Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Very Harry Christmas by Jase

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Based on the story/song "Frosty the Snowman, by Unknown Author. I did not write Frosty the Snowman, and I did not create the Harry Potter characters. I bet you're sick of me saying this by now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HARRY: *Stares at RON*

RON: *Stares at HARRY*

HARRY: *Finally breaks uncomfortable silence caused by the thought that Snape could turn out to be a good caring person* So….shall we read the next story?

RON: Sure. This one’s called…

GRAWPY THE SNOWMAN


NARRATOR: This tale begins at Hagrid’s hut, where he is spending his first Christmas away from his lil’ brother, Grawp.

HAGRID: *Drinking some sort of hot beverage while crying* I jus’ miss him so much! *Bawls* Why’d he ‘ave to go away?? WHY???

HARRY, RON and HERMIONE: *Enter*

HAGRID: Oh, hello all…

RON: Sup Hagrid?

HAGRID: Oh…I was just thinking about Grawpy…

HERMIONE: Hagrid, you’ve got to forget about that……brother…of yours. He’s happy now, and you should be happy that HE’s happy!

HAGRID: Oh, I am…but I can’t stop thinkin’ about ‘em!

HARRY: Maybe you should do something to take your mind off of him. Build a snowman!

HAGRID: Hey! That’s a great idea! I’ll build a giant snowman, in honor of Grawpy!

HERMIONE: Uh…I don’t think-

HARRY: *Stupidly* Can I help???

RON: *Who has been looking down the barrels of Hagrid’s assorted (and loaded) crossbows and guns* Ooo! Can I help too?

HERMIONE: Dear god. I am NOT going to be a part of this *Goes to therapy*

HAGRID: C’mon! We gotta start while the snow ‘ere’s still fresh!

NARRATOR: And so, Harry, Ron and Hagrid built a snowman version of Grawp. It took some time, but when it was finished, what a sight it was!

SNOWMAN: *Is a sight*

HAGRID: Isn’t she a ‘beaut! It’s identical to the original Grawp!

RON: Sweet.

HARRY: You know what would be AWESOME??? If this snowman were to somehow “magically” come to life!

RON: *Sighs* But…how could that ever happen?

HAGRID: I jus’ don’t know. *Totally forgets the fact that he lives at a school of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY.*

HARRY: Hmmm…I don’t know what, but Grawp seems to be missing something!

HAGRID: I know! Grawp used to use everyday things as toothpicks! I’ll stick my umbrella in his teeth. *Sticks his umbrella with magical properties in the snowman’s snow teeth*

UMBRELLA: *Glows*

SNOWMAN: *Jolts*

HAGRID: *Falls off the snowman* Wheeee!

SNOWMAN: *Comes to life*

HARRY: Woot! He’s alive!

HAGRID: Neat!

RON: This incident has inspired me to write a song!

“Grawpy the Snowman was a jolly happy soul!
With an umbrella and a button nose
And two eyes made out of coal…”

HAGRID: Oh no! He’s moving!

SNOWMAN: *Stomps off, stomping several innocent flobberworms in its path*

HARRY: Oh no! We’ve gotta follow it!

RON: “Dooown to the village,
With umbrella in his teeth
Stomping flobberworms and unicorns
And the piles ‘o snow beneath…”

HAGRID: He’s heading towards Hogsmeade!

HARRY: We’ve gotta stop him!

HAGRID: But how! We’re just a dimwitted half-giant and a pair of idiot teenagers!

HARRY: I know! We have to get some expert help.

*CUT TO: The Gryffindor common room. HERMIONE is reading a book.*

HARRY: *Bursts into the common room* Hermionehermionehermionehermionehermionehermioneeee! *Crying*

HERMIONE: It’s okay, it’s okay…just tell me what’s wrong.

HARRY: Well, Hagrid, Ron and I? *Sniffle* We were…we were making a snowman? And it sort of…sort of…*Hiccup*…came to life.

HERMIONE: …I see.

HARRY: Can you help us?

HERMIONE: Yeah, I suppose I’ll have to. Where’s the snowman?

HARRY: About to destroy Hogsmeade.

HERMIONE: Great.

*CUT TO: RON and HAGRID chasing after the SNOWMAN. RON has a guitar and is stringing some notes, trying to come up with some more words.*

RON: “Stompetty stomp stomp
Stompetty stomp stomp
Look at Grawpy go…
Stompetty stomp stomp
Stompetty stomp stomp
Kicking up mounds of snow…”

HAGRID: Oh no! He’s heading straight towards the bar where I drown my endless sorrows in gallons of butterbeer!

RON: You mean The Three Broomsticks?

HAGRID: No, “Plenty ‘o Sorrows Bar for Misfit Creatures”. It’s not in the books because of it’s PG-13 rating.

RON: …

*ENTER: HARRY and HERMIONE, running up*

HARRY: I got Hermione! *Beams proudly*

RON: Good job Harry! *Gives HARRY a cookie*

HERMIONE: Hagrid! Did anything make Grawpy like, weak and defenseless?

HAGRID: Yeah “ if you poured Polyjuice Potion on him, he would inexplicably melt for a couple of hours.

HERMIONE: Ooookay. That’s perfect.

RON: But Polyjuice takes months to make and we need it NOW!

HARRY: *Pulls out a flask of Polyjuice potion* Here’s some.

HERMIONE: Harry, where did you get that?

HARRY: I’m the hero. I get anything. *Pulls out a small Yorkshire Terrier and pets it lovingly*

HERMIONE: …

RON: *Takes the Polyjuice Potion and throws it on the SNOWMAN. It hits him in the face and he starts to melt*

SNOWMAN: Nooooooooooooo! What a world, what a world……

RON: “Graawpy the Snowman
Was a’ melting down away,
And he yelled “I will smoosh all of you
If I ever come back one day!”

HARRY: He’s DEAD!!! YAY!

HERMIONE: YAY!

RON: YAY!

HAGRID: *Sobs uncontrollably*

SNOWMAN: *Melts down into a giant snow blob*

SNOW BLOB: *Turns into a giant snow avalanche*

SNOW AVALANCHE: *Heads towards the little innocent town of Hogsmeade*

HERMIONE: CRAP!

RON: DANGIT!

HAGRID: *CUSSES!*

HARRY: COOOL!

HERMIONE: How are we gonna stop it??

HAGRID: I know! I’ll sacrifice myself to save the town!

RON: How?

HAGRID: By throwing myself in front of the avalanche and making a wall to stop it.

HARRY: But won’t you die from the cold?

HAGRID: Probably.

HERMIONE: Oh well. *She and RON and HARRY push HAGRID in front of the SNOW AVALANCHE*

HAGRID: AAAAH! *All of the snow stops suddenly, pushing up against him and burying him.

HARRY: Hagrid! Are you alive?

HAGRID: *Muffled cry from beneath the snow* Yes…..

HERMIONE: Are you hurt?

HAGRID: *Muffled cry from beneath the snow* Yes…..

RON: Did you find the Weasley sweaters I buried around that area?

HAGRID: *Muffled cry from beneath the snow* Yes…

RON: Shucks. I thought I’d finally gotten rid of them that time.

HAGRID: *Stands up, covered in Weasley sweaters*

HERMIONE: Hey! All of those sweaters saved your life!

RON: Wow. They actually came in handy.

HARRY: Come on Hagrid, we’ve gotta get you inside.

NARRATOR: And so, the story had a happy ending. Hagrid was able to stop missing Grawp, the giant Snow Avalanche became a giant tourist attraction and brought loads of business to Hogsmeade, the Weasley sweaters were made into a quilt for children at an orphanage, and Ron became a multimillionaire with the song he had written. Harry and Hermione did absolutely nothing.

THE END