Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Melody hurried across the damp ground toward the Quidditch pitch. She swelled with excitement as she got closer and closer to the box. Unfortunately, she didn’t know what awaited her. The rain made it gloomy and dark and the fog blurred her vision, but she refused to turn back.

The shadow of the pitch came into sight as she quickened her pace. Something felt wrong about the afternoon. It was far too dark. She wrapped her arms around herself as the pitch came more clearly into view.

She was finally outside the gates when a cloaked figure appeared and a flash of light knocked Melody out.

***


Whispers penetrated the air as Melody struggled to regain full consciousness. Her hands and feet where tied, and a rope around her waist restrained her to a post. A small light appeared in a block of darkness. Once her view cleared, she saw that it was a single wand’s light being muffled by bodies swarming around it.

“I want that last line!” a sharp voice hissed as many of the bodies hurried around the clearing.

Melody was finally taking in her surroundings when the voice’s owner found she was awake.

“Finally, you’re awake,” the voice hissed as he stepped forward.

He pulled the lit wand near his face, and Melody nearly fainted. Before her, stood Harry’s enemy … Voldemort.

“You know, it was quite lucky that you fell for the note,” Voldemort snapped as he began to pace in front of Melody. “If you hadn’t, what would I use for bait?!”

Melody shook, “He won’t fall for that trick twice.”

“He won’t? Oh, but, my dear, he already has. At this very moment he is mounting his broom and coming this way. You don’t think he would miss a chance to be hero, do you?”

To herself, Melody said, “No, Harry.”

“Yes, you had the right idea when you tried to make him forget about you. It’s true. I always hit where it hurts the most.”

Voldemort turned to the cloaked persons pacing the clearing.

“Potter is near! GET HIM!” he shouted.

The Death Eaters hurried away as Voldemort's chortles filled the air. He again approached Melody.

“Perhaps you can help me,” he laughed. “I’ve been informed that there is another line of the prophecy that I think you know. Tell me, Melody … what is it?”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Fine. I’ll just get it from your little boyfriend.”

Frantically, Melody said, “He doesn’t know anything either. He never told me anything.”

“Maybe Harry doesn’t want to tell you everything.”

Melody pointed her glare at Voldemort for a long moment until he placed his hand on her cheek.

“Such a pretty girl. Hard to think that your father would do such an ugly thing,” he laughed.

Melody glared, “What are you talking about?”

“Well, you must have noticed it was odd that they moved you to Hogwarts just this year.”

“My father was through with his work in France.”

“Oh, no, dear. His work had just begun.”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

Voldemort laughed again, “Your father is no more than a pawn. He’s my spy into the Order.”

Melody gasped, “He can’t be.”

“Oh, but he is. I told him to bring you to Hogwarts, and perhaps encourage Harry's and your relationship. Obviously, my plan worked, and you are here.”

“My father would never work for you!"

“You must not know your father then, or your friends.”

Melody was silent a moment until it hit her … Seamus. She looked up in disbelief.

“Yes, innocent little Seamus. I bet you never thought he would turn on you. Well, it seems you can trust no one.”

“The only people I don’t trust are the people who follow you.”

“Yes, but I have again tricked Harry into coming to me by getting him to follow his heart. It seems even that can be misleading.”

A sob escaped Melody as she spoke, “What about Mama? Is she in on this as well?”

“Unfortunately, no, but your father is good with secrets.”

“Stop talking about him!” Melody snapped.

“What? Does it sting to know your father is nothing but a traitor?”

Speaking mostly to herself, Melody said, “But, he was so worried about Harry at Ozzette Square.”

“Yes, but imagine what I would have done if he had let someone else get Harry!”

Melody could hold it no longer and she burst into tears. Her “Daddy” had never said a true word to her in her life. She’d been betrayed.

There was a rustling in the trees and Voldemort turned as several Death Eaters emerged. One carried Harry’s body.

“Harry!” Melody howled.

“Don’t worry, Sweetie, he’s not dead … yet,” Voldemort hissed.

“Let him go! Please, don’t kill him. I’m begging you. You’ve already taken my father. Don’t take Harry too,” Melody pleaded.

Voldemort chuckled and the Death Eaters began to rustle. Melody saw Harry fighting his way through them with his wand at the ready. They held him back as Voldemort grew serious.

“Good, he has his wand -- this way, I can prove to the world that I, Voldemort, can beat Harry Potter even when he is armed!”

“Let Melody go!” Harry yelled.

“But we’ve been having such a nice chat. I think I’ll let her stay,” Voldemort scoffed, “But I’ll let her go if you cooperate, Potter.”

“What do you want?” Harry asked sharply.

“Come on, Potter. I think we both know.”

Harry was confused, “No, I don't. So just let Melody go.”

Voldemort’s voice turned very cold, “Well, then, I think we are going to have to use force,” Voldemort turned to his Death Eaters. “GET ME THAT LINE!!”

The Death Eaters surrounded Harry. Melody howled in anguish as they crowded in closer. She hung her head just as there was another rustle in the trees.

“Good, Bellatrix is here!” Voldemort said stepping toward the trees.

Ron and Hermione stepped out.

“Think again,” Ron said as Hermione began stunning Death Eaters.

Like true friends, they rushed to Harry’s aid. There were flashes of light all over. Ron, Hermione and Harry fought brilliantly until all that were left standing were the three and Voldemort.

“Foolish children,” Voldemort snarled as he pulled his wand from his robes and stunned both Ron and Hermione. They fell to the ground and Voldemort turned his wand to Harry, “It seems you have no help once again, Potter. It’s just you and me … but from now on it shall be just me! Avada-“

Melody screamed and looked away.

“Hold it Voldemort! Stop right there!” a voice said behind Melody.

Moody hobbled forward and was followed by Lupin, Tonks, Mr. Weasley and Snape. All five wands were pointed directly at Voldemort, and the Order soon surrounded Voldemort.

“I’m not afraid of a little riffraff. Get out of my way!” Voldemort hissed.

“No, but you should be,” Lupin smirked.
Dumbledore stepped forward. Taking a step back, Voldemort cringed in Dumbledore’s shadow.

“No, you won’t take me like this,” he hissed, and with a twirl of his cape Voldemort Disapparated.