Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Always Wondered If You Would by Miss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I own nothing, JKR is the one with the magical touch.


Chapter 6 Changes




Waking up on another Saturday morning, Hermione was trying to remember everything that had happened the previous day. As her thoughts wandered back on the unexpected conversation with Ginny, the mystery that had surrounded the dress, and finally Albus trying to get her drunk on Chinese Jasmine tea, she grinned.

It had been a very strange day, with a dinner at least as awkward as the rest of the day. There had been a sort of suspension in the room but Albus had kept his secret. Just like everybody else seemed to be doing lately.




“What did you need my head for this time, I know that you’re almost finished with that Healing Potion.”

“Evening Albus, and nothing special really.”

“If I remember correctly, that is what you said last time.” He showed her to the little dining area and held out a chair for her. He was a gentleman as always.

“Let’s just say that I’ve had a very interesting day with Ginny.” She sat down and looked at the unfilled plates, noticing for the first time how very hungry she was.

“Another discussion like last time, or something a bit more pleasant perhaps?” He waved his hand over the table and the plates filled themselves with food. “Please, tuck in,” he added.

Hermione gratefully started on her food. “More like a confession this time.” She had said it before she even started to think on what she would tell the old wizard. “You remember the subject of the last discussion?” She looked at Albus expectantly.

“Ah yes, the famous Potions Master again. I see.” He gave a small wink, and proceeded to eat his dinner.




The evening had turned around a bit after that. Hermione had expected Albus to go on about the same subject until he had all the details, but strangely enough he didn’t. It wasn’t like him to change the subject so abruptly, not when she made it clear that she was willing to talk about it. However, this time he had just smiled at her, and started talking about the Healing Potion.

Before dinner with Albus, she had thought it was just Ginny who didn’t want to tell her what was going on. That she didn’t want to let Hermione know that Severus was coming to the wedding, but now…? She just wasn’t so sure anymore, after all Ginny had never told anyone about Severus... Doubt crept across over Hermione’s face, ”Has she?”

A knock on her door and Ginny calling made her forget her musings. “Wake up Hermione, we have another busy day ahead of us.”

“Coming Ginny.” Hermione quickly dressed and went out into the living room. They were packing up Ginny’s stuff today, so Harry could move it to his place and Ginny could go to the Burrow later on. Molly Weasley had come over to help them with all the packing.

“Good morning Hermione.” Molly greeted before hugging her in a very mother-like fashion.

“Good morning Mrs. Weasley.”

“Can you believe my daughter is getting married in six days? I mean, I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.” Molly was staring at her daughter lovingly, with tears glistening in her eyes.

Hermione smiled at the slightly emotional mother. “Hardly,” she replied.

“Oh mum, come on, be happy for me.” Ginny had walked into the living room as well, and frowned at her mother.

“I am dear, I’m very happy.” And Molly gave her a hug and kiss to show it.

Hermione smiled at the little scene before her. She didn’t like to lose her roommate, but she was very happy for Ginny at the same time. It was a very mixed feeling. So not to let Ginny notice how emotional she was, and to hide the tears that came so easily these last few days, Hermione walked into the kitchen, to help Harry with some of the first boxes.

“Mum, you don’t think she knows, do you?” Ginny was staring at the door through which Hermione had just left.

Looking at the worried face of her daughter, Molly sighed. “No dear, don’t worry about it.”

“But what if she does?” Ginny now turned towards her mother.

“Well, does it really matter if she knows? I don’t think it's such a big deal.” Ginny raised a brow at this. “Don’t worry about it; the only thing we’re going to do is to make sure they stay close to each other. That’s all. Besides it would be worse if professor Snape knew!”

“Yeah, I know, but what if they start to fight. Hermione told me that all they ever do is fight.” Ginny didn’t know if forcing Hermione to stay close to Severus all day was such a good idea anymore. It had seemed like a simple enough plan a few weeks ago.

“My dear daughter, please remember that this was your idea in the first place, and besides, I don’t think your brothers would allow them to fight.” Molly took one more look at her daughter, imagining all the Weasley boys attacking Severus Snape, and then they both started to laugh.

“That’s true,” Ginny said with a sigh of relief.

“What’s so funny?” Hermione had come out of the kitchen when she had heard them laughing.

“Oh nothing.” Both mother and daughter quickly went back to work, leaving Hermione puzzled.




The rest of the day passed fast enough, and within no time at all they left for the Burrow. After eating dinner together with most of the Weasleys, Hermione went back to her now almost empty apartment. Working hard all day long had her mind craving for some rest, and her body for another long, hot, steaming bath. Getting in the water, she could feel the tension of moving around various objects all day long leave her body, only to be replaced by thoughts of him.




Hermione was at the wedding dancing with the groom when she saw him. He was walking towards her and she knew he would soon ask her to dance. He held out his hand toward her.

“Yes, I would love to.”

He took her in his strong arms and danced with her. He smelled so good and he was such a good dancer, she simply melted into his arms as they moved around the floor. They danced until the lights faded, until the music stopped. She didn’t want to stop dancing with him, not ever.

“I don’t want this to end.” Her voice was barely more than a whisper.

“It doesn’t have to end.” His voice was just as soft and she could feel his breath near her temple. She looked up into those dark loving eyes, knowing what was going to happen next.

“Severus.”

“Hermione.”

She leaned in knowing their lips would meet.




“Oh crap.” Glad that Ginny couldn’t see her right now, Hermione felt the heat rising to her cheeks. She was still in her bath and had fallen asleep, only to wake up when she felt the water reaching her nose. Getting out of the water to rinse herself in the shower, she thought back on her dream. A snort came out. “Well that is never going to happen.” Not in this life time.




AN I love dreaming about what you can't or don't have. It always makes me wonder what the real thing is like. The wedding is drawing closer...

Thanks to Crs for being my new Beta. You're actually helping me understand the mistakes I make, thank you for that. Also thanks to Ceciel and Natoko, you're support is wonderful.