Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Letters of Life by megpotter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Prologue

----Ginny’s P.O.V. ----

As she sat staring at her Mother’s clock, (this was not an ordinary clock for it had all of the Weasley and Potter names on it and instead of numbers had “Home”, “School”, “Work” , “traveling”, “Lost”, “Hospital”, “prison”, and “Mortal Peril”) Ginny grew more and more anxious for she had a strange feeling in the gut of her stomach that told her this would be the last battle, that either Voldemort or her husband would die tonight. Ginny would have gone tonight, but Harry had made her stay at the burrow with the rest of her brother’s wives.

Periodically Ginny would get up and check on her sleeping nieces and nephews. Bill and Fleur had three sons and one daughter Nicholas at three, Hannah and William at four, and Gregory at seven. George and Katie had also had twins, Fred and Arthur. While Ron and Hermione had two children Harry at three, and Rachael at two. Charlie and Aaliyah had a little girl named Margaret who was five. Fred and Angela didn’t have any children yet, much to the distress of Mrs. Wealsey. Ginny sat down after just checking on the little ones thinking that she wished she could have children of her own, and was sad that she and Harry hadn’t been successful in having children yet. Suddenly, an eight and a half month pregnant Penelope screamed and began crying uncontrollably. When Ginny looked at the clock she noticed that Percy’s hand now rested on “Hospital”.

Molly rushed over to comfort her, while Ginny, seeing that she was cared for slipped back into her own thoughts. She couldn’t help think for a second, ‘What if Harry died tonight and they never got the chance to have children together??’ She and Harry had desperately been trying to have children, and hadn’t been successful yet.

Nothing else eventful happened for another hour, and then suddenly there was a series of loud “cracks” and the Wealsey men appeared. The only person who appeared injured was Percy who was limping, supported by Bill and Mr. Weasley. They all looked tired, especially Harry, who didn’t look as happy as the rest of the men. Suddenly their respective wives ran, (or waddled in Penelope’s case) over to the men. Ginny only asked three words ‘Is it over’ before she started crying, since she knew the answer to the question. Harry just nodded and pulled her into a loving hug.

Mrs. Weasley thought it wonderful that it was over so they could all just relax for Nicholas’ birthday tomorrow. Of course, there would have to be people patrolling to make sure that any left-over Death Eaters didn’t try to harm any one, but it felt as if the greatest burden of all time had been lifted. They had nit only won the war, but not a single member of her family had been lost. Even though many great people had been lost, nobody in her own family had died. So they all went home to get their first real rest for the first time in months.

*****