Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The next day, Melody threw Ron nasty looks to prove to everyone that they were in fact no longer together. It killed her inside to see other girls comfort him, as it killed him to see the boys flock to Melody.

One particular boy, Draco, was quickly learning that he was the mysterious Slytherin the argument was about. Whenever he encountered Melody in the hall, he threw her a charming smile.

It wasn’t until three days later that he made his move. Melody was walking through the second floor main corridor when Malfoy jumped from an empty classroom and pulled her in.

He hushed her as he closed the door behind them.

“I know I’m the Slytherin Weasley was talking about. You can’t fool me. I knew ever since the day on the train that you wanted me, and now you can,” he said as he pressed her against the wall.

Melody had little time for remark before Draco was placing his lips on hers. Melody, disgusted, tried to casually pull out of the kiss, but she was up against the wall. She had to surrender to Draco’s will and accept his display of emotion convincingly.

Eventually, he pulled away.

“There, you got what you wanted,” he smirked as he put his hand through her hair. She was about to jerk away when she remembered Dumbledore’s warning. Instead she smiled at him and placed her hand on his arm. She led his arm down and it returned to its place on the wall.

“Draco, we must not do this here. Mr. Filch comes in here often,” Melody said as an excuse to escape.

Draco nodded, “You’re right. You should meet me in our common room from now on. No one will see you there. Besides, we can always go up to my dorm.”

Melody was disgusted by the very thought of being alone with Draco in his dorm, but she smiled and slinked out of the room. She thought she was home-free until Draco came running after her down the hall.

“You need to know the password, Sweetie,” he said as he caught up to her.

Melody cringed at the pet name. The only person she wanted calling her "Sweetie" was Ron. Thinking about Ron only made things worse as Draco took her hand. The coldness of his hand made Melody shiver with discomfort. Draco sensed this and stopped her in her tracks.

“What’s wrong,” Draco asked nastily.

Melody thought fast and answered, “Don’t you get nervous around people you like?”

Draco again leaned in for a kiss and then led her to the Great Hall, where she took a seat next to Harry.


***

A week of this charade passed, and Melody ached to kiss Ron and be held in his arms. Harry pitied them and one night set up an exploding snaps tournament to keep all the boys busy while Melody snuck into their dorm to meet with Ron.

After locking the door behind her, she raced into Ron’s open arms. He lifted her up and twirled her before he pulled her into a passionate kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed for many minutes. Neither wanted to let go.

The exploding snaps continued down the stairs as Ron and Melody fell onto his bed. Without even realizing it, Ron was on top of Melody kissing her deeply and zealously. He stopped for a moment, and began to move off of Melody thinking she was uncomfortable. Melody pulled him back and they remained there until Harry knocked on the door warning them that the boys were losing interest in the tournament. Melody rose and straightened herself out. She kissed Ron on the cheek and was gone.

When she returned to her bed, tears covered her face as she thought of sneaking around to be with him. She decided that she would go see Dumbledore the next day.


***

Dumbledore sat in his large chair when Melody entered.

“I thought I would be seeing you soon, Ms. Chancelle,” he said as he looked up from his work.

“I’m sorry to bother you, Headmaster,” Melody said timidly.

“No worry. Now, tell me, how is the Malfoy situation going?”

Melody sobbed as she replied, “I don’t think I can handle much more, sir.”

Dumbledore rose and rounded the desk to where Melody stood. He placed his hand on her shoulder as Melody let out a silent sob.

“I’m sorry for forcing this on you, but by doing this you are only helping Ron. It will all pay off in the long run,” Dumbledore said as he returned to his chair.

“But, I think Malfoy is going to make me … never mind.”

“What is he going to make you do?”

“It is silly. I’m sorry I bothered you, sir.”

Melody ran from the room as tears filled her eyes. Even thinking about what Draco really wanted made her sick. Running down the hall, she ran into Ron, who was on his way to the library.

Seeing the tears in her eyes, he held her close and tried to comfort her.

“What is it, Mel?”

“I don’t want to even go near him, let alone let him kiss me!” Melody screamed as Ron stroked her hair.

Ron sighed, “That bastard better not touch you. I’ll kill him.”

Melody felt Ron’s arms tense as he pulled her in a little closer.

“I want out, Ron. I want him away from me.”

“I know, me too.”

They held each other closely, but didn’t know that around the corner, Draco sat, having walked by looking for her.

***

Seeing as it was Draco, he soon formed a plan to blackmail Ron and Melody. He grabbed her in the hall and then pulled her into a vacant classroom.

“I should have known you were lying when you refused to come to the common room!!” he said, causing Melody to tremble.

“What are you talking about, Draco?” she said as she played with his robes.

“I know that you and Ron are still together. I SAW YOU!”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Draco chuckled, “Don’t play dumb with me! I saw you outside of Dumbledore’s office. I know that you are doing it so I won’t make my father angry with you or Ron. Clever on Dumbledore’s part, but he placed his trust in the wrong hands. You can’t even stay away from Ron for one day without being all over him!”

Melody began to cry as Draco pressed her once again up to the wall.

“Draco, please! Don’t tell your father! At least, leave Ron out of it.”

“Giving up your security for him. You must love him, which makes my plan even more appealing to me, and more painful for you!” Draco snarled as he began to pace the room.

Melody hesitated before asking, “What are you talking about?”

“I promise not to tell my father, if you will do something for me,” Draco said emphasizing "something."

“What do I have to do?”

“Oh, I think you know very well what I want you to do,” he said as he pressed his body against hers, making obvious what he wanted, “I’ll give you till midnight tomorrow to decide.”

Draco left leaving Melody alone to choose between her chastity and saving herself and Ron from Lucius Malfoy’s wrath. Her back slid against the wall as she wept.

***

The next morning, Melody woke to find Hermione sitting on the edge of her own bed. She rose as Melody sat up in her own.

“I’m sorry, Melody! I never should have been angry over Ron. He told me the situation last night. It must be awful!” she said causing Melody’s eyes to once again fill with tears. “What’s wrong, Mel?”

Melody spilled about Malfoy and the choice she had to make. When she had finished, both her and Hermione were in tears. Hermione hugged her, and Melody was glad to have someone to help her again.

“What should I do, 'Mione? Either way, I lose.”

“I don’t know. I think we have to go see Dumbledore.”

“No! I couldn’t tell him about this. I need Tonks.”

“How are we going to talk to Tonks?”

Melody opened her trunk and pulled out a hand mirror. She dusted it odd and then whispered, “Tonks! Tonks, are you there? It’s Melody.”

There was a brief moment of silence and then Tonks’ bright pink hair appeared in the mirror.

“What is it Melody? Is there something wrong?”

“Yes!” Melody said before explaining her situation.

Tonks shook her head, “Mel, there is nothing to worry about! Lucius is in Azkaban!”

“Then why did Dumbledore seem so worried?” Melody snapped.

“I don’t know Melody … wait, I think I have an idea!”

Hermione and Melody huddled over the mirror as Tonks explained a plan to use a memory charm on Malfoy. Once that was done, Melody would use a spell to make him lose interest in her.

“Thank you, Tonks!” Melody squealed into the mirror before putting it away, “I’m especially good with memory charms! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. That tricky part is going to be the anti-love spell.”

“We just learned that in Advanced Charms. I can teach it to you.”

They spent the rest of the day practicing the charm on Seamus.