Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The last day of classes came and went as both Melody and Harry anticipated the coming days. Melody and Harry spent much of their evening doing a bit of last-minute packing.

“Can you believe how much homework Fleur gave us again? Honestly, I thought she would be easy on us,” Harry said after throwing his bag on the ground in the common room to make space for Melody.

“The woman is crazy,” Melody laughed.

“What time do you think we’ll be leaving tomorrow?” Harry asked, tenderly bringing up the topic of break.

“Anna said she would be here at noon, but knowing her, she’ll be here at eleven.”

Harry laughed, “It must be nice.”

Confused, Melody cocked her head and asked, “What’s nice?”

“Having someone like Anna around, of course,” Harry said blankly.

“Oh, yeah. Someone had to make up for my parents, or lack of.”

Before Melody had realized what she said, it was too late. Harry had again looked down at his feet.

“I’m sorry, Harry. I didn’t mean to--”

Harry sighed and looked at Melody.

“I know. Don’t worry about it, Mel.”

Melody’s heart ached to watch a sixteen-year-old boy fight back tears. Harry hid them well as he ran his fingers through his hair. He was attempting to flatten it, but Melody grabbed his arm to stop him.

“Leave it. It looks nice,” she said as he half-smiled.

Without Melody's realizing it, she was still holding his arm.

***

The next morning at breakfast, Melody could barely contain her excitement. Not only was she going to see Anna, with Harry along, Celeste was meeting them in Paris. She hadn’t slept a wink the night before, but she had never been more awake in her life.

Lavender Brown was across the table telling Melody all her plans for the holiday when Harry entered the Great Hall. He hurried over to where Melody sat and announced that Anna had arrived. Rising from her seat, Melody heard a small giggle from Lavender. She shot her a sharp look and then exited the room.

She was in the entrance hall when she remembered she forgot her purse in the Great Hall. After telling Harry to go on up to the Gryffindor Common Room to gather his things, she hurried back through the huge doors. She was only a step in the door when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her aside.

“We need to talk before you leave,” Ron said.

“Let me go. Anna is waiting for me,” Melody said, shaking her arm free.

Ron only talked louder as he called after her, “I just wanted to be friends.”

Purse in hand, Melody rushed Ron into the entrance hall to avoid making a scene.

“The day I forgive Hermione is the day I forgive you, and trust me, that won’t be anytime soon,” Melody snarled as she turned to leave.

“What is your problem?” Ron asked, growing irritated.

Melody whipped around and tried her hardest to calm herself.

“What is my problem?! Why don’t you go take a look in the mirror?!” she said as her temper boiled.

“Melody, I’ve had enough of this! Won’t you get over it?”

Melody nearly screamed as she ran up the stairs. The attempts to appease herself failed, and she entered the common room in a very bad mood. Not even Anna, who was peacefully sitting on the couch, could make her feel better.

Anna rose and danced over to hug Melody, but was surprised when Melody only received it mildly.

“Is something wrong, Melody?” Anna asked as she let go of Melody.

“I don’t want to talk about it. It’s a long story,” Melody said as Harry appeared from the dormitory staircase, lugging his trunk behind him.

“Good, you’re here. I’d get your trunk, but I can’t go up to your dorm,” he said kindly.

Pulling out her wand, Anna said, “Not to worry. Accio Trunk!”

Harry ducked as the trunk zoomed over him and landed at Anna’s feet.

Pointing her wand at Melody’s and then Harry’s trunk, Anna chanted and incantation and they followed her as she exited the common room through the portrait hole.

***

The plane ride was long, but Melody’s mood had improved now that she was on her way to see Celeste. Harry also entertained her with his exploration of the plane. Naturally, he had never been on a plane, especially a luxury charter.

Once he had finally settled down, Melody brought out her miniature Quidditch pitch. They rest of the flight they spent playing miniature games.

During landing, Harry nervously clung to his armrests. Melody assured him the shakiness was normal, and he tried to act nonchalant. As Anna gathered their things, Melody and Harry climbed down the steps to the runway. In seconds, Melody was wrapped up tight in Celeste’s arms. Celeste squealed with delight and released her.

“Oh, Mel! It’s so nice to see you!” Celeste sang.

“You too, Celeste! This is Harry,” Melody said stepping aside so Celeste could get a better view of Harry.

She eyed him and winked at Melody.

“’e’s even more ‘andsome zan you said, Melody!” Celeste joked.

Harry blushed even more than Melody.

“I’m zhust kidding!” Celeste said, relieving the awkwardness. “Come wiz me, ‘arry.”

She grabbed his arm and pulled him off. Melody only laughed as Harry looked back at her with a look of terror on his face.

Celeste always was the outgoing type, but her bluntness only made people love her more, especially Melody. Turning back around, Celeste paused so Melody could catch up.

“Well, are you coming or what? You mozzer is waiting!” Celeste tapped her foot. “I’m sure ‘arry would like it much more if you were along for ‘oliday.”

Melody laughed and Celeste released Harry’s arm, much to his comfort. Still a bit shaken from the strong personality that had met him, he flattened his hair before they entered the terminal.

Once again Melody noticed and stopped him. Celeste caught this display and smiled.

“Yes, listen to your beau,” she said causing another mutual blush between Harry and Melody.

“Celeste, that is enough now. Be nice!” Melody scolded.

“I’m always nice!” Celeste said just as Melody’s parents spotted her.

Her mother’s open arms neared her and her father’s followed closely behind.

“Oh, mi amour! I ‘ope term ‘as been good!” her mother said sweetly.

Her mother stepped aside, and her father stepped forward. He wrapped a large arm around Melody’s shoulders and kissed her forehead.

Before Melody could say anything, her mother was already smothering Harry.

“Zis must be ‘arry!”

Harry nodded, and Melody’s mother enveloped him in a sturdy hug.

“Mama, let him breathe. He doesn’t even know you!” Melody said, stifling laughter. Celeste couldn’t contain herself and chuckled at Harry’s face.

In a deep voice, Melody’s father greeted Harry and offered a hand to shake. He then aggressively led Harry toward the exits. Mrs. Chancelle hung back for Anna, while Melody and Celeste giggled to themselves as they followed the men.

“You didn’t tell me ‘arry was so cute!” Celeste snickered.

“That’s because he is my friend, Celeste.”

“Is zat what you call it now?”

Melody elbowed Celeste in the side and she howled with laughter. They were nearly outside when Mr. Chancelle let Harry go while he summoned the driver. He warily slumped back to Melody, and she couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m sorry. They get a little enthusiastic,” Melody said sweetly.

Then and there Harry gave his first opinion of France in three words: “You’re all insane.”