Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Black Chronicles - An Ancient Legacy by the nutty imp

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Edited by: Orlaith

Black Chronicles - An Ancient Legacy Chapter 13 - Aftermath and Reflections

Minerva McGonagall watched helplessly as the swirling blue waves penetrated the Headmaster’s shield and Albus Dumbledore disappeared underneath the mass of shimmering blue waters. She wondered how they could have let this situation go this far…

-0-

Albus Dumbledore looked straight at the Minister’s eye. “I assure you, Cornelius, the kelpie poses no danger to the students.”

The Minister gave the older man a look of incredulity. “Surely you don’t believe that. Those creatures are called ‘Dark Creatures’ for a reason. Regardless of your stand, Albus, I’m sorry to say that the School Board has decided, and the Ministry of Magic supports their decision. We will be rid of that kelpie today.”

Albus Dumbledore sighed. “Then I suggest a more merciful tact of just relocating the creature. My estate in the highlands has a lake beside it.”

“Hem. Hem.”

Minerva McGonagall shot the woman an irritated glare.

“You do realize that having a kelpie reside in that lake would greatly devalue your real estate.”

Albus Dumbledore nodded amicably. “Yes, Dolores, but as I have said before, Seidon is a delightful creature and I trust that he’d keep his promise. The least that I could do is to ensure that he comes to no harm. But, I do suggest you talk to young Sirius Black. He is more familiar to the creature than I am. Remus Lupin also studied kelpies in detail upon learning that we had one in our lake.”

-0-

Kingsley Shacklebolt stood rooted on his spot as the kelpie’s swirling blue engulfed the Headmaster’s form, and then Albus Dumbledore was gone just as Alastor Moody, the Minister of Magic and all the others before him.

A short distance away, Minerva McGonagall gasped. Kingsley’s eyes squinted towards the hill and saw a figure on top of a dark unicorn, the wind drowned down the rider’s voice.

Neither of them immediately noticed the young messy haired boy who ran towards the lake until the boy was already by the lake shore.

“Seidon!”

"Harry!" Professor Remus Lupin ran after the boy.

Kingsley was about to stop both the boy and the teacher, when a winged horse with a dragon like head blocked his path. The Auror started to worry about this battle they had gotten themselves involved in. Moody was gone and so was Dumbledore, although the kelpie was injured, two new creatures seemed to have stepped out to protect it.

Fudge’s assistant raised her wand as Kingsley tried to stop her. “No, Dolores, you might hit the boy...”

A clear voice cuts through the air. “Tarantallegra!”

Kingsley recognized that voice immediately. “Sirius!” He was further surprised to find his and everyone else’s legs began to move involuntarily. He looked up towards to hill to find the Unicorn’s horn glowed brightly against the dark night sky and it galloped towards the lake.

-0-

Sirius watched as the short blond witch raised her arm to throw a curse. He knew that he could not stop her, or do anything to protect either Harry or Seidon, simply because the distance was far too great for him to be able to effectively throw a spell.

A voice inside his head spoke, 'Use me to channel your spell.'

"What?"

'For years your kind has used a single unicorn's hair in the core of your wand to channel your magic. Thus when you channel through a unicorn, this would enable your to throw a more powerful spell, enough to cross this distance.'

Sirius closed his eyes and threw the first spell that came to mind.

-0-

Harry reached the kelpie and was horrified to see that his friend lay on the water unmoving. He was relieved when he found that Seidon still breathed. He was even more relieved, when Remus Lupin knelt beside him to check on the kelpie. "He's alive, Harry, but we'd better step back. Seidon's dangerous. Although he is normally a pleasant creature, he cannot think straight right now. There's no reasoning with a kelpie on a warpath."

"Don't worry, Professor Lupin, he won't harm either me or Harry, we did saved his life. But you ought to step back. Seidon may like you, but I was sure he liked the Headmaster too."

Professor Remus Lupin was surprised to see Sirius as he jumped off a dark unicorn and approached them.

"Will he be alright?"

Remus Lupin sighed. "Yes, unfortunately I cannot say the same about the Minister, Moody, the Headmaster and the others."

The kelpie snorted weakly. "Unlike you unreliable humans; I kept my word. I did not drown or harm them. I however, left it to nature's elements to take care of them."

"Seidon! What have you done to them?" However, Harry's frantic pleas were left unanswered, as the kelpie lost consciousness.

Remus Lupin observed the murky quality of the once clear waters. "These waters would take time to recover as do Seidon. But, if we hope to save our friends, I fear time is not on our side. We know not where Seidon transported our comrades, but I can tell he placed them in the worst places he could think of."

-0-

From the outer islands of British Columbia, where one of the isles held a temperate rainforest, gray wolves had inhabited this island-rainforest for over a millennia. Throughout the ages they had remained hidden, undisturbed, and mostly unseen by human eyes. Muggle scientists and journalists had recently discovered the existence of these creatures and were briefly fascinated. However the wizards secretly quelled the Muggles' fascination on this island and its inhabitants, for this tranquil rainforest and silent creatures were more dangerous than they seemed.

Nymphadora Tonks whimpered and she climbed higher. She hoped to leave behind the vigilant pack of grays. She silently thought of her wand, but remembered that it would have been useless, for these creatures not only sense innate magical ability, but also inhibit them. No witch or wizard had been foolish enough to enter these woods for over 500 years, Tonks doubted that anyone would be able to locate her, let alone come to her rescue.

-0-

Remus watched enthralled as a herd of silvery-white unicorns approached the lake. The dark unicorn that had arrived with Sirius acknowledged the herd and ran up to meet with them. The unicorns all walked up to the lake with their horns touching the waters. The waters seemed to glitter with an inner light, Remus turned to check on the kelpie and was not surprised to see that its coat had regained its former sheen. The kelpie slowly stood up and gave a triumphant cry. Remus turned around only to see the last of the unicorns disappear into the forbidden forest.

Gasps and short wails were heard from the observers by the shore. Remus turned to his left and was surprised that the legs of all of the people standing by the shore line, moved uncontrollably.

"Sirius! What did you do?"

"It was an accident. I was only targeting the fat lady with a constantly sore throat, she was about to throw a hex."

"Well, you ought to undo it."

Sirius looked around, only to find that the dark unicorn was gone; he then gave his History Professor a forlorn look. "I can't, the unicorn’s gone and, for the record it was her idea."

Harry thought that it was about time he interrupted. "Professor, don't you think we have a more pressing problem right now?"

Remus Lupin sighed. "You're right, Harry." He turned his attention back to the kelpie. "Alright, Seidon, where are they?"

The kelpie tossed back its head haughtily as he refused to give an answer.

Harry touched the History Professor by the elbow and shook his head. S.P.A.W.N.'s experience with the kelpie taught them that orders and threats did little to convince the creature to cooperate. He then turned to Sirius and nodded.

"Professor, threats and human sacrifice are beneath Seidon. A creature as civilized and superior as he is, will only answer to a fair negotiation."

The kelpie lowered its ear and stared at Sirius in confusion, but then decided that he would seem smarter if he played along; so he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

Harry grinned, for everything seemed to have gone as planned. "As a show of good faith, Seidon would return the ladies as soon as the proper authorities agreed to start this negotiation."

The kelpie snorted. "Why should I?"

Sirius smiled and explained in a snobbish aristocratic tone. "Chivalry. The olden value, long forgotten by most humans but not by kelpies."

The kelpie nodded proudly. "Right, I merely wanted that emphasized."

Harry stifled a laugh.

Remus Lupin cleared his throat and pointed back towards the lakeshore, where the ministry officials, members of the school's 'Board of Governors', and the press were still affected by Sirius' hex. "Uhm... the proper authorities are still dancing up a storm."

-0-

The dark, murky waters seemed undrinkable, and gnarled up trees gave the area an eerie feel, the humid atmosphere, the buzzing flies and the acrid smell made matters worse for Rita Skeeter. That was aside from the horde of hungry-looking alligators below. Her staff photographer tried to move higher up the boulder.

"Debbie, quit shoving!"

"Well, stop hogging the top spot!"

"Who gives the orders around here anyway!"

"Well, I quit!"

"No you're not! You're fired."

Both women started to scream, as one of the alligators attempted to climb higher up the boulder. Rita Skeeter closed her eyes and promised that she would never buy another crocodile skin purse ever again. That is, if she survived this ordeal.

Their savior appeared in a haze of blue light, he had a mop of messy black hair, and a distinguishing lightning shaped scar. Rita Skeeter gaped at the boy.

"Come on and jump this way. It's safe."

Rita need not be told twice. She was surprised that she landed on thigh deep water. She held back a triumphant squeal upon confirming her earlier suspicion that her savior was indeed Harry Potter. She pulled out a quill and parchment from her crocodile-skin bag.

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived. We all know that you've defeated You-Know-Who so a kelpie should not be such a big deal but, how did you do it?"

Rita heard a snort behind her and felt something breathe down her back. The reporter looked up from behind her shoulder and screamed. She lost her balance and fell into the shallow water with a loud splash, in her panic she started to gulp a bit of the water.

"Help! (gurgle) He's trying to drown me!"

Harry sighed and helped the reporter up.

"Seidon! Quit trying to scare everyone."

Harry smiled as he recognized that voice. Sirius and a blond Auror appeared from another portal. Water dripped from their hair and robes. The Auror tried to squeeze some of the water off her clothes.

"What took you so long?"

Hestia Jones whacked the boy beside her lightly on the head.

"Ouch! Is this the thanks I get for saving you?"

The Auror sighed. "This idiot wanted to see the island fully taken in by the tides. I had to drag him into the portal." She gave the boy a mock glare. "...some rescuer you turned out to be."

"But, it was interesting. Harry, you should have seen it. On a low tide, the island would be there, but on a high tide, it would disappear without a trace. Let's go back there! ... Ouch! What was that for?"

The Auror just rolled her eyes.

Meanwhile, the kelpie changed to his human form and tossed back his head. "When you've got it, flaunt it. I can still scare them without much of an effort." He then changed back into a horse and strutted about.

Remus Lupin shook his head as he supported a still-shaky purple-haired Auror. He had a feeling that this would be a long night, he was only thankful that tonight was not the night of the full moon.

Hestia Jones looked around. "Where's the Minister?"

-0-

Seidon had insisted that negotiations be done on a round table by the lakeshore. The round table had been Harry's idea. Remus and Harry of course vetoed Sirius' idea to have the House Elves play the trumpets, and announce the arrival of each and every distinguished representative; very much like the medieval courts of long ago. The Deputy Headmistress of course vetoed Sirius' request to sit beside her. Thus Sirius was left with no other option, than to pout on his seat between the kelpie and Harry. Harry was glad that Remus Lupin was around, for it seemed that Sirius would not be of much help, he wondered what it would take to get Sirius to act serious.

This table is composed of twelve seats with four seats for each negotiating party. The press and other observers were left to stand by and watch from a 10 feet radius. From his seat between Professor Sprout and Professor Flitwick, Severus Snape grumbled that it looked as if it were going to rain. Kingsley Shacklebolt shook his head as Sirius grinned and picked up the quill in front of him and started to draw on a piece of parchment.

The kelpie insisted that both Harry and Sirius be allowed to join the negotiation, because they were the only humans he deemed trustworthy. Both boys in turn vouched for Remus Lupin.

Seidon stood up to speak, "My demands are quite simple. This is my lake and I want you humans to leave and never bother me again."

Harry and Professor Lupin looked at one another in dismay, for diplomacy was obviously not one of Seidon's stronger points. Harry stood up and looked nervously about. "Uhhm... Professor Lupin will now translate that to legal human terms."

Remus Lupin admired the boy's quick thinking and stood up as well; he took Sirius’ parchment discreetly and hoped that the boy would at least pay attention. "Seidon wants the legal title for this lake and all the legal property rights that goes with it."

Sirius quipped. "Don't forget tax exemption. Lucius always said that taxes are the damn goverment's excuse for legal thievery."

From across the table, Lucius Malfoy gave the child a glare. "I said no such thing. For inventing such stories, you will be grounded for the whole of the summer when you get home, boy."

Before Sirius was able to argue, someone from the ministry side of the table cleared her throat. "Hem, hem, before we start this negotiation we should have some proof, that the Minister is alive and well."

The kelpie stood and touched the first of the three bowls in the middle of the table and image of the Minister appeared on the water. “The fat one is sweating like a pig, and will soon be a roasted one if you waste anymore time.”

Peter Pettigrew, the Deputy Minister gaped at the image before him. “You... you ... transported the Minister into the mouth of a volcano? Are you mad?”

The kelpie tossed back his head proudly. “He tried to take me away from this lake, without water, a kelpie could eventually die. I thought I ought to return the favor. He’ll survive as long as he doesn’t slip or faint. That ledge is strong enough to hold even a man of his weight.”

Kingsley frowned. “What about Alastor Moody?”

“Not to mention the Headmaster,” Remus Lupin added.

The kelpie snorted. “I never knew human negotiation was so time consuming.” His hands touched the two other basins and images which showed the location of the other two prisoners appeared. “The Headmaster is sitting on top of the iceberg, drinking a warm cup of tea. The other one whom I transported to the Gobi Desert is sitting under a shade, eating ice cream.”

Sirius rolled his eyes. “Why don’t those two just Apparate their way back? And why doesn’t Fudge try to at least make himself a bit more comfortable?”

Remus sighed. “First you can’t Apparate to Hogwarts, and second to Apparate, you must know where you are. Albus and Alastor are probably waiting for the stars to come out, so that they can calculate their exact location.”

Seidon smirked and tossed a broken wand onto the table, Cornelius Fudge's wand to be exact. “The fat one deserved more punishment. Now that I’ve demonstrated that I have indeed kept my word and not killed nor directly harmed anyone. Shall we begin?

Peter Pettigrew turned to his wife Dolores questioningly; the squashed faced woman stood up and glared at the kelpie. “Hem. You do know that the Ministry will not succumb to your threats.”

Sirius crossed his arms and scoffed. “Threats? The Headmaster and Moody seem to be enjoying themselves out there, and Pudgy Fudgie could stand to lose a bit of weight. Think of his predicament as a sauna rather than a ... mmphh!”

Harry frantically shoved a piece of chocolate frog into Sirius mouth, as Remus Lupin shook his head and tried remedy the situation. “Seidon demonstrated that he could have killed the Minister and the others, but he didn’t. All he asked is the right to stay here in peace, for this is his home and ...” Remus was interrupted as the kelpie tapped him on the shoulder. “...yes Seidon?”

“I would like to formally state that I agree with Sirius.”

Remus and Harry looked at one another and groaned.

Kingsley Shacklebolt’s shoulders shook as he tried to hold back his laughter. Dolores Umbridge-Pettigrew glared at the Auror.

Ludo Bagman did not bother to hide his hearty laugh. “You know? Maybe I ought to join the Minister over there! After all, I’m trying to get back in shape.”

Crabbe and Goyle senior just looked at one another dumbly, while Lucius Malfoy studied Sirius Black. The boy had arrived on a dark unicorn, and seemed to have some control over the kelpie as well. Lucius started to wonder over the myths about the Blacks and the dark horses of apocalypse. He decided to ask his wife Narcissa on what she knew of this later.

Remus Lupin ran a hand through his hair in frustration, for he now knew for certain that this would be a long night.

Harry shook his head as well, he flipped the chocolate frog card he had on hand, he was surprised to read a familiar name ... Nicholas Flamel was Dumbledore’s partner ... he placed the card inside his pocket and decided to look upon it again later.

-0-

Professor Remus Lupin was glad that the negotiations were over. The School’s Board of Governors, as well as the Ministry, had grudgingly given Seidon the title to the lake, provided that he would continue with his previous promise and not harm nor drown anyone. Furthermore he should allow the Hogwarts First Years to cross the lake by boat as was traditionally done so, and never attempt to scare them.

“Remus!”

“Peter. I would have thought you’d go home immediately after this tiring negotiation. I wonder how you deal with these things on a regular basis.”

“I thought we ought to catch up.” Peter looked nervously about, “Are you ha-having th-those dreams again?”

Remus Lupin shook his head. “Not lately, I’ve been too preoccupied to remember any dreams.”

Peter nodded and pointed to the piece of parchment on Remus’ pocket. “What’s that?”

Remus pulled the parchment out of his pocket. “I completely forgot, I took this from Sirius so he’d pay attention to the negotiation and...” Remus stared at the contents of the parchment and laughed.

Peter Pettigrew plucked the parchment from Remus’ hands to have a look. On it was a caricature of Snape with a dark cloud on top of his head, below it was a messily written plan:


Operation Cumulus Snivellus

STEP ONE: Transfigure a pail of water into a small storm cloud

STEP TWO: Add a bit of lightning charms for aesthetic reasons

STEP THREE: Place multiple wards and protection spells onto the cloud to make sure that it will not be too easy to get rid off.

STEP FOUR: Charm the cloud to stay on top of Snivellus’ head (maybe the rain water can wash away all those grease off his hair)

STEP FI---


Peter laughed. “Snivellus?”

“Severus Snape. Don’t ask me why but, Sirius just seems to see Severus as an ideal prank target.” Remus rolled his eyes as he explained.

Peter nodded. “James used to ... he used to think the same way.”

Both man just stood there silently for a while. Remus finally broke the silence, “That he did. You know, tomorrow would have been James’ birthday.”

“I remember how we used to celebrate each other’s birthday by performing an outrageous prank,” Peter reminisced.

Remus blinked. “We did?”

Peter nodded. “James usually wanted to pull one on Snape, to celebrate his birthday. I think Snape used to dread that day of the year. I have to be going, Remus, just owl me if you ever have more of those doubtful dreams again. I may now be the Deputy Minister of Magic, and Order of Merlin 3rd Class, but I’m still an old friend.”

Remus Lupin nodded as he watched his old friend walk away. He looked back onto the parchment that Peter handed back to him, and smiled as he looked out to the window to the twinkling stars above. He thought of James Potter and the past, he placed the parchment back inside his pocket. “For old time’s sake old friend, wherever you are...”

-0-

She played the piano beautifully, as always; he entered the parlor and stood behind her. She turned around to smiled at him. “Hello, Lucius. How was your day?

“Narcissa, tell me about the history of the Black Family Crest.”

Narcissa smoothed the frown lines on her husband’s forehead. “What do you want to know about it?”

“What was your family’s relation to the dark horses of apocalypse?”

“It’s just a myth, dear husband. I far flung story encouraged by the patriarchs, so to instil fear and awe.”

“Just tell me about it.”

Narcissa frowned. “Why this sudden interest?”

“That brat Sirius...”

-0-

He heard his master’s whisper, “The Blacks have served me well in the past. They have always been powerful, but this child will be stronger than Orion. He is still young and naïve, he does not understand power yet. Watch him, when the opportunity comes I wish to make him my servant.”

“Ye-yes Ma-master bu-but what a-about Po-Potter?”

“I will deal with that Potter boy soon, he will not be expecting us. Just watch over Orion’s son, we will wait till he’s ready.”

-0-

Hermione rolled her eyes. “I know that they already know, but I still have this bad feeling that Draco is up to something.”

Her reflection crossed it arms. “And you want me to spy on Draco?”

Hermione gaped. “Of course not! I don’t think you can spy on Draco. I just wanted some insight.”

The image behind the mirror tossed back her head. “Kelpies are capable of spying.”

Hermione’s eyes widened in surprised. “Kelpie? Wait-a-minute...You’re not my subconciousness?”

The reflection attempted to correct its mistake. “I mean you ought to ask that kelpie to spy for you.”

"I can't believe I've been asking a dumb horse for advice. Did Sirius put you up to this?"

"Kelpies happen to be superior in terms of intellect compared to you humans, and we never take orders from your kind..."

Hermione picked up the silver soap dish and hurled it towards the irritating creature. Seidon must have realized that he blew his cover, and immediately closed the portal. The soap dish met with solid glass and its shattered remnants twinkled on the tiled floor. A soft blue light appeared behind Hermione and her splitting image stood by its threshold.

"You do know that there's this human belief that breaking a mirror causes seven years of bad luck. A foolish belief fabricated by foolish humans. I wonder why foolish creatures like yourself create these beliefs, only to go against this belief and intentionally break your mirror."

Hermione turned around and realized the reason as to why she thought the stance of the kelpie Sirius, Harry and Ron had brought to class, had seemed so familiar. Her former sub-consciousness tossed back her head arrogantly. "Also, you obviously need to learn manners and recognize your superiors. I'm almost tempted to withdraw my offer to spy on the Malfoy kid but, I'm very charitable by nature. I have long learned to tolerate humans for all their faults."

Hermione was about to pull out her wand and hex the irritating creature, but the portal closed before she could do so.

-0-

Alastor Moody's face appeared on his fireplace. "Albus, I believe we've fixed everything here in Hogsmeade. How are things on your end?"

"The Heads of each House and the Prefects have already taken care of the situation here as well."

Alastor Moody shook his head. "That's one powerful dance hex. How's the kid?"

Albus Dumbledore chuckled. "We have all agreed, that the boy did not intentionally hex everyone from the whole of Hogwarts all the way to Hogsmeade. Therefore no House points will be deducted and no detentions will be given."

Alastor Moody raised an eyebrow. "Everyone?"

"Severus still believes that the boy ought to be sanctioned to detention for the rest of his stay at Hogwarts. But, he will respect the decision of the majority."

"He channelled that hex through a unicorn. I wished I was there to see it. Its amazing, most wizards who try that, usually end up in a vegetative state in St. Mungo's."

Albus Dumbledore thought carefully on this. "Sirius did say that it was the unicorn's idea, so I'd assume that the unicorn allowed him to channel that hex. This could be the reason as to why Sirius succeeded where others have failed."

Alastor Moody shook his head. "A black unicorn. I've always thought those creatures only existed in myths. Trust Sirius to find one, that kid always succeeds in surprising me."

Neither Dumbledore nor Moody noticed a small bug as it crawled out of the Headmaster's room.

-0-

Somewhere down in the castle basement a man danced, although there was no music. He once again shouted for someone to help him. Argus Filch grinded his teeth and vowed that whoever was responsible for his predicament would pay.

-0-

Fred placed his arms over both Sirius and his twin brother. "The week is over. So we ought to give a bit of attention of the Slytherins and the Prefects."

George nodded. "We've been ignoring those poor people this whole week. We ought to show them that they were not forgotten."

Sirius laughed. "Any particular Prefect and Slytherin in mind?"

George jumped up on Sirius' bed. "We thought that prediction of yours on Percy, should be taken further."

Fred smirked. "Not to mention the fact that we're not yet through with Draco."

Sirius grinned. "Let us never forget dear ol’ Snivellus."

Both twins stared at Sirius in surprise. "You've been targeting him all week."

"So?"

Fred and George looked at one another and grinned. "Ok then, what do you have in mind?"

"I had an idea, the problem is Professor Lupin took my outline. Doing that prank now, will definitely implicate us. I guess I'll have to come up with a totally different plan."

While the three professional pranksters brainstormed on prank ideas, Harry showed Ron the Chocolate Frog card. "It says here that Flamel is Dumbledore's partner. It's a lead ..."

Ron nodded. "It's almost the Christmas Holidays. We should have enough time to research on the particular project of theirs."

Harry nodded and placed his book bag on his desk. The rolled-up old paper slipped out.

"What's that?" Ron looked at the paper curiously.

"Oh. I almost forgot all about it. I found that old newspaper inside my bag a while ago. I already tested it and it's not hexed nor cursed." Harry unrolled the old newspaper and began to scan its contents. He paled slightly as he realized what was on it.

"Harry? What is it?"

"It's dated just right after my parents died..."

-0-

The dark mahogany wood felt smooth to his touch as he reached to adjust to lamp, and began to read the letter he had just received.


Draco,

I would like to say that I am proud to hear about the dissension you've been causing to the House of Gryffindor. It has come to my attention that Sirius may have stumbled across some great power source. As you know, that insufferable brat is still your mother's cousin and is the heir of an Ancient family known for its power and many secrets. Your mother has already asked Kreacher to scourge through the Black Family library at the old Grimmauld Place. I would want you to try to find as much as you can from Sirius himself. I doubt that it be difficult for that brat has a very loose tongue.

As for those people who played that prank on you. Severus Snape has assured me that he is already on the look out for those insidious pranksters. When they are finally caught, rest assured that we will not let this slide.

Your Father


-0-

Minerva McGonagall had a long day, she entered her room and was surprised to find the House Elves in the middle of her room, they stood in formation. Then the House Elves began to sing...

”This morning with its skies so blue I only have thoughts of you What will it take to make you see? What will it take to make you marry me?

I cannot lock my feelings in a jar. Can you not see that our fates are written in the stars? What will it take to make you see? What will it take to make you marry me?

I loved you from the moment we've met A love you have to discover yet. What will it take to make you see? What will it take to make you marry me?

I will pursue you year after year All I care is the fact that you're near What will it take to make you see? What will it take to make you marry me?

One of the House Elves held a small package; she walked up to Minerva and bowed. “Sirius Black, son of Orion from the Most Noble and Ancient House of Blacks, asks you for thy hand in marriage.” The House Elf opened the package, inside was a single blue-black ring that was woven from some sort of fabric. “This is woven out of kelpie hair, perfect for transfiguration.”

-0-

The door to their room burst opened.

“Sirius Black!”

Harry pulled open his curtains and wondered on the sort of trouble his friend had gotten himself into now.

Sirius eagerly hopped out of his bed. “My dear goddess of wisdom. Thy suppliant hath come!”

Minerva McGonagall stood in the door way, behind her was a group of giddy House Elves. The Deputy Headmistress stared hard at the boy. “Care to explain this?”

Sirius grinned. “Is this a yes?”

One of the House Elves eagerly hopped from one foot to another. “Shall Cindy send out the invitations?”

Sirius nodded. “The soonest.”

Several pops were heard as half the House Elves that had arrived with the Deputy Headmistress disappeared.

“What Invitations?”

Sirius grinned even wider. “Our engagement party, of course.”

Harry used his pillow to stifle his laughter. Sirius was at it again...

-0-

Mindy the House Elf arrived just as Cindy finished singing Sirius’ proposal song to the Headmaster. “Cindy, the Deputy Headmistress asked that we recall all those invitations.”

“Oh poor Master Sirius...Cindy will tell him that Cindy be willing to help him, the next time too.”

The Headmaster chuckled. “Well then. You two ought to go hurry and recall those invitations before people read them. Mind if I keep mine?”

-0-

Albus Dumbledore opened a glass cabinet and placed the small gold envelope in it, he softly hummed to himself:

“What will it take to make you see? What will it take to make you marry me?”

-End of Chapter 13-

Facts:

The island rainforest which was featured on this chapter really does exist. Wolves indeed prospered there for over a millennia. This was featured in National Geographic and although wolves are known to inhabit the area, their hunting patterns remains a mystery. Of course wolves are not the forest’s only inhabitants there are also the rare white Kermode bear and other forms of wild life.