Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Revenge of Mary Sue by Hallie Black

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Okay this is it, the final chapter. Sorry it took so long to update!! Enjoy!

“The plan wasn’t safe, Master,” said a melodious voice. “Potter suspects me…”

Someone laughed. “So? Just because he suspects you, that doesn’t mean he’ll ever think of me.” The voice then sounded more strained. Bitter, almost. “He never thinks of me. He’d think of anyone, or anything, even Lord Voldemort, I’m sure, but he’ll never think of me. In any way…”

“Don’t worry, Master, we’ll make him pay. After all, we’ve both been way too ignored… in one way or another.”

“Yes, Sue, you’re right. We have been. Now let’s get on to plan B, shall we?”




That night, in their magenta dormitory, Harry couldn’t sleep. “You know, Ron, maybe you were right. Maybe the color-change our walls have gone through was just a silly joke. Nothing to worry about…”

“Yeah,” answered Ron.

“And I’m sure that Mary Sue, as perfect as she is, wasn’t really aiming at me when she hit me with the Furnunculus Curse in Filch’s class…”

“Of course she didn’t do it on purpose!”

“And in Potions, I’m sure it was all an accident when my potion suddenly exploded. Lucky I had gone over to help Neville, really, because Hermione told me that potion could have been lethal when exposed to human skin…”

“Definitely.”

“Although I wonder, is it really normal for Cho Chang to be completely bald?”

“Oh that,” answered Ron. “Oh yeah, that’s nothing to worry about. Chang just got the receiving end of one of Ginny’s hair loss curses.”

Harry frowned. “Why would your sister want to put hair loss curses on people? I mean, I understand the whole Memory Charm issue with Dean, but hair loss ?”

“Oh no, it’s just in that last Quidditch match Ravenclaw “ Gryffindor, Ginny was looking for the Snitch, you know? Well, she had all her hair in front of her eyes and couldn’t see a thing. So she wanted to trim it a bit but then a Bludger came her way and she involuntarily aimed her wand at Cho…”

”Yeah, well, she should have just trimmed her hair, shouldn’t she?”

“Come on, Harry, you know Ginny. She just got a bit overexcited, that’s all. And, anyway, the important thing is that Gryffindor won.”

“Hard to lose, really, if Cho was looking for her hair rather than the Snitch,” concluded Harry. “Okay then. ‘Night, Ron.”

“Night.”




But throughout that whole week, Harry had come to realize that something had to be wrong. All sorts of accidents seemed to happen to him, and every time something did happen, Mary Sue was always around. Could Hermione have been right about her all along?

“I wouldn’t be surprised,” said Hermione haughtily, answering his unasked question. “I’m always right. Especially when it comes to face trouble. Who was it in our first year who was sure it wasn’t Snape who wanted to kill Harry?”

“You,” chorused Harry and Ron.

“And who, in our second year, had realized what beast was wandering around the school?”

“You did.”

“And who was the one who told you Sirius was okay and that you shouldn’t trust your dreams, Harry?”

“You did.”

“It’s all your fault Sirius died, by the way.”

“Thanks Hermione for reminding me.”

“Not a problem.”

Ron spoke up. “So, we agree that it’s gotta be Mary Sue behind all the stuff that’s been happening to Harry, right? Oh yeah,” he added, looking at Hermione’s venomous glare, “and we all agree that Hermione was right all along?”

“We do,” answered Harry.

“So, what’ll we do about it?” asked Ron.

“Harry,” said Hermione, “you’re going to have to confront her.”

Harry gulped. “Okay.”

“Here she comes now, see what you can do,” said Hermione.

Harry merely nodded, while Ron whispered, “Good luck, mate. We’re right here should anything go wrong.”

And so, as Mary Sue made her way through the portrait hole into the almost empty common room (there was only a group of first years playing exploding snap and Ginny Weasley reading a book near the fire), Harry walked up to her. “Mary Sue, we’ve got to talk.”

“Yes, Harry, I do,” answered Mary Sue, smiling radiantly.

Harry stared at her in amazement. “But I haven’t said anything yet!”

“I know what you want, Harry. I was just saving you the trouble of asking me.”

“Really?” Harry looked relieved. “Thanks, Mary Sue.”

“So, when’s the next Hogsmeade weekend?”

Harry looked at her, nonplussed. “I dunno. What’s that gotta do with your plan of revenge?”

“My what?”

“Don’t play dumb with us, Missy, we know what you’ve been up to,” piped up Hermione.

“I don’t think I was talking to you, ‘Mione,” answered Mary Sue.

“DON’T CALL ME THAT!” yelled Hermione.

“Then keep your nose out of my and Harry’s business,” said the blonde.

“Fine, Harry, you tell her.” And with that Hermione stormed out of the room.

“You were saying, Harry dear?” resumed Mary Sue sweetly.

“I wanted to know why you want to kill me.”

“I don’t want to kill you!”

“LIAR!” came a muffled voice from behind the Fat Lady’s portrait.

Mary Sue looked at Harry straight in the eye. “Harry, listen to me, I would never want to kill you.”

“I believe you,” answered Harry, who was staring at her, transfixed, with his mouth hanging open.

“THAT’S IT!” And with that, the portrait hole opened again and Hermione walked through. Or stomped, more like. “That’s it, you bimbo, just because you can play your little charms on these two idiots it doesn’t mean you can fool me! What have you been up to?”

Mary Sue looked at Hermione and, sensing defeat, shrugged. “Listen, Hermione, I’m not kidding when I say I never meant to kill Harry. The pranks I played on him, they were just jokes for my revenge. I’ve been completely ignored up till this year by all of you, just because I didn’t have these , and now that Harry’s finally realized I existed I wanted some payback time. And I know, that time in Potions I sort of stepped over the line, but I assure you, I didn’t want to hurt him badly. And… and all those pranks weren’t even my idea. I was just obeying.”

“Obeying? You mean you’re not the mind behind all of this?” asked Hermione.

“No way. I mean, I didn’t even want revenge. So what if nobody knew I existed? I had friends, that was enough for me. But it wasn’t enough for someone else. Someone powerful , who also wanted revenge on Harry. She was so angry with him””

She ?” asked Ron bemused. “You mean it isn’t You-Know-Who who wants him dead ?”

“Don’t say ‘dead’, Ron. I don’t think my master wants him dead. She just wanted revenge.”

“Who is she?” asked Harry intently.

“Uh-uh, not telling. She’d kill me… and I’m not kidding. I told you she’s powerful. You figure it out,” answered Mary Sue.

“Hm…” said Hermione thoughtfully. “Maybe it’s Parvati. I don’t exactly see her as ‘powerful’ but… she could be angry with you because you didn’t behave very well with her at the Yule ball.”

“C’mon, Hermione, that was two years ago! She couldn’t hold a grudge for so long!” answered Harry.

“Then who do you think it is, since you’re so smart?” asked Hermione hastily.

“I dunno… Maybe it’s Cho, you know, because things didn’t work out between us…” answered Harry. “What do you reckon, Ron?”

“I’m betting it’s that sneak friend of hers, Marietta!” said Ron.

“Oh come on, poor girl, you’re just trying to drag her into anything wrong that happens. And plus, why should she be mad at me? It’s Hermione’s fault she ended up with boils covering her face saying ‘SNEAK’ for two weeks, not mine,” stated Harry.

“Fair point. But then… who can it be?” asked Ron.

Ginny jumped up. Apparently their talking had distracted her and she found she couldn’t read. “SHUT UP ALL THREE OF YOU!”

“Sorry, Ginny, we didn’t mean to bother you,” said Hermione soothingly. “Maybe you’ve got an idea as to who’s behind this?”

“OF COURSE I KNOW WHO’S BEHIND THIS!” answered Ginny. “I AM! IT WAS ME! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, IT WAS ME!! IT WASN’T THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT!”

Ron wheeled back to face his sister. “You, Ginny? Come on, that’s impossible, you love Harry…”

“I VERY WELL KNOW I DO, RON, BUT HE WON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME, ANYWAY! MARY SUE AS GOOD AS TOLD YOU IT WAS ME! ‘SOMEONE POWERFUL WHO’S BEEN IGNORED BY HARRY POTTER’! WHO ELSE? LIKE MARY SUE, OR PARVATI, OR MARIETTA WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE ENOUGH BRAINS! IT WAS ME! DIDN’T YOU NOTICE I HAD TO PUT A MEMORY CHARM ON DEAN BECAUSE HE OVERHEARD ME TELLING SUE ABOUT MY LATEST PLAN TO REVENGE? OR DID YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE MY COCK-AND-BULL STORY ABOUT MAKING HIM FORGET ME BEING POSSESSED BY LORD VOLDEMORT? AND THAT TIME WHEN I MADE CHANG’S HAIR FALL OUT? DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE?” bellowed Ginny.

“It wasn’t?” asked Harry meekly.

“OF COURSE NOT! CHANG WAS THE GIRL YOU DATED INSTEAD OF ME! I WANTED TO MAKE HER LOOK SO REVOLTING YOU’D NEVER THINK ABOUT HER AGAIN AND FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION ON ME!” Ginny was really on a rant now.

“But it didn’t work,” said Hermione, comprehension finally dawning on her face.

“Wait a sec, Ginny,” interrupted Ron, “I thought you were over Harry! You’ve been dating so many guys…”

“I WAS OVER HIM, AND THAT’S WHY I WANTED REVENGE! YOU GUYS ARE SO THICK I’M SURPRISED YOU’VE THWARTED LORD VOLDEMORT’S PLANS FOR FIVE TIMES NOW!” yelled Ginny even more loudly.

Harry spoke up and faced Ginny. “So you did all this… because you love me?” he asked.

“Yes, Harry,” she answered quietly.

“Oh.” He grinned. “Wanna go to Hogsmeade with me next week?”

Ginny smiled. “I’d love to.”

And they all lived happily ever after.



THE END

A/N: I just love fairy tale endings. Did you like my story? Did you think it was complete rubbish? Whatever your opinion is, let me know what you think!!!!
Thanx
Hallie