Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Melody shook as the figure took a step closer to Ron. Finally, the moonlight hit the girl’s face to reveal Hermione.

“Damn, Hermione! What are you doing sneaking around late at night?” Ron said, putting away his wand.

“I could ask you the same thing. I’m only here looking for you,” Hermione said angrily.

Melody stepped forward so that she stood in line with Ron.

“Maybe I should go,” she said, about to leave.

“No, you stay,” Hermione said coldly.

Melody returned to her place next to Ron, and he placed his arm around her waist.

“What is it?” Ron asked curiously.

Hermione took a step to the side and said, “Dumbledore wants to see you … and Melody.”

Ron looked at Melody and she returned his confused look.

“Did he say why?” Ron asked.

“No. But you'd better hurry, he’s waiting for you in the entrance hall.”

“Thank you, Hermione,” Melody said as Ron pulled her toward the castle.

Ron and Melody raced to the castle. Once inside the entrance hall, they found the headmaster waiting near the grand staircase.

“You wanted to speak with us, Professor?” Ron asked calmly.

“Yes, Mr. Weasley, follow me,” Dumbledore said with a hint of worry in his voice.

They hurried to keep up with Dumbledore’s great strides. Melody felt Ron’s hand grow cold as they approached the headmaster’s office.

Dumbledore spoke the password ("pumpkin juice") and then stepped onto the spiraling staircase. Ron and Melody followed closely behind. Once they were in the office, Dumbledore summoned two chairs for them.

“Please, sit,” Dumbledore said as Ron let go of Melody’s hand. “Now, I know you’re wondering why you are here, so I’ll get to the point. It has come to my attention that you two are … well, and item. Do you kids use that term anymore?”

Ron and Melody shrugged, still confused as to why they were even there -- and what their relationship would have to do with whatever it was.

“Well, whatever you are, you must be cautious, especially you, Melody. Professor Snape has informed me that Mr. Malfoy is not at all pleased with this … um, situation. Ronald, you know that Malfoy can be very jealous, so I’m going to have to ask you to either hide or terminate this relationship. We don’t need Malfoy going to his father, putting both of you in danger.”

“Are you telling us we have to break it off?” Ron asked disheartened.

“No, of course not, I just ask that you make Draco believe that you have ended it,” Dumbledore said sadly.

“What should I do if he makes advances again? Do you want me to accept them?” Melody said nervously.

“Just treat him with dignity and coddle his ego,” Dumbledore answered. “Do it for the Order.”

Melody looked down at her feet, trying to fight back an outburst. Hard times were on the way, and she couldn’t even look to Ron for condolence.

Dumbledore dismissed them and both rose. Ron was about to offer his hand, but stopped himself. They hurried out of the office and down the staircase.

In the hall, Melody broke down.

“It’s not fair!”

Ron wrapped his arms around her, “I know, Mel. We just have to pretend that we have broken up around everyone else. It’ll be fine.”

Melody let out a little sob, and Ron kissed her head. For a few moments, Ron held Melody as tears fell from her eyes. When she calmed down, they walked down the hall and discussed the mock fight they would have the next day.

“What would be the most likely reason we would break up?” Melody asked as she tucked some hair behind her ear.

“You found someone better,” Ron said gently.

Melody stopped him and looked deep into his sad eyes.

“Is that what you think would happen?” she said taking Ron’s right hand in both of hers.

Ron shrugged, but Melody put her hand on his cheek and pulled him in for a kiss.

“Damn, why did it all have to happen like this?” Ron yelled, stamping his foot.

“I don’t know, Ron. We’ll have to try our best.”

“Maybe Hermione would help us.”

“What do you mean?”

“We could act like you caught me and her together by the lake,” Ron said, proud of his quick thinking.

“Then I would have to pretend to be angry with her, too.”

Ron sighed, “You’re right. We should just go with the thing about finding someone better.”

“That’s it! I could pretend to have a thing for Draco! Ron, you’re brilliant!!” Melody said as she jumped up and hugged him.

Ron blushed and they hurried off to the Gryffindor tower.

***

The next morning, Saturday morning, Melody and Ron put the plan into action. They both got up extra early, but waited until everyone had gone down for breakfast. When she was sure all the boys had left, Melody snuck into Ron’s dorm. Her was waiting for her on his bed, but rose when she entered.

“Are you ready to dump me?” Ron asked trying to remain upbeat.

“I suppose so,” Melody answered as she wrapped her arms around his waist, “We better get down to the entrance hall.”

They both hurried down the dormitory stairs pretending to argue for any people in the common room. Many students looked up as they snarled and snapped at each other. What those watching didn’t know was that, inside, they were longing to be together.

When they reached the entrance hall, they made sure to yell loud enough for Malfoy or at least the nosey students to hear.

“IT’S OVER RONALD, DEAL WITH IT!!” Melody screamed convincingly.

“Why would you choose him over me? I mean, he’s a Slytherin!” Ron snapped at her.

A small group of students was gathering around them. They were pleased when they heard the familiar voice snarling at people to move out of his way. Draco had arrived.

“FINE, HAVE HIM!!” Ron said before turning on his heels and fighting his way through the crowd.

Melody exited on the other side of the crowd and ran back upstairs to wait for Ron in the common room. She sat for a few moments, when she heard the portrait hole open.

“Good, you’re back. That went well,” she said before she saw that it was Harry.

She laughed, and Harry took a seat next to her by the fire.

“You mean, that wasn’t real, Mel?”

“Nope, all staged.”

“Good! For a moment, I thought you had a thing for Draco.”

Melody laughed, “No, Dumbledore said Ron and I were putting ourselves in danger by flaunting out relationship in front of him.”

“I see. You were both very convincing, then. The Great Hall is buzzing with gossip of who the mysterious Slytherin is.”

Melody laughed again as Ron came into the room. She jumped from her spot and jumped into Ron’s open arms. He twirled her around and placed her gently on the ground.

“You were bloody brilliant, Mel!” he said enthusiastically.

“You weren’t too bad yourself,” Melody said sweetly.

“Does this mean that you have to pretend to have broken up in front of everyone else?” Harry asked, still quite confused.

Ron and Melody’s happiness turned into depression at the thought of not being able to be around each other most of the time.

“Yeah, mate,” Ron, said as he took a seat in a plush chair.

There was a rustle from the portrait hole, and Melody fled up to her dorm. She couldn’t be seen with Ron or Harry at the moment. Once alone in the dorm, she pulled out a quill and some paper. She began writing a letter to Celeste back in France:

Dear Celeste,

Hello. Oh, Celeste, things are spiraling downward for me here. Everything had been going my way until last night. I told you that Ron and I were dating, right? Well, last night, we found out we have to hide our relationship now, so that Malfoy’s son doesn’t get too jealous. I want to be back at Beauxbaton, without care and with you. The only things that kept me going was Ron, Harry and Hermione. Now Hermione is mad because I stole Ron from her, I can’t be with Ron whenever I want, and Harry has far too many things on his mind for me to bother him. Life is so unfair.

Write back soon!

Love,
Melody


Melody called Sparx over and tied the letter to her leg. As soon as the letter was secure, Sparx flew off to France … home.