Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

From My Perch by Waddiwasi chik

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I have an unhealthy obsession with a fictional boy. Ah well, at least I’m not alone. You all know I’m not JKR, so there’s no use telling you otherwise. If you cared who I was, you’d read my author information, or whatever it’s called. If you’ve seen it in a HP book, it’s probably not mine.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Six: Spiked Butterbeer

After my little trip down Harry’s memory lane, he explained that Draco had indeed been telling the truth. I would have asked him questions, but he can’t understand me, so it would have been fruitless.

He went downstairs, and I followed. He sat at the kitchen table with Ginny, Ron and Hermione. Ron had been oddly moody since their return from Diagon Alley, and had his arms folded. Mrs. Weasley was bustling around cleaning, as usual, but left to go sort laundry. Fred and George came in as she was leaving, looking over their shoulders. George sat down while Fred walked over the cupboard and pulled out bottles.

“Who’s up for some Butterbeer?” asked Fred, his back turned to the table.

Everybody except George exchanged suspicious glances.

“What’s the occasion?” asked Ron skeptically.

“How thick are you?” asked George. “I’d have thought that you in particular would still be celebrating about a certain new Weasley we all know.”

“Yeah, especially one who’s not a git,” added Fred while levitating bottles of foaming Butterbeer toward the table.

“But wont Mum notice?” asked Ron.

“Nah,” said George. “We’ve brought all our dirty laundry. It is such a pain to do it ourselves. She’ll be busy for a long while.”

“Good enough for me,” shrugged Ron, taking a swig of the foaming liquid. Everybody else followed, including Fred and George.

Ron had sat back and licked his lips when an odd, glazed expression unfolded across his face.

“Fred… George… You didn’t… Did you?” asked Ginny, looking both amused and as though she could not believe what she was seeing.

“What do you think?” asked Fred proudly.

“I think you’re both mad!” said Ginny.

“Veritaserum?” asked Hermione quietly.

“Why though?” asked Harry.

“Well, there are a few things that we’ve been wanting to know,” said George simply.

“Why’ve you been so moody since you got back from Diagon Alley?” asked Harry before Fred could say anything.

“Mum bought me more maroon socks, but that’s not what has really been bothering me…” Ron said.

“What is it then?” asked Ginny and Hermoine together.

“Fred kissed Luna,” he said angrily.

“And how does that make you angry?” asked Fred. “Me kissing Loony “”

Ron jumped up. “Don’t you dare call her Loony, you “”

Harry, Hermione and Ginny all leapt forward to stop Ron from attacking Fred, who looked rather stunned.

“I don’t “ know why “ he’s doing “ this,” said Harry, while trying to restrain Ron. “Last time I saw “ Veritaserum used “ the person didn’t “ get this emotional “”

Harry, Hermione and Ginny finally managed to get Ron back in his chair.

“When’ve you seen it used before?” asked Hermione.

“Barty Crouch Jr., you know, that nutter that pretended to be Mad-Eye in our fourth year. The only time he showed any emotion was when he was talking about Voldemort,” “ there was a general intake of breath “ “and that was with adoration, not anger.”

“Have you got an antidote for this?” asked Ginny angrily as Ron jumped up again for a fresh attempt at an attack.

“Right here,” said George, walking forward with a small tube of black liquid. He poured a few drops into Ron’s mouth.

Ron looked momentarily stunned. He fell back in his chair, now looking completely normal.

“Where were we?” asked Ron, completely unconcerned.

We all stared at him. I wondered how he could have been so angry a few moments ago, and then just… not.

Harry, Hermione and Ginny were looking rather thunderstruck, as were Fred and George, though they also looked triumphant.

“I knew it…” breathed Fred.

“What’s going on “ Why are you all looking at me funny?” asked Ron.

“What was the point of that?” demanded Hermione angrily,

“The point of what?” asked George, still grinning.

“You know very well what she means!” snarled Ginny. “Veritaserum!”

“Veritaserum?” asked Ron, clearly very confused. “You gave me Veritaserum?”

“Righto!” said Fred enthusiastically. “I am so sorry, Ron, for snogging your true love!”

Ron’s ears looked as though they were on fire. Harry and Hermione exchanged looks that clearly said, “Get ready, because Ron’s about to blow again.” But Ron did not loose his temper. He didn’t move to attack Fred. He just looked at the ceiling.

“She’s not mine,” he mumbled.

Ginny, who’s face had been angry before, suddenly looked as though she was trying very hard not to laugh. A feat that neither Fred or George were accomplishing very well. They were rolling around on the floor, crying with laughter. Harry was chuckling, and even Hermione cracked a smile before walking over to Ron and patting him comfortingly on the back.

“Don’t worry Ron, I’m sure she will be.”

“Yeah,” said Ginny, “I’ll talk to Mum and see if I can have her over for the rest of the summer.”

Ron looked up hopefully, “Really?”

“Of course,” said Ginny kindly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: This chapter is late, I know “ *covers head to avoid being hit by rotten tomatoes* and shorter “ *gets bombarded with rotten tomatoes* But I had a really bad case of writer’s block. The kind that makes you say, “Oh my freaking gosh! I have absolutely no freaking idea what to write!” Kinda like that… and I had conjunctivitis (pink eye) when I came back from camp, and wasn’t feeling in tip top condition!