Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
That night, Melody, Celeste and Harry lounged in the sitting room of Harry’s suit. Harry was once again fascinated with the miniature Quiddich set as Celeste and Melody caught up.

“You’re not playing Seeker?! Zen, what loser do zey ‘ave instead?” Celeste said as Melody tried to quiet her.

Harry looked up as Melody burst out laughing. Celeste glanced around the room confused.

“I’m the loser,” Harry said raising his hand.

“Oh, I’m sorry ‘arry!” Celeste said repetitively.

Harry just shook his head and returned to the small Quddich players. Celeste flushed slightly before gathering her things.

“We better get going. Zee shops will close soon,” she said as she rose to leave.

“We’re going shopping?” Harry asked, unenthused.

Melody nodded, “I thought you would like to see Ozzette Square. Of course, you don’t have to go.”

“Ozzette Square?” Harry asked, letting the miniature players fall from their levitation.

“It’s like Diagon Alley. I’m sure you’ll find something that interests you there,” Melody said placing her hand on the door handle.

Harry shrugged and followed.

***

Ozzette Square’s familiarities rushed over Melody as the three passed through the book portkey to the frantic plaza. Harry’s mood didn’t lift until they entered the popular Quidditch shop. It was particularly full this day, but Melody fought her way through the crowds to show Harry the book about Quidditch at Beauxbaton. She almost had it in her reach when someone called her name from somewhere in the massive crowd.

A boy stepped out of the group and Melody’s eyes widened.

“Marcus! Oh, it’s so nice to see you,” she shrieked as Marcus locked her in a friendly hug.

“Isn’t it?” he joked, “What are you doing here? I thought you were over at Hogwarts.”

“I’m on break, silly. How has your term been?” Melody asked as Harry took deep interest in the book and Celeste tried to keep him interested.

“Not as well wizzout our star Seeker,” Marcus said.

Melody flushed and finally noticed how awkward Harry felt. She grabbed Marcus’s arm and took a few steps closer to Harry.

“I’m sorry. This is Marcus Grannery. He was on the same Quidditch team as I was,” Melody said pulling the book out of Harry’s hands.

Marcus gave him a toothy grin and reached out a hand. Harry shook it, but looked neither pleased nor excited to meet Marcus.

“Already bringing zee boys back wiz you, Mel? Honestly, zey can’t stay away for a whole ‘oliday!” Marcus joked, bruising Harry’s ego.

“Stop it! This is Harry Potter, my friend,” Melody said distinctively.

“’arry Potter?!” Marcus said, causing many people to turn around him and look at Harry. The room went silent as Harry tried to hide behind Celeste.

“Hush, Marcus,” Melody said, glancing at Harry, who was slowly being pressed up against the wall by curious Frenchmen and women.

There was a loud sound and Melody's father appeared next to Harry. Holding his wand out, he warned the people to step away as he took Harry out. Melody smiled nervously at Marcus before quickly hugging him good bye and following her father out the door.

Harry sat on a bench next to Mr. Chancelle. The look on her father’s face told Melody to be cautious.

“What were you thinking taking Harry out in public without protection?!” her father roared as he rose. “How irresponsible can one be?”

Her father’s chest heaved with anger, and Melody stared at the crack in the tile she was standing on.

“I’m sorry, Daddy,” Melody said innocently.

“Don’t you ‘Daddy’ me! I’m taking Harry back to the hotel. You’re so foolish! I thought you were smarter than this!” he bellowed as he and Harry disappeared.

Melody wiped the tears from her eyes and returned to the shop to get Celeste. After finding her, they exited.

“He yelled again?” Celeste asked gently as they passed shops.

Celeste placed her arm around Melody’s shoulder.

They quickly picked up the things they needed and hurried back to the portkey. Melody hurried to the car and once inside she told Celeste all about Ron and Hermione. Usually, a little scolding wouldn’t phase Melody, but everything was beginning to pile up in her head, and she needed to release it.

“ … And now he told you to get over it?” Celeste asked to clear the facts.

Melody nodded and Celeste hugged her.

“Oh, I wish you were back at Beauxbaton. Things were better before you left,” Celeste said as Melody stepped out of the car.

They walked up to their room and Melody dropped the bags of gifts on the couch. She didn’t hesitate before knocking on the door that connected the room with Harry’s.

Melody slung her arms around his neck when he opened the door nearly knocking him over.

“I’m so sorry, Harry! I can’t believe I was so stupid. Are you OK?”

“I’m fine. Nothing happened.”

Melody let go of him, and he led her to the couch.

“What if something had happened? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing, I put you in danger,” Melody said near tears.

Harry stood. He crossed the room and leaned against the wall before stepping forward to speak, “Why does everyone think I can’t take care of myself!?”

“Harry, I never said that.”

“It’s what you meant. I can handle a little crowd of people!”

“My father was only trying to help. You shouldn’t have been there,” said pleadingly.

“Why not? Am I not supposed to have a normal life?”

“Harry, calm down.”

“I won’t be treated like a baby,” Harry said quietly.

Melody rose from her seat and placed a hand on Harry’s shoulder.

“I … as well as everyone else, just want you safe.”

“I can watch my own arse,” Harry snapped, jerking away. He stood in front of a mirror and gazed at his reflection.

“I know.”

“No. You don’t. You weren’t there when I was in the Chamber of Secrets. You weren’t there in the Shrieking Shack. Dammit, Melody, you weren’t even there when we all fought at the Ministry,” Harry snarled.

He had hit Melody hard, and she fought back the tears.

“I may not have been there, but I’ll be damned if I’m the one to lead you to Voldemort!” Melody said through clenched teeth. Harry wheeled and headed to his room. He slammed the door behind him, shaking the walls and sending the mirror he had just been looking at tumbling to the floor, where it shattered.

Her temper flared as Anna came running in.

“What is going on in here? What’s wrong, Melody?”

Melody was kneeling on the floor, drowning in tears. Anna rushed over to her.

“Melody, tell me what’s wrong,” Anna demanded as she brushed hair from Melody’s face.

For the next hour, Melody spilled about the argument and everything that had gone wrong this term. Anna picked up the shards of glass as Melody took a shower. When she reappeared, the room was in its original state. Celeste sat at the table wrapping a gift. She rose when Melody entered, but Melody raised a hand to her.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Melody said as she turned and walked into her bedroom.

“You don’t 'ave to. 'arry did.”

“I don’t know what I was thinking. For a while I thought I … never mind,” Melody said as she pulled her hair into a ponytail.

“Melody, you don’t 'ave to lie to me. I know you have feelings for 'arry. You can see it every time you look at 'im, and 'ow you always talk about 'im. Melody, you're crazy about 'im,” Celeste said taking Melody at both shoulders.

Melody fell onto her bed and hung her head on Celeste’s shoulder.

“I know,” she said in near-silence.

Celeste stroked her hair and tiny sobs escaped Melody.