Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Marauder's Tale: Rebel by SiriuslyPadfoot12

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Is she dreaming what I'm thinking?
Is she the mother of all bombs, gonna detonate?
Is she trouble like I'm trouble?
Make it a double twist of fate
Or a melody that...


“Earth to Prongs. Earth to Prongs. Do you copy? I repeat, do you copy?”

I groaned and touched my forehead. My whole head throbbed. I felt as if my brain had swelled to twice its normal size. Even with the steady ringing in my ears, I could still recognize that voice.

“Sirius, what are you on about?” I croaked.

“I dunno,” Sirius said, throwing himself down on the couch beside me. I groaned when he caused the cushion to bounce. “Remus said it to me once.”

“What happened to me?” I demanded, sitting up and immediately wishing I hadn’t.

“You ran headlong into Bertram Aubrey. He cursed you with the same hex we used on him last year, the no-brained little“”

“So what did he do to me?” I interjected.

“Oh, he said a spell to make your head twice its size and it knocked you out.”

What?” I demanded, sitting bolt upright. I felt my head with my hands.

“Don’t worry, mate. I brought you to Moony and he set you right. He laughed the whole time. Said it was fitting.”

“Ha, ha, ha,” I muttered. I swung my legs off the couch and leaned forward, rubbing my head with my hands. “It feels like a hippogriff sat on my head.”

“You head looked like a balloon after Snape was done with it.”

“Shut up, Sirius,” I growled.

“You should have seen it! It“”

“I said shut up!” I yelled.

His mouth snapped shut and he grinned evilly. I rolled my eyes at him and sighed. “What do girls see in you?”

Looking highly affronted, he replied, “They see nothing in me. They just like to see me. You know. Like my pretty face.”

I opened my mouth to retort, changed my mind when a certain person entered the room, and closed it.

“Evans!” I cried, leaping to my feet. I staggered drunkenly across the common room toward her. “Evans! You came to see me! I knew you cared!”

She narrowed her eyes. “I didn’t come to see you,” she said, exasperated. “I came because I would like to go to bed.”

“With me? Well, that was a little fast, I must say, but I’ll gladly accept“”

Stars exploded in my eyes. I reeled backward with a cry. Pain seared in my cheek. The solid crack of her hand against my face seemed to echo through the common room. I landed on the floor and glanced up at her, hurt.

“That wasn’t necessary,” I mumbled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Remus, Sirius, and Peter sniggering behind their hands. I would get them later. Possibly in their sleep.

Lily flounced up the steps to the girls’ dormitory. I watched her go. Already a plan was manifesting in the back of my mind. An insane grin split across my face. She didn’t know what was coming to her, and when it happened she wouldn’t know what hit her.

She sings the revolution,
The dawning of our lives.
She brings this liberation that I just can't define.
Well, nothing comes to mind!


My alarm shrieked in my head. I groaned softly and hit it with my fist. It croaked one last time and faded to silence.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, glaring at the clock. Remus had given it to me as a joke three years ago and I had never used it. It was a “silent” alarm, which rang only for its owner. It must have worked really well for married couples.

It was six o’clock in the morning. Long ago, I had sworn never to see this ungodly hour, but for Lily I would do anything. She usually went to the Great Hall at this time in order to avoid me.

I pulled on my robes as I sprinted down the stairs. My bare feet pounded heavily against the floor. Lily“who had already cleared have the common room“glanced up at the sound. Our eyes locked for a long moment.

She paled. “Oh no,” she muttered to herself, and began to run across the common room.

“Wait!” I yelped. I tripped over the hem of my robes and stumbled across the room. My staggering path put me directly into Lily’s way. We collided and we both went down.

“Er... hello, Evans,” I grunted. I was positioned so that I was half sprawled on top of her. I grinned down apologetically.

With a growl, she threw me off her. I landed on my back with a grunt. She scrambled to her feet and shoved the portrait hole open.

“Evans, wait!” I yelled, darting after her.

She ignored me and strode down the corridor, nose held high. I scampered to her side and asked in a wheedling voice, “Will you go out with me, Evans?”

She arched a perfect brow. “How many times have you asked me this?” she asked without breaking stride.

“Er...” I held my fingers out and pretended to count on them. “A lot?”

“And what have I told you every time you asked?”

“Er... no?”

“That would be correct.”

“The thing is, Evans, I know why you wouldn’t go out with me before.”

“Oh?” she stopped and looked at me. Something of a smirk played across her lips. “And why is that?”

“It’s because you’re scared.”

That struck a chord. Her face reddened in anger. She swelled with indignity. “I am not afraid to go out with you, James Potter.”

“Then that would be... what? A yes?”

“No“I never said“”

“Oh, I see,” I said, grinning brilliantly. “You’re still afraid. Well, when you get over it, do tell me...”

She sputtered. “No... I’m not afraid... I mean...” She trailed off.

“Then why won’t you go out with me?” I asked, innocently enough.

“Because you’re a pompous, big-headed swine who thinks he’s all that because he can fly a broom in a straight line.”

I winced. “Now that’s going a little overboard.”

She smiled, thinking she had won.

“Evans?”

“What?”

“I dare you to go out with me this Friday.”

This was followed by a long silence. I could almost see the gears in her mind working. She opened her mouth and closed it, as if she had thought better of it. “No,” she said after a long while.

I shrugged nonchalantly. “I knew you would be too afraid to do it.”

She flared her nostrils and narrowed her eyes at me. Her throat worked. I watched a blush mantle in her cheeks with growing satisfaction.

“Fine,” she uttered finally.

My heart soared. I grinned at her in wild delight. “Friday... that’s tomorrow. I’ll see you at eight on the Quidditch pitch?”

“Fine,” she repeated numbly. She sounded as if she didn’t quite believe what she had done.

“It’s a date.”

I jerked when I heard a very familiar scream rise in the Gryffindor tower behind me. This was joined at once by two others. I took Lily’s hand and kissed the back of it suavely.

“And now I must take my leave, dearest,” I said, and took off laughing down the corridor.

A/N: Okay! Hope you enjoyed verses 3 and 4, perhaps even more than 1 and 2. 5 and 6 are on the way! ~*~Mischief Managed~*~