Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Reign of Love and Evil by Tyran

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“RUN LILY!” James cried out, dodging a giant bolt of lightning.

Lily shook her head and started running when a death eater appeared in front of her. Lily stopped dead in her tracks and pulled out her wand.

“Leave us alone!” she cried, clutching Harry closer to her chest.

“I want the pendant, Malfoy was nothing more than a distraction, now give it to me or you’ll be forced to give it to me,” said a cold voice that Lily couldn’t quite place. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

Lily backed away, realizing it was none other than Severus. “You, how could you?” she stammered, still backing away.

“Give it to me!” he yelled.

“Never.” Lily broke off into a run through the house desperate to get to the back door. She couldn’t Apparate because of Harry; it wasn’t safe until the baby was at least 2 years old. She heard a small pop and Severus appeared in front of her.

She shoved him out her way and grabbed the door handle. Suddenly she felt something rip her off her feet and when she landed she was in a dungeon. The walls were stone and their were no windows. Their were two straw piles, presumably for beds.

She stood up and checked on Harry. It wasn’t right to use a portkey until the baby was five. Harry was awake looking around but seemed otherwise fine.

She stood up to find her gown covered in…blood. Lily shivered and realized the entire floor was covered in blood and on the walls were skeletons, in chains and whips on the ground next to them.

Lily gasped and scooted away. She would have to try to Apparate. She closed her eyes but hit a barrier. She felt herself hit the floor breaking her ankle. Tears starting to leak up…and she felt denial starting to numb her pain. Just like it did with Aaron so many years back.




Elsie looked at Lily’s worn down face and sighed. She really should have listened to May. Lily bright green eyes were downcast and a few tears leaked down her already tear-stained face.

“I’m so sorry, but you would never listen to us when we tried to tell you why we didn’t like Aaron, we didn’t know he was cheating on you, but we didn’t like him,” Elsie said softly.

“Oh sure, rub it in!” Lily snapped.

“I’m not trying to rub it in Lily,” Elsie replied calmly.

“Yes you are, you are just dying to say I told you so, so go on and say it…just say it.” Lily said coldly.

“Lily, listen to me, I’m trying to help but he’s cheating with that quarter-veela girl and it isn’t right for you take your anger out on me,” Elsie said her voice rising.

“You!” Lily cried pointing to May as she entered the compartment.

“Me what?” May asked.

“You knew it all along that he was cheating, you and your stupid feelings and visions. And they said I was a freak, you’re more of a freak than I am!” Lily exploded glaring at May.

“Lily, calm down, this is not like you.” May said soothingly.

“Your freaking hypnosis isn’t going to help,” Lily said. “Wait, quarter-veela, which means she’s using her charm to steal my dear and precious Aaron away from me. I’ll show her, my poor Aaron is being charmed.”

“Umm Lily, quarter-veela’s turn out like normal people with normal looks, they have no charm that works on people, they just turn out with a little more than others but not always.” Elsie replied tentatively.

“No, he’s being charmed.” Lily replied.

May was shaking with what looked like rage. Whatever that was making her shake so violently exploded and she yelled, “Think about what you’re saying, THINK! Aaron is not captivated by some Veela charm, it’s on his own free will! He doesn’t give a care in the whole world about you. You are only seeing the good looks, the exterior, ever try looking at what’s on the inside, if you did you would see that James had been trying so hard for almost seven years just to have a decent conversation, he jumped in front of a unforgivable curse for someone who has turned him down and insulted him over and over, that’s true love! And until you see that Aaron is rotten down to the core, then me, or Elsie won’t be able to help you!”
May shot Lily a dirty look and stalked out.

“She’s right.” Elsie said quietly walking out leaving Lily alone.

Not much later the train slowed to a stop and Lily was about to search the regular carriages to find Aaron when James stopped her.

“We need to go to the Head Boy and Girl Carriage,” he said. He walked off, not bothering to do anything wrong.

Lily felt herself twinge then caught herself, What the heck was that about, urghhh, it felt so weird, what was it?

Lily entered the carriage, and she was suddenly being kissed by Aaron. She melted into his arms and all her fears melted away, no way someone who kissed her so wonderfully be cheating on her, it was all probably a rumor.

“How are you sweetheart?” he asked. “I heard that Chris guy hurt you, next time I see him he’s going down.”

“Thanks Aaron, but I’m sure one of the teachers will take care of it,” Lily replied gently kissing him.

“Well, I love you, and don’t let Potter try anything.” Aaron said walking off.

“Love you too,” she called after him waving frantically for no reason. He turned back and gave a small wave and kept walking.

Lily smiled to herself and went to go get on the carriage to see James crying. Tears leaked down his face and his glasses were held in his right hand. He ran his hand through his hair much slower and caught himself. He stopped and pulled out a comb and started combing his hair.

“Uh, hi James, how are you doing?” Lily asked knowing very well he was hurt.

He jumped and jammed his glasses on his face and started rubbing his eyes furiously .

“Fine, I think that spell did something to my eyes because I keep crying for no reason,” he said, his voice a bit stiff.

Lily didn’t believe him for one second and was about to retort angrily but stopped herself.

“Oh, sorry I made you jump in front of the curse,” Lily said looking down.

“No problem, would have done it for anyone,” James said quickly diverting his gaze.

Lily looked up to see him staring out the window. This wasn’t like James, maybe the curse had messed him up.

When they got to Hogwarts the Sorting Hat began its song... however this time it was very quick and blatant.

When it got to the students however it gave a small description of each one. It ended on Zen, Kyle saying how his ancestors were in Hufflepuff and became very good Curse-Breakers.

“That was strange,” Remus said. “It’s never given descriptions of each family before.”

“How would you know?” Sirius replied.

“I’ve read Hogwarts, a History and other books about the sorting, this had never happened,” Remus replied.

“You read to much,” Sirius said.

“If you would once in a while pick up a book then maybe you’d understand why I like them,” Remus retorted curtly.

“Oh come off it Moony, Sirius and I will never change,” James said.

“Yeah, they’re two ways to spell trouble,” Peter said.

“Hey, that’s good, James and Sirius, two ways to spell trouble,” James said nodding his head.

Peter blushed, getting a compliment from James was rare.

“Hogwarts begins another great year,” Dumbledore said, smiling and standing up. "Now, students, this year we have many students who haven’t returned and many new students. Also we must enforce the rules even more this year for the threat of Lord Voldemort is growing. Also I have added these twelve Snowy Owls to our many Owls. They are not to be used but to bring the sad news of death.” There was a small ripple throughout the students. “Lets hope they don’t have to be used and will grow fat and old.”

“Now…you may eat!”

The empty trays magically filled with food and slowly the Great Hall was very noisy.

“Snowy owls, that are a first, no kid has brought a Snowy Owl to school except for Tom Riddle.” Remus said.

“Who?” Peter asked.

“Tom Riddle, he was a student here, Tom Riddle was the first kid who bought a Snowy Owl as their owl,” Remus replied.

“You do read to much,” James said.

Remus ignored them and started eating.

As the Great Hall slowly emptied and everyone made their way back to their dorms May and Elsie were looking for Lily.

“Where did she go?” May asked looking at Elsie.

“We’ll find her in the dorm,” Elsie replied.

“Okay…Butterbeer,” May said to the Fat Lady who lazily swung aside.

In their dorm at about ten, a girl with short stringy dark brown hair entered their dorm looking extremely shy. She had two trunks behind her and a suitcase in her hand. She was wearing muggle clothes…an “I love you, but I love me more” baby blue sweater and blue jeans.

“Uh…this is our dorm,” May said uncertainly.

“I’m new…is this the seventh year dorm with May…Elsie…and Lily in it?” The girl asked.

“Yep,” Elsie replied. “I’m Elsie.”

“I’m Marilyn…Marilyn Tear.” Marilyn said a brief smile flashing across her face.

“I’m May,” May said shaking her hand.

“If you don’t mind me saying…but you look like a fifth or sixth year…not a seventh,” Elsie commented.

“Oh…I’m a sixth year…but I got jumped up to seventh,” Marilyn replied. “Long complicated story…when I was in Dumbledore’s office the hat was telling him how it though I would be great for Ravenclaw…but how I wanted Gryffindor…so here I am…”

“Well…nice to meet you Marilyn…there is another girl…her name is Lily Evans…but she’s not here right now,” May said shrugging.

“That’s alright,” Marilyn said as she moved to the only unoccupied bed.

The three girls kept talking till around midnight when May stood up.

“Elsie…Marilyn, I promised I would meet someone, see you later,” May said walking out.

“Does she usually go for visits?” Marilyn asked.

“No…I think she’s secretly seeing a boy she likes,” Elsie said. “Want to go check it out?”

“No thank you…I’d rather unpack and get settled in,” Marilyn replied.

“Okay…I’ll help,” Elsie replied, starting to help the new girl unpack.

May watched both hands of the clock move to twelve. She was getting inpatient…where was Sirius?

A black rose fell from behind her and into her hand. She looked it over when the voice of Sirius made her leap a few feet in the air

“Hey May,” Sirius said, standing behind her.