Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Secret Room of Salazar Slytherin by MoonyPadfootProngs

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Harry! Ron! Come here, hurry up!"

Harry, who had been playing a game of chess with Ron in the common room looked up at Hermione who was standing just inside the portrait hole and very red in the face. For a moment he just stared at her, not wanting to leave his game because he was actually winning this time.

"Harry! Are you deaf, I told you to come here! Ron, you come too, this is gonna…" At that moment she passed out on the floor and started to snore rather loudly.

Now, everyone knew that Hermione had become narcoleptic ever since the fifth year ended. (For those who don't know what that is it's a very real medical condition that causes you to fall asleep suddenly at random times.) Anyway, all of that constant studying she had done finally became too much for her and she therefore became narcoleptic. Harry and Ron got up and walked over to the snoring Hermione, both of them rolling their eyes. They were getting very sick of having to wake her up every few minutes. Harry knelt down and tapped her shoulder and said in a very bored voice, "Hermione, wake up." She suddenly sat bolt upright and smacked into Ron causing him to fall to the floor with a loud CRASH.

"Ron!" yelled Harry who ran over to help him up. Hermione however hadn't noticed and had continued talking like nothing had happened.

"Ron, what are you doing on the floor? Come on, get up and both of you follow me!"
Harry got Ron to his feet and they both followed her out of the portrait hole, Ron cursing loudly as they went. Hermione was skipping down the hall and humming happily as Harry and Ron caught up to her.

"Hermione! Where are you taking us?" yelled Ron over her loud humming.

"You'll see, you'll see, it's just down these…" She had fallen asleep yet again but she had done so the exact moment she reached the stairs. Harry and Ron flinched as they saw her limp body roll down 12 stone steps. When she landed, however, she bounced up quickly and continued running. She had apparently revived herself by her very violent fall but she seemed to not remember it. Both of them were just glad that they didn't have to pick her up again.

After what had seemed like hours of running, Harry and Ron, who had followed the loud crashing noises, had caught up to Hermione. She had come to a stop right in front of the Slytherin common room where she was leaning against the wall snoring. Harry raised his eyebrows and walked over to Hermione tapping her as far away as possible just in case she violently woke up again. But she didn't this time.

Instead, she muttered loudly in her sleep, "2 plus 2 is 5!" She awoke suddenly to find Harry and Ron staring at her like she had 12 heads.

"Oh my gosh!" she said, her eyes tearing up. "I was having a horrible nightmare where I was being chased by a 20 foot tall Luna Lovegood and I was being forced to shout out wrong answers to keep her away!"
Harry and Ron only stared.
"Oh it was horrible!" she continued hysterically. "Everyone was watching me and calling me stupid and…"

"Hermione!!" Ron had finally yelled. "Are you going to tell us why we are standing outside the Slytherin common room or not?"

Hermione looked around slightly confused and then she yelled suddenly, "Oh yes! Come this way!" She was pointing at the door.

"You're taking us here?" Ron asked, eyebrows rose. "Are you mad?"

"Of course not Ron," she said, looking at him with a puzzled expression. "You know that my name is Hermione."

She walked over to the door and Ron began to slam his head into the wall repeatedly in annoyance.

"No, Ron, that's not how you get in, they have a password, stupid." Hermione said, exasperated.

Ron mouthed "Weirdo." to Harry behind Hermione's back as she called out the password. "Snape farted." The door swung open with a loud groan and they all wandered in.

"Uh, Hermione?" asked Harry. "Whom did you get the password from?"

But Hermione didn't answer. She had fallen asleep again and had fallen face first over a large armchair and her legs stuck straight into the air.

Harry sighed and looked around the dungeon. It was completely deserted. Ron shrugged at Harry and walked over to the upside down, snoring, and drooling Hermione with an evil grin spreading over his face and said, "Shall we wake her or just leave her for the Slytherins to find?"