Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lilly Green and the Deadly Duo by Lilly_Green

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Four

The Ravenclaw

It was beautiful. This huge, tall and gleaming Hogwarts was Lilly’s new home. Then all of the sudden, someone squeezed Lilly’s hand, hard. Lilly whipped around and saw Andrea Sparks beaming at her excitedly. They both squeezed each others hands tightly as they were loaded onto the boats to Hogwarts. Lilly didn’t even notice this because she was so thrilled about her new school.

It was enchanting. The huge, billowing, castle was luminous in the night as they made their way toward it. When they finally arrived in the Great Hall, after seeing a live tree, the room was warm and welcoming. Millions of cheerful faces greeted them along with the best face of all, Albus Dumbledore. Professor McDronagall, as it turns out her name is, was standing by a small, silver linked bracelet on a wooden stool. Lilly wondered where the Sorting Hat was, or even if there was one. “

Welcome to Hogwarts. When I call your name, come up here and put this bracelet on,” McDronagall said acknowledging the bracelet, “and it shall sort you.”

“So I guess Rowling added a bit of her own imagination into her books, eh?” Andrea whispered. Lilly knew she was talking about the Sorting Hat, so she nodded.

“James Johnson.”

A brown haired boy with glasses stepped up and put the bracelet on. It turned many colors and vibrated, and James winced a bit. Then it made a dinging noise. It sounded like what you hear when what you’ve been cooking in the microwave is done. Then the bracelet declared a house. It was Gryffindor.

A table with a scarlet tablecloth cheered and more kids went up to the stool when McDronagall finally said, “Lilly Green.”

Lilly got really nervous and sat on the stool. Lilly saw that she was shaking, madly. She thought the bracelet looked like and elegant, evening one, but she was very wrong. It pinched a bit and spinned on her wrist and turned mostly yellow and blue. Then it finally read, ‘Ravenclaw’.

Lilly was relieved that she wasn’t in Slytherin, but in her father’s old house. The Ravenclaws (a table with a sea blue tablecloth) cheered, madly. After three other people, Andrea was called.

She walked casually up and shoved the bracelet up her wrist. It took and oddly long time for Andrea until itread ‘Hufflepuff'. Lilly was mildly happy when Andrea walked over to the loud and cheering, yellow Hufflepuff table because Lilly thought that Andrea was a bit show-offy. Then, someone tapped Lilly on the shoulder.

It was a boy with wavy chestnut brown hair and gleaming, deep blue eyes that matched the tablecloth. Lilly didn’t want to yet, but she found herself mildly taken with this boy. When he smiled at her, Lilly could’ve melted. “I’m David James. Welcome to Ravenclaw! I’m a second year. If you’d like, I’ll show you around Hogwarts and get you to your classes. It’d be an honor to help someone as gorgeous as you. So, what d’ you say?” David beamed even more.

Lilly blushed scarlet. “Well David, if I said I fancy you a bit and accepted your offer, what would you say?” Lilly smiled at him.

Then he blushed. “I’d say I fancy you a bit too, and thank you.”

“Well, I’m Lilly Green.”

David winked at her. “Gorgeous name you’ve got.” Lilly was so happy that she had made a new friend.

Once the sorting ceremony was over, Lilly and David dug into the delicious food and talked just about everything. Lilly told David about her parents, her cat, her love for outdoors, and how she found out she was a witch. It turned out that David was also a pure-blood, was twelve, lived with his father since his mother passed away when he was small, and loved outdoors just as much as Lilly did. David told her that she’d love Herbology just like him. Lilly couldn’t agree more.

Once the feast was over, Lilly took a few jumping staircases and followed David up to the Ravenclaw dormitories. The password was ‘goblin ear’, and the entrance was a moving picture that was an African jungle. The giraffe could talk (David said it was bewitched) and let them all in. The common room looked a bit like the Gryffindor one in the movies, but it had differences, too. It had blue carpet that matched David’s eyes and silvery couches and armchairs. There were also several wizard chess boards aligned in the back. The room was very big with circular tables scattered around. There were also two giant, roaring fireplaces.

Dave (Lilly asked if she could call him ‘Dave’ and he chuckled and kindly accepted) showed Lilly where her dorm was. Dave’s was on the left, two flights up, and Lilly’s was on the right, one flight up. But first, before they went to bed, they played a game of wizard chess. Of course, Dave won. Lilly smiled, and so did he.

“I’ll teach you how to play a bit better later on.” Then Dave pulled out his wand and said, “Rendivour!” Then all of the broken chess pieces walked onto the board and put themselves back together. Lilly was stunned at this. Then, David and Lilly sat themselves down on a couch and stared into the blazing fire.

They talked more about their lives and each other and Hogwarts. Then, Dave asked to see Lilly’s mamera. He seemed quite interested in it, so Lilly accepted and ran up the staircase to her dorm to get it from her trunk. Up in her dorm, she found all of her things there by a blue and silver canopy bed, along with Doan curled up on silver, fluffy pillow.

Lilly sat down and stroked him a bit while he slept and thought about her new classes. She’d get her schedule tomorrow, and she couldn’t wait. Then Lilly snapped out of her thoughts, grabbed her mamera, cauldron, and potion list, and brought them down. Lilly found Dave waiting for her and she laid the items on the oak table in front of their couch. Dave helped her understand and brew the potion and told her where to get all the ingredients. He said he’d get them tomorrow for her while Lilly took the pictures tonight and tomorrow. When they got tired and were about to go up to their dorms, Dave quickly planted a small kiss on Lilly’s cheek then raced up to his dorm. Lilly went to sleep quite happy that night.

*****************************
A/N:
My computor is so dumb, it won't cooperate with the site! Once it behaves, chapter five will be on its way, but STAY TUNED!