Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Beginning of Forever by Ronsbiggestfan09

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Yule Ball




A warm cheerfulness filled the air as they entered the hall. All regrets left their minds.

“Smells good,” Ron exclaimed, his stomach rumbling like thunder.

“Yeah, the band sounds pretty good too,” Ginny added.

“We should find a table before this place starts filling up,” Hermione said.

“Sounds good to me!” Harry said.

~~~~

They soon found a table in the corner by the band. “I’m starving!” Ron cried. They each picked up menus and ordered what they wanted. As they were finishing dinner Neville and his date wandered to their table. Neville’s date looked like a first or second year. She had short brown hair and freckles across her nose.

“Hey guys! How you doin?” Neville asked beaming, “this is my date, Amanda,” he added proudly as they headed to the dance floor. Ron laughed out loud as he pictured Neville doing the funky chicken.

“Hey, Harry would you like to dance?” Hermione asked cheerfully.

“Sure,” Harry replied.

As they were dancing Ron was watching from the table. He couldn’t help feeling jealous of Harry. Ron also noticed that Hermione was hiding something and was a little side-tracked. ‘Its probably just me though’ Ron thought.

When Harry and Hermione returned Ron gave them both a gentle smile. The band started playing a slower song. ‘This is my chance,’ thought Ron.

“Hermione, would you like to dance with me,” Ron asked shyly.

“I’d love to!”

Harry and Ginny both smiled. “Finally, Harry mouthed to Ginny.

“So…Ginny would you like to dance?”

“Oh, yeah that would be great!” Ginny exclaimed as Harry led her to the dance floor.

As Harry and Ginny waltzed around happily, they couldn’t help but notice Ron and Hermione. They were dancing closely together and a little slower than everyone else. The song ended and everyone went back to their tables. Everyone except Ron and Hermione, instead Hermione was leading Ron out in to the garden.

~~~~

“What about Har”” Ron said, but was cut off by Hermione.

“He’s fine,” she whispered as though she didn’t want to be heard. She led Ron out into the moonlight. “Ron, can I tell you something?”

“Yeah, anything.”

“Well I uh… I like you, I mean I like you,” Hermione said nervously.

“Really?” Ron said brightly.

“Really,” Hermione laughed.

“Well I like you too,” Ron said sweetly.

This is great they both thought. Ron was shocked, and was so happy Hermione actually like him, Ronald Weasley. Hermione knew it ‘My thoughts are confirmed’ she thought to herself.

Ron took Hermione’s hand and led her across the courtyard. “I never thought you liked me,” Ron said.

“What gave you that idea?”

“Well I don’t know because well because I’m…poor.”

“Oh, Ron don’t be so stupid, I don’t care how much money you have” she said, slightly laughing, “and by the way, Harry knows I like you.”

“Then how come he still asked you to the ball?” Ron asked, confused.

“Because I only just told him, and he told me he fancies Ginny by the way.”

“Really…he likes Ginny.”

“It seems as though we’ve switched dates tonight, I was hoping his would happen.” Hermione said this as though Ron had just told a very funny joke. It seemed as though Hermione was in a very good mood.

“Your so beautiful,” Ron said as he looked into Hermione’s eyes. Ron put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She looked up into his eyes. He bent down and kissed he gently on the lips. The kiss seemed to last forever, they finally broke apart and smiled.

It was getting colder and the wind was picking up. The couple decided to go back to the castle. Hand in hand Ron and Hermione walked back to the castle.



I'm working on Chapter 3!!! It will be here soon, but in the mean time please review my story!!!!