Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Christmas with Severus Scrooge by Colin Creevey

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Christmas with Severus Scrooge

Chapter 3: Colin Creevey


I REQUEST SEREN AS MY MODERATOR
Snape sat in his bed, looking around cautiously. What was all this about ghosts. He was not going to let the dead interfere in what he was doing or what he wanted. He was going to do whatever the hell he wanted to do. He fell back on his pillows. Just when he was thinking that he was going to ignore the next ghost, there came a howl of wind.

Snape stayed in bed, thinking that whoever it was, he could handle, especially if it was another one of the marauders. But none of them appeared. Instead, the present form of Colin Creevey appeared to Snape, dressed in pajamas. Snape was really amazed now, “A mere student,” he said aloud. “This is what is sent to me? It's a mere student? I can handle students anytime I wish,” he said pointing at Colin. “I am taking fifty points from Gryffindor.”

“The fifty points can not be taken, because I am not a student,” Colin Creevey said to him.

“You are a student,” Snape said. “You’re that stupid mud…well you’re Colin Creevey.”

“I appear to you as a student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but I am here to show you what is going on in the present,” Colin said.

Snape was scared now, before he could stop himself, he raised his wand, “Avada Kedavra,” a jet of green light came straight at Colin. The green light hit, but Colin merely changed from light skin color to a bright green aura around him for a moment and then went back to normal.

“What the…” Snape began.

“I told you,” Colin laughed. “I’m a ghost, not a human.”

“Why do you appear to me so young then, why not older?” Snape asked hopefully. “Will you die young?”

“No, my human form will live to be very old and still have great energy when he dies,” Colin replied. “I appear to you so young, because this is how my human form looks like in the present. I am fifteen years old, and brother of Dennis Creevey, my only brother. And he’ll die because you didn’t give him the Potion of Evil’s Bane.”

“He’s not going to die,” Snape said disbelievingly, but not very confident.

“Let me show you,” Colin said.

“NO,” Snape yelled. But he was still transported to the Gryffindor common room.



Harry, Ron, Hermione and Colin were in the common room, trying to nurse Dennis back to health. The whole common room was empty. Unfortunately, no one knew about Dennis’s illness. Colin, Dennis, Harry, Ron and Hermione decided to keep it quiet. They all felt hatred towards Snape though. Dennis might’ve been cured ages ago, if only Snape gave them the potion.

“Stay calm Dennis,” Hermione said soothingly. “Or you’ll make the pain worst.”

Dennis was still green and he didn’t look very good, if possible, he looked worst than how he looked last time. “Hey Colin,” Dennis said weakly. “I appreciate the help you were trying to give me. I don’t think I have got a hope of surviving.”

“Don’t talk like that Dennis,” Colin said firmly. “I won’t let you die like this, and if you do, I’ll make sure I follow you.”

Colin turned to Harry and said, “Thank you Harry for trying to help. He might have died if you didn’t help me.”

“No problem,” Harry said. “I can’t stay and let someone die.”

“We’ll be here for you until the end Dennis,” Ron said.

“If it wasn’t for you guys helping me out, I don’t think I wouldn’t have lasted this long,” Dennis said, as his final words before closing his eyes and slowly becoming pale and cold. He was dead.

Colin had tears in his eyes, meanwhile, Harry looked at Dennis and said, “I swear to kill Snape,” Harry said. “No matter what the cost, I’m going to avenge your little brother for you Colin.”

Colin hugged Harry, watched by Ron and Hermione who were hugging each other. Hermione was also in tears, and it was all Snape’s fault. “I’ll miss you brother,” Colin said quietly, before walking out of the common room.

“Let’s go Harry,” Ron said, walking upstairs to the sixth year dormitories. “There’s nothing you can do now.”

“Yes there is,” Harry said, gritting his teeth. “And I’ll do it.”

“Harry,” Colin said, wearing a look that didn’t suit him. “Snape is mine to deal with, you go to bed.”

“Harry…” Ron began uncertainly.

“I’m coming,” Harry said, looking at the common room portrait hole, where Colin disappeared.

Hermione looked at Ron, “You don’t think they’re going to kill Snape do you,” she asked in a worried voice.

“He’d deserve it,” Ron said brutally for a reply before going upstairs to the sixth year dormitories.

Hermione went to the girls dormitories.



“Where the hell is he going?” Snape asked. “Where is he going?”

“Oh you don’t want to know,” Colin replied. “I have another thing to show you though.”

“What…” Snape yelled. “No not again,” he said when he disappeared.



“Albus Dumbledore,” Voldemort said, having his wand on the weakened Headmaster. Snape saw Dumbledore on the ground. “You thought you could defeat me? You were wrong, I am the one who performed the curse, and I’ll be glad to perform a curse right now.”

“Avada Kedavra,” Voldemort cried. Dumbledore quickly got up and Apparated behind Voldemort at amazing speed. They dueled without any of them getting worn out, but Snape was slightly scared for Dumbledore.



“Don’t show me anymore,” Snape said. “Don’t show me anymore.” This is some clever trick of yours and Potter’s. I’m sure of it.”

“You really think so?” Colin asked. “What if it’s not a trick? What if you really did kill him? What if he dies? What if Albus Dumbledore dies? Do you really want this death to happen to my little brother?”

Snape looked at Colin and opened his mouth to reply in a snarl, but before he could say anything, he disappeared again back to his office.