Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love Letters by hp_princess

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Here we see the end of Lily's memory and a prank put on by the famous Maruaders.
Chapter 5














I glanced quickly over at the Marauders. They were laughing. My heart stopped. Of course! It was their fault. I was just a simple victim of one of their many everyday jokes. James wasn’t smiling at me earlier as a friend; he was smiling his evil jokester smile. The one every victim receives before the crime.









How could I have fallen for it? We were friends! That was the key word, ‘were’. I guess all that would go down the drain now that they had their little laugh.









I looked over my shoulder and saw a group of seventh year boys gawking at me, pointing with their fingers.









“Oh my God! Eric! Look at the big, fat, yellow bird!”









“It’s a frickin’ canary!” They burst into hysterics, like the rest of the hall.









I felt my eyes moisten and before I could stop them, tears fell down my cheeks. Emily and Julia hurried over with horrified looks upon their faces.









“Holy crap. Lily, are you ok?” Julia circled me and gave me a hug.









“It doesn’t look good, but I bet Madame Pomfrey can fix you up in a jiffy,” Emily comforted.









“Ha ha, is the poor little canary crying?” Snape rose from the floor, his face red from laughing.









“You jerk, leave her alone!” Julia shouted. And with that my two best friends in the world led me to the Hospital Wing, hoping that this was all just a bad dream.




_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



















Madam Pomfrey was able to fix me up in the blink of an eye; the first thing I had to do was go tell off Potter. I quickly found him in the common room laughing his head off, probably at the cruel joke he had just played on me.









“JAMES POTTER, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?” I was furious; he had made me one of his victims. I thought we were friends!









“Entertainment, and it was pretty funny, you have to admit.” At this comment Sirius started cracking up, as if the thought of me as a huge yellow canary was completely hilarious.









“What did I ever do to you?” My voice cracked, I felt my eyes grow moist.









“Refused to date me.”









“We were becoming friends!” I shouted, tears streaming down my face. “I was beginning to trust you.” I sank down onto the couch I had been leaning on.









“Lily, I have perfect aim and never miss. But-’’









“Shove off Potter; I am never speaking to you again.” Anger flared inside me, he would pay.









“How many times have I heard that Evans, yet you always come back for more.” I could here a hint of anger in his voice. How could he be mad at me? I didn’t do anything! I was a victim of one of his jokes!









“Shut up Potter, you are a bullying toerag with no heart!”









“Is that so Evans? Well I guess I will just have to make you see that I have a heart.” James had started to move towards me.









“You take one more step and I will hex you to the next century. I hate you! Do you hear me? I hate you! I never want to see your face again!” With that I ran from the room sobbing, leaving James Potter in my wake.









_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _









“Lily. Earth to Lily Evans. Lily!”









Lily was jerked from her memory, eyes focusing on Julia, who was waving a hand in front of Lily’s face. Looking around, she noticed the classroom was empty.









“Where is everyone?” she asked, sitting up.









“Well, they all thought the end of class meant we could go to lunch. You, however, were spacing. What’s up?” Emily asked, taking a seat in one of the abandoned chairs.









“Nothing really, just thinking about the incident,” Lily said modestly, brushing her red hair out of her face.









“Oh, the incident.” Julia looked over at Emily and they locked eyes.









Lily laughed. “Guys, don’t worry. I’m not going to do anything stupid, I am not that sad about it anymore. It is a thing of the past.”









Julia looked Lily over. “Ok, lets go get lunch. I’m starved.”









Lily was surprised and happy about this comment. Julia hadn’t tried to push the issue any further. That was good; it helped when they didn’t make what happened sound so bad and terrifying, even if it was.









_ _ _ _ _









A few days past and Lily soon forgot about the memory, once again. The girls were given loads of homework and could be found in the library more and more often. On Thursday they were researching their papers on Thestrals for Care of Magical Creatures, and had been in the library for what seemed like ages.









“Well, we know that the only people who can see them are people who have watched others snuff it.” Emily suggested, her long face resting on her hand.









“True, what do they eat?” Julia asked as she flipped through Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.









“I believe they eat-’’









But exactly what they eat Julia never found out because, at that exact moment, Robert Brown, a fourth year Hufflepuff, came into the library shouting, “The marauders did it again! Come see what they did to a group of Slytherins!”









“Hush!” shouted Madame Pince. Her face glaring at Robert for disturbing the peace and quiet usually found in her library.









“What did they do now Rob?” asked a short, black haired boy Lily didn’t know.









“Come and see for yourself Nikolas!”









About half the library took this statement as a cue and rushed to the door.









Julia slowly got up, putting her books in her bag. “Come on,” she said, “Lets go see what they did now.”









“I wonder what they did. Do you think they let more nifflers lose in the castle again?” Emily asked heading towards the door.









Julia laughed, “I hope not.”









Lily smiled. The Marauders had their moments. Sometimes they were annoying as hell, while sometimes they were damn right hilarious.









As quickly as they could the three girls joined the crowd that had accumulated in the Great Hall. Lily wasn’t quite sure what all the commotion was about until she stood on tiptoe and saw the scene before her eyes.









A group of Slytherins lay on the stone floor covered in an ever-changing colored goop. Lily laughed. The sight of Snape trying to get up, and slipping over and over again covered in rainbow slop, was enough to make her day.









Just then there was a gigantic popping noise, as more goop fell to the floor. Lily looked skyward to see balloons filled with the unpleasant liquid floating over their heads. Another pop later and some students to the left of Lily got an unpleasant surprise.









“Guys let’s go, I don’t want to get covered in that stuff!” Emily yelled over the chaos now exerted throughout the hall.









Lily pulled Julia back just as another balloon burst, showering a suit of armor and its neighbors. As soon as they were back to their dorm room, Julia cracked up.









“Oh my god! Did you see his face? The little twerp, he was practically swimming in that stuff. Serves him right. Probably washed all that grease out of his hair.”









“Snape? Yeah I saw him. He looked like he was a having a bit of trouble.” Lily groveled down on the floor, imitating Snape trying to get up. She would crawl along the floor, then slip and fall flat on her stomach.









“Yeah. You’ve got to hand it to the Marauders, they are pretty clever,” Emily struggled to say between burst of laughter, because Lily crawling along the floor was just so hilarious.









“They are. But Black just gets on my nerves.” Julia stood up and walked around the room with an arrogant slouch, which you could find Sirius supporting any day. She sauntered over to Emily, put one arm around her waist and said, “Hello my dear. I am Sirius Black. The most pompous, stuck up, arrogant ass to ever walk this earth. Care to dance?” Julia bent into a stooping bow, holding one hand out to Emily.









Lily was now holding on to her bedpost for support she was laughing so hard. “Good one Julia!” she said.









“But,” said Emily grabbing a pillow and hitting Julia over the head, forcing her to topple onto the floor, “If you really were a Black, you should be down in the dirt where you belong!” With that she sat on top of Julia and started smacking her with the pillow.









Lily joined and pretty soon there was a full-fledged pillow fight going on. Feathers everywhere, giggles, and soon the girls were lost in there own world.









_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _