Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Marauder's Tale: Rebel by SiriuslyPadfoot12

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She sings the revolution,
The dawning of our lives.
She brings this liberation that I just can't define.
Well, nothing comes to mind!


“That was a little harsh, Prongsie,” Sirius muttered as he sat down beside me.

“Come off it, Padfoot,” I said with a roll of my eyes. “I turned your hair florescent orange. It wasn’t a big deal.”

“With blue stripes,” he said reproachfully. “You wound me.”

Peter slouched in his seat. He piled bacon on his plate until it was roughly the size of a small mountain and glared at it dejectedly. He was waiting for me to apologize.

Right. Like that was going to happen.

“What’s wrong with you today, my darling little ray of sunshine?” I asked cheerily through a mouthful of eggs. It sprayed across the table. Remus drew back in disgust.

“Bugs,” he muttered, shuddering. “A load of them. In my bed. Squirming, and crawling, all over me...”

“What bad luck,” I replied lightly, a smug grin firmly in place.

If looks could kill, I would have gone to the Hospital Wing in a matchbox.

Remus waved his fork at me. “You should be glad I know the spell to fix my books. It would have been murder if I hadn’t.”

My eyebrows shot up. “First of all“you, murder me? I think not. And I knew you knew that spell. Otherwise I wouldn’t have torn all the pages out of your books and stuffed them under your comforter. I’m only that evil when I’m pranking Snivellus.”

“Speaking of Snivellus...” Sirius cast a sidelong glance at the Slytherin table.

I grinned at him. “Anything in mind?” I asked.

Remus looked up at us over the top of his book. A bit of a smile played on his mouth. “Being Head Boy, you should know that’s not allowed.”

My eyebrows went up.

His grin got wider. He shut the book lightly and scrupulously placed his utensils on his napkin. “Am I stopping you?” he asked, flashing his longer-than-normal eyeteeth at me.

“I was thinking some Veritaserum in the goblet,” Sirius replied.

“Veritaserum?” I repeated, gaping.. “Where’d you get you that?”

“Nicked it. Professor Contula just adores me,” he drawled. “She just got out of Hogwarts last year. She turns a blind eye on me. You know she does.”

I grinned. I remembered Professor Contula from the year before“except, then she called herself Penny. Penelope Contula had been a Ravenclaw student at the top of her year. She was brilliant in Potions. Sirius had told me she was also a brilliant kisser.

“I always thought professors had to go to some sort of school before they could teach,” piped Peter from across the table.

“Since when did good old Dumbledore follow the rules?” I shot back.

Peter bit his lip to hide a grin.

“Don’t look now, Prongs, but Evans is headed towards the table,” Sirius muttered, busying himself with his bacon.

I leapt to my feet and whirled around, a large grin on my face. She scowled fiercely at me. It deepened when I threw my arms open wide and said, “My darling!”

She stopped in front of me and hissed, “Don’t call me that. I don’t want everyone to know about it.”

Remus’ books was suddenly up again, but he wasn’t reading. His eyes focused on the page but I didn’t see them move. He firmly held his goblet in one hand. Sirius didn’t even feign not paying attention; he leaned forward, chin propped on his hands, and listened intently. Peter tried, and failed miserably.

She glared at the lot of them. “You haven’t told them yet?” she demanded.

“Not yet,” I said with a cheery smile. “But I was going to.”

“Tell us what?” Sirius asked, perking up. Remus rolled his eyes and chugged his pumpkin juice.

I took Lily’s hand with a flourish. “We’re engaged!”

Pumpkin juice sprayed across the table. Remus sputtered. He bent over double, coughing and laughing at the same time. Sirius thumped him on the back a couple of times. Peter moaned and looked down at his wet robes.

“Like that’ll ever happen,” Sirius muttered softly, but loud enough for me to hear.

Lily yanked her hand back. “It’s one date, not marriage,” she sniffed.

“You never know,” I said testily.

“Not in a million years,” she said firmly. She cast me a glare that could’ve melted stone. However, over the years, I had grown impervious to this. I grinned suavely at her.

“Tomorrow night. Eight o’clock. Be there,” I told her.

She nodded curtly and flounced away. I stared off after her, beaming. “Isn’t she beautiful when she’s angry?”

“To each his own,” Sirius shot back with a smug grin.

I glared at him.

“At least he doesn’t chase down every good-looking girl in the school,” Remus said. He didn’t bother to look up from his book.

“That’s because Prongs, here, knows he can get every good-looking girl in the school,” Sirius replied loftily. “He’s got a ‘wants-what-he-can’t-have’ complex.”

“I do not,” I said indignantly.

“Actually...” Peter said, biting back a grin.

“You hate me. You all do.”

“So you’re going to try and date us next?” Sirius asked. “Because I’m sorry, James, but you just aren’t handsome enough.”

Peter giggled.

I threw a roll at him. He ducked it and laughed. “Sensitive Prongs,” he chuckled, returning to his food once more.

Remus shut his book with a snap. “I’m going to run to the library before class,” he said, glancing at his watch. “There’s something I wanted to look at.”

Sirius winced. “And you claim to be the sane one.”

Remus opened his mouth. The bell cut off what he was about to say. He sighed. “Guess I’m not going, then,” he said. “Happy now, Padfoot?”

“Extremely.”

I nearly skipped to class. The girl of my dreams was going on a date with me, after six years of rejection. I mentally patted myself on the back.

“Good work, James,” I muttered to myself. “Good work.”

A/N: Verse 5 was a LOT longer than I thought it was going to be. So. Er. I sent it in, because you all must be anxious to find out what happens next. Forgive me for being so long; I had finals. Surely you can find space in your hearts?

And on a tangent, I found the perfect picture of Lily and James, as portrayed in my story. I can't say it belongs to me; it belongs to Tina Lynn. You can find her work at http://tinaling.ca/mwppmap/. However, the picture can be found at this link: http://tinaling.ca/mwppmap/art1/angryatjames.html

Stick around for Verse 6, and maybe Verse 7, which will both be about "THE DATE"!