Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Christmas with Severus Scrooge by Colin Creevey

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Christmas with Severus Scrooge

Chapter 1: T’Was the Night before Christmas



On the first day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
A partridge in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!


“Everyone singing carols,” Severus said, as he watched from the entrance to his dungeon home. “I always thought everyone were idiots for celebrating a stupid holiday.” Snape rubbed his hands together, “But little do they know that once Dumbledore leaves the school for the holiday, I’ll take over and take Christmas away from them.”

“Severus,” a voice said. It was Dumbledore. “You know Christmas is a very fabulous time of year.”

“Yes, sir,” Snape said.

“It’s such a nice time of year; with singing and presents,” Dumbledore continued happily.

“Yes sir,” Snape replied getting annoyed.

“Family and love,” Dumbledore continued.

“Yes sir,” Snape said, wearing a disgusted look on his face.

“Just the thing the world needs with Lord Voldemort in our midst,” Dumbledore kept saying, (imagine how annoyed Snape would be.)

“YES SIR,” Snape screamed. ´

Dumbledore looked taken aback for a moment, but then bowed and left for his office.

It was the night before Christmas. Everyone was so happy. They knew Dumbledore was like Old St. Nick himself, and he was what made Christmas special in Hogwarts.

“Colin,” a weak voice said behind Colin Creevey, Harry’s number one fan. “I’m not feeling very good.” It was Dennis Creevey, his little brother. Dennis looked green and bits of his skin were coming off.

Colin called for help at once. He knew exactly who to go to, and that was Harry Potter. Colin dragged Dennis to the Gryffindor common room, muttering, “I knew we should have gone back home.”

When they reached the common room, Harry was nowhere to be seen. So Colin asked one of Harry’s close friends, Neville Longbottom. “Hi Neville,” Colin asked, sitting Dennis down on the chair beside him.

“Hello Colin,” Neville said, wondering why on earth Colin wasn’t after Harry and why Dennis looked so green. “What’s up,” he asked, looking at Dennis with disgust.

“Dennis is sick,” Colin said to Neville. “By the looks of it, he might be in real pain. I’m looking for Harry.”

“Wouldn’t Harry ignore you like he always does?” Neville pointed out.

“This situation is to serious for Harry to ignore,” said Colin confidently. “I know he’ll help, he’d never ignore a dying child. Harry’s not like that,” Colin added with a finish. “Now where is he?”

“I don’t know,” Neville shrugged. “Ask Hermione,” he pointed to Hermione, who was eyeing Dennis with pity and just came over.

“Anything I can do?” Hermione asked.

“Yeah, Dennis is sick,” Colin said. “He might be dying from the looks of it.”

Hermione had her hands over her mouth in horror, “It’s the Green Death Curse,” she whispered.

When Colin looked puzzled, she began to explain. “You know the killing curse, right?” Hermione said, looking at him.

Colin nodded.

“Someone performed only half the words on him. The word “Kedavra,” is enough to cause someone severe sickness within the next 5 hours.”

“What happens after the 5 hours?” Colin asked not sure weather or not he wanted to know the answer.

“He dies,” Hermione said pitifully.

“No,” Colin yelled. “Isn’t there a way to cure him?”

“I’m not sure,” Hermione said. “I’m sure Dumbledore will know.”

Hermione and Colin went up to the sixth year boys dormitories and summoned Harry and Ron, who were having a pillow fight. Hermione explained to them what Dennis’s symptoms were.

So Harry and Ron went with Colin to Dumbledore’s office, Hermione stayed behind, ready to look up the curse in the Library.

Harry and Ron carried Dennis to Dumbledore’s office, escorted by Colin, who was looking very worried. No more singing went on anymore. Many heads passes, some of them clapped their hands to their mouths. “Chocolate Frog,” Harry said the password to Dumbledore’s office.

Ron knocked on the door, looking at Dennis with a face of disgust or worried, it was hard to tell. “Come in,” a voice said from behind the door.

Harry, Ron, Colin and Dennis walked in. Dumbledore was sitting behind the desk. “I am guessing it’s urgent,” Dumbledore said, looking at Dennis.

“Yes sir,” Colin said, in tears. “My brother is sick. Very sick and maybe die if we don’t do something.”

Dumbledore looked at Dennis, who immediately fell unconscious. “Yes,” he said examining him. “Lord Voldemort, (Colin flinched at the name,) has done something to him. Dennis Creevey now has particles of the killing curse inside himself.”

“What does that mean?” Harry asked Dumbledore.

“Without the green light and the rush of death itself, the curse won’t kill him automatically,” Dumbledore said, looking at Harry. “It seems this was his plan. I will go and see to it that Lord Voldemort doesn’t do anymore of this stuff,” Dumbledore said, standing up. “The only way to cure Dennis Creevey is the Potion of Evil’s Bane. Snape should have it.”

Dumbledore walked out of Hogwarts to stop Voldemort from killing Dennis, leaving Snape in charge. Little did even Dumbledore know that with Snape in charge, the life of Dennis may be in vein, and Hogwarts may change forever?

Harry, Ron and The Creevey Brothers, (they had to work together to pick Dennis up,) went down to Snape’s dungeon.

“Sir,” Colin ran at Snape’s feet. “Please sir, my brother has a deadly sickness.”

Harry and Ron explained what Dumbledore told them, but Snape merely sneered. “Impossible, Hogwarts is guarded by walls and charms. The Dark Lord can’t get inside and curse Creevey like that.”

“But sir,” Colin said, now crying. “We need the Potion of Evil’s Bane. I beg you, please.

“I will provide no such Potion,” Snape said menacingly. “I am now Headmaster of Hogwarts and I say no Dark Lord can get inside these sacred walls.”

“Please sir,” Colin cried. “Please, I beg you.”

“Silence,” Snape yelled dangerously. “Get out of my dungeon and leave me alone. I will give you no potion of any sort.”

Harry, Ron and Colin took Dennis back to the common room and laid him down on a sofa. All they could do is Nurse Dennis, but their efforts were in vein.