Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The next morning Melody woke up to find Anna hurrying around the room packing things up again.

“Good, you’re up. We have to leave in half an hour. You better get ready!” Anna said as Melody jumped out of bed and hurried for the shower.

She showered quickly and dried her hair. When she reappeared in the living room, Anna was closing the door behind the bellhop.

“Hurry Melody, you can’t miss the train,” Anna said handing Melody her purse.

Within minutes, they were at the front desk checking out. Anna hurried her through the lobby and into the car.

When they reached King’s Cross Station, Anna led her to a brick barrier and told her to wait and watch someone else get onto the platform. Melody looked between platforms nine and ten, anticipating some magical train to pop up. Anna nudged her and nodded toward the barrier again. A girl pushing a large trunk like Melody’s ran toward the barrier. Melody gasped seconds before she disappeared into the barrier.

“Now, you do just like she did, and don’t worry,” Anna said as she pointed Melody in the direction of the barrier.

Melody’s heart raced as she began to inch toward the platform.

Anna laughed, “Run, Melody. It’s much easier.”

Melody began to jog and was into a full run when she found herself at a new platform. There was a deep-red train sitting on the rails.

Anna soon appeared next to her, and they approached the train. Melody was just about to give a worker her trunks when she heard her name.

Hermione, Harry and Ron were pushing through the crowd to get to where Melody stood inches from Anna. Melody smiled and took a step forward.

“Melody, you’d better hurry. The train will be leaving soon,” Hermione said as she passed Melody and approached the train, “We’ll be in this compartment when you are ready.”

The three disappeared into the train. Melody turned to Anna, and hugged her. Anna kissed her forehead and pushed her off to get on the train.

Melody entered the compartment and found that Hermione, Ron and Harry had been joined by two other boys. Both boys' eyes widened as Melody looked around. They looked at Harry and then at Ron. They smirked and arrogantly shrugged their shoulders. Melody’s beauty shocked the boys, and they scrambled to sit nearest her.

“Hi, I’m Seamus,” one of the boys said as he sat. “This is Neville.”

The other boy turned red and took a seat next to Harry.

“Hello, Seamus. Hello, Neville,” Melody said sweetly.

Seamus looked back at Ron and continued to question Melody. “Are you new to Hogwarts?”

“Yes.”

“You can’t be a first year, so what brings you to Hogwarts?”

“I’ve just transferred here from Beauxbaton.”

“Really?” the bashful Neville piped up before returning to his silent state.

“Yes, Neville, Melody is from Beauxbaton. Now, would you two please leave her alone!?” Hermione said noticing how uncomfortable Melody was.

Seamus rose and rolled his eyes at Hermione. Neville followed him and together they exited the compartment. The train began to move.

“Talkative, that one!” Melody said referring to Seamus.

“Only around girls, especially ones as -- ” Harry said before cutting out.

The trio began to fill Melody in on everything about the school, from the houses to the trick steps on the staircases. They were interrupted by the compartment door's sliding open once again. It revealed a very blond boy followed by two thuggish guys.

“So, it’s true. Harry and Ron have brought on a French beauty,” the blond-haired boy said smiling at Melody. “I’m Draco Malfoy.”

He offered a hand and when Melody took it he pulled her up from her seat. He kissed her hand and slowly let it go. Melody giggled as his thugs shook nervously.

“Nice to meet you, Draco. My name is Melody Chancelle,” Melody said as one of Draco’s posse coughed.

“Oh, this is Crabbe, and this is Goyle,” Draco said before he gave Melody a smile that made her melt.

There was something about him that made her not trust him, but she couldn’t help but feel attracted to him. His charm was unmatched by any of the boys at Beauxbaton.

“Now, why don’t you come and spend the remainder of the ride with me in my compartment,” Draco said looking over the occupants of this one, “I think you would be better-suited spending time with myself.”

Melody looked at Hermione and then Ron and Harry. All of them glared at Draco. There was something she didn’t know about him.

“Well, I’m sure I will have a fine time here,” Melody said as Draco prepared to leave the compartment.

Draco spun around looking shocked, “What?”

Ron, bursting with new found courage, rose. "She said she didn’t want to go with you!” he said as his fist clenched.

Draco glared at Ron and as Ron was taking a step closer to him, Melody held him back.

“Calm down, boys. I’ll be here all term!” Melody said as Ron turned red and sat down again.

“Fine then!” Draco said. “We can talk later.”

He departed taking his gawking thugs with him. Melody sighed and then took a seat next to Hermione.

“Draco’s nothing but trouble. His father … never mind,” Hermione said before catching herself.

“His father is a Death Eater. Honestly, you’d think we don’t get any news in France!” Melody giggled.

The compartment filled with mild laughter. Rising from her seat, Hermione grabbed her bag from the rack above. She opened it and pulled out a set of Hogwarts robes.

“We’d better change now,” Hermione said giving the boys a particularly strong look.

Harry and Ron rose and in unison said, “We’re going.”

Melody smiled at them and then reached for her own bag. The girls changed and opened the compartment door once again so the boys could return. They too had changed.

“The driver said we’ll arrive in a few minutes,” Harry said upon returning to his seat.

Melody reached for her owl, Sparx, cage, but Hermione stopped her.

“Leave everything here.”

Melody nodded and the train came to a stop. The four stood and straightened their robes. Harry and Hermione anxiously left while Ron waited for Melody to step out before him. She smiled, but took his arm instead and together they walked out.

Ron beamed as they approached the carriages. He helped her as she stepped into the carriage. They rode for a few moments until they were at the castle. Melody looked up in amazement at the stone building. It was magnificent.

At the castle door a very stern-looking witch was calling her name, apparently there to greet her.

“Professor McGonagall wants you,” Ron said before letting go of Melody’s arm as he pointed at the witch.

“Thank you, Ron,” Melody said causing Ron to once again turn red.

Melody approached the witch and introduced herself.

“I’m Professor McGonagall, assistant headmistress. I’m going to take you in to be sorted into your house before the first years arrive. I see you have already made friends with Mr. Weasley, so I assume that he told you about the four houses,” Professor McGonagall said as she hurried some straggling students inside.

“Yes, on the train.”

“Good. Follow me please. We are very excited to have you with us this year.”

“Thank you, Ma’am.”

McGonagall led her into a large entrance hall and swiftly led her to two large doors that would take them to the Great Hall. Once inside, Melody saw that all the students were seated at tables. Harry had informed her that they were seated by house.

The room grew silent as McGonagall led Melody to the front of the room. They walked until Melody and McGonagall stood directly in front of what appeared to be the staff table. Melody was particularly startled by a rather large, gruff-looking man, Rubeus Hagrid. Two seats from him sat Fleur Delacour. Melody was overjoyed to see a fellow Beauxbaton.

McGonagall wasted no time, “Students, this is Melody Chancelle. She is in her sixth year and will be joining us from Beauxbaton.”

Melody smiled at the room and found many of the boys nervously smiling at her. When her eyes fell on Ron, she winked, and he grew red for yet another time.

McGonagall placed a stool behind her and removed the hat that was placed on it. She motioned for Melody to sit and she obliged. McGonagall stood holding the ragged, dirty hat for a moment before placing it on Melody’s head. Grimacing at the thought of the filthy hat on her head, Melody began to hear a voice coming from it.

“Well … a Beauxbaton at Hogwarts? She is clever, loyal and obviously beautiful, but her bravery is great and strong. Hmm … GRYFFINDOR!!”

The Gryffindors exploded with applause, and McGonagall hurried out of the hall. Ron clapped the loudest and pushed the person next to him down to make room for Melody. She took the seat graciously.

Just as she was being seated, McGonagall returned with a large group of young students.

“Firstyears,” Ron whispered in her ear.
They, too, were sorted. After they were all seated, Dumbledore rose to announce something.

“Welcome new students, especially Miss Chancelle, who will be pleased to learn that she will be joined by a fellow Beauxbaton. Miss Delacour will be taking up the vacant Defense Against the Dark Arts post,” he said to great applause.

Fleur rose gracefully and then sat again. Knowing the she was part veela, many of the older boys lost interest in her presence quickly, but the younger ones stumbled over themselves.

Dumbledore finished his announcements, and the feast began. The food magically appeared on the plates, and the Great Hall was soon filled with noise.