Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Melody woke the next day in the hospital wing. Only two beds away from her, lay Harry. He was leafing through a book as Melody sat up.

“You’re up,” he said putting the book down.

“What happened?”

“You fainted after Voldemort Disapparated,” he answered through clenched teeth.

“He got away?”

Harry nodded, “Right before I got the chance to kill him too.”

Those words sat with Harry awhile as Melody struggled to remember the night before. After a few moments, she recalled the events of the night.

“Harry, I’ve got to speak with Dumbledore. My father is a spy!”

“Dumbledore knows, and your father was sent to Azkaban this morning,” Harry said.

“What are you doing in here? You look fine,” Melody said after a short pause.

“I don’t know. I would be here anyway,” he said smiling at Melody.

“Don’t get corny on me now,” Melody joked.

They laughed as Dumbledore entered the wing.

“Good to see you are both in good spirits,” he said calmly, taking a seat near Melody’s bed.

“Yes, sir,” Melody replied.

“Harry, will you please excuse us?” Dumbledore asked.

Harry nodded and exited the room.

“I’m sorry about your father, Melody,” Dumbledore said stroking his beard.

Melody nodded, “I can’t believe him.”

“Neither can I,” Dumbledore said softly, “Your mother is taking it quite hard.”

“Is she okay, Headmaster?”

“Yes, but…she wanted me to tell you that she is sending you back to Beauxbaton.”

Melody’s heart sank. She was afraid this would happen. Her mother had always wanted to live in France permanently, but why did it have to happen now.

“Why is she sending me back?” Melody finally choked out.

“She is going home to live with her sister, and she wants you near her.”

“No! I won’t go,” Melody howled.

“I wish she would change her mind as well. There is something you can help me with.”

Melody was so distraught that she didn’t catch the last line. Too many things were rushing through her mind. Her breathing was heavy, and her hands shook.

“She will be here to get you tomorrow,” Dumbledore said as he rose.

“I can’t even stay for the feast?”

Dumbledore shook his head, “Your mother wants you to get settled immediately,” and then he left. Harry walked in the doors and took a seat on the edge of Melody’s bed.

Noticing her tearstained face, he asked, “What’s wrong?”

“My mother is sending me back to Beauxbaton.”

“What?!”

“I’m sorry, Harry. I have to leave tomorrow.”

Harry looked as if Melody had once again performed the freezing charm on the room, and Melody cried into his shoulder. He tried his best to calm her, but nothing worked and for a brief second, Melody was certain she heard a sob escape his lips.


They plane was filled with voices, but none of it came from Melody. She refused to speak to her mother until they were riding the train to her aunt’s town.

“Why’d you have to transfer me?” Melody finally said through clenched teeth.

Her mother looked up from her magazine, “I just wanted you to be near me, ‘oney. We ‘ave to stick togezzer now,” her mother said, reaching a hand to stroke her hair, but Melody jerked away.

“Mother, you just ripped me away from everything that mattered to me. I hope you’re happy.”

“Oh, Melody, it was just a boy. Zere are plenty ozzer fish in zee sea. What about Marcus?”

“Marcus? Mama, you don’t get it!”

“Melody, he is a fine boy. I think it would be better if you stayed away from Harry.”

Melody was heaving with anger, “Mother, I can’t believe you! You must never have love Father. If you had, you would actually know what I feel like.”

“Melody,” her mother snapped, “before you make your judgments about me, remember that I am the one that was hurt most in all of this.”

“You aren’t listening to me! I love Harry, and if you have a problem with it just say so!”

“Fine! I have a problem with you endangering yourself by being around him!”

Melody jumped to her feet and hovered over her mother, “You know what, Mother. I am not going to take romance advice from someone who can’t even pick a good husband!”

Melody had finally gone too far. Her mother burst into tears as Melody calmed herself and took her seat. After composing herself, her mother said, “You are going to Beauxbaton, and that is final, Melody.”

“I hate you,” Melody said under her breath.

Her mother looked up but said nothing to her. The train came to a stop and her mother gathered her bags. No words were said as they walked into Melody’s aunt’s home.

Melody stiffly walked up to the room prepared for her. She threw her purse on the bed and opened her trunk to unpack. There was no way she could convince her mother to let her go back to Hogwarts. The trunk before her was filled with objects that only reminded her of home. She attempted to unpack, but her rage got the best of her and she threw her trunk, sending everything flying. She could hear people moving downstairs, but she hurried to lock the door. Her chest heaved as she paced the room trying to calm her. Shards of glass lay on the floor, because of a framed picture.

A portrait of Harry, Ron and Hermione was lying on the floor next to a destroyed frame. She quickly began picking up and discarding of the pieces. Once the floor was clear of the hazards, her hand fell upon the photo. She sunk from her knees to the floor and sat gazing at the picture. No matter what, she would again be in Harry’s arms. Soon he would be at Grimmauld Place, and she would be able to sneak away to see him. In weeks, she would be able to Disapparate, and nothing could stop her from looking into his perfect green eyes.