Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Very Harry Christmas by Jase

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Based on the story "It's A Wonderful Life" by Frank Capra and James Stewart. I did not write that story nor create the Harry Potter characters nor create Jar-Jar Binks.
NOTE: Some very very mild slash in this story because I am making fun of it. Please don't kill me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HARRY: Woah. How did a story about my PARENTS get in here?!?

RON: I have no idea. But let’s keep reading.

HARRY: Fine, fine …

IT’S A HORRIBLE LIFE


NARRATOR: This story involves a bunch of misunderstandings and a weird little elf. It all starts a few days before Christmas, when Dobby the house elf was cleaning the Gryffindor common room.

DOBBY: Dobby is going to make this room shine for Harry Potter, he is! Dobby loves his job!

*ENTER: HARRY*

HARRY: Hi, Dobby.

DOBBY: Harry Potter! Such an honor it is!

HARRY: *Sigh* Are you going to say that EVERY time we meet?

DOBBY: Yes sir! Dobby has a high respect for his trademark sayings!

HARRY: *Mutters something about incompetent house elves and goes to the dorm room*

DOBBY: Harry Potter sure seems upset! I wonder if I can help him somehow!

*CUT TO: HARRY in the dorm*

HARRY: Man, my life sucks. Today I lost 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 house points, flunked three of my classes, battled Voldemort and got twenty-six students killed, and worst of all, Snape spat on me in Potions!

*ENTER: DOBBY, watching HARRY in secret*

DOBBY: Poor Harry Potter!

HARRY: Sometimes I wish … I wish I was never born!

DOBBY: Hey! Dobby can help with that! With a mere snap of Dobby’s fingers!

DOBBY’S FINGERS: *Snaps merely*

HARRY: Huh? Dobby? *POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!*

*CUT TO: HARRY outside Hogwarts in the snow*

HARRY: What th- … did Dobby teleport me outside?! I’m gonna kill that friggin’ elf! *Goes inside Hogwarts to report this to DUMBLEDORE*

*CUT TO: DUMBLEDORE’s study*

DUMBLEDORE: Oooh! My stocks in Enron are up! Up! UP! I KNEW it was a good idea to spend all of Hogwarts’ funds on this company!

*ENTER: HARRY*

DUMBLEDORE: Hey?! Who are you? How’d you get in here?

HARRY: Huh????? What do you mean Professor? It’s me! Harry! The important one!

DUMBLEDORE: I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

HARRY: Come on Dumbledore! It’s me! Harry Potter! The Boy Who Lived! The Boy Who Defeated You-Know-Who! The Boy Who Has Earned J.K. Rowling Millions Of Dollars!

DUMBLEDORE: WHAT? Voldemort is still here, you idiot! This place gets attacked three times a day! And I am getting sick of this! If only there were some prodigal son who was predicted to come and save us …

HARRY: But-

DUMBLEDORE: Now get out of my office, you weird kid who bears a striking resemblance to James Potter! Except for your eyes. You have Lily’s eyes.

HARRY: *Leaves, dumbfounded. Only then does he realize that he is wearing clothes that are just plain gray -- no Hogwarts robes or anything. And his glasses are gone* What’s going on?!? I’ve gotta find Ron and Hermione! *Goes to the Gryffindor common room*

*CUT TO: RON in the Gryffindor common room*

*ENTER: HARRY*

RON: Hey! Who are you?

HARRY: Ron, it’s me! Harry!

RON: Harry who?

HARRY: Ah, forget it! Where’s Hermione??

RON: Hermione? Hermione who?

HARRY: Hermione GRANGER!

RON: Hey … yeah, I remember her … annoying little know-it-all … she died in our first year, when You-Know-Who did his annual attack, killing every Muggle-born in the school.

HARRY: What?? She’s dead?

RON: Yeah. Doesn’t matter, though. She was such an annoying bookworm! *Eats a carrot*

HARRY: Where did you get that?

RON: What?

HARRY: That carrot.

RON: What carrot?

HARRY: The one you’re eating right now.

RON: I’m not eating a carrot.

HARRY: Yes you are, you’re chewing on it as we speak!

RON: No I’m not.

HARRY: I give up! *Leaves*

RON: *Finishes carrot* How’d you get in here?

*CUT TO: DOBBY wandering the streets of Hogsmeade. Everything is dark and depressing*

DOBBY: Hmmm … Dobby thinks granting that wish for Harry Potter was a bad idea … The Dark Lord is alive, he is. And Dobby will sure be treated unfairly! Why did George Lucas have to stereotype Jar-Jar Binks like that!? WHY!?!?! *Notices a shop sign* Ooo! A sale on socks!

*CUT TO: HARRY, trudging through Hogsmeade. He is not getting his usual stares, and realizes that he does not have a scar anymore*

HARRY: Hey! I know who did all this! Dobby! He must’ve heard me talking about how I wish I had never been bored, and cast a spell! And since he’s so powerful, it literally affected the whole universe! *Pause* Wow! It takes most people the whole story to figure out that kind of stuff! I must be getting smarter! *Runs into a post*

POST: *Has a sign on it*

HARRY: Wha? What’s this say?

SIGN: If you have spotted any Muggle-borns around here, please LET US KNOW!

HARRY: This is horrible! What good could be in this type of world?! *Suddenly has another brain thought* Wait a minute … if I wasn’t born … then Voldemort would have no reason to kill my parents! They might be alive! Well, except mom. Oh well.

*ENTER: DOBBY, carrying about 523,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 socks.

DOBBY: Harry Potter! There you are!

HARRY: Huh? You recognize me?

DOBBY: Yes! Dobby was not affected by Harry Potter’s wish!

HARRY: Awesome!

DOBBY: Yes!

HARRY: Okay! Change it back! But first, take me to Gordic’s Hollow!

DOBBY: Why?

HARRY: Mainly to stall for time and add more word count to this story, but also so that I can meet my dad!

DOBBY: But … he will not recognize you sir!

HARRY: Who cares?

DOBBY: Very well sir. *Crack! Gone*

*CUT TO: Gordic’s Hollow. HARRY and DOBBY appear*

HARRY: Woot! I’m about to meet my dad!

DOBBY: But he is not your dad in this world, sir!

HARRY: Why is it that you’re suddenly starting to act all serious?

DOBBY: Dobby is not sure, sir! He thinks it has something to do with the author’s authoring power.

HARRY: Meh. Whatever. *Goes inside*

AUTHOR: Warning: The following material contains a parody of “slash” fics. If you, for some reason, do not like to read about slash stories getting made fun of, please skip down. I mean no disrespect to anyone in the following passage. Thank you for your time … and attention.

HARRY: Hey! Da- … James! James, where are you! *Hears something from upstairs. Goes upstairs to find … *

JAMES: *Holding hands with Lupin and reading the funnies and giggling*

HARRY: OH my GOD!

JAMES: Huh? Who are you!?

HARRY: WHAT TH- … You’re GAY?

JAMES: Oh, stop. *Flicks wrist* We’re here. We’re queer. Get used to it.

HARRY: But-but …

LUPIN: *Giggle* Come on Jamsey, let’s go to our room.

JAMES: Oh, you tease! *Leaves with LUPIN*

HARRY: *In shock*

DOBBY: *Disturbed*

AUTHOR: *Fortunately did not put JAMES and LUPIN kissing* The content is over. You may uncontort your faces now.

HARRY: *Leaves* Why is my dad … yeah.

DOBBY: Dobby is not sure sir, but he thinks it be best to return you to normal now.

HARRY: Yes. Yes it is.

DOBBY: *Snaps his fingers*

*CUT TO: HARRY and DOBBY back in the Gryffindor common room. Harry has his robes, glasses and scar back*

HARRY: You did it! Great job, Dobby! *Hugs DOBBY*

DOBBY: Uh … normally Dobby would greatly accept this token of gratitude from Harry Potter, but based on what Dobby just saw, he is afraid to.

HARRY: *Groan*

DOBBY: *Leaves slowly to not get noticed*

HARRY: That was annoying. I’m never going to wish that I wasn’t born ever again!

HERMIONE: That’s the spirit, Harry!

HARRY: *Spins around and sees HERMIONE* Hermione! You're alive! Where’d you come from?

HERMIONE: *Eats popcorn* Of course I'm alive! It's not like Voldemort killed me in my first year! Oh, and I usually sit here during most of my free time, to see who’ll pop in to the Gryffindor common room like that. So far it’s been … *checks a list* … you, Ron, Voldemort, the Weasley twins (two times), a possessed teddy bear and … something else. I can’t remember.

HARRY: I … see.

HERMIONE: Well, that’s the end of this Christmas story, everyone. Although it didn’t have much to do with Christmas.

HARRY: Pfft. They’ll think it’s funny anyway.

HERMIONE: Yeah. They think EVERYTHING’s funny.

HARRY: Gotta love those fanfic readers.

THE END