Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Letters by hp_princess

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The begining. I am making a few changes. I changed Irene's name to Emily and am rearranging my characters for a better plot. Hope you like it! Please review!
Disclaimer: I do not, repeat do not own any of this. Well, Julia, Irene, Professor Orion, and a few others, but that’s it! J.K. Rowling is a wonderful author and I hope to someday write just like her.





Without further ado I give you Love Letters, Chapter One: Home At Last…





_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _





Lily Evans gazed over the hall, her emerald green eyes taking in the smiling faces, steaming platters of food, and happy students. She smiled and brushed a lock of her auburn hair out of her face. It’s good to be back, she thought. Turning her eyes to the Gryffindor table, she looked at her friends and peers. She sighed. Only two more years, she thought, two more years. Plus next year we’ll have N.E.W.T. classes. What a nightmare those are going to be. Looking further down the table, she spotted the famous Marauders: James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. Her beautiful smiling face turned to a scowl as soon as she looked at Potter. How could he? How could he do that to me?





“Lily!”





A voice disrupted Lily from her thoughts, and she turned to face Julia Demartini, one of her best friends.





“Yeah, Jules?” Lily asked, using her favorite nickname for Julia.





“Were you even listening to me?” Julia asked, while she pulled her dark brown hair out of her face. Lily laughed just laughed.





“No, she wasn’t, ” stated Emily Moss, “As usual.” As she laughed along with Lily, her blonde hair shook. Emily completed the trio.





“Emily’s right. I wasn’t, but that’s ok. You talk so much I thought you would just repeat it again later.” At this comment both Lily and Emily started cracking up.





“Oh, come on guys. I don’t talk that much,” Julia said as she elbowed Lily in the ribs. “Do I really talk a lot?”





“Julia, you are too much!” Irene exclaimed. With this the three girls started laughing again and turned to finish their dinner.





_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _








The girls entered the Gryffindor common room later that evening in high spirits. Talking excitedly about being back, they climbed the stairs up to the girls’ dormitories.





“Lily, this year I am making you try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team,” Julia stated as the girls entered their dorm.





“I won’t,” Lily said, moving over to her bed.





“Awe come on, Lily! This summer you made every shot when we played at my house.”





“And you were really good at blocking them too. You would make a good keeper!” Emily exclaimed.





The three girls had spent part of the summer at Julia’s house in Surrey. They had spent much of the time out on Julia’s small Quidditch pitch. Julia was one of the Gryffindor Chasers and had her parents set up a mini Quidditch pitch when she made the team. It even supported their house team, with the red and gold colors.





“ So what? That was just for fun. And I don’t want to be on a team with Potter.” Lily was looking serious now.





“Oh yeah, I forgot about him,” Julia said, making a face. Every time Lily mentioned Potter nowadays she made a face, and it usually wasn’t a nice one.





“What happened between you two? I thought you guys were becoming friends,” said Nadia Perez. She was one of the girls’ other roommates. She had long dark hair and big brown eyes. Her family had moved from Argentina to the United States when she was eleven. There she went to the Krynnkey Academy of Magic and transferred to Hogwarts in her fourth year.





“I don’t want to talk about it,” Lily said. I don’t even want to think about it, she thought.





“Please? I would like to know what happened. No one ever told me.”





“Just drop it. She said she doesn’t want to talk about it,” Julia said her eyes flashing. She was very protective of her friends’ feelings.





“Come on, I want to know.” Nadia was very pushy, and she and Julia had never really gotten along. They had always just been total opposites; plus it didn’t help that Nadia was in love with Sirius, Julia’s sworn enemy.





Lily was now sitting on her bed, fiddling with her necklace. Her green eyes were cold and staring off into space, as if she was remembering something terrible.





Emily walked over to Nadia and said, “Well, we don’t like to talk about it. If you are so curious go ask someone else.” She was glaring at Nadia as she spoke again, “As you can tell, Lily doesn’t like to talk or even think about either, so please don’t bring it up again.”





“Come on,” Nadia yelled, “What is your problem? It is a question!”





“It isn’t our fault you were on vacation in Argentina when it happened,” Julia huffed.





“Oh my god. I ask a simple question and you all get so huffy about it.”





“Well it’s your fault you stick your big nose where it doesn’t belong,” Emily said, defending Julia, even though she usually didn’t like to get into her friends' fights.





“Wow, someone actually has a dark side. Are you going to bite me? Oh and Lily,” Nadia said turning to Lily, “ Whatever it was, why don’t you just get over it? No one really cares anyway.” With that Nadia stomped out, clomping down the staircase.





As soon as she left, both girls turned to Lily who had crawled onto her bed.





“Lily, don’t listen to her. She is a bitch,” Julia said.





"Thanks." Lily smiled, even though she had silent tears streaming down her cheeks. "She is kind of right though. I should get over it." Emily moved closer to Lily and put her arm around her.





“It’s ok to cry." She looked at Lily her brown eyes filled with sympathy.





“Thanks. I’m being silly. It wasn’t that big of a deal anyway."





"Wasn't a big deal? Lily, he totally humiliated you in front of everyone," Julia said as she slid next to Lily.





"I know, but I should get over it anyway."





“Lily, it’s ok if you don’t. It was a big deal.” Emily said, patting Lily’s back.





“You guys are the best.”





“This is what friends are for,” said Emily while she gave Lily a hug.





“Of course we are the best, what do you expect?” Julia asked, making Lily smile. “And on top of that, we’re back!”





With this in mind, the three girls drifted off to sleep. Home at last.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _





Author’s Note: Hey guys what did you think? This is my first fan fiction ever, so bear with me! The storyline is based on the book Love Letters; Perfect Strangers by Jahnna N. Malcolm. So if you see something familiar to that story, it is! This was a short chapter, but the next ones are longer I promise! Please review!





Megan