Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Black Chronicles - An Ancient Legacy by the nutty imp

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
WARNING: Slight spoilers for my other fic: ‘The Healer’

Black Chronicles: An Ancient Legacy Chapter 14 “ Histories of the Past and Present

Hermione Granger marched up towards the boy's dormitories; she was determined to tell off certain idiots for sending a kelpie to pull off a stupid prank. She muttered, "Subconciousness indeed, I can't believe I fell for that." As she turned the corner, she heard the Deputy Headmistress' voice.

"There are times that I wonder about you, Mr. Black. No student in their right mind would pull the things that you do."

"Dear Lady, I plead insanity in my case, …"

"This is no court trial Mr. Black. I would only like to understand…"

"… because I'm crazy about you."

Hermione Granger held back a groan, for only Sirius Black would be insane enough to try that corny pick up line in a middle of a lecture about his psychological state.

"Mr. Black. You are trying my patience!"

"I will never stop in trying to win thy heart. O most noble and wisest of ladies, I will wait patiently for you."

Harry's face was a bright shade of red, as he pushed his face deeper into his pillows, in an attempt to contain his laughter.

-0-

"Mate, that was priceless!" Fred laughed and clapped Sirius at the back.

Sirius pretended to be upset, "The love of my life turned me down and all you can do is laugh. Some friend you are."

Hermione stood by the doorway and shook her head. "You're lucky she didn't throw the book at you."

Sirius laughed. He suddenly stopped in mid-laugh and jumped up; alarm was evident in his eyes, "The book!"

All other occupants of the room looked at one another and wondered at Sirius' sudden panicked state.

"Sirius, what's wrong?" Harry watched as his friend started to empty the contents of his soggy book bag.

"The Black Chronicles was inside this bag..."

George gaped. "Didn't you say that it's a family heirloom?"

Sirius threw aside a few of waterlogged rolls of parchment papers, a couple of soggy quills, and the soddened remains of a packet of Berty Botts Every Flavoured Beans.

Ron's eyes also widened in alarm, "Umm…Sirius, about those History notes that I borrowed from Hermione. The ones that I asked you to …"

Harry picked up one of the waterlogged rolls of parchment and handed it to a very shocked Hermione.

"Ron Weasley! You addled-brain twit! How could you entrust my notes to that nitwit for safe-keeping?"

"My bag looked as if it was going to fall apart. I thought it’d be safer in Black's."

Fred shook his head sadly. "Forget about those notes. Sirius ruined some more important things."

George nodded. "The sacrilege…"

Fred raised his arm to his forehead, "The wastage…"

Both boys stared despondently at the extremely wet and ruined remains of a few dung bombs, some filibuster fireworks, and an assortment of other Zonko's products.

Harry does not have anything that once belonged to his father, but knew that he too would be distressed if anything happened to the gift due to his own carelessness. "Sirius, maybe if we take it to the Headmaster, he can..."

Sirius gleefully pulled out a fully dry and intact leather bound book, "Still ok. I've got to hand it to Nathaniel, he did a good job in ensuring that this book survives the passage of time and other unforeseen events."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I don't see what's so special about some dumb old blank book and why you had to lug it around all the time."

Ron gave Hermione a puzzled look. "Blank?"

Hermione nodded. "Neville told me that when he found the book on his bureau and opened it. There was nothing written on the pages."

"That's because he was not meant to read it. As far as I know, only I can read it,” Sirius replied smugly.

"That book is definitely not going to make it on the best seller's list,” George quipped, his eyes danced merrily.

Fred shook his head. "Doesn't make sense to create a book where only one person can read it."

”Olden Wizarding class,” George explained.

Fred nodded in understanding. ”Those eccentricities …

”Correct my mate, it was brought about by years on in-breeding,” George snickered.

”Which does explain a lot about our eccentric friend over here,” Fred looked Sirius’ way and grinned.

Sirius ignored the Twins, and showed his friends the Black Family ring on his finger. "All heads of the family wore this ring. This ring and that book had been with the family for over a thousand years."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Who are you kidding? I highly doubt that they had leather bound books more than a thousand years ago."

Sirius sighed. "The Black Chronicles only took its present form as a leather bound book around the 15th century through the hands of Nathaniel Black. This ring not only enables a person to read it but also copies your essence. Thus when you leave this realm a reflection will be left in this book for future generations."

Ron thoughtfully studied the book, "So it's a primitive form of a portrait?"

Sirius gave his friend an indignant look. "This book is way better than a foggy old portrait."

"But with a portrait you can converse directly. With that thing, you have to write things down," Ron argued.

Sirius smirked. "Would you guys like to meet Nathaniel?"

Hermione smiled enthusiastically, "The Renaissance artist? The one you mentioned to have painted the ceiling on the Great hall?"

"The one and only."

Hermione took the book from Ron and handed it back to Sirius. "I'd love to ask him about magical painting techniques and the way of life during that era, as well as..."

Fred and George looked at one another. "Sounds boring."

Hermione gave the Weasley Twins a withering glare.

Harry gave Sirius a curious look. "How are we going to meet him? Aren't you the only one who can read that book?"

Sirius grinned. "We are paying him an unannounced visit into the realm of this book."

Harry's eyes widened. "How will we manage to transport ourselves there? Moreover is that possible?"

Sirius gave a knowing smile and explained, "Physically we'll still be here. However, our minds will be linked to this book, at least Nathaniel's section of it."

"Are you sure it's safe?" Hermione asked, her brows furrowed as she wondered on whether she could trust Sirius’ definition of ‘safe’.

Sirius shrugged. "I tried it before and I did a little research. I think I can bring a large group with me easily."

Ron eyes studied Sirius suspiciously, "Think? And how much research did you actually do?"

"Well, I haven't done it before, and I did read enough to figure this out."

Ron Weasley took a step back, "No way Black! If you think I'll be a willing guinea pig, you're nuts."

Fred smirked. "Me thinks wittle Wonnikins is scared."

George placed his fists near his armpits and started to flap his arms about, "buck buck buck… buck buck buck..."

Hermione glared at the two once again, "Cut it out you two. At least Ron's displaying a bit of common sense, unlike some people around."

Harry shook his head as Ron and Hermione chased George around the room. George ran about and sang repeatedly "Ronny and Mione! Sitting on a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Fred on the other hand, had an arm around Sirius giving the other boy a conspiratorial wink. "Sirius old mate, forget about those wet blankets. George and I are up for this little adventure."

Harry thought deeply on this. On one hand, Ron and Hermione were correct in their assessment that Sirius' plan was reckless as well as pointless. On the other hand, Harry was curious and Sirius did say he has done this before on a certain level. "I'm in too."

Ron and Hermione stopped on their tracks and stared at Harry.

Hermione was first to voice her protest, "Harry, are you nuts? Stupidity, I expect from Sirius and those two, but I thought you had more sense in you."

Beside her, Ron nodded. "I don't mind a bit of fun, but Black has no idea as to what he's doing and we don't even know anything about that book either."

Harry shrugged. "If we get into trouble, you two can go get some help."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "We're not getting into trouble."

"Coming from you, those words hold no credibility what so ever." Ron grumbled in response.

Harry laughed, as did the Ron’s brothers.

-0-

Harry looked about in wonder, for the ceiling of this place was almost identical to the one on Hogwart's 'Great Hall'. There were plenty of semi-finished portraits scattered about the room, as well as earthen jars, which contained paints and brushes.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Nathaniel does not usually like it when I drop by. Most of the time he just throws me out."

Harry and the twins groaned.

"You are stubborn as well as reckless. I see that your friends are equally so. Although I am a clairvoyant, I need not be one to see that trouble will follow you and your friends wherever you go."

Sirius grinned at the man who stood by the shadows, "Hey Nathaniel, glad to see that you're in a good mood today. These are Harry, Fred and George. Everyone, this is Nathaniel."

The man's steely gray eyes studied each of them. "Did he not warn you about the dangers of doing this?"

Harry looked nervously about. "Yes, but he said that you're trustworthy and we trust Sirius."

Nathaniel sighed. "He has a good heart, but I would advise that you do not trust his judgment too easily."

Sirius frowned. "Hey! I happen to be standing here. Do you not think that I should at least be out of the room, before you discuss me?"

Fred and George snickered.

Nathaniel shook his head and sat on one of the stools scattered in the studio. "So. What is the purpose of this visit?"

Sirius grinned. "I thought we'd hang out."

The ancestor's jaw dropped. "Hang out?"

Sirius nodded.

The artist glared at the boy. "Give me one good reason as to why I should not throw you out, as I always do."

Sirius looked at Harry in panic. Harry in turn just gave him a blank look.

"Nathaniel ... I was only kidding..."

Harry gave Sirius a puzzled look. The twins looked at one another equally confused.

"I .. uhh... wanted to ask if you have any idea about Aris' Legacy and what this prophecy of yours is."

The artist sighed. "I know not which prophecy he meant, for I had many. As for Aris, I believe you can understand better if you understand his life."

"Are you going to tell us?"

The artist grinned. "Better. I'll show you. My other studio is a bit far, hop on."

All four boys were surprised when the man before them changed into a horse.

George's eyes widened in shock, “You’re a kelpie?"

The horse changed back into a man and laughed. "No. Animagus."

Sirius smiled. "Nathaniel of the horses... so that's what Aris meant."

Harry was now confused. "Who's Aris?"

Sirius grumbled. "A crazy old geezer who likes to confuse me by telling riddles all the time."

-0-

Ron stared at his four friends who are in a trance-like state, beside him Hermione sighed. "Maybe we should have come along. I would have loved to meet this Nathaniel."

Ron nodded and looked at Hermione thoughtfully, "You read a lot on famous wizards don't you?"

"Yes. This is a whole new world for me. I would really love to find out as much about it as I can."

"Have you come across a wizard named Nicolas Flamel?"

Hermione searched her mind and answered, "Not that I remember. Why do you ask?"

Ron began to explain his suspicions to the girl, "You remembered that 3-headed dog that we encountered? Well Harry and I...”

-0-

The painting showed Aris as he stepped down and thrust the torch into an altar. He then watched the fire consume his father's body.

Four boys and a man stood in front of the painting. The four boys listened raptly as the man explained, "Asceplius in his zealousness to help mankind gain power over death has made some enemies. He brought the dead back to life by natural and unnatural means. The knowledge that he possessed were deemed to be too dangerous, and thus a council composed of Kings, Priests and Heroes had decreed that he must me stopped. Aris knew that these men murdered his father and it would not be long before he was a target. He therefore made a deal..."

Fred frowned. "How come he didn't just expose these men?"

George nodded. "Or maybe get even by avenging his father's death."

Nathaniel laughed. "I myself would have done just that. However, Blacks in general are more cunning than they are brave. Our Family does not get themselves involved in conflicts until the very last minute, just to support the winning side. Of course there are exceptions, but these occasions are rare."

George made a face. "Sounds Slytherinish."

Nathaniel nodded. "Most of the Blacks who attended Hogwarts were usually sorted into Slytherin. Salazar Slytherin himself has descended from the Black line."

All four boys stared at Nathaniel in shock. The man gestured towards the next painting. Aris stood in front of the temple of Apollo, a large man approached him.

“That large one sort of reminds me of Hagrid,” Sirius mused.

The other boys motioned for him to shush, for they wanted to listen to the conversation at hand.

"Aris, what is the purpose for this clandestine meeting in this place?."

"Herakles, I know you performed that dark deed. That you only did so, because the Council’s decreed. I also know that this does not end with my father’s death, There are others like myself, you have to kill yet."

Sirius laughed. "He really does speak weird and here I thought he's only doing that to irritate me."

The other again gestured for Sirius to be silent.

"Your father was a good man, but I have no choice. In their wisdom, the members of the council believed that this is for the better good. You have set this meeting in front of Apollo’s temple, for you know it would be sacrilege should I cause you harm here. What do you want Aris?"

"My life, and the lives of those remaining members of my family.”

“My orders are clear Aris, I’m sorry. You know I only have the highest regards upon all of you, but…”

“Then you know that they naught possess Father’s power. Healers they are not, only surgeons and potion-masters. Of those who possess my father’s gift, only I remained. To quell ‘the threat’ is the only task which you art ordained.”

“You have another solution to propose? I’m willing to listen.”

“I will perform a death oath, A healer’s life I will not sought. I will also leave and not return. Another life, I will seek to learn.”

“Herakles agreed to Aris’ proposal, and thus the start of Aris’ journey,” Nathaniel proceeded to lead them into the next room.

Upon passing the threshold of the new room, the 4 boys then found themselves in the middle of a rocky plain with approximately a dozen black horses. This plain was enclosed within a high stone wall as the horses moved about restlessly. Upon closed inspection, Harry realized that these were not ordinary horses. Their eyes burned red with internal fire and smoke rose out from their noses.

"Nathaniel? Where are we?"

"This is a depiction of the fortress built by Lord Arjuna located in the ancient city of Surya. Those creatures were mythically referred as the sun god's horses, known as Hinoemas; modern wizards also refer to them as Heliopaths. Hinoemas were once highly coveted magical creatures, it was believed that only descendants of the sun god are allowed to own them."

Fred watched the creatures and turned towards the artist, "Surya where's that? And aren't Heliopaths mythical creatures that knights are said to hunt down before facing dragons?"

Nathaniel looked sadly upon the horses, "Surya is located near Mesopotamia. The middle ages had been hard on the Hinoemas. Knights sought them out to either capture them or eat their meat, for Hinoemas are naturally fire resistant. Riding them, or ingesting their meat is a way to temporarily transfer this ability, thus enable questors to face dragons. Hinoemas only exist in the Isle now."

Harry and the twins looked at one another in confusion. "What Isle?"

"Black Isle. I’ll tell you guys about that later," Sirius tried to touch one of the horses and only felt the flat plaster wall. "This is a painting? Those horses look so real and restless."

"Yes, this is one of my favourite paintings. Hinoemas were always sought out by men who aim to domesticate these creatures, but these horses have always valued freedom and wide open spaces."

"What has this got to do with Aris?" Harry asked.

"After leaving his home and family, Aris traveled far. He learned magic that went beyond the art of healing. It is in Surya that he found a new purpose for his life."

Fred grinned. "What did he do? Steal those horses and set them free?"

Nathaniel sighed. "Yes, I sometimes wonder if the fate of the Hinoemas would have been different had Aris not intervened. Maybe these creatures would have adapted and accepted domestication."

A hidden door was opened and the four boys were led into another gallery. Nathaniel stopped in front of a painting where Aris treated a wounded Hinoema. The man carefully extracted the arrow off the felled horse as it neighed pitifully.

"Raiden was a young Hinoema that Aris saved from hunters. He and Aris eventually started a crusade to free all the Hinoemas from captivity. In the past, Hinoemas group themselves in small herds and are easily overpowered by human or wizards. Raiden with Aris' assistance became the leader of the largest and most feared Hinoema herd."

Sirius frowned. "But, isn't it good that Aris' intervention allowed them to be free?"

Nathaniel shook his head and walked over to the next painting, which was covered by red velvet curtains. "Aris continued on with his travels and earned the eternal gratitude of Raiden and the Hinoemas ..."

Velvet curtains parted and revealed the next painting. Screams echoed in the nearly empty room and the searing heat was felt by all occupants. The painting showed a burning city, with people be trapped within burning houses, children cried on the cobble stone walkway, men and women screamed in panic as dark horses ran past the streets with fire beneath their hooves.

"Raiden was a bit overzealous in his attempts to save his kins. Cities were destroyed; the once proud fortresses decimated into smoky ruins, and thus men started to fear Hinoemas. Instead of magical creatures fit only for gods and kings, they were now seen as dark creatures who reveled in chaos and destruction. They were therefore renamed into Heliopaths"

The artist looked up towards the ceiling. "It seems your friends who waits in your realm, are getting restless and worried. We ought to continue this some other time."

Fred frowned. "George, why don't you go back and tell them we're alright?

"Why don't you go back? I want to stay."

Fred crossed his arms. "Because I'm older, thus I get to order you."

George frowned. "Then I order Harry to go."

Harry opened his mouth to protest when he felt an invisible force push him back, he watched as this force dragged them away from the gallery to the white nothingness. They were being pulled towards a light, Nathaniel's gallery now a mere speck in the sea of white. Harry opened his eyes and saw that they were back in their room.

Ron glared at the foursome. "You guys were in there for over three hours..."

-0-

Remus Lupin smiled, as he smelled the clear morning air. "Happy Birthday James. I'm sure you would have loved this one."

Not so far way, James' son was also planning a bit of mischief.

Harry dipped another one of Sirius' 'Zonko's Singing Quill' into the golden solution and handed it to Fred. "Let's hope this works."

Fred grinned. "I assure you the 'Weasley Golden Sledge Solution' will make anything virtually indestructible for 100 hours."

George nodded. "Only a sledge hammer will be capable of destroying the item dipped in the Golden Sledge Solution."

Sirius skipped over to the treated quills and waved his wand over them, "Caveo Semper!"

Ron stared at his friend in confusion. ”What did you do?"

Sirius laughed. "Can't make it too easy for them, so I placed an evasion spell on the quills," he ran to the other end of the room and opened the window. "Gentlemen, I believe we are now ready to release the quills."

Fred nodded solemnly at George. "For freedom of speech and the press."

George bowed his head and clutched the quills to his heart, "Noble quills, you are now free. Sing your music and write your messages; make us proud."

Ron rolled his eyes as Harry laughed. The twin threw the quills out the window as all five boys watched them float to ground and hopped toward their prescribed destination.

-0-

Severus Snape growled and buried his head deeper into his pillows, as the bird outside the window chirped cheerfully. He did not know why, but he felt a vague sense of dread for today. He racked his brain for a reason on this irrational feeling, and remembered what this day used to represent when he was but a student here in Hogwarts. He frowned for the chirps sounded like the birthday song. He dismissed this and thought that it's likely only his imagination.

The Potions Professor was jolted awake when a steady flow of cold water poured on top of his head. He was further confused when he heard a clap of thunder above him, and was suddenly zapped by a jolt of electricity.

-0-

Severus Snape marched toward the teacher's lounge and slammed the door open. Professors Flitwick and McGonagall faced the door and were surprised to see a small continuously pouring rain cloud on top of the dripping wet Potions Master.

"Those hooligans have gone too far this time. Now, I know for sure that Potter is part of that insidious group. I knew that boy was exactly like his father."

Minerva McGonagall blinked and shook her head. "Harry? The boy is more like Lily than James. Really Severus, you're being irrational. Your immense hatred for James is clouding your..."

"Today happens to be James' birthday. That arrogant prat used to pull a prank like this on me to amuse himself. That brat even had the bird sing a birthday song through my window."

Flitwick shook his head. "Severus, there's no need to get overly stressed about this. Allow me to remedy the situation," the Charms Professor waved his wand and was surprised that the storm clouds to failed to disappear; instead his spell transformed Snape's attire. The potions professor now wore a fuzzy pink robe, bunny slippers and a bright yellow shower cap.

"Rain, rain go away come again another day Snivellus looks pretty in pink The guy's such a greasy wimp."

All three professor were turned towards the doorway, in time to see about 20 quills hopped into the room and half of them surrounded Snape to sing their silly song.

The Potions Professor pulled out his wand and was surprised that instead of a wand, he's holding a rubber ducky on a stick. "Filius! Reverse that darn spell of yours now! So I can get rid of those damn quills."

The Charms Professor shook his head. "I don't think I can. That storm cloud is protected by a very complicated spell-twisting ward. There's no way for me to predict the effect of any spell that I might throw."

Snape growled and took Flitwick's wand and attempted to reverse the spell himself. He managed to get himself covered with soap and shampoo all over. "Argh! Damn those kids!"

"Row, row, row your boat Gently down the stream When Snivellus saw the soap He began to scream."

Severus growled and threw a hex, which the quills easily evaded.

"Snivellus had a little cloud, little cloud, little cloud. And everywhere where Snivelly went, the cloud was sure to go."

The short man frantically tried to calm the irrate Potions Professor down, "Severus, calm down. I'm sure I can figure out how to go around this ward. Just give me a bit of time."

Minerva McGonagall studied both men quietly, "At least we now know that this is not Harry's doing. A ward that complicated cannot be created by a mere first year."

"Minerva the wise A woman so divine Pale are the butterflies Goddess worthy of a shrine."

The deputy headmistress was startled to see 5 quills, which stood upright in front of her singing their praises. Her eyes narrowed as she muttered under her breath, "Sirius Black must be responsible for this."

"An unworthy child For one such as you Beauty that cannot be defiled One that all men will try to pursue."

-0-

Harry held the old newspaper at hand unsure whether or not he should read it. Part of him wanted to give in to this morbid curiosity, but an inner voice in his head told him that opening this would only serve to stir the calm waters. In the end, morbid curiosity won over. He unrolled the parchment and began to read.

"Seems that Ron and the twins are too hungry to wait up. Ready to go down to breakfast, Harry?" Sirius just stepped out of the washroom and looked at Harry curiously. "What are you reading?"

Harry jumped, stared at his friend and began to wonder.

"Harry? What's wrong?"

"Regulus, he's your brother isn't he?"

Sirius noticed the old newspaper on Harry's desk, his eyes narrowed slightly. "Yes," he then walked over to Harry's desk and flipped the newspaper open. "It says right here that my brother was the one responsible for torturing the information of your parent's location from Peter Pettigrew," the paper was thrown aside.

"So now you know why people hate my family so much. I for one, do not believe a thing written in this piece of trash. Voldermort was a half-blood, I do not think my father in his pure blood fanaticism would willingly serve him. Main question is, what do you believe, Harry?"

Harry opened his mouth but he found that he didn't know what to say nor believe.

"When you make up your mind, you know where to find me." Sirius turned and left.

-0-


Black Times are Near by Rita Skeeter

We had thought that it was over. We thought that we had finally buried the last one of them. Then one rainy October afternoon we found that one of them remained - the final heir. We dismissed him as a mere child and therefore not a threat. How wrong we were.

Recent events in Hogwarts showed that this child does not only have the capacity to wield dark magic but also dark creatures. He used a kelpie to capture and imprison innocent civilians, Aurors, the Minister of Magic himself and even Hogwarts Headmaster were not spared. Furthermore, he used a dark unicorn to curse the whole population in Hogwarts all the way to Hogsmeade, surprisingly this show of power was left unpunished; perhaps he used an Imperius curse… Lastly through coercion and blackmail, he forced Hogwart's Board of Governors and the Ministry to give the lake to up got his dark creature.

He was prevented from causing greater harm due to the intervention oh Harry Potter, the-boy-who-lived. Incidentally, Harry Potter was also the reason as to why this reporter’s alive to tell this tale. Unfortunately our young hero has decided to take a peaceful stance and broker a peace agreement. This report notes, that all throughout the arraignment, Sirius Black maintain that haughty ‘Black’ attitude and was the reason for plenty of unnecessary delays in the negotiations.

Sirius Black is dangerous and far more cunning than all the other Blacks before him. Hogwarts is not a place for such a child. Would you allow a child like that to attend school with your children? Do you not fear that they may be slowly corrupted to join this next dark lord in the next dark war?


Sirius sat by the window in the now familiar bridge way. He grumbled about gits and stupid reporters.

"Sirius."

"What do you want, Draco?"

"Nothing really, but I want to tell you that dad's allowing you to come home for Christmas."

Sirius snorted. “I thought you all wanted to have a nice little family Christmas for a change."

Draco crossed his arms and drawled, "Like it or not Sirius, we are the only family you've got. Legally and biologically speaking, you are part of our family. There’s no one else who would be willing to offer to you what we do."

Sirius glared at the blond boy in front of him. "If you people don't want me around, I don't want to be there either, so let's not even go through this charade."

Draco smiled. "My father read the article and thought that it's not fair for people to treat you that way and we ought to support you as family are expected to."

Sirius narrowed his eyes suspiciously towards Draco Malfoy. "What do you people want from me? I’m tired of all these games."

"Really Sirius, whatever gave you the idea that we have any ulterior motive beyond family support? If you decide to accept our invitation, you know how to contact any one of us."

Sirius watched Draco's retreating back; he leaned back unto the windowsill, closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

-End of Chapter 14-

Facts:

Heliopaths are Spirits of fire; huge flaming creatures that gallop across the ground burning everything in their path. Luna believes that Cornelius Fudge has armies of Heliopaths at his command. (Source: HP Lexicon)

Raiden “ is the name if the Japanese god of thunder and lightning. I just thought that since I’m basing the kelpie’s name from Greek mythology; the unicorn on Norse, the thestral in African; the Heliopaths ought to have Asian sounding names.

Surya is not an actual city, but the name of an Indian sun god and Arjuna is his son.

A/N: Although it would seem that Sirius knows too much spells, I’ll explain ‘Caveo Semper’ on the next chapter (also a bit more of teacher torture *evil grin*). The ‘Caveo Semper’ spell is highly plot related.

Other Note: Starting this chapter and onwards, Orlaith will not be able to beta for me :( ... Unfortunately, she will no longer have time to do so. But I would like to say that Robyn (Orlaith) had been a great help; because of her patience to teach me - I believe I can now handle the future chapters on my own. Thanks Robyn! I would not have been able to get this and the next chapters validated if you hadn't come along and helped me when I encountered plenty of difficulty on Chapter 7. ^_^ Will miss you!