Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Reign of Love and Evil by Tyran

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Hope you like it...its my first fic...please R/R

Lily Potter gently kissed the two month old Harry. His little tufts of jet black hair lay ruffled, and Harry blinked once or twice showing his brilliant green eyes. Lily smiled and carried the infant into her and James’ room.

James was lying on the bed, his glasses on, his face buried behind a book.

“James Potter, actually reading a book?” Lily asked incredulously.

“Hey to you, too,” James replied looking up. “I was reading about your powers.”

Lily sighed. Even James was losing his playful nature. His face was worn from stress with the threat of Voldemort growing stronger every waking second. She cocked her head, letting her fiery red hair fall over her face.

“Lily…” James said softly getting up, gently stroking her cheek. He gave her a soft, yet long kiss and smiled.

Lily felt his delicate and miraculous lips touch hers and she melted into his mouth. She couldn’t believe it…they were married and he still had the same effect on her as he had in their school years.

He broke away grinning. “Hmmm, Lily, I always wondered why they named you Lily; it’s ironic that the heart of your seer power comes from the same delicate flower as your name,” James pondered.

“Don’t know guess it was fate,” Lily replied, bouncing baby Harry gently.

“Come on, Harry, come to Daddy,” James said sweetly, softly picking up the small infant. Harry made a small noise of acknowledgment and snuggled deep into James’s chest.

Somewhere, a door creaked open, and both James' and Lily's heads snapped toward the hallway.

James handed the sleeping Harry to Lily and went to take a look.

Lily silently treaded after him, hiding Harry from sight inside her robes. She watched as a tall man with short silver-blonde hair walked in holding a cane.

"Hello...Malfoy," James said curtly.

"Move out of our way, Potter...or your dear wife and little baby won't live to see another day,” he said coldly. “I’m here for one thing and one thing only. Don’t defy the Dark Lord again, he won’t like it.”

“And what exactly are you looking for, Malfoy?” James inquired, ignoring his first comment.

“That,” Malfoy replied, pointing to the pendant around Lily's neck.

Lily held her breath and held onto the pendant. It was amethyst crystal, sculptured into a Lily, and surrounded by emeralds sculpted into leaves. It was small enough to fit in the hand, and was around Lily’s neck on a golden chain. James had given it to her in her seventh year.

“Over my dead body,” James replied in a warning voice.

“Then so be it,” Malfoy replied. He shot a spell at James that made a strange whistling spell, the very same sound that marked the beginning of their last year at Hogwarts.




The train whistle echoed and Lily was bidding her mother and father farewell.

“Goodbye, Mom; bye, Dad,” Lily said, smiling happily.

“Goodbye, sweetheart,” her dad replied softly.

“See you at Christmas, honey,” her Mom said, kissing her daughter on the forehead.

“Bye, Petunia,” Lily said coldly.

“Goodbye,” Petunia retorted, not bothering to address her sister's name.

Lily needed to hurry, she didn’t want…

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Evans,” James said suavely, strolling up to them with jet black hair a mess and his hazel eyes gleaming with untamed mischief.

“Hello…James, right?” Lily’s father said, warmly grasping James’ hand, who merely nodded at the question.

“Hello, James…Lily has said many things about you!" her mother said, looking at James fondly.

“What kind of things?” James asked innocently, looking at Lily and winking.

“She talks about how…” her mother started.

“Look at the time…it’s time for us to go.” Lily said quickly, pretending to look at her watch.

“Oh…okay,” her mother said, getting the gist that her daughter wanted her to stop.

“Goodbye, Lily,” Mr. and Mrs. Evans said, simultaneously waving as Lily went through the barrier.

Lily got on the train, thanking God that her mother hadn’t continued…then James would think she had some type of crush on him. Which she didn't of course, she already had a boyfriend…Aaron. While she was looking through the compartments, she finally found her friends, Elsie and May, sitting in a compartment together, and joined them.

“Hey, guys!” Lily exclaimed, grinning at her best friends.

“Hey Lily, guess what? I got…” Elsie started.

“Are you going to let me guess?” Lily asked, cutting her off.

“No, she isn’t,” May replied rolling her eyes at her friends.

“I got engaged to Allen!” Elsie replied, her face shining with joy.

Elsie was seventeen with golden curly hair, and a light and good hearted temper that matched her dazzling blue eyes. She was slim, but her face had a babyish look to it, giving it a slightly round appearance. She had been Lily’s best friend since Lily’s second year. Elsie was a pure-blood and her entire families were Aurors. Elsie was a smart female and very good at charms but being shy, she was humble about her true talent for magic.

“Hey Goldie Locks, would you mind if I told you I once dated him?” May asked innocently.

May was sixteen going on seventeen, with jet black hair. She had a fair temper, but if somebody did something to make her lose it, anything or anyone that stepped in her path would be yelled at, and then thrown at least a hundred feet backwards. She had deep brown eyes and was smaller than Elsie and Lily by a few inches. She, like Lily, had Muggle parents. She was very upfront about her abilities and had a knack for making the simplest spell hurt.

“You WHAT?” Elsie cried out.

“Yep, we made out hundreds of times, he’s not a bad kisser…but Sirius was much better,” May said.

“I had a crush on Sirius for a short time. And Sirius is so not a better kisser,” Elsie sniffed.

“If I remember rightly, you were one of the girls on Valentine’s Day in our second year who lined up to snog him for ten minutes, and then pay a galleon for every extra minute!” Lily mused, watching her friend go red.

“I remember she paid at least twenty… actually if I’m correct she paid exactly thirty-seven,” May said.

“It was thirty-six, and my crush on him is long gone,” Elsie said in a tone that said the conversation was closed.

“Well I’d love to see you two chat, but I have Head Girl Duty,” Lily said, getting up and moving out of the compartment.

“So, now that she’s gone, when do you think her and James will get together?” Elsie asked May.

“Well, first she has to see that Aaron is nothing special, but if I had to guess...she'll probably start to fall for him around the Christmas Holidays, and in spring they will go on their first official date,” May said, acting like an expert.

“Is that your “physic” powers?” Elsie replied dubiously, “You know, just because that old bat Trealwy or whatever her name is said you have… “the power of the seer” doesn’t mean it’s true.”

“I know she is a bit on the mentally challenged side, but my feelings and pure instincts are almost always right. That’s how I made my guess," May said indignantly.

It was true…May did have a talent for picking out what was going to happen. In her third year when they were watching Quidditch, she had a bad feeling a bludger would get out of control and hit either Elsie or Lily. Lily was wary and left, but Elsie didn’t believe her friend and ended up getting her nose broken.

“That’s what I’m afraid of. I think after the winter holidays she’ll begin to fall for him and then around Easter…well into spring they will go on a date.” Elsie replied.

“Was that your version of a vision?” May questioned.

“No…its feelings.” Elsie replied. And a bit of cheating, She thought.

James looked around to find the Marauders compartment. It wasn’t hard to find…there was a line of girls outside it. James had to push himself in, only to see Sirius snogging a fairly good looking blonde.

“Another snogging fest?” James asked.

“Yep,” Remus replied, his nose buried in a book. “That’s disgusting, just so you know.”

“Hey, don’t mess with me and I won’t mess with you,” Sirius replied, watching a particularly good looking girl with short black hair walk in.

“Hey, May,” Remus said not looking up.

“That was freaky,” James said, giving Remus a weird look.

“Hey, Remus,” May replied.

“Listen, I’d love to sit here all day drooling and watch Sirius snog every girls at Hogwarts, but I have Head Boy duties,” James said looking at Peter, who was eagerly waiting for more snogging to begin.

As soon as he was gone, May asked, “Want to help me with something?”

“Listen…if you want to get into my room at night I’ll tell you exactly how,” Sirius said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

May seemed to swell with anger, and she whipped out her wand. “Ugh…Sirius Black…you are the sickest male I have ever known.”

“Is that a yes or a no?” he replied, smirking at the look on her face.

May and Lily were about the only two girls in all of Hogwarts who hadn’t fallen for Sirius’s charm.

A purple beam shot out of her wand, hitting him in the head. Sirius’ eyes widened as he felt himself change in multiple ways.

“And you called me sick…changing…making…how…why…?” Sirius gasped angrily.

May twirled her wand and asked, “So…ready to do my bidding?”

A/N: Next chapter...May and Sirius plot to get James and Lily togethor so May can win the bet. Lily also is speaking to James for six sentences without throwing an insult at him. GASP Please R/R