Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Push in the Right Direction by Weasley Mom

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N All characters contained herein are, unfortunately, not mine and are from the fantastic mind of Ms. Rowling

Harry and Ginny's wedding day dawned bright and clear. The war had been over for almost seven years, since Harry had defeated Voldemort in the ruins of his parent's home in Godric's Hollow.

Harry was still a hero in the wizard community, not just for his defeat of the Dark Lord, but for his tireless efforts after the war to reunite the magical peoples and rebuild all that the war had destroyed. He and Ginny could have held their wedding anywhere with the most elite of the wizarding world in attendance. They chose, instead, to hold it in the courtyard at Grimmauld Place, where Harry had lived since leaving the Dursleys when he came of age. All of their closest family and friends were with them to celebrate their joy.

Hermione, VERY pregnant with her and Ron's first child, was Ginny's matron of honor and Ron was Harry's best man. Neville and Luna's tiny daughter Alice was their flower girl.

The wedding itself was a very sweet, simple affair. Dumbledore himself performed the ceremony, and everything was capped off by a huge display of Fred and George's latest fireworks, which made even Mrs. Weasley admit that perhaps the twins had not done too badly after all.

While Harry and Ginny's hearts were bursting with joy, they couldn't help but miss those that they had lost. Hagrid, Percy, Charlie, Mad-Eye, Remus, and of course Sirius, James and Lily. They were all thought of and all remembered on this day.

Finally after all of the guests had left or gone to bed, Harry and Ginny headed hand in hand up to their bedroom talking quietly to each other as the ascended the stairs.

"Well Mr. Potter, took you long enough to get here," said Ginny grinning impishly up at her husband.
"Me? You're the one who kept dating all those other men. Dean Thomas...Michael What-his name... How was I supposed to know you were interested?"
Ginny giggled. "I'm not sure who was more clueless; you, or my prat of an older brother."
"Ron" said Harry. "Most definitely Ron."
Harry and Ginny exchanged a private smile as the walked into their room.

There, sitting in the center of the large feather bed was a folded and well worn piece of parchment. Ginny looked up at Harry in shock.

"Harry that looks like.."
"The Marauder's Map" finished Harry. "But it can't be. I mean, Gin, it was destroyed during the battle at Hogwarts."

And yet... Harry couldn't help himself he walked over to the bed and picked up the parchment. Pulling out his wand he tapped it lightly and uttered, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

Hardly daring to breathe, he and Ginny watched as words slowly appeared on the paper.

Mr Moony extends his congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Potter and sincerely hopes that their lives will be filled with joy.

Mr Padfoot wishes to express his hope that now that Mr. Potter has finally managed to drag his bride to the altar, his days will be filled with laughter and his nights will be filled with love.

Mr. Prongs would like to add that he is extremely proud of all that his son has accomplished and congratulates him on his excellent taste.

Mrs. Prongs sends her love to both of the Potters and expresses a sincere desire for lots of messy-haired, green-eyed grandchildren to watch over in the very near future.


"Harry...How? I mean...well..." Ginny looked up, wonder in her eyes.

Harry smiled gently at her through his tears, "A great man once told me that to the organized mind death is just the next great adventure. Besides, you didn't really expect my family to miss our wedding day did you?"

And with that Harry tapped the map again and quietly said, "Mischief Managed" as he turned smiling to his bride to begin their new life together.

The End