Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Beginning by magic_quill

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Beginning-

Remus-

“Remus wake up, love, its almost time to leave. Its September first.” My eyes flutter opened. My heart lurches. Hogwarts! September 1st. I get out of bed and pull on my jeans and t-shirt. I’ll change into my school robes on the train. I cast a last look around to make sure I’m not forgetting anything.

“Remus?” “I’m up mum!” I run down the stairs pulling on my sneakers as I run. I come to the kitchen. My mum has her back to me at the moment, and my dad is reading the Daily Prophet. They both looked up at me as I enter the kitchen. “Well, here comes the wizard!” exclaims my mum happily.

Deep down I feel extremely uneasy. I was so lucky to be accepted, due to my…er…condition, but I don’t exactly want to leave home. My parents have been the only ones who support me in my current state…all my childhood friends abandoned me as soon as they found out the truth about me. How can I leave my home and my parent’s love and support and go to a place where people won’t accept me because of my condition?

Some of my doubt must have shown on my face, because my mum looked at me with her happy blue-grey eyes twinkling, “Don’t worry son,” she said, “everything will be great, trust me. Someday people will come to realize how great you really are, and they’ll know that blood isn’t everything…up until then…just let yourself shine Remus…let them all see how great you are.” She smiled at me. Mum always has a way of cheering me up, especially when I need it the most. How could I possibly survive without them?


Sirius-

I start pacing the floor. I am up before anyone else in this cursed house. My eyes scan around the dark stuffy room that I call my own. How I despise it. I used to be afraid of the dark shadows that ran across my walls. My parents never comforted my fears. I had to outgrow them on my own. I have no fear of them left. I am just filled with hatred. I hear movement down the hall; great my lovely family must be up.

After a few moments, I hear my parents walking down the hall. My brother is also up. He walks over to my locked door and almost pounds it in. “Get up Sirius, NOW!” Regelus yells. He has the nerve to think he can control me. I roll my eyes, sigh and leave the silent haven of my room.

I walk down the dark gloomy and neglected stairs, past the sinister looking portraits of my family members, and make my way through the hall into our murky dismal dinning room. My father is sitting at the table reading the morning post. My mum is talking about her plans for my brother, while my brother is merrily sitting at the table, looking proud and disgusting. I loose my appetite, as I look onto my family a feeling of dread on my heart.

I know it’s my fate to be like them, but I don’t want to. I am a rebel in a family of dark wizards. As I move to take my seat as far from them as I can, my mum finally looks up ate me. ‘So, you’re up, are you?” she says. “Yes,” I respond darkly. She looks at me with distaste on her face. “I don’t like your tone boy. Have you written to the Malfoy's and the Sanpe's. We have agreed that you are to sit with them on the train, and become friends…perhaps they’ll teach you what its like to be a Black.” She and my brother begin laughing as if they were suddenly hit with a laughing spell.

I get up disgusted. “I’m not hungry…if you care, I’ll be in my room.” “No you won’t,” says my mum, “You will get your things and come down here, I’m dropping you off early…darling Regulus, your father and I are headed off to Knockturn Alley to pick the cursed pearl necklace that was found in that old manor…it will go lovely with my collection of rare jewellery.” I roll my eyes…the faster I get away from here the better.


James-

“James, get up…I’ve called you twice already!” I slowly flicker open my eyes. I grab my glasses off the bedside table. And sit up. September 1st. Hogwarts! How could I forget? I throw on some clothes, and I run out the door, sliding down the banister to the kitchen.

My sister is standing at the foot of the stairs, her eyes filling with tears. “Good morning Julie, what’s up?” I say looking at her crying eyes. “Mum says I can, go to Hogwarts!” she responds. I groan internally. Julia has wanted to go to Hogwarts since she was three years old. “Julie,” I say “Don’t worry, you’re small, I could squeeze you into my trunk…” “JAMES!” my mum yells from the kitchen. “Just joking mum!” I yell back.

We all sit down to breakfast in our sun-drenched kitchen. My father walks in with something behind his back. “JOHN! No, we have spoken about thins…you can’t give it to him…” “Please, Alice, its a family tradition…I have to.” He pulls something out from behind his back. “James…here this is for you…its been in our family for a while now…it’s always passed onto the eldest Potter child when the go to Hogwarts, but I want you to share it with your sister.” He hands me a cloak that feels like water. My Jaw drops; its an Invisibility cloak. “Wow, thanks” my voice manages to say. My dad grins… “As the traditions goes; ‘Use it well’”. I am in shock. I am so excited, yet nervous…ready or not…Hogwarts here I come.

Lily-

My alarm cloak goes off. Lily pull yourself together; It’s only a dream. I think, but my heart is pounding. I was grown up, and I had a son…but someone killed me…what? Stop it, you’re just nervous. I manage to relax myself, and begin getting dressed. Hogwarts. I savour the word over and over. I look out of my window at the peaceful Muggle street. I look down at my mum’s herbal garden basking in the sunlight. Her ordinary Muggle plants with the occasional magical herb that she kept for our sicknesses.

My mum is a squib. She cried the day I got my letter. She was so happy for me, so proud. It took a bit for my dad to understand…he’s an ordinary Muggle, but he is proud too. I am a ball of nerves. With both my parents unable to do any magic, and a sister who has shown no magical ability, my parents weren’t all that sure that I would make it. Now, I have high expectations to uphold…I can’t possibly disappoint them. I love them too much.

After dressing, I head down to breakfast. My seventeen-year-old sister is at the table. She looks up at me angrily. Becoming a teenager my sister became more and more distant, unfortunately, we never were that close. We were actually miles apart. She likes different things. After I got my letter, we got even more distant. My parents get up and hug me. My sister doesn’t even get up. “We’ll leave as soon as you eat, love,” says my mum, “we have a long drive ahead of us.”