Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The American Revolution by Sparkling Star

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
By nightfall, Seamus had fallen in and out of love with Melody a total of 74 times. Melody felt confident when Seamus left rather confused and dazed. The common room laughed as Seamus starting dancing with a cloak rack. Hermione flicked her wand, and he snapped out of it.

“Hopefully, the same will happen to Draco,’ Melody said as she put her wand in her robes.

Hermione frowned, “I doubt it. He is a very strong wizard. It’s going to take much more to sway him.”

“I suppose.”

***

The next morning, Melody woke and carried on through her day as usual. Draco made suggestive comments, but she simply ignored them until after Defense Against the Dark Arts. He stopped her on he way out.

“So, have you made your decision?” he asked sharply.

“I’ll be in your common room at midnight. Make sure no one is there,” Melody said softly, suggesting that she was going to surrender to his will.

“Good. I’ll see you then,” he said as he caught up with Crabbe and Goyle.

Melody smirked when he was out of view. Ron turned the corner and Melody casually walked beside him. Melody still hadn’t told Ron what Draco wanted, and she planned to keep it that way, but Draco had other plans.

That night at dinner, Draco approached Ron and Melody.

“I’ll see you later tonight,” he said to Melody, “Isn’t that right Ron?”

Ron’s arm tensed but Melody placed her hand on it to keep him from erupting, and blowing the little cover they had left. At lunch that day, they had staged reconciliation and were now friends in they eyes of all students.

“What are you talking about, Malfoy?” Ron asked through clenched teeth.

Melody looked up at Draco with pleading eyes. He only scoffed and continued, “Well, Melody and I have planned a little meeting in my dorm this evening. I’m sure you know what I mean by that.”

Draco laughed and hurried of to his own seat. Ron’s face fell once he comprehended what was going on. Melody began to speak, but he was gone. He rose from his seat and exited the Great Hall. Melody looked down at her plate as tears filled her eyes. She couldn’t even run after him -- it would just be too obvious to risk.

***

That night, she walked the dungeon and found the Slytherin common room. She spoke the password and was in. Malfoy was sitting on a black leather couch looking very smug as she entered.

“You know, you are making the right decision by coming,” he said as he removed his top robe.

Melody wasted no time, and in seconds she was screaming the memory incantation. Once Draco had forgotten that he had seen Melody and Ron, Melody spoke another incantation to make him lose interest in her. She said this one as she backed to the door. She would have to hurry out before he saw her. Otherwise, he would wonder what she was doing in their common room.

“Ricardum Aphrodition!” Melody screamed before running out of the room. She sprinted to the stairs that would bring her back to Gryffindor tower.

She passed through the portrait hole and saw Ron pacing the common room waiting for her. Melody saw that his face was red from tears. He shook his head and slumped into a couch.

Melody ran to the couch and sat next to him. He tried to look away, but couldn’t.

“I can’t believe you would do that!” he finally erupted.

His head was in his hands as Melody placed her hand on his knee.

“Ron, listen to me. That was never the plan.”

“Then why did he talk about it at supper?”

“He thought that was why I was going to his common room -- really. It was just a lie to get him alone. I used a memory charm on him. He doesn’t remember seeing us.”

“He still wants you,” Ron said, finally looking at Melody.

“Hermione taught me a charm to make him lose interest in me. It’s all over, Ron! We can go back to the way it was.”

Ron’s face brightened as Melody swung her arms around his neck.

“It’s really over?”

Melody nodded and kissed Ron’s cheek.

***

The next day was the test to see if her last incantation had worked. Ron’s arm was around Melody’s waist as they saw Draco at the end of the corridor. They walked passed him without him saying anything. Melody jumped up and kissed Ron. They ran up to Dumbledore’s office to tell him the good news, but Dumbledore was already there coming out of the library.

“Headmaster! Melody solved the problem,” Ron said as his words echoed through the empty corridor.

“What have you done?” Dumbledore asked interested.

“I used a simple memory charm and an anti-love spell,” Melody said proudly.

“Well done, Miss Chancelle, well done,” Dumbledore said as he headed off to the Great Hall.

When he was out of sight, Ron grabbed Melody in his arms and kissed her passionately.

***

That afternoon, Ron and Melody went for a walk along the lake.

“I missed our walks,” Ron said as they passed the willow that they had sat under the night Dumbledore warned them about Malfoy.

“Me too,” Melody said sweetly as she took his hand in both of hers.

They walked for nearly an hour before they headed back to the castle for supper. They took two seats across from Hermione and Harry as Dumbledore rose to make an announcement.

“Students, I am pleased to announce that for Halloween this year, we shall be holding a dance. This will be a formal event so please dress accordingly in your dress robes,” he said before again taking his seat.

The Great Hall buzzed with excitement as people discussed the upcoming event, but Melody was in her own world. Nothing else mattered on this day. Finally, she had Ron and her dignity. Everything was going her way again -- everything.