Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Black Chronicles - An Ancient Legacy by the nutty imp

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 15 - Reflections on the Past

Remus Lupin slammed the door and sealed it shut; he gave a sigh of relief and smiled at the knowledge that he had finally gotten rid of those quills. He wondered if his fellow professors received similar gifts from S.P.A.W.N.; it would be amusing to see this particular show, he ought to go and check how his collegues fared.

As he headed for the direction of the teacher's lounge, he started to wonder how Snape took the ‘Little Cloud’ prank and if the Potions Professor was able to figure out a way around the spell twisting ward that was placed. Remus smiled for it had been a long time since he pulled something like this. He hated to admit it, but it felt great; at times this, he truly missed his old friend.

As he reached the bridgeway, he found a familiar dark haired figure sitting on his usual spot. "Is it a family trait to sit alone and brood? Your brother used to do the exact same thing on the astronomy tower on the evenings."

"Morning Professor Lupin," Sirius greeted his Professor.

Had breakfast, Sirius?”

The boy pointed to the couple of apples by his feet. “I pick some on the way here. Would you want some?”

The History Professor sat down on the stone floor and pick up one of the apples and tossed the other towards the boy. “Don’t mind if I do.”

Professor Lupin?”

Yes, Sirius?”

Why does Professor Binns take over your class, every once in a while?”

Remus smiled. “You don’t find having a ghost for a teacher interesting?”

Sirius rolled his eyes. “He’s boring.”

Remus laughed at the boy's refreshing honesty. “I used to find it hard to pay attention to his class as well.”

Sirius frowned. “Then why does he have to teach your class?”

I was initially hired as a Mr. Quirell’s substitute for Defense Against Dark Arts during his one-year leave...”

Quirell’s boring too.”

Remus raised an eyebrow. “I would have thought you enjoyed all your classes.”

Just because I'm having fun at my classes, does not mean that they're not boring,” Sirius answered with an impish grin.

Remus Lupin sighed for he knew all too well on what the boy meant by ‘fun’. “Anyway, the Deputy Headmistress noted the dismal year-on-year O.W.L. and N.E.W.T performances especially in History of Magic; thus she asked that I assist on the weekend review sessions. I was eventually hired to take over History classes. Professor Binns does not like the idea of retiring, so this compromise.”

Remus smiled at the boy. "You know Sirius, it wouldn't if you tone down on your 'fun' and do a bit of school work once in a while."

Sirius made a face. "You mean homework? Why does everyone keep telling me that?"

Remus laughed for this boy truly reminded him of James, "Maybe because you haven't submitted a single one since you got here."

"I did!"

Remus cocked his head to a side and thought about it again and figured that maybe Sirius is not entirely like James; for James would never even consider ‘Flirting with Minerva’ as a fun activity. His old friend of course, concentrated those type of efforts toward a certain red-head that he truly fancied. "Alright, except for the poetic essay you gave Professor McGonagall, which she does not consider as a real homework."

"Is this your way of hinting that I do the homework you assigned?"

Remus laughed. "The faculty actually have a wish list wherein we listed down specific feats that we'd want certain students to achieve. We call it the Miracle List."

Sirius laughed. "Let me guess, one of the items on the list is that I not earn a single detention for a month."

Remus smiled for James still held the current record on the most number of detentions in a single term. Although, it would seem that Sirius would break this particular record soon. "Another item on the list is that you submit all the homework assigned to you."

Sirius snorted. "Why don't you include Crabbe and Goyle to actually earn an 'A'."

Remus gave him a solemn look. "That's actually number 2 on the list."

The boy looked at the History Professor dumbfounded. "You mean there truly is a list?"

The History Professor shook with laughter. "Yes!"

Sirius crossed his armed grumbled about teachers singling him out unfairly.

"So Sirius, why aren't you with your friends this morning?"

The boy shrugged. "I figured that they would needed some space."

Remus Lupin raised an eyebrow and waited for the boy to elaborate further.

"Harry found an article that said, it was Regulus who delivered Peter Pettigrew and eventually his parents, to Voldemort. I thought he ought to sort it out on his own. I was on my way to the Great Hall when I heard the howler Ron, Fred and George got from their mum. Finally, I've decided to just pay Seidon a visi,t but he's playing god."

The History Professor had always been fascinated with dark creatures, for he found that the books are often wrong about them. He enjoyed the time he spent teaching Seidon the basics of human language and culture; the kelpie was highly intelligent… well most of the time … He wondered, what the creature was up to now, “Playing god?"

"That's what the 'kelpie status board' says. I don't think, I would want to know what he meant by that."

Remus smiled for he gave the kelpie his old status board as a house warming present. The board used to be posted outside his classroom to allow people to know whether he's inside the room or not; it also tells if he's busy with his students. Of course, the kelpie neither understood the concept of house warming, nor did the creature know how to use the board. But it seemed that Seidon learned pretty fast.

He turned his attention toward the boy beside him. For though Sirius seemed like such a carefree child. Remus knew better; he saw how Lucius had easily threatened to punish the boy as well as the boy’s nonchalant response. He figured that Sirius must have been punished on a regular basis, even for the littlest thing. Now that Remus thought on it, punishment must be the most common type of attention that the boy knew. The boy obviously sought attention, maybe the child just could not distinguish the wrong type of attention to the right one. He ought to discuss this with Minerva; that is, after he figured out what’s currently bothering the boy.

The article by Rita Skeeter?”

Sirius shrugged. “I’m used to it. People can believe whatever it is they want, I don't really care. I’m just bored.”

Remus laughed at the simplicity of it all, “How would you like to see the teacher’s lounge?” he asked.

The boy was obviously intrigued, “You want to show me that list you mentioned?”

Remus shook his head as eyes twinkled in laughter. “No. Better.”

Sirius hopped off the ledge eagerly. “My school file?”

I’m sure that would be fun read, but I was referring to Operation Cumulus Snivellus”

Surprise was evident on Sirius’ face as he gleefully asked, “You didn’t...”

Shh... It’ll be our little secret.”

Master! We’re back! Thy chosen ones!” Remus groaned as those irritating quills had not only escaped the room, but they had also found him.

We will follow you to the ends of the earth, oh great one!”

Sirius laughed at his professor's predicament. "Quite devoted aren't they?"

Remus gave the boy a mock glare. "Obsessed is more like it."

The quills started to blow down in front of History Professor chanting, "Uoohhh... Uuuhhhmmm... Uooohhh... Uuuuhhhmmm..."

Remus sighed. "Sirius, do you happen to have a list or a catalogue of all the Weasley's Counter Solutions?"

"Yes and all their prank products too ... why?"

"Get me all of it. One of them is bound to get rid of these quills."

Sirius smirked for he knew that the 'Weasley Golden Sledge Solution' does not have a counter potion; one either squash the infected object with a sledge hammer or wait 100 hours for the potion to lose it's potency. Fred and George would be very pleased to hear about the amount of potential sale that they could garner from the faculty.

-0-

Hermione and Neville took a step back. Gryffindors are known for their bravery, but both of them were not feeling particularly brave right now. The dark shadow followed them and crossed the threshold; Hermione nervously pulled out her wand, "Take one step further and I will hex you!"

Neville bit his lower lip pressed himself farther onto the wall, "Hermione, throwing threats won't help. Zombies can't understand anything ..."

The figure by the doorway snorted. "Zombie? And here I thought you'd be smarter than that."

Hermione found the courage to finally speak up, "What are you then?"

He was obviously once a striking young man, but the graying skin, that nasty red scar slashed across his face, and those tattered robes made him a frightening figure to behold. "I'm a ghost."

Neville nervously peer up from behind Hermione, "But, you're solid."

The self proclaimed ghost threw back his head haughtily. "Ghost comes in diffrent forms, human. Stronger ones can appear to be solid."

Hermione frowned for she has never read anything in 'Hogwarts, a History' about solid ghosts wandering around the school grounds. "Who are you? And what do you want from us?"

"Diones D. Pilkee. I came to help you because you summoned me."

Hermione shook her head. "I did not."

"Did too!"

"Not!"

"I'm the ghost here! So I know better."

At this, Hermione decided to keep her silence for strong ghosts are indeed said to have the ability to appear in a solid form; she does not wish to anger this one. "Alright, I suppose you're right, but why did I summon you?"

"Information," the 'ghost' pulled out a parchment and offered it to Hermione.

Hermione hesitated, but took the parchment; she unrolled it. "How did you come across of this?"

The being rolled its eyes. "Are humans incapable of thinking? I took it from his desk of course."

Hermione looked up from the parchment she held to give that arrogant prat in front of her a piece of her mind, but all she saw was a retreating shadow leaving through the door.

"Hermione? What did he give you?"

Hermione handed the parchment to Neville, "It's a letter."

"Letter?"

"From Draco's father. It asked for Draco to keep an eye on Sirius. Seemed that Rita Skeeter was not the only one who interpreted Sirius major mistake on that dancing charm as a show of power."

Neville frowned. "You know, I don't think that guy's a real ghost."

Hermione gave the boy a puzzled look, "Why do you say that?"

The chubby boy shrugged. "I'm not exactly sure. He's scary enough I give him that, but he doesn't seem angry enough. From what I know only angry ghosts can appear solid and he doesn't give me that prickly ghostly feeling."

"Prickly ghostly feeling?"

Neville sighed. "You know, the one that have the hairs by the back of your neck stand up. I usually have that sensation whenever a ghost is near, but not this time."

Hermione frowned. "There's only one way to find out if he's really who he says he is."

Neville watched in confusion as his companion strode forward towards the door and gestured for him to follow. "Where are we going?" he asked her.

"To the library, we're going to find all that we can on Diones D. Pilkee."

Neville absently placed the letter inside his pocket and followed Hermione to the door.

-0-

"This old man, he played one He doesn't mind when SPAWN has fun. Snape blew up, Flickwick's a hairy king kong, This old man just whistled a song."

Albus Dumbledore chuckled as he headed for the teacher's lounge to check on his staff; those amusingly witty quills trailed behind him as they continued to sing ...

"This old man, he played two He only smiled when we turn him blue, Lupin's got hiccups, Snivellus wearing a tutu, This old man played on his kazoo."

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore had always expected the unexpected; however, not even in his wackiest dreams, did he expect to see the scene before him. Papers littered the floor and furnitures were in a state of disarray as three of his House Heads each attempted to hex the quills that flew about and sang their inane songs. Furthermore, Professor Snape wore a pink bathrobe, held a rubber ducky wand, and a small storm cloud rained above his head. Albus Dumbledore chuckled and greeted his staff, "Wonderful sunny morning we have today, don't you think?"

"This old man, he played three We gave him a purple goatee. Quirell's so scared; he tried to stake Snape. This old man went to bake a cake."

Severus Snape growled for he had have enough of the complacent old fool. "Headmaster! I don't care what you say! It's about time we put a stop to these delinquents!"

Minerva McGonagall voiced her ascent, "I agree with Severus on this one..."

The door to the faculty lounge suddenly swung open.

"Wow! And I though our room was bad."

On the opened doorway stood Sirius Black with Remus Lupin behind him.

"Minerva a woman of great power Beauty beyond that of a mere flower To you, gifts men will shower..."

Sirius grinned for the quills just gave him the perfect opening, "Minerva, will you my lover?"

The Deputy Headmistress glared at the boy.

Remus Lupin sighed and pulled Sirius aside, "Sirius, do you remember that thing we talked about earlier? About the proper time to be funny; as well as the proper time to shut up?"

"Yes, Professor Lupin."

"You just missed an opportunity to shut up."

"Oh..."

Snape glared at the boy, for he figured: if Harry Potter was not responsible then it had to be Sirius Black. For Sirius was amazingly adept in the ways of magic.

"Alright Black! I know you're responsible for this! Reverse this 'Spell Twisting Ward' of yours right now!"

Sirius gaped at the Potions Professor and hid behind Remus, "I didn't do it!"

Minerva McGonagall and Filius Flitwick glared at the boy as well.

"He's charming and cute, but he can't reach his desk. A man of good repute, but he can't reach your chest."

Filius Flitwick once again tried to hex those irritating quills. Unfortunately, the quills were too quick; they evaded his hex and continued to sing.

"Knowledge he loves to share A man, the size of a hare... He's a small guy after all!"

Minerva McGonagall glared directly at the boy who continued to hide behind her colleague. "You, Mr. Black are our number one suspect. The lines being thrown by these quills, points directly at you; no other students would dare do this."

Remus stepped forward, "I think we all ought to calm down and not accused Sirius when you have no proof; except for a few circumstancial evidences... Oh and Severus, that cloud prank was my doing."

"Of course Sirius did..." Severus Snape stopped in mid sentence as his colleague and rival's words had sunk in. Remus Lupin had just confessed to pulling the cloud prank. "What! Lupin, you bloody *&^%$&^#!"

By this time, Sirius felt slightly bored and decided to sing along with the quills,

"He's a small guy after all, He's a small guy after all, He's a small guy after all, He's a small, small guy."

The History Professor sighed. "Sirius?"

"Yes, Professor Lupin?"

"Please shut up."

"Okay."

The quills that followed Remus, further added to the confusion. "Our Master is sooo Great! That's why we worship only him! Oooohhhmmmm Uuuuhmmmm!" the five quills continued to bow towards Remus.

Sirius looked up towards his History Professor awe was evident on his face, "Professor Lupin?"

"Yes Sirius?"

"About doing the homework you assigned to me. I'll do it, if you would teach me how to throw that wicked Spell Twisting Ward."

Albus Dumbledore chuckled, but the rest of the faculty were not amused.

"Remus, I'm appalled that YOU, a member of the faculty would..."

"Lupin! I'll have you fired for this!..."

"Remus, this is hardly an example to set for the students..."

Albus decided that now was a time for him to intervene. He calmly raised his hand. "Everyone, I request a moment of silence."

All turned towards the Headmaster; even the singing quills seemed to comply due to the silent aura of power that the Headmaster held. The only sound came from Severus Snape, who yelped in surprise; this was due to a little bolt of lightning that a certain cloud sent. "Now Remus, what's the meaning of this."

The History Professor gave the occupants a sheepish grin, "I had a blast of nostalgia about James' birthday tradition; I figured since it's the weekend, this little prank would be harmless. I didn't expect S.P.A.W.N. to pull a prank today as well."

Minerva McGonagall sighed. Filius Flitwick shook his head. Severus Snape continued to glare at the History Professor. Albus Dumbledore laughed heartily.

"Well Remus, I think you had your fun. You ought to undo your spell." The Headmaster gestured towards Snape. Remus nodded and pulled out his wand.

"Wait! I don't trust him!" Snape eyed his rival suspiciously.

Remus Lupin held back an exasperated groan, "Severus, I apologize. It was a childish prank on my part. I was not thinking straight. Now let me undo this..."

"No! Flitwick will be the one to help me take care of this!"

The Charms Professor tried to reason with his colleague, "Severus, I'll gladly help you figure out a way to get past that ward, but having Remus get rid of it for you, would be the faster and the more practical alternative."

Snape growled. "Just try and fix this, Filius!"

The Charms Professor sighed and once again tried to get rid to the cloud.

Remus Lupin tried to hide a smile as the wards twisted Flitwick's spell; Snape now wore a yellow flowery sundress; the cloud hanging above once again greeted the Potions Master with a miniature bolt of lightning.

"Snivellus gets zapped and rained, zapped and rained, zapped and rained, Snivellus gets zapped and rained, He makes such a fair lady!"

Sirius took this inopportunate time to butt in, "Headmaster? Since I'm being accused without proof can I get legal counsel and moreover can I sue the school?"

Remus sighed. "Sirius..."

"Yes, Professor Lupin?

"Now is another time for you to shut up."

"Oh...uhmmm... Professor Lupin, I'm curious, can Professors give their fellow Professor detention?"

Remus Lupin bit his lower lip as he held back his laughter; he shook his head and said, "Sirius, what part of shut up do you not understand?"

-0-

Harry found Ron Weasley and asked about Sirius, but his friend had not seen the dark-haired boy all morning either.

"Maybe he's with Seidon. Fred and George went off to check the lake a while ago..." Ron did not wish to see the over-bearing horse, so he did not follow his brothers to search at that area.

George approached the pair, Fred right behind him, "Sirius was not there and neither is Seidon. Seidon left a note stating that he's 'Playing God'; I don't know what that meant, but maybe Sirius is with him."

Harry shook his head. "No, whatever Seidon was up to, Sirius was not with him. I saw him leave this tower on my way here. He galloped away before I could call him, but that kelpie was alone."

Ron grinned for he came up with a solution. "The map!"

Fred shook his head. "We've already tried that. We've looked at every red dots wandering alone, but Sirius is obviously not walking alone."

Harry frowned as he thought about the possibility of Sirius hanging around Draco Malfoy. "What about the other dots?"

George shook his head. "There's too many people moving about right now. It'll be hard to discern Sirius from the other mass of red dots, especially if they overlap one another."

Harry saw Hermione and Neville headed their way; the high pile of books they carried indicated that both came from the library. "Hermione, Neville, did you two happen to see Sirius on your way here?"

Hermione shook her head. "No but I'll bet wherever chaos is, Sirius is bound to be nearby."

Fred turned to his twin brother and grinned. "Of course! Why didn't we thought of that?"

George smirked. "He ought to be at the teacher's lounge!"

Neville felt utterly confused by the twins' assessment. Beside him, he saw that Hermione Granger was equally confused as well. He scratched his head and asked, "Don't you mean detention?"

Rom grinned. "No, they meant teacher's lounge. Bloody brilliant of you Granger. Come on guys, let's go find that git of ours."

Hermione blinked and wondered what that was all about. She handed her pile of books to Neville.

"Hermione!"

"Neville, I'll meet you at the common room. I'll go check on those idiots."

"Hermione, whatever it is, you don't want to get involved."

"I know, but someone have to watch those morons. We ought to make sure that they stay out of trouble; we wouldn't want to lose anymore house points."

Neville sighed as Hermione ran after Harry's group. He struggled to balance the high pile of books, and headed towards the Gryffindor common room.

-0-

On the surface Albus Dumbledore continued to smile, but beneath this carefree facade he was very troubled. The Headmaster was able to dis-enchant the 'evasion charm' off the quills. However, much to the staff's dismay, their hexes had barely affected those persistent quills. A hex or two was enough to knock a quill down and silenced it for a few seconds, but the quills would just hop back up then continue their songs. The quills however, were not the concern that troubled Albus Dumbledore's mind.

The Headmaster was all to familiar with the evasion charm used for this particular prank...

-0-

Albus Dumbledore pushed open the trap door and entered the familiar dingy room. Only Remus would arrange a secret meeting inside the Shrieking Shack. He greeted the man who stood by the shadows. "Hello Regulus, I received word from Remus, what is this matter of great importance that you needed to tell me directly?"

"It is confirmed, my whole clan had just pledged their support to the Dark Lord."

The Headmaster gave his former student a sad smile, "Ah... so do you now wish to withdraw your allegiance to the Order? You wish to tell me because you do not have the heart to tell this to Remus directly?"

The young man shook his head. "I will not fight my family; however the Order's fight is with Voldermort. I will remain as I am."

"Ah... so this meeting is a reassurance of your loyalty. I do not doubt your heart Regulus; however in setting up this meeting, you put yourself in risk."

Regulus Black gave the old man a wry smile, "That is not the purpose of my wanting to meet with you," the young man walked towards the broken wooden stool by the wall and waved his wand, "Caveo Semper!" he then pointed his wand back towards the chair, "Reducto!"

Albus Dumbledore was glad that the villagers believed this shack to be haunted and ignored all noise that emanated from it. Although the blast was not an especially strong one, it created a cloud of dust and debris as it shattered the chair and wooden floor. The Headmaster had to blink when he realized that the chair managed to remain intact.

The dark haired man explained, "One of my father's favourite trick, this powerful evasion charm could not be affected by a mere dis-enchantment spell. The group of Aurors massacred in the Roscoe House ... My father placed a spell on those muggle weapons to attack those men and women; then he further layered this 'evasion charm' onto those objects. Those weapons were unstoppable due to this charm."

The older man frowned. "I have never heard of this charm before."

"You wouldn't. It was one of those spells passed only to the direct line of the family. Knowledge passed from one generation to another by oral tradition; it has never been shared outside our circle before."

"And how could we stop an object charmed by the Caveo Semper charm?"

Regulus gave his former Headmaster a sad smile, "Normally, I wouldn't share such a secret for this feels like I'm betraying my family, but plenty of lives are at stake .. so..." he waved his wand toward the direction of the chair. "Repmes Oevac!" He then waved his wand and sent the chair crashing onto a nearby wall just to prove that the 'evasion charm' had indeed been removed.

"Why tell me this? It would have been easier to just tell Remus."

The young man's grey eyes darkened as he mumbled, "It would seem more believable to my father, if Albus Dumbledore was the one who figured-out the counter spell."

-0-

The old Headmaster closed his eyes and whispered, "Sirius, where did you learn that spell?" Hhs thoughts were interrupted as all the quills began to chant:

"You have gotten past the first layer. To get past the second requires a sound knock, A knowledge that needs to be hammered; Else, you can always wait 8 turns of the clock."

Severus Snape yelped as he was struck by another mini bolt of lightning. "What the bloody hell does that mean?"

Minerva McGonagall sighed. "It's a riddle..."

Filus Flitwick could not help but smile a bit, although S.P.A.W.N. was a major irritation, the Charms Professor had to admire the amount of planning that those pranksters go through. He was also proud of their undeniable skills in charms. "Clever...extremely clever."

Remus Lupin contemplated on the riddle, "Eight turns of the clock could mean 4 days..."

"What!" Severus Snape glared at the sandy-haired man, "Lupin, you're supposed to be the master prankster! Get rid of these quills!"

An extremely bored Sirius quiped, "Professor Lupin, I don't understand. Does Professor Snape expect you to prank the quills, so to get rid of them? Sounds incredibly stupid if you ask me. Then again I don't really ..."

Remus sighed. "Sirius please shut up."

"Lupin, I don't know why you brought that brat here, but he leaves NOW!"

Remus explained, "Sirius was supposed to show me a catalogue of the Weasley Twin's counter-solutions. I figured since S.P.A.W.N. either modify Zonko's products or makes use of the Weasley Twin's creations - a counter for these quills might be found in that catalogue."

-0-

Sirius closed the door and pouted. Snivellus the grouch threw him out and now he's bored once again. He started to wonder on the reason behind the Potion Professor's grouchy disposition.

"Sirius!"

Sirius turned around and was surprised to see his friends headed towards him.

"You dolt! We've been looking all over for you."

"Hey Ron, nice to see you too," Sirius drawled and leaned on the nearby wall.

Fred gave the dark haired boy a hurt look and thumped a fist above his heart, "You went to spy on the professors and didn't care to invite us?"

George who looked equally hurt, he grabbed Sirius by the shoulders and started to shake the younger boy violently, "How could you be so thoughtless? Did it not occur to you that we'd like to watch as well?"

Both twins gave an melodramatic wail. "You are not our friend anymore!"

Behind the twins, Ron rolled his eyes and Harry chuckled. Ron was pretty sick of his brothers' constant clowning around; Harry on the other hand, always found the Twin's and Sirius' antics to be a never ending source of amusement.

Sirius raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Would money buy back your friendships?"

George cocked his head to the left and pretended to deeply consider the proposal, "A couple of galleons would be nice."

Fred shook his head vehemently. "You can't bribe us with your money. Although I'd accept your Zonko's Professional Set."

Harry laughed. "A new broomstick for me!"

Ron sighed. "How about an undisturbed moment of sleep?"

Sirius gave his friends a smug grin. "George, you would get your couple of galleons. Fred, I'm sorry but that Zonko's Set is mine, although this could a way for you to buy yourself one. Harry, same goes for you. Ron, I suggest a sleeping drought, you can use the money to buy some, but you could also get a bottle from Madam Pomfrey for free."

All four boys stared at their friend in confusion.

Sirius slowly pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and amiled triumphantly, "I've got here in my hand, several orders for each type of your Weasley's counter solutions..."

Fred plucked the piece of paper away from Sirius; he began to read its contents, George peered over his brother's shoulder to read as well.

"Wicked!"

"We're just got our first 'major' order."

As the Fred and George celebrated their newfound business, Harry decided to ask the question that was in all their minds when they saw Sirius leave the faculty lounge, "Sirius, what's went on in there? Did we get them?"

Sirius answered with a wicked grin. "Oh, we got them. It worked better than expected. But the best part was the prank Professor Lupin pulled on Snivellus ..."

Behind a potted plant Hermione listened as Sirius described the various reactions of the professors to their singing quills. Sirius also went into details on Remus Lupin's prank on Severus Snape. She shook her head; just when she thought that it would be impossible for those boys to be a bigger idiots than she believed them to be - they surprise her. They had the nerve to pull pranks on the teachers. Hermione certainly hoped that they'll never be caught. She shuddered, as she imagined the repurcussions it would have on their house. Hermione frowned for everything fits... Harry, Ron, Sirius, Fred and George were the members of the elusive Secret Prankster Association for Wizarding Nonsense, better known as S.P.A.W.N. Her brows furrowed as she vowed to stop those nitwits from causing more trouble and endanger Gryffindor's house standing.

"Guys, have you ever wondered as to why Snivellus is such a grouch?" Sirius asked.

"Probably because he has no life and he's so unloved, Fred quiped.

Ron scratched his head. "So are you saying that all he needs is a bit of love and he'll be nicer?"

"Let's put that idea to a test," George suggested.

"I have an idea," Sirius eagerly shouted.

"Me too! I think Snape needs a girl since no woman deserves to suffer that fate ... we could ..." George started to explain.

Sirius scrunched up his face. "Ewww! A girl? Why would anyone want that?"

"I agree with Sirius on this," Ron stated.

"Ron ... Sirius ... such innocent little kids they are..."

"Dear brother, they are still too young. Someday they would understand ..."

-0-

Ron reached out for another cauldron cake when Hermione approached their group, "I know what you guys are up to. I came to ask that you not pull anything incredibly stupid."

Sirius sighed and placed his glass of pumpkin juice on the table. "We've done it before. I don't see why we shouldn't try again. You can join us if you want; our room after lunch."

Hermione stared at the idiot incredulously. She could not believe the audacity of the boy, he invited her to help them pull a prank. Does he really think that Hermione Jane Granger would go along with his stupid pranks? Her eyes narrowed into slits as she glared down upon Sirius Black. The object of her ire however, appeared oblivious as he picked his glass of pumpkin juice up once again. Her nosetrils flared at being ignored; "And what makes you think, I'd want to join you, in your bout of stupidity?"

Ron looked somewhat confused as he scratched the back part of his neck. "Well, yesterday you were gripping about missing the opportunity to meet Nathaniel. So, I told Sirius you might want to come along this time around..."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Forget about it Ron, girls are finicky. She merely changed her mind about wanting to come along."

Fred nodded his ascent. "Who knows she'll change her mind about wanting to come along again...in a minute or two...or...three...or"

"Shut it you insensitive gits! My poor brother had just been turned down by a girl for the first time in his life and this is how you morons comfort him," George gave both Fred and Sirius a look of mock anger.

Fred's jaw dropped and he threw himself unto Ron and gave the other boy a bone-crushing hug. "I'm sooooo sorry Wonnikins! How could I be so insensitive!"

The Weasley Twins stood side-by-side and thumped thier chest, "Ronald you need not worry. Your brothers are here to help you with your girl problems!" they swore in unison.

Both Harry and Sirius had fallen off their chairs laughing. Hermione felt the heat rise to her cheeks and saw the Ron was equally red-faced.

"You bloody gits! I'm not asking Hermione out!"

Fred gave his brother a sympathetic smile, "It's alright Ron, everyone gets rejected once in a while. It does not in any way mean, that she doesn't like you."

George nodded, "Some girls likes to play hard-to-get." he nudged Hermione with his elbow in a not-so-subtle manner and winked. "Ain't that right Hermione?"

"I had enough of you morons!" Ron jumped up from his seat as Fred and George made a run for it, and chanting, 'Mione and Ron sitting on a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!' all the way out the Great Hall while Ron chased after them. Harry and Sirius looked at one another and chuckled as they too stood up and followed the Weasleys' trail. Hermione sighed and followed them as well.

-0-

Sirius blinked and looked around, the place felt familiar, but for some unknown reason he felt a cold dread envelop him.

Ron bit his lower lip and held back a shiver; the row of creepy house elves heads stared straight at him, “Where are we?”

Grimmauld Place,” Sirius' right hand felt the familiar stone walls. This version of Grimmauld does not have the neglected and abandoned feel as the Grimmauld Place of the present, but somehow this one felt darker as if the inhabitant imbued his own darkness onto the place.

Fred excitedly drank in his surrounding, “The Black ancestral home? I’ve heard so much about this place. It’s a lot creepier than they say it is.”

George nodded. “Wait till we tell Lee that we were actually in the place.”

Hermione frowned. “But, we can’t apparate out of Hogwarts so how did we get here?”

Sirius continued to browse around, “This isn’t the Grimmauld Place of the present, nor is it the same Grimmauld Place that I grew up in…”

Harry drank in his surrounding and shivered, “So you’re saying that we’re in a different version of Grimmauld Place somewhere in the book.”

I think so...”

Ron moaned. “You’re not even sure. I knew this was a bad idea.”

Sirius tried to sound a lot more confident than he felt; he reassured his friend, “Relax Ron, I know this house like the back of my hand.”

Unfortunately for him Hermione saw right through his bluff, “If this house is not of our plane, then how sure are you that it’s the same house. Moreover, what lies outside this house.”

Fred grinned. “Then we’ll find out.”

Ron rolled his eyes. “Brilliant plan, Fred.”

Sirius cupped his hands in front of him and shouted, “Hello! Anyone there!”

Hermione sighed. “Great. Announce our presence. Why didn’t I think of that?”

George smirked. “Simple, it's because you don’t possess our natural brilliance.”

Harry ignored his friends’ banter. He does not like the general feel of this place. They were obviously not anywhere near Nathaniel’s portion of the book. The Renaissance artist have a preference of a light, airy, and informal atmosphere. This place, in contrast, was stuffy and has a menacing air about it. Sirius obviously messed up. Harry remembered Nathaniel’s warnings on the danger of entering the book - he only hoped that they were not in any danger.

Sirius?”

Dad!”

Harry has heard plenty about Orion Black, he swallowed hard and looked nervously to his right; he saw that Ron, Hermione, Fred and George wore equally grim expressions. Sirius on the other hand, seemed glad to see the man and launched himself towards him.

The man looked disapprovingly at his son. “Young man, this is not the proper way by which a Black should carry himself!.”

Sirius remained undeterred, “Come on, dad. I haven’t seen you for 5 years; for you it’s much longer. You ought to be glad to see me.”

The man frowned. “Obviously, Gryffindor teaches its student nothing on self restraint.” He then smiled, there was a malicious gleam in his eyes; this made Harry and the others take a step further back, away from the man.

Sirius on the other hand remained oblivious, “Dad, I want you to meet my …”

You are indeed a true Black, you brought to me not one but five Gryffindors. And who’s this? Those features are unmistakable, Harry Potter the one who brought down the Dark Lord…”

Sirius stared at his father, utterly confused, “Dad?”

Orion raised his wand…

Dad No!”

A strong wind flew in and pushed Orion straight to the wall. A dark Horse ran in front of Harry, Ron, Hermione and the Twins and changed into a familiar form of a man they had plan on visiting.

Nathaniel?”

Orion Black's eyes narrowed, his anger was evident in his voice, "You! You're not supposed to be here. It's not possible for anyone, aside from Aris, to move about the different sections."

The former Renaissance artist grabbed Sirius by the arm, "You forgot Orion, if anyone should know this book just as well as Aris does, it would be me. For I am the one who re-made this book."

Nathaniel pushed Sirius behind him towards the rest of his friends; they were enveloped by a white blinding light.

Harry blinked as they were once again in Nathaniel's studio. The Black ancestor laid himself down on a Roman-style couch and closed his eyes. He appeared pale and drawn, he was breathing heavily as well.

"Nathaniel?"

Grey eyes that were so much like Sirius' own narrowed as he sat up and glared angrily at their group. "Had I not warn you of the dangers? The least you could do was to double check your Arithmancy before you went about this!"

Harry blinked in confusion. "Arithmancy?"

Hermione recited her facts, as usual, "Arithmancy is a branch of magic that is concerned with the magical properties of numbers. It involves the use, and understanding of complicated number charts."

Harry scratched the backside of his head. "But Sirius never used any number charts to get us here."

It was now Nathaniel's turn to be surprised, "What!"

Sirius raised both palms up in a defensive manner, "Arithmancy is boring and moreover, we don't have Arithmancy classes yet. Did I not figure out the correct trajectory the last time we got here? I didn't even have to use a foggy old number chart."

Nathaniel's jaw dropped and wondered if the boy was serious, and if he was - he could make up his mind on whether Sirius was a natural genius, or the biggest idiot that their bloodline had ever produced. Nathaniel mused, that to have calculated the trajectory of a transporting spell correctly without the chart; made Sirius a genius. Although he missed his mark this time around, Sirius only missed it by a couple of degrees; but to attempt to perform that spell without a chart was ...

Hermione could not believe it. A transporting spell such as the one Sirius used, required accurary; and the moron actually tried to do it without a number chart. "Sirius Black! You are indeed an idiot in the purest sense!"

Nathaniel could not have agreed more...

Fred and George looked at one another and grinned "Toujours Pur, dear Hermione...Sirius is a true Black. Toujours Pur," both twins drawled in unison.

"Argh! You three morons reminds me too much of the 'Three Stooges'!"

Fred and George looked blankly at one another, "Three Whatsis?"

"I have no idea either."

Harry laughed. "They're popular muggle characters."

Sirius grinned, "I know what they are!" he raised his wand and shouted, "All for one, and one for all!"

Fred and George grinned and raised their wands to tap Sirius' raised one and shouted in unison. "All for one, and one for all!"

Ron frowned. "Hey! Don't Harry and I get to be stooges as well?"

Harry rolled over in laughter, while Hermione rolled her eyes in exasperation.

-0-

Narcissa Malfoy closed an old book and smiled for Lucius would be very pleased with her findings. She stood up and checked her reflection, she moved a stray hair in place and walked out the room to search for her husband.

Lucius had always complained on how she made him take Sirius in, and how troublesome her cousin was. Nacissa Black Malfoy was pleased for not only had her decision to take Sirius in brought to them the Black Family fortune, but it seemed that Sirius had access to exclusive knowledge and spells that was only known by the Black family's direct line. Narcissa had believed that all the knowledge was lost with the death of Uncle Orion and Regulus, but Sirius found an access to those knowledge...

"Lucius, I may have found something."

Lucius Malfoy turned around and smiled at his wife, "So what sort of magic did that brat use to take control of those creatures?"

"I do not know that, but I found some information on 'the book' that was left to Sirius."

Lucius Malfoy frowned as he struggled to remember all the ancient Black family artifacts that Sirius was allowed to keep inside his room. "The blank book?"

Nacissa smiled serenely and nodded. "The very one. It seems that only the bearer of the family ring can read it and the book contains all the memories and knowledge of our ancestors. Sirius probably learned some spells from that book."

Lucius brows furrowed as he started to make plans on taking the book away from Sirius. "So all we need to do is get the ring and book away from that brat and ..."

Narcissa raised an aristocratic eyebrow at her husband, "Unfortunately only Black family heirs can wear that ring. It is protected by an ancient magical force which would kill all those who attempted to wear it but were not designated to do so."

Lucius frowned. "You're a Black..."

"Black heirs had always been male."

Lucius Malfoy contemplated on the issue, "Draco has your blood in him..."

Nacissa glared at her husband. "I will not risk my son's life for this. That ring could very well reject and kill him."

Lucius threw his hands up in exasperation. "So why do you bother telling me this? Sirius has an access to a power that we cannot touch. What do you suggest then!"

Narcissa gave her husband a sly smile, "I think, it's about time you try to be nicer to my cousin..."

-0-

Hermione Granger was having the time of her life. Nathaniel showed her on the mechanics of Wizarding paintings. She had been amazed at the beautiful painting of the ceiling at Hogwart's Great Hall, but the ceiling was nothing compared to the quality of some of the works shown to them.

"You mean water nymphs are nothing more than a herd of kelpies in disguise?"

The artist nodded. "They were once minor magical creatures, afraid of humans who could easily overpower them."

Ron snorted. "That doesn't sound like Seidon. He's one arrogant prat who believes himself to be overly powerful and..."

Nathaniel smiled. "Yes, Aris' involvement changed the human perception of kelpies. Also the kelpie's outlook on humans as well... that which were once perceived as beautiful, shy and peaceful water nymphs, became malicious water demons."

He showed them another painting where Aris sat on a rock surrounded by water nymphs and horses; some of the nymphs morph into horses and vice versa as they appear to listen to Aris. "Aris showed the kelpies that thier strength lies from drawing power on a water source. For as long as they share a water source, the power by which they can draw upon it becomes limited or scarce."

Hermione's eyes widened, "So the herd broke up and each kelpie became solitary creatures. Because these creatures rely on the river and lakes for their power, they become over-protective of it."

Harry nodded as he thought about the time he met Seidon. "A creature that wanders alone can easily fall prey thus, a kelpie is highly vunerable when it loses it's river ... so they protect their waters jealously ..."

Nathaniel bowed his head solemnly, "They sometimes over-do it. I think you all know how the kelpies developed a penchant to drown human beings. Whence before they feared human and hid from them, with the endowment of greater strength, kelpies now views human beings as threats and drowned all in sight."

Sirius frowned. "But, Seidon never attempted to drown us."

"That's because you and Harry saved his life and later he made a deal with the Headmaster." Fred answered.

Harry defended their friend, "But, he didn't drown anyone, even when he thought Professor Dumbledore broke his word."

Nathaniel smiled. "Kelpies are just like us, some are nobler than others."

Ron grumbled. "Don't let Seidon hear that, his head is big enough as it is."

Fred and George laughed as Harry and Sirius looked at one another and grinned. They all knew that Ron found the creature to be extremely infuriating .

Hermione wished she brought a quill and parchment with her, so as to jolt down all these facts. Although she doubt that she can physically bring anything from this world back to their own.

-0-

Dark storm clouds blocked the rays of the afternoon sun, it would be raining soon. Albus Dumbledore stood by the entrance of a small Muggle cemetery. This cemetery was only a short distance away from Grimmauld Place. The Headmaster walked inside and approached a single unmarked grave. A short distance away were two other similar graves. It could be his imagination, but those two graves carry a dark aura about them whereas the one in front of him carried only melancholic despair.

He closed his eyes and quoted a line by a famous muggle writer. "The evil that man do lives after them. The good is off interred in their bones..."

This was the grave of Regulus Black. The two other unmarked graves were that of Orion and Walburga Black. Albus had to pull quite a few strings to have made this possible, but he believed that he. at least owed Regulus a proper burial. The young man would have wanted the same for his parents. A single bouquet made from poisonous flowers like azaleas, baneberries, irises, nightshades and periwinkles laid on top of Walburga Black's grave; it would seem that the old house elf was still alive and loyal.

Albus Dumbledore placed the small Slytherin prefect badge and the seal of the Order of the Phoenix on top of the grave before him, "Hello Regulus, its been long since I came by. One of these days I should bring your brother here. Yes, he's now here at this time. A child with a good heart, but is strongly misunderstood. He reminds me of you... although he does have a penchant to break rules instead of abiding by it ... no ... he's not really like you... very much to the dismay of my staff." The Headmaster chuckled lightly at the thought of all the headaches Sirius had given his professors.

"It's strange that Sirius knew some of those spells that you've shown me. Spells that cannot be found in any books. Spells that should have been lost by your demise... I wonder how he came about those knowledge."

The winds blew softly seemingly to whisper to the trees undiscernably. Albus Dumbledore sighed for he knew he could not get any answers here, his visit was purely for sentimental reason. "I wish you were still around to give light to this puzzle, you always did have this great interest on histories and mysteries; especially those that involved your family. This love for history had alway been one of the reasons as to why you and Remus got along well..."

The Headmaster thought well on this; Regulus was quite a loner, but he got along well enough with Remus Lupin and Severus Snape. It was a longshot, but the Headmaster thought that it is possible for Regulus to have said something to either men... a little piece of knowledge that could help enlighten him on this mystery. Albus Dumbledore would speak to both when he return to Hogwarts.

-0-

Fred stared at the painting in awe, "It's so hard to believe that a dark unicorn is not at all different from those silvery-white variety."

Hermione nodded knowingly, "That totally makes sense, the color and the horn shape is just a matter of a recessive gene."

Ron gave the girl a blank expression. "Recessi-what?"

All present, gave the girl an equally blank expression.

Hermione sighed and explained, "It has to do with a branch of Muggle science called 'Genetics'. Recessive genes lay dormant and will not come out unless given a rare combination. It's rare for those traits to come out dark unicorns is the effectof those recessive genes. It's very likely that the silvery variety carry the same genes to create a black unicorn, but not the right combination."

Nathaniel listened to the girl attentively and commented, "Muggle science is indeed interesting..."

Sirius decided to interrupt, before Nathaniel and Hermione go about it again. "Uh... Nathaniel? Before you and Hermione go about your lenghty discussion about magical paintings or Muggle science. Care to tell us why dark unicorns are perceived to be evil, if they were just ordinary unicorns?

Nathaniel walked over to a painting that revealed Aris shooting an arrow to kill a hunter. The hunter was targeting a dark unicorn. "People foolishly believed that dark unicorns are dark reflections of the unicorn. Aris saved Regin, a dark unicorn. He made Regin realized that he is in greater danger from human beings than those of his siblings and cousins. For the dark pigmentation made him a target, that he ought to adapt to survive."

Fred frowned, for given Aris' track record he had a bad feeling about this outcome. "Adapt?"

The next painting revealed a man walking inside a forest a bow slung casually behind him. A dark unicorn suddenly appeared out of the shadows and the man fell; he laid on the forest floor sweating and shivering. "Stealth and attack. To harm as well as heal ... Aris' lessons learned. Regin took it upon himself not only to protect his own life, but those of his complacent relatives as well..."

-0-

Draco kicked a stool angrily, for the article he sent failed to cause trouble between Potty and that idiot Sirius. He paused and smirked although he failed to cause trouble between Sirius and Potty... the Weasels are another matter entirely. Draco believed that it ought to be the right time for him to send Mama Weasel another letter. He chuckled evilly as he picked up a quill and parchment.

-0-

Nathaniel opened a door and gestured for them to enter the next room. Hermione gasped for the air felt hot and arid, she now stood in the middle of a desert. All she saw upon the distance were miles of sandy dunes; the high temperature blurred her vision and made her unable to see much in the distance. "Where are we?"

Nathaniel waved his wand and a walled city appeared. "Welcome to the ancient wizarding settlement of Wulbari. This magical city was once ruled by brothers named Guruhi and Gunab. Gunab took pride on his small herd of domesticated winged horses, he loved these horses and took them wherever he went," the artist pointed to the majestic winged horses that flew in and out of the city. "During a hunt, a small accident with a stray spell spooked the flying horse that carried Gunab, the young king fell off the spooked horse and died. Guruhi, in his anger cursed the unfortunate herd..."

Fred and George grinned. "Turned them ugly and to have a penchant for blood?"

"As well as invisible?"

Hermione glared at the twins. "Shush it you two. I want to hear Nathaniel's tale."

"Ooohhhh! Hermione likes Nathaniel!"

"Poor poor Ron ..."

Hermione has had enough of these pests, she therefore raised her wand, "Silencio!"

Fred and George opened their mouth, but no sound came out.

Ron grinned. "Way to go Granger! About time someone shut those two up."

Nathaniel raised an eyebrow an irritated frown upon his face, he was obviously displeased by the fact that his audience were not paying attention.

Sirius grinned and reassured his ancestor, "No offense Nathaniel, they're always like this. So tell us about those thestrals."

The artist looked up as the sun started to set. "I think you children ought to go back."

"Just finish your tale about the thestrals and we'll leave," Sirius pleaded.

Grey eyes stared straight at the boy. "I will finish my tale about the thestral and you, as well your friends leave and not return until you've mastered Arithmancy."

Sirius pouted. "That's boring..."

"Well then," the artist drawled, "Then you can leave and I won't have to ..."

Sirius moaned pitifully, for he saw that he had no other option. "Okay then, it's a deal."

Nathaniel nodded and led them inside the walled city. Hermione was once again amazed at the realism of the paintings. Inside they saw a small herd of skeletal black horses with glowing white eyes, bat-like wings and a dragon-like face. "This is fate of Gunab's horses. Guruhi cursed them to lose their beauty and be attracted to the smell of blood. It was a dark curse wielded with such great anger."

One of the creature attempted to drink some water from a bucket; a woman screamed and pointed towards the creature. Her husband man came out with a sword and drove the creature away. "Gunab's horses became known as thestrals.

Nathaniel opened another secret door and gestured for them to enter. They once again found themselves inside a gallery. The artist pointed them to a painting where Aris seemed to be deep in conversation with a dark haired woman. "Orunmila, was Guruhi's daughter. She took pity on the thestrals, she felt the presense of a wizard of whose power is greater than that of her father; thus she sought and found Aris."

The next painting showed Orunmila feeding the thestrals some sort of potion as well as Aris waving his staff over the herd; the thestrals then faded from sight. "Unfortunately, such a dark curse, brought about by such a deep anger cannot be reversed."

"Saddened by his failure and knowing that Orunmila cannot return to her father; also backed with the knowledge that the thestrals were domesticated horses who could not live in the wild - Aris took Orunmila and the thestrals with him. He sought a place to settle down and care for these horses, as well as his new wife. He brought them to a place north of his native Greece. There Aris realized that his attempts to cure the creatures only resulted into making the thestrals invisible to most humans; that only those who witnessed death can see the creatures. The thestrals became known as Hades' horses, an omen of death. Horses that were believed to escort souls down to the Underworld. They were very much feared by the populace. Years later, Aris started the construction of Black Isle, not only for the thestrals, but also for the other horses that he met during his travels."

Harry thought on this and asked. "Then if that's true, thestrals should have all settled on the Isle, but Hagrid said that we have a herd right here in Hogwarts."

Nathaniel smiled. "I did mentioned that Salazar Slytherin was decended from our line. He brought the thestrals to Hogwarts."

-0-

Loud crashes can be heard inside the room, Remus Lupin closed the door and winced at the thought of the disaster area that he left behind.

First, they tried all the Weasley counter solutions, but with no avail, so they tried their luck on the riddle. Flitwick was quick to figure that the riddle meant a hammer of some kind, the task of trying out each and every hammer known to Muggle and Wizard had been an extremely time consuming one. Presently, the rest of the Faculty were still chasing their quills with a sledge hammer at hand. Remus chuckled at the thought and counted himself lucky; his quills were too busy bowing thus easier to be rid off... unlike those that tailed the others... Of course, they were too busy slamming those hammer to have noticed that Remus Lupin took a few pictures.

"Remus."

"Hello Headmaster, I assume you'd like some copies. I see you've gotten rid of those quills as well."

The Headmaster smiled, "Copies?" he then noticed Remus' camera,. "Ah yes, I would love to have copies. As for my quills, I have them locked safely in a box at my office. Amazing how they modified a simple Zonko's product. It would be a shame to destroy such a quill."

Remus shook his head, he had long given up on trying to understand the Headmaster. "Something on you mind, sir?"

The Headmaster nodded. "It's best we discuss this in my office."

-0-

Harry frowned. "I don't know Sirius, I don't think Proffesor Snape would want a Puffskein as a pet."

Ron defended their idea,"But it's the easiest pet to care for and it's very affectionate."

Sirius nodded. "Unless you'd rather join Fred and George on their stupid idea..."

Harry closed his eyes and stifled a sigh for he liked Fred and George's idea less. "Why are we doing this again?"

Ron and Sirius grinned and explained in a perfect imitation of Fred and George, "Because Snivellus is such a grouch, and we believe that he only needs is someone to shower him with affection."

Harry sighed. "And thus the Puffskein?"

Sirius and Ron nodded enthusiastically.

"And how do you make sure that Snape doesn't scare it off?"

Sirius grinned. "Remember that charm we used on those bats? The one that made them follow Snivellus around?"

Harry finally relented, "Alright then, but I wonder about you Sirius. Why do you want to do something nice to Snape? I thought you'd rather torture the guy."

Sirius pretended to be hurt by Harry's insinuation, "You actually think that bullying Snivelly is all I care to do? Is it so hard to believe that I do care for that greasy-hair git's welfare?"

Harry and Ron fell off the bed laughing.

-0-

Seidon stared at the portal and frowned. He grumbled on how forgetful humans are.

"Seidon, when I asked that you keep an eye on Sirius and his friends, I did not mean this." The thestral sighed in exasperation.

The kelpie ignored her and contemplated on his next move. "Seems that 'the god' ought to give the human a little reminder."

The thestral once again tried to stop the kelpie, "Seidon... did you not agree to, 'not scare' any first years?"

The kelpie tossed his head. "I agreed to not scare them as they crossed this lake. Fear is a way to move humans, trust me on this."

The thestral sighed.

Dyrdar snorted. "Wiser beings would choose not to get involved with human affairs. And so, we see the reason as to why so many kelpies die young."

The kelpie glared at the unicorn. "Our kind grew and prospered whilst your numbers dwindled, to the point that the humans believed you to be nothing more that myths."

The two horses glared at one another as the thestral sighed. "Stop your petty squabblings. You two are acting like humans..."

-0-

Remus shook his head. "No, Regulus never told me anything ancient spells of the Blacks, but if what you say about the spell is true; then Sirius might have learned that particular spell from the ancient book, which he usually carries"

Albus Dumbledore shook his head. "Regulus told me that spells such as the one mentioned, were never written down."

Remus wondered if he should tell the Headmaster everything that Sirius told him about 'The Black Chronicles'.

-End of Chapter 15-

Facts:

1. Quill Songs: Dumbledore's - "This Old Man"; Flitwick's - "Small World"; Snape's "London Bridge"

2. Regin is a Norse name that means 'the god's power'

3. Wulbari is the supreme god of the Krachi of West Africa and not an actual city

4 . Gunab & Guruhi - are African gods of evil

5. Orunmila - African god of compassion

Author's Note:

Anyone wants to read the complete "This Old Man" song? Just ask for it. ^_^ I tried to submit it to the Poetry section, but song parodies are not allowed there. So I'll just post it on a review reply if anyone asks... ^_^

This chapter is long and serious... what do my readers say to just having some wacky fun on the next?