their field of vision, Sirius ran. He did not know where he was headed, but he just wanted to get away. He was surprised when a large black horse blocked his way. "Seidon!"

The kelpie snorted and changed to his human form. "Want me to drown them?"

Sirius blinked and then laughed. "Is drowning people your only solution for everything?"

Seidon shrugged. "What can I say? I’m a kelpie."

Sirius couldn’t stop himself as he rolled over in laughter.

The kelpie frowned. "That was a serious offer."

Sirius smiled, "How long were you watching?"

The kelpie shrugged. "I was bored. I wanted to see what you’re up to. I never realized how much humans hate water. I don’t see why that girl would blame you. She was the one who had gotten him wet."

Sirius laughed.

The kelpie tossed back his head and grumbled. "Humans are silly."

Harry ran with Ron closely behind with the Marauder’s map at hand. They were both surprised to hear the sound of a familiar bark-like laugh. Ron re-checked the map. "Seems like Seidon’s cheering him up."

When Harry and Ron reached the clearing, they saw Sirius, who rolled over in laughter and Seidon, who looked indignant.

"Sirius!"

Sirius and the kelpie turned towards them, the kelpie snorted. "Humans nowadays, do not know how to properly respect a kelpie. In olden times, that would have been grounds enough to drown them."

Sirius gave the kelpie a look of warning. "Seidon, remember you can’t drown anyone. That was under the terms of agreement you made with Headmaster Dumbledore."

Ron noticed the kelpie’s glare and sarcastically drawled. "Hello your majesty, how may we serve you today?"

The kelpie tossed back his head proudly. "That’s better."

Ron rolled his eyes as Harry laughed.

"Sirius, we need to talk."

"I’m not apologizing for what I did. Longbottom had it coming. I thought you’d see it that way too."

Harry sighed. "Sirius, we’re not condoning what Neville has done. I just want you to take it easy on him."

"Why should I? He didn’t pull his punches. And contrary to what Miss know-it-all said, those leeches can’t kill him. Maybe, suck a bit of his blood but, there’s no permanent damage."

"And it wasn’t Sirius’ fault that Miss know-it-all has gotten the Longbottom boy wet," Seidon added knowingly.

All three boys stared at the kelpie and laughed.

The kelpie snorted and wondered how much sillier could humans get.

-0-

Draco Malfoy never liked using Hogwart’s house owls, he thought them ugly and filthy. However, it was necessary for this particular task. Draco’s own Eagle Owl would have been far too obvious, and could be traced back to him. He watched as the owl fluttered towards the night sky and smiled slyly.

Historical fact:

Asclepius is the god of Healing. He is the son of Apollo and the nymph, Coronis. While pregnant with Asclepius, Coronis secretly took a second, mortal lover. When Apollo found out, he sent Artemis to kill her. While burning on the funeral pyre, Apollo felt pity and rescued the unborn child from the corpse. Asclepius was taught about medicine and healing by the wise centaur, Cheiron, and became so skilled in it that he succeeded in bringing one of his patients back from the dead. Zeus felt that the immortality of the Gods was threatened and killed the healer with a thunderbolt. At Apollo's request, Asclepius was placed among the stars as Ophiuchus, the serpent-bearer.

A/N: I just thought wizards during the classical times would have staffs instead of wands kind of like Gandalf. Asclepius just fits the wizard criteria well. BTW in case you've noticed Aris and Nathaniel are not names based on stars... I'll explain this on later chapters.

For anyone who wants more on the mythological theories and the back story on Asclepius (as well as see more of Nathaniel Black) - check out my Quarterly Challenge Entry: The Healer ^_^