Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

From My Perch by Waddiwasi chik

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I have an unhealthy obsession with a fictional boy. Ah well, at least I’m not alone. You all know I’m not JKR, so there’s no use telling you otherwise. If you cared who I was, you’d read my author information, or whatever it’s called. If you’ve seen it in a HP book, it’s probably not mine.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eleven: Loose Ends

At length, they released one another. Smiling sweetly, Hermione planted a tender kiss on Harry’s nose. He took hold of her hands, and together they left the room.

Following them into the hall, we met Ginny and George. Apparently, Rachel and Fred had taken off when Hermione had inperturbed the door.

*~*~*

Seven years have gone by since that happy summer’s day when Harry and Hermione had first kissed. Many crucial events and life changing experiences have altered my opinions on many levels. Most important of which is my love life. Near the end of the wonder trio’s seventh year, Hermione got an owl. Not to mention, an owl of the male variety. His name is Roland, and our first owlet is due to hatch in a matter of days.

Anybody who thought that I was going to get through a whole romance without falling madly in love is utterly hopeless… Honestly, did you see how many of Cupid’s arrows were flying around?

Pig finally found the meaning of life. He’s become a writer. He writes. Don’t ask me how he manages it, but he’s actually written an autobiography… with a quill. I believe it’s several rolls of parchment. He’s trying to get Ron to publish it, but Ron doesn’t seem to understand what he’s saying.

Hermes is as “ well, he hasn’t changed. He is single and miserable, (I’m not sure he’s aware that he’s miserable…) but I can’t seem to stir up any sense of compassion for him…

Buckbeak is as blissfully unaware of important issues as he ever was. He gets along wonderfully with Luna though; she alone seems to be able to decipher the meaning behind his bland monotony.

Humans? This whole story was about the humans! We can’t focus on me a bit longer? Well, all right…

Ron and Luna married as soon as Luna got out of Hogwarts. They have one child, an adorable blond-haired, blue-eyed girl nick-named Lexy, (Her full name is Galaxy. Don’t ask me how the heck the got that name) and one more on the way. Ron got his dream job with the Chudley Cannons. His family moves around constantly, which couldn’t be more convenient for Luna, who loves to take her young daughter searching for unknown magical creatures.

Ginny started dating Draco as soon as she had dumped Dean and went back to school for her fifth year. They’re still dating. Though the family wasn’t thrilled at first, they’ve eased up a bit, and Draco is a regular dinner guest at the Weasley table.

Fred and Rachel got engaged shortly after Rachel’s nineteenth birthday. They had gone to a Hogwart’s class reunion, where Fred had boasted far and wide that he and Rachel were going to be married. When somebody pointed out that she didn’t have a ring, and inquired if he had even asked her to marry him, he shouted across the room: “OI! RACHEL! WILL YOU MARRY ME?” And she had shouted right back: “FETCH YES I’LL MARRY YOU!” Their wedding was “ for lack of better word “ interesting. They now have a set of fraternal triplets, all with varying shades of red hair, and almost neon green eyes. Two are boys; one is a very feisty girl. Their names are Alex, Boyd, and Tinton.

I remember Fred once telling Ron that he and Rachel spent their time ‘productively’… Looks more like reproductively to me.

They are definitely a true Weasley family.

George met one of Rachel’s friends, Kit, at Fred and Rachel’s wedding. They’ve gone on a date almost every night since then, and from careful observation, I can’t predict any change in the pattern.

Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes is still going strong with three managers: Mr. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Weasley.

Rachel’s older sister, Kirsten, and Charlie got married in Romania. She’s introduced him to alternative punk rock, which they listen and sing (very off key) together. They have a four-year-old boy, Billie Joe, whose dearest ambition is to grow up and tame dragons, just like his daddy.

Molly and Arthur are thrilled with their five grandchildren, though they expect many more… and don’t mind telling their children so.

Max finally met the woman of his dreams, Marietta Edgecome. Their idea of a romantic date is filing paperwork. Marietta doesn’t seem too thrilled or to upset about her predicament. Since her unusual acne does prevent a lot of normal social interaction, I believe she’s just relieved to have found somebody.

Harry finally defeated Voldemort after leaving school, becoming an Auror, and studying like a mad man. Hermione became a Healer. They were married in a small ceremony, accompanied by only the closest family and friends. For some reason, it was still all over the Prophet. They now have a set of twins, a girl and a boy. Lily has green eyes, and curly brown hair. James has chocolate brown eyes and the wildest black hair on the face of the earth. People often comment that they look just like their mother or father, except their eyes…

Even though they’re only a bit older than one, whenever they hear this, Lily and James just roll their eyes at each other.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Author’s Note: I’m finished. It’s done. I never even thought I’d get a story on mnff! For heaven sakes! What am I going to do with all the free time? *sighs heavily* Oh, darn, I guess I’ll have to come up with an idea for another. This chapter is the grand finale, and I’d really love to know what you thought about not only this chapter, but also the overall story!

-Rachel (Yup, that’s my name! I told you I wanted to marry Fred!)