Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Beginning of Forever by Ronsbiggestfan09

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Note: I do not own Harry Potter, any other characters or settings. It all belongs to J.K. Rowling.



The Approaching Ball


The ball was approaching and Ron still didn’t know who his date was. Hermione, the only girl he had considered taking, already had a date, Harry. Harry Potter was Ron’s best friend, but still he was slightly jealous of Harry and upset with himself for not asking Hermione first.

Hermione was excited about the ball, and going with Harry, but she was also slightly upset. “Why didn’t Ron ask me first?” she thought to herself, “ I wish he would have.” She sighed, “ Oh well maybe next time.”

Harry was fairly excited for the ball, even though he didn’t think it was a big deal. It would be a chance to relax and hangout with his two best friends. Plus he would get to eat delicious food and listen to a great band. “This won’t be so bad, at least I have a date,” Harry chuckled.

The three friends met in the common room to talk about their plans for the ball. “ I don’t think I’m going,” Ron quietly announced.

“Why not?” Hermione questioned.

“I STILL don’t have a date, so what’s the point?” Ron said.

“Take your sister, she doesn’t have a date yet, well sure it might not be the best date but at least its someone,” Hermione offered.

“Hmmm…I guess, where is Ginny anyway?” Ron asked.

“ She’s up in the dormitory studying,” she stated, “Hold on I’ll go get her.”

~~~~

“Hey Ginny go down stairs for a second, Ron needs to talk to you.”

“Alright, I’ll be down in a minute,” Ginny mumbled tiredly.

~~~~

“What do you want Ron?”

“Come over here for a moment,” Ron said beckoning her towards the corner.

“Okay, hurry up, what do you want?” Ginny asked.

“ Well I…uh…was wondering if you would…uh…go to the Ball with me because I don’t have a date and you don’t have a date, so will you?” Ron asked hurriedly.

“I guess so,” Ginny answered.

“Really?… I mean, okay, thanks Ginny,” Ron said excitedly.

Ginny returned to her dormitory and Ron joined his friends. “Well that was easy, I guess I’m going now,” Ron declared.

“Well that’s good,” Hermione said quietly. She was glad Ron had a date but wondered why it wasn’t her. Thoughts bounced back and forth in her min. ‘Does he not like me? I always thought he did. Well I guess I’ll still have a good time with Harry.’

Ron was happy, he finally had a date, but it was his sister. Why wasn’t it Hermione? Maybe he could at least dance with her once. Ron was so mad at himself for not asking her first. ‘She probably wouldn’t have even gone with me. She’s too good for me’ he thought. “I hate being poor,” Ron mumbled out loud.

“What did you say Ron?” Hermione questioned.

“What…oh uh nothing sorry.”

“Okay well do you guys want to go down to dinner? I’m starving,” Harry asked.

“Yeah, that’s sounds good,” Ron replied.

The three walked out of the common room and towards the Great Hall. “Hey Ron is something wrong?” Hermione asked gently, “you’ve been acting kind of strange lately.”

“Oh no I’m fine thanks.” Ron said absently.

~~~~

When the three got to the Great Hall, people were already filing into the Hall. The smell of roast beef and potatoes filled the Hall. The trio found a seat at Gryffindor table next Fred and George. “Hey little brother, how you doing?” they both asked.

“Fine but I’m wicked hungry.” Ron and Harry started piling their plates full. Hermione ate hurriedly then headed off to the library, like usual.

“She is ALWAYS at the library,” Harry commented.

“ Yeah, no kidding,” Ron said, his mouth full of potatoes.

After dinner Harry and Ron went back to the common room to work on a potions essay. Later Hermione stumbled into the common room with an armful of books. Harry and Ron exchanged curious glances. “I thought these might help Harry with the tournament,” she said setting the books down on a near by table.

“Okay well anyway I’m going to bed,” Ron said through a big yawn.

“Me too,” Harry added, Trying to avoid the heap of books Hermione wanted him to read.

“Well I might as well go too.”

~~~~

The next few days were hectic as the ball approached. Girls were busy exchanging hair and makeup tips while the boys were busy talking about the girls.

The day of the ball finally came and everyone was restless. Classes were out that day, so a majority of the girls spent all day getting ready.

An hour before the ball Ron and Harry went to get dressed. Hermione and Ginny hadn’t been seen since lunch. Once they got dressed they headed towards the Entrance Hall, where they would meet the girls.

~~~~

The Entrance Hall was quiet, only a few people were there. Everyone must already be in the Great Hall they both thought.

After a few minutes Harry and Ron heard footsteps and quiet chit-chat. Ginny and Hermione soon came into view.

Ginny was wearing deep purple robes and her hair was slightly curled. Hermione was wearing dark blue robes and her hair laid casually on her shoulders. Ron noticed his mouth hanging open slightly and quickly closed it. ‘She looks beautiful’ he thought.

Harry was happy but also had something bothering him. He was a little sad he couldn’t take Ginny. Was he really that stupid? He knew Ron and Hermione liked each other. It was obvious they were suppose to be together. After knowing that he still had asked her. He didn’t know why he had asked when Ginny was the one he really had wanted to take.

“Are you ready?” Ron asked everyone.

“Yeah,” the rest said together.

And with that the four of them entered the Great Hall.





Please review!! Be gentle this is my first fic!
Chapter 2 coming very soon!!!