Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Summer Dreams by Accio_Chocolate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I’m using the Imperius Curse to get JKR’s characters to do my bidding, they belong to her.

Diagon Alley




August first dawned early for the chaotic household preparing to leave for Diagon Alley. The inhabitants were flooing to Fred and George’s shop to do their school shopping before the meeting. Harry and Ron spent much of the morning anticipating their visit to Quality Quidditch Supply. Ron insisted Harry needed new Quidditch gloves to replace the tattered and too small ones he’d had since first year. Everyone was looking forward to exploring Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes, even Mrs. Weasley. To add to the commotion, Aunt Petunia had to be calmed down at the thought of flying through dirty fireplaces. It was finally decided that Molly would take her to London via a portkey.

One by one, the group threw floo powder into the grate and shouted, “Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes.”

Harry followed Ginny into the storeroom. He still didn’t like flooing much, but he did enjoy helping Ginny brush the soot from her robes. This netted him a smile from Ginny and a raised eyebrow from Ron.

Fred greeted everyone, “Good morning and welcome to our humble store!”

Ron snorted at this, but covered with a cough when he noticed the look on his brother’s face.

Mrs. Weasley’s shrieks interrupted any retaliation as she ran towards them closely followed by Aunt Petunia, “Get it off!”

“Hello Mum. Don’t worry, it’s just our guard imp, he’s harmless.” George chuckled at the sight of his mother fleeing an imp.

Mrs. Weasley looked like she was about to build up her usual head of steam, but Fred quickly diffused the situation. “Ok you lot, your guards will be here shortly to escort you while you shop. And just as a precaution, Ron and Harry will go with one, while Ginny and Hermione go with the other. Until then, feel free to walk around, and put anything you want behind the counter. Since you’re family, you get 20 galleons worth of free merchandise.” Fred stood aside so the crowd could enter the store.

Harry was immediately drawn to a display featuring an assortment of sweets, and a large sign that cautioned against sampling the trick confections. Recognizing Canary Creams, Harry knew the twins weren’t kidding. He wandered down several aisles, stopping here and there to peruse the pranks. He dropped the box of puking pastilles when he heard Ginny shriek. Running towards the middle of the store, Harry stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Ginny and Hermione doubled up with laughter. They were wearing goggles, and couldn’t stop laughing.

“Ron, you’re wearing maroon underwear!” gasped Hermione.

Ron turned scarlet, and then demanded “How did you know that?”

Hermione removed the goggles, and then handed them to Ron before explaining, “These are Giggle Goggles. They let you see whoever you are looking at in their underwear.”

“Nice boxers Harry!” Ron shouted in glee. Harry’s face burned with embarrassment.

“Quite useful, but what if you aren’t wearing underwear?” asked Tonks, appearing out of nowhere.

“Nymphadora! Are you saying you forgot to wear underwear?” Remus winked devilishly, and announced, “Well, who is coming with me, and who is going with Tonks?”

“I want to go with Tonks, no offense Remus, but we need to have some girl talk,” stated Ginny. As the girls headed for the door, Ginny brushed up against Harry. “They are nice you know,” she whispered with a mischievous glint in her eye. The girls rushed out the door, talking in hushed voices, and sending glances over their shoulders. Ginny waved goodbye, giggling at the deep shade of red covering Harry’s face.

“Well, Harry, Ron, it looks as if it’s just the three of us to do your shopping. We’ll need to get your school things, and I have a few stores to stop off at as well.” Remus walked towards the door, and the boys quickly followed.




Soon they were overloaded with packages containing their school supplies, books and Quidditch supplies. With school business taken care of, Remus headed the search for the perfect birthday present. He explained that Tonks’ birthday was September 27, and Remus wanted to get her gift before he was sent on another mission for the Order. After going into nearly a dozen stores, he finally stopped in front of Zelda’s Delights. Remus nodded to himself declaring, “Why didn’t I think of coming here first? This will be the perfect place to get Tonks a present.”

Harry and Ron looked warily at the store, but did not protest. It was a good thing Remus was so organized. His search made them realize both Ginny and Hermione had birthdays coming up even before Tonks’. So they should also look for something to buy their girlfriends, but had not had any luck in locating appropriate gifts.

Ron grinned as he entered the store, heading straight to a display of bookends. Picking up a set with carved otters, he asked, “Do you reckon Hermione will like these?”

Remembering Hermione’s patronus, Harry nodded, and continued to wander the store. He wanted something romantic, but he didn’t want Ginny to have to endure teasing from her brothers. Pausing in front of a bookshelf, he noticed Enchanted Books, which only showed the true name of the book to the owner. Harry was ready to buy Ginny a book of poetry, but decided against it, thinking it would remind her of Tom Riddle’s diary. He caught sight of a case of crystal animals, and went to investigate. Picking up a green frog sitting on a heart shaped lily pad, Harry knew this was sentimental enough to give her. After all, his eyes were green as a pickled toad.

Remus found Tonks a present, and having it wrapped when Harry came to the counter to pay. Curious as to what Lupin had bought for the ever changing Tonks, he peered over the counter, trying to see into the box.

“Now Harry, I can’t have you ruin the surprise! You’ll know what I got her after her birthday.” Remus had a look like a lovesick teenager on his face.

Having finished their shopping, Harry and Ron persuaded Remus that ice cream sundaes were in order. The trio made their way to the ice cream parlor, and at Mr. Fortescue’s insistence, was given their treats on the house. The conversation quickly turned to Quidditch, so Harry suggested that they go back to Quality Quidditch Supplies to kill the remaining time before they had to return to the Leaky Cauldron.

Gathering up the bags filled with their purchases, Ron groaned, “We should just enchant these bags to weigh nothing, or better yet, shrink them to fit in our pockets.”

Remus waved his wand lazily, and Harry’s bags shrank to fit in his palm. He stuffed them into his pocket, and followed Ron across the street. A confused looking clerk greeted them as they entered.

“Hello, haven’t you lot been here already today?” asked the perplexed witch.

“Yes, but we thought we would pass some time and wander around. Hope you don’t mind.” Remus walked past her, and began whistling an odd tune.

“Harry! I didn’t expect to see you in here, being banned from Quidditch!” Oliver Wood exclaimed as he emerged from behind a display of brooms. “Angelina was quite furious with that, wrote me nearly two feet of parchment.”

“Hi Wood! It’s good to see you!” Harry greeted his former Quidditch Captain. “Dumbledore told me that Umbridge’s ban was lifted, so I’ll be playing again this year. What are you doing here?”

Wood grinned, “Well, we’re playing the Cannons tomorrow, so I came to London to visit my girlfriend. Have you met Tiana Boothby?

A very pretty brunette appeared at Wood’s side. She smiled warmly as she greeted them. She reminded Harry strongly of Fleur, especially since Ron was now standing next to him, staring at him with his mouth open.

“Nice to meet you,” Harry said shaking her hand, “This is Ron Weasley.”

Ron turned red and squeaked, “Hello.”

“All right, it’s time to be heading back. Molly wants you to eat dinner before the meeting, and I’ve got to get ready as well.” Remus herded the boys out of the store.

Harry elbowed Ron in the ribs as they left the store. “It’s a good thing Hermione wasn’t in there; I’d be down one best mate.” Harry teased.

“What?” Ron asked confusedly, Harry and Remus just laughed in response as they made their way to the Leaky Cauldron.




Harry nervously knocked on the door to the room his Aunt Petunia had disappeared into after dinner. She had looked distressed during the meal, and he wanted to make sure they were on time for the meeting. Aunt Petunia opened the door slowly, and tried to smile, but failed.

“Come in Harry. How much longer until the meeting starts?” queried his aunt.

“We have about fifteen minutes until they open the doors. Are you ready?” Harry glanced at Aunt Petunia, unsure of whether or not to continue speaking.

“Petunia, Harry, it’s time to go.” Molly said from the doorway before walking down the hall.




A/N: I had fun creating Tiana Boothby’s name. Tiana is my cousin’s name, who is just as big of fan of HP as I am, and on the LC lexicon, there is a witch, Gladys Boothby, who invented the Moontrimmer broomstick. As my cousin loves Oliver Wood, I thought I would be nice and use her name as his girlfriend, and a name that was important to Quidditch as we know it.

B/N: Wow! That’s amazing! Tonks has the same birthday as someone else I know. Hmmm… Who could that be? OH YEAH! You! And ME! What a good day to have a birthday! Happy Birthday Genny! Much love, Amanda (aka pandafan81)