Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Letters of Life by megpotter

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
*******about 1 month later*

----Ginny’s P.O.V. -----
“Harry! Stop it,” Ginny shrieked as Harry tickled her. “This is hard enough as it is!”

She and Harry had spent the last hour trying to compose the perfect letter to her mother. After many drafts they were finally almost done.

“Ginny you know you should get some rest, it’s getting late, plus you wouldn’t want to be awake when Father Christmas comes would you?” he asked jokingly.

Ginny replied, “No, I wouldn’t, would I Mr. Potter.”

“No you wouldn’t, and you really should get some rest you know. Anyway your Mother is expecting us bright and early,” he stated matter of factly.

“Just let me sign the letter then I’ll be done,” she put the letter in the envelope sealed it then placed it on top of the giant stack of presents waiting to go to her parents tomorrow.

“I’m going to bed, are you coming Harry?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be up in a moment love.”

Ginny watched her husband from the steps leading up to their master bedroom of their new house. They’d bought this house a few months ago, just before Harry defeated Voldemort, and were still unpacking. Seeing that her husband was in deep thought she went up to bed.

-----Hermione’s P.O.V. -----

“Sleep well,” Hermione said as she kissed her son goodnight. She then followed Ron to their daughter’s room and kissed her good night. They then went to their bedroom to go to sleep themselves.

“So, have you thought anymore about the crib situation?” Hermione asked referring to whether or not they were going keep the old crib.

“A little, but I haven’t had any breakthroughs yet,” Ron replied smartly.

Hermione smiled and kissed her husband, then said, “That’s okay, neither have I, but I am hungry for something sweet! It would be excellent if somebody would volunteer to go down to the kitchen and get us something!”

Ron laughed at her then said, “I assume that the someone you’re referring to implies me?”

Hermione also laughed then nodded yes.

Ron sighed and stated, “You are starting to sound like me!!”

Hermione shrugged and said, “Well at least I have a good excuse!”

Ron raised his eyebrows at this and said, “Are we planning on telling our parents yet?”

Hermione bit her lip then replied, “Only if it comes up, now what about that snack?”

*The next morning*

Hermione’s eyes snapped open and she sat up with a start, not knowing what woke her. She looked around and realized that Harry and Rachael were bouncing on the balls of their feet, in anticipation. She rolled over to wake Ron, who was still snoring soundly. When she finally woke him she grabbed her dressing gown and followed the children down stairs where the presents waited.

Hermione leaned her head back and sighed in exhaustion saying, “This is going to be a long day.” they were now sitting in sea of wrapping paper, with the satisfied children playing with their new toys. Hermione had received a lovely necklace from Ron that was gold and had two stones one diamond for Harry who was born in April and the other was aquamarine for Rachael who was born in March. She had responded by giving Ron two tickets to a Chudley Cannons game. Now, they were attempting to do a quick clean up before heading off to the Burrow.

----Ginny’s P.O.V. ---

Ginny woke up refreshed, after a wonderful night of sleep, to smell breakfast already being cooked. She grabbed her dressing gown and hurried downstairs, feeling like a little child again, filled with anticipation about the up coming day. After Harry and she had exchanged gifts of books, jewelry, and a few other things they sat around the Christmas tree and talked for about half an hour.

Eventually they made their way upstairs to change and prepare for the upcoming day. When they where completely ready, (Ginny in a loose fitting green dress that complimented the color of her hair, and Harry in slacks and a button up shirt), they split the presents up between the two of them and prepared to Apparate.

---Hermione’s P.O.V. ---

When they were completely ready to go to the Burrow, Ron retrieved the pot from on top of the mantel that contained Floo Powder, (it had to be put up because the children kept knocking over, mainly Harry who not only looked exactly like his father but inherited his clumsiness too). Ron flooed first with Rachael, then she would follow with Harry. Right in the middle of the floo network, Hermione started to feel sick, “Oh no she thought, this can’t be happening now, everyone will find out…,” a moment later she and Harry exited the Floo network and she promptly set Harry down and rushed to the bathroom. She felt horrible as she pushed someone, (she wasn’t sure who), aside in the process, but it was that, or be sick on them.

Ron who knew what was happening stopped in the middle of a hug with his mother and pushed her away and went to attend to his wife. Luckily, he thought, they where the first people to arrive there.

He found Hermione throwing up her breakfast into the toilet, and she was muttering under her breath, something about “…this happens every time…,” and other things he couldn’t understand.

When she got herself to stop throwing up she looked up to see Ron crouched by her and a very anxious looking Molly standing in the doorway. So she asked, “How many people are here?”

Ron replied, “By some miracle, we were the first to arrive,” she laughed then stopped because she retched once again!

She closed her eyes to relax and Molly asked, “Do you want a potion, you should have some, then go straight to bed, no sense in getting everyone sick.”

Hermione looked at Ron and whispered, “I guess this applies as coming up?” He nodded silently, and then helped her up. Hermione replied to Molly, “I don’t need the potion, but we do need to talk.”

Once they were situated in the kitchen, Hermione with a cup of tea, Ron started, “Um… we have some good news, but we don’t really want anyone to know yet.”
Molly looked bewildered and nodded. So Hermione continued, “Okay, I’m just going to say it…I’m pregnant!”

Molly shrieked, and gave Hermione and Ron a rib-breaking hug. While Arthur just sat there and beamed at his son and daughter-in-law. At this moment Percy, Penelope, and there one month old daughter, Penny arrived to find their Mother happier than she had been in weeks.