Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Young and the Wizardly by Moon110581

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Note: Written by Black_ink for the amazing Moon110581.

Chapter 2: Letters

After leaving Hermione to rest in the Hospital Wing, Harry and Ron decided to respect Hermione’s wishes of sending out letters to those various people; those people being her parents, the Weasley’s, and Draco Malfoy.

But seeing that they had been called to see Hermione right before dinner, they knew they had to go back to the Great Hall. And besides, they were starving anyway. Harry could hear Ron’s stomach growling as they made their way there.

When Harry and Ron walked it, nobody really noticed since they were all eating and talking of what had happened over the summer break. Harry noticed that Ron was barely eating anything off his plate. He was probably wondering about Hermione and the fact that she was pregnant with their child. But what made it worse was the fact that they were brother and sister. Well, half-sister and half-brother, but its not like that helped or made a difference.

“Are you okay, Ron?” asked Harry. He turned to his right to look at Ron, but Ron just stared at his plate.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I’m just wondering what the child’s going to look like,” said Ron.

“Oh I… yeah,” said Harry. He thought Ron was upset at the fact that Hermione was pregnant, but apparently not.

“I hope it has red hair.”

“I can’t believe she seduced Draco,” said Harry, wondering how exactly she had done it.

Looking up from his plate, Harry saw Draco getting up from the Slytherin table without his cronies Crabbe and Goyle. Harry nudged Ron lightly. When Ron turned to him, Harry nodded his head in the direction of Draco and Ron looked.

“Yeah so. Its Draco.” Ron turned back to his plate.

“We have to give Draco the letter from Hermione,” said Harry, as he stood up. Ron just turned back to his food. “Oh fine. I’ll bloody do it.”

Harry caught Draco just as he was about to walk down to the Dungeons. “Draco!”

Draco turned quickly. “What, Harry?” Harry reached into his pocket. Draco thought that Harry was going to jinx his so he pulled out his wand, but lost control of it and it hit Harry across the face.

“Ow!” exclaimed Harry. Draco reached down to get his wand. “What was that for?”

“I thought you were going to jinx me,” said Draco. Harry handed Draco the letter from Hermione. “What’s this?”

“A letter from Hermione,” said Harry, as he turned to leave.

“Wait. You know that she seduced me?”

Yeah. She told me.”

“Well, I only went along because she put a spell on herself to look like you,” said Draco, nervously. Harry’s was shocked at what Draco had said. “I have to go. Thanks for the letter.” Draco turned and left Harry by himself… or so he thought.

“Hello, Harry,” said a high-pitched voice behind him. Harry quickly turned and saw Moaning Myrtle flying around excitedly.

“Hello, Myrtle.”

Harry began to walk away when Moaning Myrtle called after him. “I heard the conversation between you and Draco. You should be careful, Harry, you never know who’s listening.”

Harry stopped walking and turned to look at Myrtle. “What do you want?” asked Harry, as he eyed Myrtle suspiciously.

Myrtle flew closer to him. “I want you to come and visit me in the girls bathroom on the second floor or else I’ll tell the other students about you and Draco Malfoy.”

“Fine,” said Harry, defeated.

Myrtle smiled to herself mischievously. “I’ll see you soon, Harry.” She flew away giggling loudly. Harry walked to the Owlry and sent off the other letters.

That night. The corridors of Hogwarts:

McGonagall walked through the corridors of Hogwarts quietly and with some grace. After walking for some time, she decided to transform into her animagus of a tabby cat. She rather preferred being a cat to being human sometimes.

Her paws quietly hit the floor as she walked onto the seventh floor. She heard a sound and walked around the corner to see another cat. The cat looked familiar to McGonagall, but she couldn’t quite place it.

McGonagall walked up to the strange cat and spoke to it in cat, “Who’s cat are you?”

“Hermione Grangers. And I have a name, human,” purred the cat, offended.

“You know I’m human?” purred McGonagall.

“Indeed. Only a human would ask a question like that.”

“Well, then what’s your name?”

“Crookshanks,” purred the cat to McGonagall. The two talked some more that night and nights following. Eventually the liking for each other grew more and more.

The Burrow:

It was a bright and sunny and very early in morning. Mrs. Weasley was still asleep upstairs. Mr. Weasley was in the kitchen making tea before he had to go to work, when Pig came flying awkwardly in. He landed on the kitchen table, out of breath.

Mr. Weasley took the letter from Pig and gave him some bread, which he was grateful for. He opened the letter and then sipped his tea while reading.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley,

You’ve probably been wondering where I have been during the summer. (“No not really,” thought Mr. Weasley.) Don’t worry I have been at Hogwarts, specifically in the Hospital Wing. While being on the Hogwarts Express, I fell into a coma. I woke up today and knew I had to send you a letter. I had to tell you that I am pregnant with Ron’s child. Knowing recent news about Ron and me being related, I have to say that I am now in a state of shock. I have also been told of more alarming news: that I have a brain tumor. Please write back as soon as possible,

Hermione

Mr. Weasley was in so much shock that he fainted, the letter still in his hand.