Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Young and the Wizardly by Moon110581

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When we last left the young men and woman of Hogwarts they were on their way back to London after their battle at the Ministry of Magic. Hermione was cursed by a death-eater with a mysterious spell, but believed herself to be cured as she rode the Hogwarts Express towards home. However, as she and Luna Lovegood headed down the aisle to purchase some chocolate frogs from the trolley witch, Hermione collapsed into Luna's arms, slipping into a deep coma. Hermione was taken back to Hogwarts immediatly and put under the care of Madame Pomfrey.


Hermione's coma lasted the summer. She awakened just as the next year of school had begun to shocking news from Madame Pomfrey.

Hospital Wing:

Hermione's eyes fluttered open after a restfull night's sleep to see her beloved Ron and pal Harry standing over her bed. She smile adoringly up at Ron, who breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh Hermione, thank god you're alright,"Ron stammered. "I was so worried you'd never come out of your coma."

"Oh Ron, I'm just so glad to see you again,"Hermione whispered. "Oh, and you too, Harry."

"We were really worried, "Harry said. "And no one would tell us anything. You know how much that pisses me off."

"I'm so glad you're here,"Hermione said. Ron cleared his throat and looked uncomfortable.

"Um, Hermione? There's something I wanted to tell you that I thought I'd never get a chance to tell you,"Ron said.

"What is it Ron? You can tell me anything,"Hermione said as her heart skipped a beat.

"Hermione....."Ron started, his ears turning pink as he stared at his feet. "You know how my dad has always loved muggles?"

Hermione looked puzzled.

"Er, yes,"she said, not sure where this was going.

"Well, back in the '70's my dad was staying at the Leaky Cauldron and decided he wanted to see some London nightlife....."

Ron told Hermione about Arthur ending up at a swingers party where he met a beautiful young muggle woman. They shared a hot night of passion where the young woman brought him to new heights of ecstasy and reaffirmed his love of muggles. When the morning came the two parted ways and nine months later Arthur received a letter from the woman announcing the birth of an illegitimate daughter.

"That muggle woman was your mother, Hermione. Your dad married her while she was pregnant, and my dad and your mum never discussed the matter again until my dad told me over the summer,"Ron finished. His ears were bright red now. Harry's mouth fell open. Hermione looked stricken. Tears filled her eyes.

"Ron....Oh my god,"Hermione managed.

"I know. I don't know what to say,"Ron replied.

"Oh god, I have to tell you something,"Hermione said frantically.

"What?"

"Oh Ron, you're going to hate me! Your sister, I can't believe it."

"What? What is it now?"Ron asked.

"I....I'm pregnant with your child!"Hermione squeaked. Harry's jaw dropped again.

"What? How? We've never even had sex!"Ron shouted. Hermione started to cry.

"Oh Ron, I did a sperm-switching spell on you and Draco Malfoy and then allowed Draco to seduce me so he could impregnate me with your child,"Hermione confessed. "I thought it would be a nice surprise for you, until today of course."

"Oh I'm surprised alright!"Ron yelled in exasperation. Harry looked stunned.

"You slept with Draco?"Harry asked, feeling an odd twinge of jealously. Hermione nodded sadly. Harry suddenly felt strangely angry at the thought of Draco wanting to seduce Hermione instead of him.

Crookshanks emerged from under the bed looking decidedly suspicious and up to something.

"What now Ron?"Hermione said sadly. Ron shook his head angrily. He didn't know what to say. Crookshanks scurried out of the hospital wing with his bottlebrush tail sticking up in the air.

The awkward silence was interrupted by Madame Pomfrey walking into the room.

"I'm sure by now you've been told about Miss Granger's condition,"Madame Pomfrey said, "However, the spell damage she sustained had also given her a brain tumor. We cannot remove the tumor with magic until she's given birth. Hopefully the tumor will not grow at a very fast rate. Miss Granger will be confined to this bed for the duration of her pregnancy. Any excessive amount of stress or activity could cause the tumor to swell and her head could explode."

"Oh great, I'll be dead by tomarrow,"Hermione muttered.

"What about her schoolwork?"Harry asked.

"You two will have to gather her assignments and books and bring them to her to work on when she can."

"Oh no, my grades! I have to go to class!"Hermione wailed.

"You should be more concerned about your health, Miss Granger,"Madame Pomfrey said sternly.

"Well, I need quills and parchment,"Hermione said decidedly. "I need to write to my parents and the Weasleys."

"Oh, I don't know, Hermione..."Ron said nervously.

"Bring her whatever she needs , then you two need to be on your way,"Madame Pomfrey said. "Miss Granger needs rest."

Hermione wrote letters to her parents and Ron's parents and gave them to Harry to send off with Hedwig. She then wrote another letter and gave it to Harry.

"Give this to Draco,"Hermione said. Harry nodded and his heart rate went up at the thought of seeing Draco again for some strange reason. Harry left for the owlery leaving Ron and Hermione alone together.

"Everything's going to be ok, Hermione,"Ron said quietly. Hermione's eyes filled with tears.

"I hope so, Ron."