Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

From My Perch by Waddiwasi chik

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I have an unhealthy obsession with a fictional boy. Ah well, at least I’m not alone. You all know I’m not JKR, so there’s no use telling you otherwise. If you cared who I was, you’d read my author information, or whatever it’s called. If you’ve seen it in a HP book, it’s probably not mine.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Seven: Snogging And Would-Be Scrubbing

Luna Lovegood arrived at 12 Grimmauld place in a week after they (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George, etc…) had received permission from the Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, then Dumbledore.

“I came on a Garmarkling Shimdug,” she said airily, walking into the kitchen. I shivered. Every one knows that the Garmarkling Shimdug eats owls… after gutting them alive.

She was wearing a pair of glasses that were swirled, giving her the look of a hypnotized person. Ginny came in after her, pulling Luna’s trunk. Harry quickly got up and took the trunk from Ginny, and began making his way toward the room that Luna would be sharing with Ginny and Hermoine. Ginny, Fred, George, and Hermione followed.

“Here,” said Fred, tapping Harry on the shoulder as he was about to start his way up the stairs. “Locomotor trunk!” he said, flicking his wand toward the trunk.

“Thanks,” said Harry. I watched them disappear up the stairs.

“Hello, Ronald,” said Luna, taking a seat next to him.

“Erm “ Hi, Luna,” said Ron, sitting up strait and sticking out his chest, obviously trying to look impressive. “What’s a Garmarkling Shimdug, anyway?”

Luna took off her glasses, and her eyes widened. “You’ve never heard of the Garmarkling Shimdug?”

“No,” said Ron. “But they must be “ interesting. Aren’t they?”

“Oh yes!” said Luna, pulling a rolled up magazine from her pocket, and handing it to Ron. “On page 43!”

Ron flipped to page 43, and read the article. As he neared the end, his eyes widened.

“Wow,” he said, handing the magazine back to Luna. “What happens when you meet an owl? Doesn’t the Garmarkling Shimdug “ you know “ gut it?”

“Oh no! Dad and I have trained him not to touch owls!” she said. I gave a sigh of relief.

“He? Does he have a name?” asked Ron.

“Yes. We found him a few weeks ago. I named him Ronald,” said Luna dreamily.

“Oh,” said Ron, looking rather pleased. “That’s a good name.”

“Do you want to see a picture of him?” asked Luna.

“Yeah,” said Ron excitedly.

Luna pulled a crumpled photograph, and handed it to Ron. He stared at it for a second.

“A tree? He’s a “ tree?”

“No,” said Luna, “He’s invisible!”

“Ooh, that’d explain it.”

I flew out at that point, all the talk of owl-gutting creatures was enough to make anybody sick. I flew to the room that Ginny, Hermione, and now Luna were sharing. Fred, George, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were sitting on three camp beds that were arranged in there.

“Congratulations, Ginny for successfully uniting Ron with his true love!” said Fred, shaking Ginny vigorously by the hand.

“Well, it’s because of you two that we knew that they fancy each other,” shrugged Ginny.

Hermione smiled. Harry chuckled.

“Well, it’s amusing at any rate,” he said.

“Let’s nip down quietly and see what they’re up to,” said Hermione conspiratorially.

Fred and George exchanged mock looks of shock.

“The honorable, trustworthy, etc…, prefect is suggesting that we spy on young lovers?” asked George.

“Well,” said Hermione, blushing, “yes.”

“All right, then,” said Fred happily, bounding toward the door.

“Quietly!” said Ginny, jumping up after him.

Everybody else followed, so I did too. They crept slowly down the stairs, careful to avoid the creaking floor board on the second landing. I flew ahead of the group and flew through the kitchen door. If owls could laugh, I would have died doing so.

Ron and Luna were locked in an embrace, but still managing to have a conversation. Well, actually it was more of a one sided conversation.

“Did you “ know “ that there’s “ a Wocmockle “ in here?” asked Luna breathlessly between kisses.

“Mmm,” mumbled Ron.

I heard a few chuckles from behind the door, though the snoggers did not.

“It’s in “ your hair,” Luna said.

“Mmm,” mumbled Ron again.

Luna seemed to give up on having a conversation, and proceeded to snog Ron so vigorously that the chair he was sitting on almost toppled over.

At that point Hermione fell through the door, crying with laughter.

Ron jumped about three feet into the air, his face was as bright as a glowing coal. Luna just sat there, her eyes still closed, smiling slightly.

“I’m so “ sorry,” gasped Hermione. “I couldn’t “ help it.”

Harry, who was laughing just as hard, attempted to help her up, but succeeded only in falling down himself. Ginny fell over them; she could barely breath she was laughing so hard. Fred and George, however, strode over to Ron and clapped him on the back.

“Good for you,” chuckled George.

“Brilliant,” said Fred.

Ron smiled sheepishly, “Thanks.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nobody made any mention of Ron’s snog fest the next day. Though everybody who had witnessed it took great pleasure in raising their eyebrows and smirking at them whenever Ron would attempt to lead Luna away to a nearby broom closet.

At breakfast, Ron and Luna sat next to each other, holding hands under the table, so as not to attract the attention of Percy, Mrs., and Mr. Weasley. Ginny sat on Luna’s other side, occasionally collapsing in fits of giggles, and blaming it on Pig, who was next to me, (as usual) regurgitating an unnaturally large owl pellet. It was revolting.

On Ron’s other side was Harry, who was next to Hermione, who was next to Fred, who naturally was seated by George. The last two were imitating Ron and Luna. They were making kissy faces at the couple when nobody was looking; Fred took George’s hand in his own and George giggled and batted his eyelashes.

“What is it with you two this morning?” demanded Mrs. Weasley upon catching Fred and George.

“It’s nothing Mum,” said George, taking a large bite of eggs.

“We’re just in a good mood, that’s all,” said Fred innocently.

“Well, I’m glad you’re in a good mood, because the attic needs cleaning,” said Mrs. Weasley.

A collective groan followed these words. After breakfast they began trudging upstairs. (“Oh, Luna dear, you don’t need to work! You’re our guest!” “Oh, no I’d be happy to help. There might be a ferparknim.” “…Erm “ All right then, dear…”) On the third landing, Ron and Luna made a slight “(slight meaning 11 minutes and 32 seconds) “ detour to a broom closet, but the rest continued on, sniggering. I flew after them, and when we reached the attic, I nearly flew back down again.

Old and very decrepit pieces of furniture lay cluttered about. Moth-eaten rugs were rolled up and placed against the far wall. Glass shards were everywhere, catching the light and flashing from the 2 inches of dust, dirt, and who knew what else that covered the floor.

“Well, let’s get started,” said Harry in a resigned sort of way. He picked up a batty broom from the corner, and began to pry the carpet of dust off the floor.

“Harry, Harry, Harry…” said Fred in mock exasperation.

“We have wands for that sort of thing!” said George.

“You may, but we “” Harry indicated himself, Hermione, and Ginny “ “don’t.”

“Oh, yes you do,” said Fred sneakily.

“The Ministry can’t detect underage magic in this house, its unplottable, unfindable, un “ whatever-able,” said George.

“Yes, but it’s still not right…” said Hermione, looking unsure. But Harry and Ginny had already bolted from the attic to get their wands. They came back moments later, Ginny clutching Hermione’s wand as well. Hermione still looked hesitant.

“C’mon, Hermione, you know you want to. Think how much easier it’ll be!” said Ginny coaxingly.

“But “” began Hermione.

“Please, Hermione,” begged Harry, “Let’s get it done before Ronniekins and his love get here and start snogging in front of us!”

Hermione immediately snatched the wand from Ginny’s outstretched hand, and pointed it at the nearest dilapidated armchair.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Note from Rachl (The author, you should know that by now… unless you don’t care): Tee hee hee, not to mention, giggle. I loved writing this chapter. A little fluff from the general direction of two of my favorite characters, Ron and Luna! Ah, if you think love is in the air now… You all just wait!