Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hermione Granger and the Love Potion by hermione4harry

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Two.

“You look beautiful ‘Mione,” Harry said, when she entered the almost empty common room.

Hermione blushed and took Harry’s hand. Together they walked out through the portrait hole and down into the Entrance hall.

When the coast was clear, Harry slipped the invisibility cloak over the two of them and they snuck outside of the castle, walking silently to the entrance gates. It was twilight and the stars were just coming out. Once outside the grounds, Harry took off the cloak and got onto his Firebolt, motioning for Hermione to get on in front of him.

She sighed and got on, Harry holding her tight around the waist. They soared high into the sky. Hermione closed her eyes tightly, feeling the wind on her face.

“I’ve always wanted to fly with you,” Harry said into her ear.

Hermione opened her eyes and looked down, they were really high and her stomach somersaulted.

“Oh, Harry, I feel sick,” she said.

Harry held tighter, “Don’t look down, look around. The treetops and the clouds are right at your fingertips Hermione. I would take you to the stars if I could.”

Hermione looked around. As sick as she felt, the view was breathtaking and the nausea that threatened its way into her throat receded.

“You’ve really wanted to fly with me before?” Hermione asked curiously. She wasn’t sure how this potion worked. Something she would have to read up on. How could Harry say that he always wanted to do this with her if he just fell in love with her today?

“Yes, Hermione.”


Before landing in Hogsmeade, Harry took her high into the sky. She actually enjoyed flying with him. She felt free.

Hopping off the broomstick, she hoped Harry would bring her riding again.

“Where are we going to eat?” Hermione asked, taking Harry’s arm.

“I was hoping we could go to the Italian restaurant, down the street from Zonko’s.”

“Oh Harry, that’s expensive…” Hermione started to say.

“Don’t even think about it,” Harry cut in, “I’ve inherited the whole Black fortune and estate. My godfather left it all to me.”

Hermione looked at him shocked. She had never known what had happened to Harry during the summer. She and Ron had written to Harry so many times, but all they ever received in reply were short unconvincing letters that he was doing fine.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before. It’s just that I don’t want it. I want Sirius back,” Harry said sadly, tears welling up in his eyes. He swiped at them, and cleared his throat, “Listen, we’ll talk about everything later, for now I want to enjoy you and your company.”


Hermione smiled cautiously and Harry returned it.


Harry held back nothing when they ordered and told Hermione to do the same. She tried to complain, but Harry wouldn’t hear it.

“I’ll start with a caesar salad and garlic bread, then the fettuccine alfredo, with cherry cheesecake for dessert,” Harry told the waiter.

“And for the miss,” Henry the waiter said, turning to Hermione.

“That actually sounds really good, I’ll have the same,” Hermione replied.

“Excellent,” Henry replied, taking their menus. He froze as he was taking Harry’s menu, his eyes moved to his forehead and a look of recognition flickered on his face.

Harry shifted uncomfortably.

“I’m sorry Mr. Potter, how rude of me,” Henry said turning away from the two and rushing off with their order.


“I really hate when people do that,” Harry whispered.

“You must be used to it by now, no?”

“Well, I suppose.”

The waiter returned with two half glasses of red wine and leaned in close.

“I won’t tell if you won’t. These are on the house from the owner. He is so honoured to have Harry Potter in his restaurant.”

“Please send our thanks to the owner,” Hermione smiled.

The waiter gave a formal little bow and left the two alone again.


Hermione cast a long look around her. It was a cozy rustic restaurant with wood panelling on the walls and a large fireplace on the far wall. It had a large aquarium, which they were seated in a booth beside, where large tropical fish swam.

“What a lovely place!” Hermione beamed at Harry, who had been staring at her the whole time. Hermione was a little uncomfortable with all the attention Harry was giving her. It wasn’t something she was used to. A thought struck her then, that this date may lead to a kiss and she got worried. Harry was her best friend. She didn’t want to lead him on like this, especially since he was under a spell.

Hermione considered telling him the truth and figuring out the counter spell, but then remembered what Ron had said. Harry had already told her that he had inherited the Black fortune and she really wanted Harry to open up to her and tell her what was wrong.


“How have your classes been ‘Mione?” Harry asked, trying to make small talk.

“Wonderful Harry, I was so happy to get all my OWLS and to hear you got all yours!” Hermione replied, grateful to Harry for making conversation.

“Yeah, I don’t think I would have done so well, if my name wasn’t Harry Potter,” he said glumly.

“Oh Harry, that’s not true, I think you’re brilliant. Just look at what we did with the DA! Those students looked up to you.”

“I couldn’t have done it without you. I always wanted to tell you that.”

Hermione blushed, unsure of whether it was the spell talking, or Harry. Either way, she was happy to hear it.


They enjoyed dinner, making small talk. The waiter brought them half glasses of wine whenever their glass was empty. By the end of dinner, Hermione felt flushed from the alcohol and scolded herself inwardly. She was supposed to talk to Harry after dinner about his problems, and now she was all giggly. She was having such a good time, she didn’t want it to end.

Harry paid the bill and they left, Hermione clutching Harry’s arm tightly. They both laughed and talked happily as they walked toward the castle.

“Let’s go flying,” Hermione giggled.

“You sure?” Harry asked.

“Yes.”

They both mounted the Firebolt and shot towards the starry sky once again.


Hermione didn’t feel sick like she had earlier. She was with the stars. Harry circled the castle and headed towards the tall mountaintops that surrounded Hogwarts. He landed softly and they both got off. Hermione was cold, so Harry wrapped the invisibility cloak around her. Half her body disappeared and they both burst out with laughter again.

Hermione laughed so hard she was almost crying. When she wiped her eyes, she noticed Harry was really close to her. He had taken a seat right beside her and his face was drawing near to hers. Hermione swallowed hard, gazing unblinkingly into Harry’s eyes. Everything around them became a blur as his face inched closer and closer. Time slowed.

He kissed her softly on the lips. Fireworks exploded in Hermione’s belly as his face retreated. It was retreating. Oh no, she thought, It can’t be leaving. She pulled Harry close again and kissed him.

“You taste like cherries,” Harry said when he finally pulled away.

Hermione giggled, “That was nice Harry.”

“Nice, eh?”

“Yeah, nice.”

Harry put an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

He stared straight ahead and Hermione could tell he was thinking about something.

She cleared her throat, but didn’t want to rush Harry into spilling out everything that was going on in his head. She decided to start on what he had already told her.

“So, you inherited the Black fortune? Sirius must have really loved you.”

“Yes, he did. And I killed him.”

“No Harry, you didn’t.”

“But I did, Hermione. I was tricked by Voldemort into thinking he was in the Department of Mysteries. I led everyone there, into a trap because I was too stubborn to check and make sure.”

“You did check, Harry. This is not your fault. Kreacher told you Sirius was gone, he lied, Harry. If I were in your situation, I would have done the same. This all comes down to Voldemort. He is responsible. Him and his followers, not you,” Hermione argued, lifting her head off his shoulder. She looked him directly in the eye.

“If you were in my position, you would have went straight for a teacher or someone from the Order. You’re smart Hermione. You wouldn’t have led your friends into a trap. What if one of you had died? Your lives haven’t even been lived yet. I could never have lived with myself if you or Ron, Ginny or Neville, or even Luna died that night.”

Hermione rubbed his back, patiently listening to him, “Harry this is all about Voldemort and his Death Eaters. This is not your fault. We chose to follow you that day because we all love you Harry and we’ll always be there for you.”

Tears streamed down Harry’s face and Hermione brushed them away.

“I’ve had a long time to think about this ‘Mione. I spent the whole summer telling myself I was a bad person. I needed your comfort but I pushed it away.”

“I’m glad you’re telling me now. Thank you.”

“I’d do anything for you,” Harry said, then paused, “There’s one more thing I want you to know.”

“What Harry?”

“I’m going to be a murderer.”

Hermione gasped, “W-What?” That was unexpected.

“Do you remember the prophecy?”

“Yes, it was smashed though. I thought you never found out what it said.”

“Dumbledore was there when the prophecy was made. He recited it to me, word for word. Professor Trelawny made it, the night she was hired. Dumbledore said she went into a trance, like the one I witnessed third year. She said that at the end of July a baby would be born to parents who have defied the dark lord three times, me. It said that I would have powers the dark lord knows not and either of us must die because one cannot live while the other survives.”

Hermione’s mouth opened in shock. This is what Harry was so upset about. He would either be murdered or become a murderer.

“Oh, Harry, that’s awful,” Hermione said, drawing him into her embrace. She rubbed his back, his head on her shoulder.

“I don’t want to die,” he mumbled into her sweater.

“You won’t die. Like you said. You’re going to be a murderer and that would be okay, you know. You wouldn’t be murdering innocence like Voldemort has done so many times. You’d be ridding the world of a horrifying evil. One that would destroy everything without a second look. And you’d never be alone Harry. You have an army of people behind you.”

“I can’t have that Hermione. I don’t want to lose anyone else.”

“It’s a price we’re willing to pay. This isn’t just for your friends. It’s for their families and the generations to come.”

Harry sighed and looked into Hermione’s eyes. He kissed her lightly again.

“Thank you for listening to me,” Harry said, and glanced at his watch, “We should be heading back soon. Wouldn’t want to get my prefect in trouble.”

Hermione took his hand and he helped her up.

“It will be faster if we just fly with the invisibility cloak on and land in the highest tower.”

Hermione agreed and they both got on. Harry flew straight for the astronomy tower. Once inside, they crept back to the Gryffindor common room under the invisibility cloak.

Harry walked Hermione to the stairs of the girls’ dormitory where he kissed her goodnight. Hermione threw her arms around him and hugged him. She’d never had so much fun.

“Harry, will you tell Ron what you told me tonight?” she asked, still hugging him.

“Yes, I was hoping you would be there with me to tell him,” Harry replied.

“Of course I will, Harry.”

“I love you.”

Now Hermione knew that was the spell talking, so she played along to not hurt his feelings, “I love you too.” It wasn’t a total lie. Hermione loved him like a best friend.

As she took the stairs, she wondered if that were true. She had kissed Harry and it felt amazing.