Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hermione Granger and the Love Potion by hermione4harry

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all it’s characters, settings and all that junk belong to the unbelievably talented JK Rowling.

Chapter One.

“Hermione, can you help me with this?” Parvati asked. She sat cross-legged in front of a bubbling cauldron in the middle of the girl’s dormitory early Saturday morning.

Hermione lay on her stomach doing her homework for Ancient Runes. She gazed at Parvati, a confused look on her face, “I didn’t think we had Potions homework,” she replied, getting up from her bed.

Parvati flushed slightly, “It’s a little something I’m testing,” she said, handing Hermione a book.

Hermione glanced at the cover, Potions for Everyday. She opened it to the page the pretty brunette had it book marked to, “The love potion” Hermione read quietly and stared at her friend, “Those aren’t allowed.”

“I know,” Parvati said, rolling her eyes, “But everyone tries it out at least once, and I just wanted to see if I could make it.”

Hermione stared at her again, unsure of what to do.

“Come on Hermione,” she pleaded, “Please?”

Hermione sighed, “All right.” She helped Parvati put the ingredients in, making sure to stir when the potion required.

“So, how does this one work?” Hermione asked as she stirred three times clockwise.

“The intended victim,” Parvati paused, giggling, “takes a sip and the first girl he sees he’ll fall in love with. It doesn’t last though, just about a month, but by that time, the intended victim will usually be so wrapped up in the girl that they usually just continue with the relationship.”

Hermione snorted, “That sounds ridiculous. Who would want someone to love them when they actually don’t?”

“Well, it’s just to give him a little nudge. I know he likes me, I think he’s just too shy to come forward.”

Hermione smiled, “I knew you had someone in mind. It should be done soon. It has to simmer for an hour. I’ll be in the library.”


Hermione headed out to the library, thinking about what her friend was up to. It was still ridiculous. Hermione firmly believed that if it were meant to be, it would happen.

She sat in the library for some time, concentrating on the parchment in front of her. This was Hermione’s playground, for now. She would rather enjoy a good book, and learn new things than have a boyfriend. Maybe eventually, but she was concentrating on school right now.


Harry and Ron came in to keep her company for a while. Ron hopelessly tried to engage Harry in a discussion about Quidditch, while working on their homework.

“The first game against Hufflepuff should be a breeze,” Ron said smiling.

“Yeah,” Harry replied distracted. Hermione noticed the faraway look on his face. Ever since they started their sixth year just two weeks ago, Harry had been this way. He refused to open up to his two best friends and in a way, Hermione understood. The death of his godfather had taken a toll on him and she was sure that being stuck at the Dursleys for the whole summer was a horrible experience. She starred at Harry over her books, pitying him. She hoped that he would open up to them soon.

Harry caught her eye and she smiled at him, but it was unreturned and she frowned at him when he looked away. He hadn’t smiled much recently and Hermione missed it.


“Harry?” she said, interrupting Ron.

He returned his gaze to her, but didn’t say anything.

She reached out and touched his arm, “Are you alright?” she asked soothingly.

His eyes flicked to Ron, who also looked expectantly at Harry, “I’m fine,” he grumbled.

“Really Harry, you can talk to us,” Ron added.

“Please Harry…”

“No, Hermione, Ron, I’m fine,” Harry looked away from them, and started gathering his things. Without another word, he left them. Hermione arose from her seat to follow him, but Ron stopped her.

“Leave him be, he’ll tell us when he’s ready.”

Hermione sighed, she wasn’t going to last much longer. She wanted Harry back.


When Ron left for lunch, Hermione stayed in the library, still worried about Harry, but trying to concentrate on her homework. She had only written two more sentences when Ginny burst into the library. She ran straight to Madam Pince, the librarian.

“Miss Weasley, this is a library,” Madam Pince warned in a harsh whisper.

“I’m so sorry,” Ginny replied, breathlessly, “I need to find Hermione, it’s urgent.”

“Well, you’ve come to the right place,” the librarian replied, pointing over to Hermione, who smiled and waved at Ginny.

Her smile faded at the look Ginny gave her.

“You have to come quick,” Ginny said, forcing her to stand by pulling on her sleeve.

“Why?” Hermione replied as she hastily gathered her things.

“Parvati made a love potion and she’s looking for Harry, we’ve got to find him first!”

“What?!” Hermione practically screamed, receiving a dirty look from Madam Pince, then more quietly asked “How did you find out?”

“Parvati told Lavender, who told Susan,” Ginny rushed to explain, but sighed, “Oh who cares how I found out, let’s go.”

The two girls rushed out of the library. Ginny went to search the Great Hall and Hermione made her way to the Gryffindor common room.

Ron sat at one of the back tables, but he was alone.

“Ron, where’s Harry?” Hermione asked.

“Up in the dorm,” Ron replied, “You’d be the second person to ask, what’s up?”

“Who was the first?” Hermione asked, praying Parvati hadn’t reached him first.

“Parvati just went up there two minutes ago,” Ron replied, “She wouldn’t tell me why she…”

“Oh no!” Hermione cried and dashed up the stairs towards the boys’ dormitory before she could hear the last of Ron’s sentence.



When she reached the sixth year dorm, the door was ajar. She saw Harry holding a cup of tea to his lips and burst into the room.

“Harry, don’t,” Hermione rushed out breathlessly.

Harry swallowed looking confused at Hermione.

“No Harry, look at me,” Parvati said forcefully.

Harry’s eyes flicked between the two of them as Ron burst into the room behind Hermione. A dazed expression came upon Harry’s face.

“Harry, did you drink any?” Hermione asked.

“Yes,” he replied, dazed.

“Parvati, how could you?” Hermione screamed as she turned to her.

“I told you I just wanted to nudge him along. He likes me and you know it.”

“No he doesn’t. Harry has enough on his mind without you around!” Hermione screamed, anger rising, “He needs to concentrate on his studies among other things!”

“I can help him get through it, he needs me,” Parvati said through clenched teeth.

“He doesn’t want you and you only want him because he’s famous, you’d never even talk to him if he wasn’t!” Hermione yelled.


“’Mione, love, don’t yell,” Harry said, moving towards Hermione. He put his hand out and gently touched her face.

Hermione’s mouth fell open in shock, “Oh no, Harry. I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry for what sweetheart?” he asked, stroking her cheek.


“Way to go Hermione!” Parvati cried, tears welling up in her eyes, “You know, Cho Chang was right. You would do anything to stop Harry from seeing someone else because you love him!” She ran from the room.

Ron looked bewildered, “What’s going on?”

“Parvati gave him a love potion, and he saw me first, so he loves me,” Hermione explained sadly. She never meant for that to happen.

“Do you love me?” Harry asked.

Hermione paused not knowing what to say, her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

“Of course she does,” Ron jumped in.

“W-What?” Hermione stammered and she shot him a look.

“Excuse us Harry,” Ron said, tugging on Hermione’s shirt. They moved out of earshot.


“What are you doing?” Ron asked.

Hermione stared at him.

“This is the perfect opportunity to see what’s wrong with him and you’re going to blow it!”

“I can’t do this to him Ron,” Hermione said, struggling. It was a good idea, but Harry had to tell them on his own terms, “Why don’t we just tell a teacher or find the counter potion.”

“That’s right, tell a teacher or consult a book. You’re so typical,” Ron said, angrily, “I don’t know about you, but my best friend has gone through so much and now he won’t let us help him. I’m at my last resort Hermione.”

Hermione sighed, “You’re right. I just want Harry back and if this is what it takes, alright, I’ll do it.”

Harry came up from behind her and circled his arms around her waist. Hermione blushed a deep red feeling the heat of his body against hers. She’d never been held in such a way before.

“I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone,” Ron said, smiling at Hermione, who shot him a dirty look.


Once they were alone, Hermione turned in Harry’s arms to face him and did the only thing she could think of. She placed her arms around his neck. He stared lovingly at her, which made her a little nervous, but only because she had never had someone look at her like that. It was actually amazing.


“Will you come to dinner in Hogsmeade with me tonight?” Harry asked, “To celebrate our love, of course.”

“We can’t tonight Harry, we’re not allowed out of the castle,” Hermione said.

“Please, I have so much I want to talk to my girlfriend about. I love you so much, I can’t keep anything from you,” Harry said, adoringly.

That answered it for Hermione. She agreed, but only for the sake of finally getting to hear what was bothering Harry.

“How will we get out?” Hermione asked.

“With the invisibility cloak,” Harry explained, “Then we can fly on my Firebolt.”

Hermione groaned. She hated flying.

“Do you trust me?” Harry asked, fully aware of Hermione’s feelings of flying.

“Yes, completely,” Hermione answered.

Harry planted a quick kiss on her cheek, which made Hermione blush more, if that was possible.

“How soon can you be ready?” Harry asked, excitedly.

“An hour?”

“Sounds good,” Harry replied.


Hermione pulled reluctantly from his grasp. It had felt so warm and inviting in Harry’s arms.


“Oh no, Hermione, this is just about friendship,” she told herself as she walked down the stairs from the boys dormitory.

Once in the common room, she was bombarded with questions from both Ron and Ginny, who had just been clued in on what had happened.

“So?” Ron asked.

“We’re going out on a date. I think he’s going to tell me what’s on his mind.”

“Where you going?” Ginny asked, excitedly.

“Into Hogsmeade.”

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Ron asked.

“I’m fine. I think you’re right, Ron. I’ll do what I have to, for Harry.”

Both grinned widely at her.

“Okay, I know what you’re thinking,” Hermione scolded, “And don’t even say a word. Harry and I are not in love. This is just some potion.”

“We know,” they said at the same time.


Hermione went up to her dormitory, where she found Parvati on her bed crying.

“Parvati, I’m so sorry,” Hermione said,
approaching her bed.

Parvati turned her tear stained face towards Hermione, “No, you’re right. I shouldn’t have done what I did. If Harry had liked me, he wouldn’t have looked away from me.”

“But I didn’t mean for him to look at me, I’m just upset you did that,” Hermione explained, sitting on the side of Parvati’s bed, “With this whole second war thing happening and V-Voldemort, I just don’t think it was a good time to be doing that.”

Parvati cringed at the name, “I know Hermione. I just wanted Harry to be mine,” she said sadly, “ I thought he would ask me to be his girlfriend after the Yule Ball and when he didn’t I thought he was just shy. When he broke it off with Cho last year, I was hoping it was because he wanted to go out with me.”

Hermione smiled sadly at her, “Well, at least you know now, right?”

“Yeah,” she said, her face scrunching to fight off a fresh wave of tears.


They sat it silence for a few minutes.

“I guess there’s someone else I could try that potion on,” Parvati said, slyly.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? I thought you liked Harry?”

“Yeah, well, I liked them both, but since Harry’s in love with you now, I should try the other.”

“Dare I ask who?”

“I’m not telling. Wouldn’t want you to barge your way into the room again.”

Hermione sighed. It wouldn’t be worth trying to talk her out of it and besides, she had a date to get ready for.


Hermione dressed into a pair of black casual pants and a light blue sweater. She wanted to look nice for their date. Technically speaking, it would be Hermione’s first date and if it wasn’t going to be with a boyfriend, she was glad it was with her best friend. She fixed her hair and applied a touch of makeup, then went down to the common room to meet Harry.