Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

You'll Think of Me by GracieAnne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Seven
She Said Yes


Hermione stumbled back a bit, with wide eyes and her mouth slightly open. The look on Remus’ face was of sadness and she must of have looked like she was disgusted with what he had said.

“I guess I shouldn’t have asked,” Remus said quietly. He ran his hand through his sandy hair.

“No,” Hermione said, stepping forward. “No. I’m glad you did.”

“No you’re not. The look on your face tells all,” he said, turning his back on her.

“I’m shocked!” Hermione yelled. Everybody in the common room looked in their direction. Sirius, Peter and James looking rather amused and Lily and Alice looked like they could be ghosts.

Hermione turned back to Remus. “You would be too if you were in a different time and your old professor just asked you on a date,” she responded in a harsh whisper. She couldn’t believe that he would actually think that she would be disgusted with him. After last night and the other times they were alone together.

“That doesn’t make a difference,” he said with a low voice, turning around to face her. He had a look of anger and hurt on his face.

“How does that not make a difference?” Hermione asked harshly.

“Everything,” he replied, giving her a cold look.

“Why are you looking at me like I’m the one that has done something wrong?” She looked horror-struck and felt wounded from his words. She couldn’t believe that he would look at her like that.

“Never mind,” he said, turning away from her. He started to walk towards his friends when Hermione grabbed his arm. “What are you doing?” he asked through clenched teeth and in a callous whisper.

“Never you mind. You’re coming with me,” Hermione huffed. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the portrait hole. They got out into the corridor, and Hermione dropped his hand, finally realizing that she was holding it. Remus had a look on his face between confusion and anger. “There. We won’t be interrupted now.”

“Interrupt what?” Remus inquired.

Hermione bit her lip; she felt like she was going to regret what she was going to do. She stood up on her tiptoes and leaned into him. She softly pressed her lips against his, letting her eyes close. She felt Remus’ arms wrap around her waist and she found her hands on the back of his neck. Remus went to deepen the kiss but Hermione pulled away.

“What was that about?” he asked looking at her.

Hermione bit her lip, really not understanding her actions. She just shrugged and looked down at her feet, feeling humiliated for what she had done. Remus cupped his hand under her chin and tilted her head up so her eyes met his.

“Why?” he asked, curious about the kiss.

“I...I really...I really don’t know. You were making me...making me so...angry. I had to do something to actually listen to me,” she said, stuttering at some parts.

Remus smiled slightly. “So you weren’t disgusted with me?”

“No!” she said rather loudly. “I was just taken back and, well...” Remus’ lips pressed against hers, his arms wrapped around her waist once again, interrupted her, and she relaxed into his embrace. But a small voice in the back of her head made her come back to reality. Hermione reluctantly pushed away from Remus again.

“I can’t,” she said, softly. She placed her hands on his chest and rested her head on them. Remus rubbed her back, clearly not knowing what to say. “I’m sorry; I’m so confused.”

“No, it’s okay, really,” Remus soothingly said, “I understand.” Hermione lifted her head up and looked Remus in the eyes. He gave her a slight smile. “So, back to the question.”

“Question?”

“Yes, question. Would you like to go to Hogsmead with me this weekend?”

Hermione tilted her head back and smiled. “Yes,” she said happily. ‘I’m really going to have a date for once to Hogsmead, even if it’s Remus,’ Hermione thought to herself.

§§§§§§

“I wonder what’s going on out there?” Sirius asked, anxiously.

“Sirius, you sound like a two-year-old on Christmas Eve,” Lily sighed.

“Well, I want to know what’s going on with those two. I mean, they were out late last night, talking just fine, then they get mad at each other, she drags him out of the room. What do you want my mind to think?”

“We don’t want to know what your mind is thinking,” Alice griped. “Hey Frank!” She waved towards a tall boy with brown hair. “Guys I’m going to get going.”

“Sure thing, Ally,” Lily said.

“Yeah, have fun with Lover boy over there,” James joked. Alice swatted his arm. “What was that for?”

Alice ignored his question. “I’ll see you around Evans. Tell Hermione I’ll see her in Charms.”

“Sure. But where are you going to be?” Lily posed.

“If I told you, you would report me to McGonagall,” Alice answered with a smile.

“If I catch you two, I will. But what do you want me to tell Flitwick?”

“I was having terrible menstrual cramps and I couldn’t make it out of bed. You and I know he hates talking and hearing about the female body.”

“And neither do we,” Sirius and James said disgusted. Peter just nodded his head in agreement.

Lily and Alice rolled their eyes. “I’ll tell him. See you around Prewett. And guy’s, it’s not that bad.” Lily started to walk towards the portrait whole. “Better go see what Hermione and Lupin is up to.”

“Well, I think I should go too, since I’m Head Boy,” James stated, almost cocky.

Lily rolled her eyes. “Potter, you stay here. And don’t give me that face.” James pouted, acting hurt. “They don’t need your harassment.”

“Mooney loves my harassment,” James protested.

“But Hermione might not,” Lily declared over her shoulder.

§§§§§§

Remus and Hermione saw the portrait swing open and Lily walked out. “There you guys are. I was kind of worried that you guys were going to kill each other.”

“Naw, Lily. We’re all right. Just having an adult conversation,” Remus replied.

Lily smiled at Remus, then looked at Hermione and winked. “Well, for an adult conversation, I didn’t know it involved some, ahem, intimate connections. Remus, you got some lip gloss right here.” She wiped her bottom lip with her index finger. Remus slowly wiped his lip and Hermione and Lily laughed at his redden cheeks.

“Not funny, girls,” he said, slightly embarrassed.

“Lupin, just be glad that I wasn’t Potter. He would never let you live it down,” Lily acknowledged.

“That’s true.”

“So, what did you have to ask Hermione? It must have been a yes question otherwise there wouldn’t have been lip-gloss on your lip,” Lily asked, slightly interested with reason for her assumption.

“I asked her to...”

“What?”

“He asked me to go to Hogsmead with him,” Hermione answered for Remus. She was slightly self-conscious about it. She didn’t know why, but she felt her cheeks redden also.

“Really? And I take it that you said yes.”

“Yes.”

Lily smiled. “That’s good. You two can join Potter and I then.”

“Sounds great,” Remus smiled, but the smile faded. “Wait, you and James are going to Hogsmead? Together?”

“Well, yeah. I mean, we are the Heads, and well, it would be nice if we could show everyone that we do get along,” Lily said, a little uneasy by the direct question.

Hermione giggled. It was funny to see were Harry has gotten his uneasiness about relationships from. She remembered when she caught him and Ginny snogging in an empty classroom last year. Even if it was a happy memory, she felt a little sadden remembering. She forced the smile back onto her face.

Remus took a side glace at Hermione and caught her smile falter to a frown, but quickly put a smile back on.

“So are you guys heading down to the Great Hall?” Lily inquired.

Remus hesitated but then answered, “Naw, not right now. It’s only a Friday, and we are a little early. I thought maybe I could talk to Hermione for a bit.” Lily smiled and nodded that she understood. She knew what he meant by talking. “It’s not that, Lily. I swear you and James should just go out. You both think alike.”

“Remus John Lupin! I can’t believe you just suggested it!” Lily cried, slightly upset and slightly humiliated.

“Lily, why are you turning red, then?” Hermione snickered. Lily looked mortified by Hermione’s comment. “What? Lily, really, a tomato can’t turn any more red than you are right now. So why are you embarrassed?”

“I am not embarrassed,” Lily protested. She turned on her heel and walked down the corridor.

Hermione shook her head. “She likes him,” she thought out loud.

“James likes her, too,” Remus said. His voice behind her made her jump. “Jumpy, are we?” He put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to his side.

“Well, I’m not use to people talking in my ear,” she stated.

Remus laughed. “Well, I’m not use to people talking to themselves, or people not knowing what they want.”

“I do not talk to myself, and I know what I want,” Hermione said heatedly, stepping away from Remus. She faced him with a smile playing on her lips.

“Okay I believe the first thing you said. But the second one, I’m not in full belief.” He smiled at her waiting for her to retaliate verbally.

“You don’t think I know what I want?” Hermione asked, slightly amused by his questioning.

“No, I don’t think you do,” he smiled as he stepped closer to her. She looked up at him, and couldn’t help but smiled.

“If I didn’t know what I want, I wouldn’t have said yes to your question before,” she said, placing her hands on her hips, and giving him a mordant look.

“Well, that’s true,” Remus answered thoughtfully. “Want to go and get something to eat before everyone gets down to the Great Hall?”

“Why not,” Hermione shrugged. She linked her arm with Remus’ and they headed down to the Great Hall.

A/n: Thanks for all your guys’ reviews…means a lot to me to see if you guys actually enjoyed it! I am currently working on chapter 8