Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Cinderella Story - In the Universe of Harry Potter by Powerful_Quill

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Happily Ever After



Tonks crossed her arms across er chest, staring at the trio with a smirk.

“You thought that you’d gotten away with it,” she said. “Oh I know about everything, my ladies.”

Madam Sinistra puffed her chest out. “And who are you?”

“Let’s just say I’m a friend,” said Tonks. “And I’ve been watching you. I saw what you did to Ginevra on the night of the ball, Pansy and Millicent.” she turned cold eyes on Francesca. “I saw what you did to her earlier today, Francesca. Stunning her and throwing her in the attic. . . And most of all I’ve seen how you treat your hard-working staff. I never thought I’d say this, but you are the lowest of low. Scum.”

Francesca gasped. “Why you, little --” she moved toward Tonks, raising an angry hand.

“And I will be taking them away,” Tonks said, advancing. “They will live with Ginevra in the castle. And they won’t have to do anymore back-breaking labor for you -- especially without magic. How dare you take away their wands. What gives you the right -- especially to your stepson and stepdaughter?”

“I --”

“You never even loved Arthur,” Tonks said. “You only wanted his money.”

Tonks stepped closer, making the woman step back in fear. “I want you to leave. . . Leave and never come back. . . If you do, and if you hurt these people any more that you already have, you will sincerely regret it. . . Do we have an understanding, Madam?”

Francesca gulped. “Wherever will we go?”

“The bottom of the ocean for all I care,” Tonks answered. “Hurry along -- musn’t you pack?”

“Mother, are you actually going to let this -- this -- scarlet woman tell us what to do?” Pansy snarled.

“Yes, I can’t believe you, Mother!” Millicent agreeed. “Don’t let some . . . wreched cow boss you around!”

In and instant, Tonks hair changed from bright green to bright red. An angry red.

“Would you like to test me?” she asked.

Millicent’s eyes were as wide as saucers. She backed away immediately.

“Go,” Tonks repeated.

The three women screambled up the staircase, pushing eac other out of the way and into their rooms. Tonks turned when they fianlly heard the satisfying slam of their doors. Remus let out a laugh.

“Aye -- Good jon, Miss Tonks,” said a voice.

All but Tonks jumped when, in a giant puff of pink smoke, a man appeared amongst their small group.

He was a rather grizzly-looking wizard. He had a long mane of hair, which covered his face. But when he looked up directly at Tonks, the most shocking part of his appearence was his eyes, very mis-matched. One small and beady, the other large, round and eletric blue, which seemed to have a mind of it’s own, for it moved very freely while the other stayed on the young woman.

Oh dear. . . Hermione thought as it swept over she and Remus several times. And she couldn’t help the small gasp that escaped her.

“Don’t worry, Madam,” the man said, his voice very matched to his appearence. “My bark is worse than my bite.”

“True, true, Moody,” Tonks said. “And how have you been today?”

Just then, the door opened, revealing the beaming couple.

Ginny’s smiled faded slightly when she saw the back of a strange-looking man in the middle of her foyer, but she squeezed Harry’s hand gently. She smiled over at Draco, who nudged her side. It seemed like she was getting another brother.

At the other side of the room, the kitchen door opened, revealing Ron and Minerva.

“There you are!” Hermione said, turning away from the strange man.

“We couldn’t find you,” Ron explained, sliding his hand into hers. He fell silent when he laid eyes on the man holding his younger sisters hand and the even stranger man in the middle of the room.

“So what brings you here, Moody?” Tonks asked.

“You,” the man growled. “I’ve been watching you on this assignment. . . And I’ve decided to give you a bit of a . . . permanent assignment.”

Tonks’ faced brightened immediately.

“I want you to watch over everyone in this room,” the man named Moody said. “They could all use your help. . . And don’t be afraid to smack around the blonde one back there,” he hadded, jabbing his thumb behind him. “Got a mouth him, he does.”

Draco made a face behind the wizard. “I saw that,” he growled. “And don’t think I won’t be checking up on you from time to time.”

It was then that Nymphadora Tonks jumped into the arms of the man and wrapped him a big bear hug. Indeed, he looked like one that was hugged often. He awkwardly patted her back.

“Oh thank you, Moody!” Tonks cried. “I won’t let you down!”

“You’d better not,” said Moody, drawing away from her and pointing a wand at her.

Remus furrowed his brow. Pink with a star on the end?

“Constant vigliance.”

And then he was gone.

Tonks grinned at the small gathering of people. She sighed.

“Hullo everyone,” she said. “To those of you that don’t know . . . I am Tonks. I’ll be watching over you from now on.” she grinned at the couple standing near the door. “Harry, I believe you have some new additions to your family.”

Harry glanced at Ginny, who gave him a small squeeze of the hand. He stepped to the middle of the room.

Out of second nature, Remus, Ron, Hermione and Minerva made to bow, but Harry stopped them. “Please, don’t,” he said. “Like Madam Tonks said . . . we’re family now.”

Giny went to Ron. “Harry, this is my older brother, Ronald. Ron, this is Harry.”

Thw two men stepped forward, shaking hands. “Hello Ron,” Harry said.

“I believe we have much to talk about,” Ron said, though he was grinning.

“I’m sure we do,” Harry grinned back.

“And this is my best friend Hermione,” Ginny said, tugging on the older girls hand.

“Madam,” Harry said, bowing and kissing her hand. Hermione couldn’t help but blush.

“Minerva McGonagall,” Ginny went on, “but I call her Grandmother.”

Harry did the same for Minerva. “How nice to meet you, my dera boy,” she said.

“And, of course, Remus Lupin,” Ginny said, grasping the arm of her surrogate father.

“Very nice to meet you all,” Harry said. He turned to his friend on the other side of the room. “Draco!”

Draco hurried across the room. “This is my best friend, Draco Malfoy.” Draco gave a slight bow to all of them.

“And . . . Harry and I wish to be married,” Ginny said, joining her newfound love.

*~*~*~*


Indeed, a week later, Harry James Potter and Ginevra Molly Weasley were married in an extravagent wedding.

The whole kingdom attended the wedding (minus a few disgruntled, not to mention banished witches).

Harry had immediately moved Remus, Ron, Minerva and Hermione into the castle. But Ginny nor Ron could bear to sell the house, so they kept it to stay in every once in a while. Perhaps they would do something with it later, but it was their mother and father’s house a house that they loved dearly.

Tonks had moved into the castle with the new Prince and Princess. It seemed she had taken a liking to Remus Lupin.

James and Lily were delighted when they heard the news that Harry had found his dream woman -- especially James. And they had taken a liking to Remus, as well as Sirius.

Overall, Ginevra Molly Weasley had finally found her happiness -- the one boy she had dreamed of meeting since she was a young chikd. She remembered what her father had said before he died:

“Somday, when your least expecting it, the boy you’ve always talked about, and dreamt of will walk right into your life. . . And he’ll love you for everything. . . He’ll have the privilage to know the lovely young woman that I know now.. So don't ever change who you are.”

*~*~*~*


Colin Creevy pulled the sheet away from the portrait, revealing a glorious picture of Ginny on her wedding day. She stood on a sloping grass hill and wore beautiful white robes and held white roses, looking over her shoulder.

“Oh my,” Ginny gasped as she stared at the portrait, and Harry did much the same, but
grinning.

“Colin its beautiful!” Ginny said, hugging the young man.

“Just think of it as a late wedding gift, Madam,” Colin said.

“Yes, but it doesn’t look a thing like her,” Harry said.

Ginny gasped. “Harry,” she said with warning. “Be charming -- not blunt. . . You are a prince, aren’t you supposed to be charming?”

Harry gave her a pouty lip, and she just smiled.

“And how does the story go?” Tonks said, who was sitting at the table beside Remus.

“‘And they lived happily ever after . . .’”

~The End~