Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Young and the Wizardly by Moon110581

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3: Sordid Affairs

Inside the Hospital Wing:

Hermione's head hurt. She wasn't concerned at this point, though, as she knew she had a tumor and that at any stressful or upsetting moment her head could explode, but it was a bit annoying. Besides, how on earth was she going to avoid stress when she was pregnant with her half-brother's child, who's also her best friend Ron, and she had just sent letters to their parents telling them all about it?

Madame Pomfrey kept forcing her to drink relaxation potions, but they didn't seem to help. She just hoped that, with any luck, her child would be born before her head exploded. But she wanted the tumor to disappear as well, though she was not so certain it would.

Her one constant companion, who usually could distract her from her thoughts, was missing, however. Crookshanks, her fluffy ginger cat had yet to return from his wanderings, and Hermione was concerned that something might have happened to him. Then she'd feel guilty about endangering the life of her baby and herself for unduly stressing herself out and get all the more frustrated with herself. Her head bulged and throbbed with the desire to explode.

The Third Floor Trophy Room:

Crookshanks was once again rendezvousing with Professor McGonagall in her tabby cat form. He waited nervously by the edge of a trophy case in the darkened room, twitching his tail as he heard her paw prints upon the floor and the sound of her purrs growing nearer.

"Minerva, I though you'd never arrive,” Crookshanks purred as his gray striped object of adoration stepped seductively into a patch of moonlight shining upon the floor and gazed at him lovingly.

"Oh, my dear Crookshanks, nothing could keep me from your warm, fluffy embrace,” McGonagall replied. "How I count the hours during my day of classes until I can finally meet you again."

"Oh, Minerva, I can't wait all day any more! Meet me tomorrow morning between your first two classes!" Crookshanks exclaimed boldly.

"The risk would be too great!" McGonagall lamented. "The mortification I would suffer should we be discovered would be more than I could handle."

"Are you ashamed of me, Minerva?"

"No, my dear sweet Crookshanks, but how could my peers ever begin to understand the love I share with a cat, when I am human?"

"Must our love forever be kept secret?" asked Crookshanks, as he sighed, turning away from McGonagall.

"I don't know," whispered McGonagall, as she brushed up against Crookshanks’ furry side and licked his ear.

Girls Bathroom, Second Floor:

Draped beneath his invisibility cloak, Harry tiptoed his way downstairs to Myrtle's bathroom, where he found her wafting lazily around in circles waiting for him.

"What took you so long, Harry?" Myrtle simpered sweetly, after he took off his cloak.

"Look, Myrtle, I don't even know why I had to meet you. You can say whatever you want, but nothing has ever happened between me and Draco," said Harry, trying not to get angry.

"Oh, but something could...." Myrtle said.

"What's it to you, then?" Harry demanded, looking Myrtle in the eye.

"Well, I’ll just tell you how it is. I have recently found myself in need of some money. You have recently found yourself not needing any more bad publicity. I will be expecting regular payments of 5 Galleons a week slipped under the door of my stall, or everyone will find out about your new crush!" shrieked Myrtle, before giggling evilly.

"Myrtle, I don't mean to be insensitive…no, wait. I do. What on earth could you possibly need money for? I mean, you are dead," said Harry, being very forward.

"OH THAT'S RIGHT! WHAT DOES A SAD LITTLE DEAD GIRL NEED MONEY FOR?!" Myrtle shouted hysterically. "YOU LISTEN TO ME, POTTER! YOU'LL PAY ME THAT MONEY OR EVERYONE IN THIS DAMN SCHOOL WILL FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR SORDID SLYTHERIN LOVE AFFAIR!!"

And with that, Myrtle swooped up into the air and splashed loudly into her toilet, sobbing quietly to herself in the u-bend. Unnerved, Harry exited the bathroom and headed back up the staircase quickly. As he ran down the hall, he went around a sharp corner and slammed right into Draco Malfoy. The invisibility cloak slid off his shoulders as he rolled onto his side.

"Draco! What are you doing out at this time of night?" Harry asked in shock.

"I....I couldn't sleep. I've been thinking about you,” said Draco, looking Harry in the eye and then turning away to look at the floor.

The Burrow:

"SO! When exactly were you going to tell me about this little strumpet?" Mrs. Weasley bellowed at her husband. "Who was she? Some little muggle tart with a interest in long hard wands?”

"Molly!" Arthur gasped, scandalized. "Compose yourself! I think you're missing the bigger issue, which would be Hermione possibly on the verge of death while pregnant with our son's child and being my daughter!"

"Oh, so you don't think we need to discuss your naughty fling with miss muggle of the month?" Molly hissed.

"Maybe we should discuss this after you've calmed down. Why don't you have a cup of tea?"

"Why don't I hit you over the head with the kettle, you cheatin' bastard?" Molly shrieked. Arthur, having had his fill of his wife's psychotic display, began packing a trunk. "What are you doing now?"

"I'm packing my trunk. I intend to go to Hogwarts and discuss this terrible situation with my children. You are welcome to come," Arthur said, and he continued to pack.

"Oh bugger off!" Molly snapped, and she retired to her room with her bottle of firewhiskey.

As Arthur continued to pack, Molly continued to drink, finding more and more comfort in the bottle, until she eventually passed out, drooling onto the knitted bedspread.

Hogwarts Grounds:

Meanwhile, out of the black mists of the cold black night, there emerged a black figure in black robes. He traveled towards the huge oak doors of Hogwarts castle, his face hidden by his black hood. Whoever this stranger was, there was certainly something Black about him....