Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Patrick Thatcher and the Colonist's Compass by Dean Thomas

Printer
Summary: Patrick Thatcher’s older brother teases him, his mother worries about him, and his father defends him. His family sounds very much like any other, but somehow Patrick’s is far from average. In Patrick’s world, adults disappear into thin air, owls deliver mail, and the most popular sport in the country is played on broomsticks. Not to mention that every member of his family is, and always has been, a wizard. When your grandfather is a famous American veteran, being a Thatcher isn’t the easiest life to live. When his acceptance letter to the most prestigious American school of magic arrives addressed to another student, Patrick’s position in his former world begins to take a tumble—right along with the newly elected President of Magic’s approval ratings. With the Wizarding world’s eyes shifting toward a new wizard, can Patrick figure out just why his first year is off to a rocky start? Inspired by J.K. Rowling’s wondrous Harry Potter Series, Patrick Thatcher’s adventures of wizardry in the United States is a tale all its own while still respecting its English origins. Readers are sure to find that the magic across the pond is just as unforgettable.
Ratings: 1st-2nd Years [ - ]
Category: General Fics
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 17 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 90184 Viewcount: 54185
Published on: 06/08/05 Updated On: 09/04/06





1. The Message Mishap by Dean Thomas [ - ] (1945 words)
This is Year One in the Patrick Thatcher Series. It predates the events in 'Patrick Thatcher and the Ivory Tower.'

2. Grandpa Thatcher's Gift by Dean Thomas [ - ] (1998 words)

3. Agnomon Square by Dean Thomas [ - ] (4729 words)

4. Onward to Wentwater by Dean Thomas [ - ] (3020 words)

5. The Placement Ceremony by Dean Thomas [ - ] (4416 words)

6. Dominick Sumpton by Dean Thomas [ - ] (4233 words)

7. The Founder's Portrait by Dean Thomas [ - ] (5663 words)

8. The Quidditch Team by Dean Thomas [ - ] (4870 words)

9. The Hidden Library by Dean Thomas [ - ] (4844 words)

10. A Haunted Birthday by Dean Thomas [ - ] (7455 words)

11. The Quaffle Quandary by Dean Thomas [ - ] (6439 words)

12. History For the Holidays by Dean Thomas [ - ] (10775 words)

13. Abraham Ortelius by Dean Thomas [ - ] (7528 words)

14. Leads and Letters by Dean Thomas [ - ] (6244 words)

15. The Pressing Issue by Dean Thomas [ - ] (5479 words)

16. Back to the Library by Dean Thomas [ - ] (5185 words)

17. The Secret of the Compass by Dean Thomas [ - ] (5361 words)
This is the last chapter of "Patrick Thatcher and the Colonist's Compass". You can read year two at http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=51164