Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

You'll Think of Me by GracieAnne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Three
A Step at a Time


Remus watched as Hermione leaned back against the couch. He could tell that she was overwhelmed with the information of what she said has happened. He would have to agree with that. If he traveled a good twenty or so years back into time, he would be overwhelmed too.

She told the four boys that she would just sleep on the couch and that they should go to bed, considering it was late. Remus, however, had stay behind, telling the guys that he wanted to make sure she was all right. He knew she was lying when she said she was fine.

“You don’t have to stay with me,” Hermione said, looking up at Remus.

Remus sighed and sat down next to her on the couch. “I know I don’t have to, but I want to. I just want to know if you’re all right.”

Hermione shook her head and said, “I’m fine, Remus.”

Remus looked at her and whispered, “Bullshit.”

Hermione looked at him with her eyes widened with surprised. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Bullshit. You’re not all right.” He looked down at his hands. He couldn’t look at her and call her bluff.

Hermione was still looking at him, not believe he just tried to call her on a bluff. It was something that Harry or Ron would have done. A smile slowly crept on her face. She knew he meant well.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” he asked.

“Hm?”

“Do you want to go for a walk?” he repeated.

Hermione looked at him smiled brightly. She nodded her response. Remus got up off the couch and held out his hand. She took it and he gently pulled her to her feet.


~~~~~**~~~~~


They walked around the grounds with the quarter moon giving little light. Remus didn’t mind, considering he kept looking at the moon occasionally.

“Don’t worry, you have a few more weeks before the full moon,” Hermione whispered, looking up into the sky.

Remus turned to face her, slightly stunned by her comment. If anyone knew he was a werewolf, they would run away from him. Well, anyone besides his three friends.

Hermione looked at him and smiled at him coyly. “Sorry,” she apologized.

“It’s okay. You’re just the first girl to know and not run away,” he said.

“Well, I’m not like most girls,” Hermione said, laughing softly.

“I guess not.”

They kept walking, and after sometime, they found themselves by the lake. It was a crisp September night. Slightly chilly, but Remus didn’t mind it, and by the way Hermione looked, she didn’t mind it either.

He watched her take a seat under the tree by the lake. The light breeze blew her hair into her face, and she moved it behind her ears. Her attempt failed as the breeze blew her hair into her face again. Remus smiled and took a seat next to her, blocking the breeze a little bit. She smiled sweetly, silently thanking him for the barrier from the breeze.

They sat there for a while, just enjoying the night, not talking, just sitting in silence. Remus found it relaxing, sitting under the tree and moonbeams, by the water, and next to girl who was just simply amazing, considering he met her a good eight hours ago. To him, it seemed like he knew her his whole life.

He took an opportunity to steal a glance at her. He noticed a tear on her cheek and suddenly went into a battle with himself. He was debating if he should wipe away the tear or not. If he did, it would be the first time he would be making the first move with a girl.

He finally gave in, and lifted his hand to brush away the tear. Once his thumb touched her face, she grabbed his wrist and looked him in the eyes. He noticed they were red and glazed over. Her chin quivered and he knew it wasn’t from the weather. He pulled her close to him and too his surprise she wrapped her arms around him and started to sob into his shoulder.

He wasn’t used to girls crying, but he decided to the best he could. He gently played with her hair and whispered soothing words in her ear.