Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Melody remained in the hospital wing for the remainder of the day until Madam Pomfrey decided she simply had a dizzy spell and released her. Harry was waiting outside the large doors when Melody surfaced.

“Now, what are we going to do about this Draco problem?” he asked as he offered his arm for a still-shaky Melody.

Melody shrugged as they walked down the stairs to the Great Hall. Being as weak as she was, Harry lifted her as they passed a trick step and placed her on the ground at the landing. She smiled at him, and they continued down the stairs. They talked continually as they walked.

“I don’t think he will mind as long as I promise not to reveal their meetings. I have something on him now,” Melody said as the reached the entrance hall.

Harry nodded and they walked into the Great Hall. Draco rose from his seat along with many of the other Slytherins involved in the meetings. After snarling at them to sit, Draco approached where Melody had taken a seat.

“We need to discuss a few things, Melody,” Draco said reaching out a hand to help her up.

Harry stood instead and stepped closer to Draco, “I don’t think that will be necessary, Malfoy.”

“How would you know, Potter?”

Melody stood and pulled Draco aside.

“Here’s the deal. I don’t tell anyone about your meetings. You stay away from me … and Harry,” she said looking back at Harry.

“Is Potter your little saint now, saving you from the big bad Malfoy?”

“Drop it, or I’ll go tell McGonagall about your little club,” Melody said sharply.

Draco hesitated but turned and took his seat at the Slytherin table once again. Melody took her seat next to Harry and began to force down food. Seconds later, Ron entered the Great Hall and took his usual seat across from Harry. Melody had been looking down, and when she saw Ron she nearly vomited. Before she could say anything, she forced herself to stand and leave. Harry stood to accompany her, but she raised her hand.

“No, Harry, I’ll be fine on my own. Thank you,” she said as she stomped off.

The deserted hallways were a welcome change from the buzz of the Great Hall. There was absolutely no one she wanted to speak with. She hurried through the portrait hole, and up to her dorm.

She hadn’t talked to Hermione since the night of the ball, and didn’t intend to for a very long time. Every morning, Melody had hastily dressed before Hermione could get one word out. It had all worked until she opened the door to their dorm and found Hermione sitting on the end of her bed, obviously waiting for her.

Melody rolled her eyes and quickly gathered her school bag and books.

“How are you?” Hermione asked to no response.

Melody simply got another quill from her trunk and exited the dorm to the common room. Unfortunately, Hermione wasn’t giving up that easily. She followed Melody and stood only feet away from where Melody sat.

Melody’s nostrils flared with anger as Hermione stood over her, until she finally erupted.

“Can I help you?!”

“We need to talk, Mel.”

“My name's Melody, and I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Too bad, you are right now,” Hermione said smugly.

Melody rose from her seat and turned to Hermione.

“You’ve got some nerve! Coming up here and forcing me to talk to you.”

Melody felt her hand reach for her wand, but Hermione continued to egg her on.

“I’m not forcing you, you’re doing pretty well yourself.”

Melody howled with anger. She finally pulled out the wand and put it up to Hermione’s chest. The smug look on Hermione’s face changed to sheer terror as she too reached for her wand.

“Don’t even think about it! Now, leave me alone or you’ll be sorry!” Melody said as Ron and Harry came in through the portrait hole.

Their jaws dropped and they raced over the pull the girls apart. Melody continued to glare viciously as Ron gently pulled Hermione away.

“That’s right. Take care of your precious Hermione! You can go to hell, Ronald Weasley! Out of my way, Harry!” Melody snarled as she ran up to the dorm.

***

After a night’s rest, Melody felt much better and simply ignored Hermione as she passed her bed rather than whipping out her wand. She entered the common room to find Harry sitting gazing into the fire. The firelight flattered his features as Melody crossed the room to take a seat next to him.

“Harry, I just wanted to thank you for taking care of me yesterday, and I’m sorry about Hermione,” Melody said as she took the seat.

“It’s fine. No one was hurt. It’s not like you to fight,” Harry said shooting her a sharp look.

Melody lowered her head in shame, “I know. I’m quite impulsive when I’m angry.”

“I guess so.”

They sat there looking at the dancing flames as other Gryffindors rose and slumped off to breakfast. Ron and Hermione hurried through the room trying to avoid Melody.

“You better go catch up with them,” Melody said.

“No, Mel. I don’t want to talk to them, either.”

“Don’t be angry with them over me. Those are your best friends.”

“Yeah, but now I would be nothing but a third wheel right now. It would all be too awkward.”

Melody nodded as Harry ruffled the hair on the back of his head.

“You do that to be like you father don’t you?” Melody asked tenderly.

“I suppose. What do you know about my father?” Harry asked, still in his dreamy state.

“Only that he and my father we on the Quiddich team together. The house team has begun practice, I believe.”

“Yeah, last Monday. Ron could really use that Aster--sorry.”

“It’s fine.”

They sat there for a few more moments.

Melody finally broke the silence and said, “It’s a shame it will go to waste now.”

“Not to be rude or anything, but why did your dad buy it for you then?” Harry asked playing with his robes.

“Well, he bought it before we moved to Beverly Hills. Back at Beauxbaton, I played for my house team as well.”

“You played Quidditch?” Harry asked, waking from the daze.

“Ever since my first year, thank you.”

“If you’re so good, why didn’t you try out for the house team then?”

“Well, my position was already filled.”

“And what position was that?” Harry asked still attempting to comprehend.

“Seeker.”

Harry burst out laughing at this, and Melody shot him a nasty glare.
“I’m sorry, it’s just, you don’t seem like the kind of girl who would play Quiddich,” Harry said apologetically.

“Well, I am. You honestly don’t believe me?”

Harry shook his head, and Melody playfully punched him in the arm. She, too, began to laugh, and they spilled into a conversation dominated by favorite Quidditch teams.

When Harry and Melody finally realized how long they had been there, they learned that they were late for class. Melody had missed half of Double Arithmancy before she finally walked in complaining of another fainting spell. She got off fine, but McGonagall was not as forgiving with Harry. He spent the larger portion of that evening in McGonagall’s office transfiguring pencils into wristwatches.