Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lilly Green and the Deadly Duo by Lilly_Green

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter One

The News

One fine morning, when you can feel joy and friendliness in the air, an 11-year-old girl awoke to see her gorgeous British countryside rolling and encircling her home. This girl’s name was Lilly Green. She had flaming, fiery red hair, and bright, emerald green eyes. Everyone had always said her name had matched her personality perfectly, for they all knew of her love for out-doors and wildlife. Lilly lived in her home country of England with her mother Joan, and father Daniel.

Lilly sprang up from her bed because she knew what day it was. Her father had promised to take her fishing on the beautiful lake of her family’s. Lilly’s father called it, “The Green Lilly Pad” for it was indeed a particularly greenish color, and Lilly wouldn’t want it to be called anything other than that. Also, her mother had promised to take her to a plant nursery to pick out a variety flowers for a new garden. Lilly’s parents of course knew that Lilly loved these things, so they decided to take her out before school started.

Lilly dashed down the stairs and found her father organizing his tackle box, and her mother putting on gardening gloves. This just made Lilly even more excited.

“Alright, Lilly, you’d best eat breakfast and get on your fishing clothes before we go,” said Daniel.

“Sure, Dad. I can’t wait!”

Lilly ran back up stairs and put on her special fishing jeans, vest, and hat. She had these clothes pre-arranged the night before out of suspense. She ran back down stairs and found a bagel and eggs waiting for her. She quickly gobbled it down and beamed at her parents. They smiled back at her. But then, Joan and Dan exchanged very worried looks. Lilly thought, Why on earth are they doing that for? But then their faces went back to smiling at Lilly when they noticed Lilly’s puzzled look. She thought something was definitely going on between her parents, but Lilly kept her thoughts to herself as she and her father left for the lake. On the way there, Lilly couldn’t keep her curiosity inside any longer.

“Dad, why did you and Mum look so worried after I ate breakfast?” Dan’s happy face melted. He definitely looked like he wanted to avoid something, but what?

“Well……um….Lilly, dear…….I’ll tell you later,” and that ended that discussion.

Once they had got to the lake, they got their private boat from the Green family’s private dock. They hopped inside the boat and went out to the middle of the lake. Lilly couldn’t help but smile. This was her most favorite spot in the entire world.

“See, Lilly? Isn’t this great?” Daniel asked.

“It’s lovely,” Lilly replied breathing in all the beauty.

The lake looked especially shimmery and luscious. The trees were even singing and towering over Lilly like a guardian. She loved it. After Dan and Lilly had each caught three fish, which took an hour, and after they laughed and talked and splashed each other, Daniel became serious, like he was at his office.

“Right, Lilly?” Lilly turned her head to her dad. “I need to tell you something.”

Lilly was half surprised at this because they were just having so much fun. But then again, she was expecting him to tell her why he and Lilly’s mother had looked so troubled this morning.

“Sure Dad. What is it?” said Lilly putting her fishing pole down. Dan did the same with his pole, and looked Lilly in the eyes.

“Lilly, I don’t know how to put this. Well, we Greens are…..well……different.” Lilly made a confused look. What was her father talking about?

“Well, of course Dad. Everyone is different…”

Dan interrupted his daughter. “No Lilly, you don’t get it. We’re really really different. Lilly, we’re magical.” Now Lilly was completely lost. She still didn’t have a clue of what her father was trying say.

“Magical? What am I, a unicorn?” Lilly said sarcastically. “Seriously Dad, are you alright?” Lilly could tell that her father was getting irritated.

“Lilly, you must understand this. It is vital for your future. Lilly dear, you’re a witch.”

Lilly nearly fell out of the boat. She started panting and the lake started to spin. What did her father just say?

She let out a choked, “W-what?” Daniel took her hand.

“Yes, Lilly, and I’m not insulting you. You are a real, magical, pure-blooded, witch!” This was happening way to fast for Lilly. She held her head and tried to take it all in. A witch? But that was only fake and imaginary, like in Harry Potter books.

“Dad, I think you’ve read way too many of J.K. Rowling’s series,” Said Lilly skeptically.

“No. Your mother and I have kept you watching and reading them so it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise once we told you. See Lilly, that Rowling lady was an old reporter for The Daily Prophet. She got fired and traveled to the future to expose the future of our world to the Muggles. Harry Potter doesn’t even exist. Yet.

“Fortunately, the public took it as a fictional series. We still fear that the Muggles will take over, so we try and keep the magic folk line going by marrying and sending the children to magic school.”

Daniel sighed and gave a relieved look. Lilly could tell that he was happy for himself that he alone delivered this breath-taking news to her.

“So, you and Mum planned this day, just to tell me this?” Lilly thought her father might have done this as a joke. How could it be possible?

“Yes. We thought that when we told you, you’d have time to let it set in before you get your Hogwarts letter tomorrow.”

Now Lilly was shocked. Tomorrow? This huge adventure would begin tomorrow?

“The owls deliver on Sundays because the regular post is here otherwise,” said Daniel. Lilly just grabbed her pole, casted her line and thought.

Is there a Voldemort? Is he even real? What about all the teachers and students, is it real? Now Lilly’s worries were overcome by a wave of excitement. Tomorrow would be one grand day.

*********************************

A/N: I just sent in the next chapter. I hope you'll like it! It's how Lilly shops for her stuff at Hogwarts and gets some other unusual stuff.............remember, ALWAYS REVIEW!!!!!
IT'S BEEN ACCEPTED! THE SECOND CHAPTER! I'M SOO HAPPY! REVIEW, THEN READ ON!