Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Always Wondered If You Would by Miss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: She owns this world, I just love it.


Chapter 7 The Wedding




Even though her apartment was so much more quiet and empty than she had ever experienced it, it didn’t slow down the time for Hermione. Ginny had been at the Burrow for five days now, but with all the last minute arrangements and Harry coming around every night, she might as well have been gone for just one night. Tomorrow would be the big day. And even though this meant getting up very early, Harry, not being able to visit Ginny, had once again come over to visit, this time bringing Ron along. They were remembering old times.

“Oh, I loved the look on his face when you hit him. He didn’t expect that,” Ron was laughing as Harry recalled Hermione hitting Draco Malfoy.

“I’m actually more proud of slipping away from Lucius in the Department of Mysteries, even if I was wrapped up in thoughts.” He stopped laughing immediately. They all looked away at that memory, contemplating the night that Sirius had fallen away from them, the night that had really started the war.

“Well, he’s gone now, and so is his boss.” Harry stared absentmindedly out the window, while Hermione and Ron gave each other a knowing look. The last fight had never left his mind.

“I don’t know about you two,” Hermione quickly changed the subject to get the tension out of the room, “But I’m tired and we have a very big day ahead of us tomorrow.” Hermione had gotten up to show the two men out.

“See you tomorrow, Hermione,” Harry and Ron both gave her a big hug. “Sweet dreams.”

“I will.” Hopefully about a certain Potions Master, she thought shyly. It would be better to get some real rest though, tomorrow would be a big day.




“You look beautiful, Ginny. You’re shining!” Hermione placed her hands on her friend's shoulders and squeezed them softly. Ginny looked amazing in her white dress, her hair done up in a simple twist with a few straight, red locks framing her face.

Looking at Hermione with a smile, she asked, “What do you think Harry will say?”

Hermione grinned. “Absolutely nothing! He’s just going to fall head over heels for you, again!” Now Ginny was grinning too, the butterflies in her stomach becoming more evident. “Now, however, I have to go and welcome your guests, Arthur will come for you when we are ready for you.” She made to leave.

“Hermione?” She turned around and looked at the redhead through the reflection of the mirror, now noticing the shy smile on Ginny’s face.

“Yes?”

“Thank you. For everything. And you look beautiful too.” Hermione walked back to
Ginny and gave her a hug. Then she quickly stood back, both girls were trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Walking out of the room Ginny was using as a dressing room, Hermione went over to the lake to great the guests that were already there. She laughed silently as the large number of redheads that were the Weasleys came into view. They all greeted her with smiles on their faces, happy that this day had finally arrived. Yes, it promised to be a very beautiful day.




When it was time for Ginny to walk down her aisle, Hermione made one last check, and was stunned to find that two people weren’t there yet. She had already seen Albus, who would be the Master of Ceremony, but he and Snape, the unexpected guest, were nowhere within her sight. Just as she was about to ask Molly were the two men might be, the oak doors to the castle opened and both of them came walking out together.

As she had expected Severus was dressed in his usual black, but there was something about it that was different. It made Hermione hold her breath for just a moment.

“Ah, there you are. I was about to get nervous. Albus, Professor Snape.” She inclined her head to both men with a beautiful smile, only to quickly turn away at the scowl on Severus’ face. Albus chuckled. He had seen the play between them, the smile and the scowl, but he had also heard Severus’ sharp intake of breath when he had laid his eyes on Hermione just moments before. Yes, Ginny’s little plan might just work out.

“Yes, it seems that Severus here forgot what day today was, so I went to fetch him. I’m sure he doesn’t want to miss this for the world.” Severus now directed the scowl towards the Headmaster. Albus had practically dragged him along.

“I’m sure I would have,” Snape muttered. Although I’m glad to see she found the dress. She does look good in it, as I thought she would. Now it was Hermione’s turn to scowl.

Trying, for Harry and Ginny’s sake, to hide the sudden flash of anger, Hermione placed her hand in the crook of Severus’ arm and showed him to his seat. Pretending to tell him something about the proceedings that would take place in a few minutes time, she leaned towards him slightly. “You’d better behave mister, or I will hex you into oblivion!” Standing up she gave him a dazzlingly beautiful smile, took one more look around her to check that everything was in place, and sat down next to him. This was Harry and Ginny’s day and he was not going to spoil it.

Finally it was time for the ceremony to begin, and when Arthur and Ginny appeared everybody stood up. Walking down her aisle, Ginny was blushing slightly, but made her graceful way to Harry. Arthur gave his daughter a soft kiss on her cheek and then placed her hand in Harry’s.

“Take good care of my daughter, Harry, she is the only daughter I have.”

“I will sir.” Harry couldn’t take his eyes of Ginny.

“Shall we begin then?” Albus’ voice brought everybody’s attention to the ceremony, and even Hermione forgot all about her anger at Severus. She became very emotional during the ceremony, and watched with a loving smile as Harry and Ginny said their vows to each other.




Looking back at the ceremony, she thought she should have known it wasn’t to last. One quick look in the direction of Snape had made the happy feelings turn into anger once more.




She noticed that he wasn’t paying attention to the ceremony at all. He was just staring at the other side of the lake. Directing her eyes to where he was looking, she found there was nothing to see at all. She was about to turn away, prepared to ignore him for the rest of the ceremony, when she heard him muttering. What she heard made her blood boil.

Is he really making a mental list of the ingredients he needs to buy? A sharp nudge in his ribs made him turn her way, she gave him her most dangerous look and he read her eyes clearly, I warned you, pay attention or you’ll have to deal with me! Severus just returned the look and inclined his head back towards the ceremony in front of them.

“Harry, you may kiss the bride.” Harry did as he was told and placed a lingering kiss on Ginny’s lips. When he let her go and they turned around everybody got up and applauded for the longest time. The new Mr. and Mrs. Potter walked down the aisle together, as five white doves were released and signalled the end of the ceremony.

Hermione had stood up with the rest of the guests but she was still seething. That man had almost made her miss the most beautiful part of the ceremony. Applauding with the others she send Severus another glare, and then turned and gasped with the rest of the guests as the beautiful white birds took to the heavens.

If she had just looked at Severus a moment longer she would have missed the doves. Instead she would have seen the inward smile in his eyes though, when he allowed himself to take in everything there was about this woman. The dress did look good on her No, perfect, and her hair that was put up with a few elegant golden brown curls flowing down her back, he felt his fingers itching to caress her. But it was mostly her temper that had him smiling. He would tease her because, oh, how he loved the fire in this woman.

Albus couldn’t help but chuckle, the twinkle in his eyes becoming more pronounced. They do look good together, even when they are fighting.




AN Well at least this bit about the wedding could be connected to HBP, but I guess it is an AU now. Thanks everybody and please leave a review.